- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, with racks on upperand lower thirds. On a clean work surface, toss nuts with dried fruit. Sprinkle over dough; knead until just blended.
- Form into 1-inch balls; place 2 inches apart on parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake cookies in upper and lower thirds of oven, switching positions of sheets halfway through, until edges are barely golden, about 15 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Dust with sugar.
- Shape four large scoops of vanilla ice cream into snowballs.
- Roll in flaked coconut, covering completely.
- Place one snowball into each of four dessert dishes, spoon crushed pineapple and juice evenly over each snowball.
- Top with whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 140.4, Fat 4, SaturatedFat 2.5, Cholesterol 15.8, Sodium 29.9, Carbohydrate 26.3, Fiber 1.2, Sugar 24, Protein 1.7
TROPICAL HAWAIIAN SNOWBALLS (HAWAIIAN-STYLE RUSSIAN TEA COOKIES)
These delicious cookies are like snowballs in that when they are left out they disappear quickly. No, they don't melt, but it seems that they attract little menehune (Hawaiian elves) that just love to gobble them all up when you're not looking! Cooking time includes 30 minutes for cookies to cool off. Also feel free to play around with the extracts. I have used pineapple extract with coconut extract, coconut and banana, and butter, rum and vanilla. All have come out well!
Provided by HawaiiChef79
Yield 72 cookies, 72 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line 5 cookie sheets with parchment paper, or spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, sugar and vanilla and coconut extracts.
- Sift together the flour and the salt.
- Slowly add to the butter mixture.
- Add nuts. Mix until blended well.
- Roll into small, bite sized balls. (about 3/4 of an ounce or 2 tablespoons). I like to use a small #40 portion disher (small, 3/4 ounce sized, ice cream scoop) and place 1-inch apart on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes, or until slightly golden.
- While still warm, (not hot, not cold) roll through powdered sugar.
- Keeps about a week (but they won't be around that long) in an air-tight container.
HAWAIIAN SNOWBALL DESSERT
This is a favorite recipe with everyone. Great for weddings or any special celebration or just a wonderful dessert. Best if made the day before eating!
Provided by kandi rasmussen
Categories Other Desserts
Number Of Ingredients 7
- 1. Cream butter, sugar and egg yolk together.
- 2. Add pineapple and chopped nuts
- 3. Beat egg white stiffly and fold into mixture.
- 4. Spread mixture between vanilla wafers using 4 wafers for each snowball.
- 5. To serve,cover each with whipped cream and roll in coconut.
- 6. Leave
- 7. in refrigerator overnight.
- 8. One package of coconut and 1/2 pint whipping cream equals 1 dozen
NO BAKE TROPICAL SNOWBALLS
Yum. This is a hit for everyone who loves coconut, pineapple and pecans. And, no baking. These will disappear before your eyes.
Provided by Sharon Whitley
Number Of Ingredients 4
- 1. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and pineapple until combined then fold in the pecans. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Take out of refrigerator and roll into 1-inch balls; then roll the balls in the coconut. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
More about "hawaiian snowballs recipes"
SNOWBALL COOKIES RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
4.2/5 (195)Calories 130 per servingServings 48
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place, 1 inch apart, onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 16-18 minutes or until very lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes; roll in powdered sugar while still warm and again when cool.
SNOWBALL COOKIES - DON'T LOSE THIS... - HAWAIIAN KINE ...
10 BEST COCONUT SNOWBALLS RECIPES | YUMMLY
MACADAMIA NUT SNOWBALL COOKIES RECIPE - KEEPING IT RELLE
Reviews 13Calories 113 per servingCategory Desserts
- In a large mixing bowl cream together butter and powdered sugar with a hand mixer until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and mix until well incorporated.
- Shape dough into about 1 inch balls and place on the prepared cookie sheet about an inch apart.
GLUTEN FREE SNOWBALL COOKIES - EASY GLUTEN-FREE RECIPES ...
Reviews 10Total Time 55 minsServings 24Calories 143 per serving
SOUTH AFRICAN SNOWBALLS RECIPE | FOOD LIKE AMMA USED TO ...
Servings 12Estimated Reading Time 8 minsCategory BakingTotal Time 30 mins
HAWAIIAN SNOWBALLS | RECIPE | HAWAIIAN DESSERTS, HAWAIIAN ...
Servings 35Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
SNOWBALLS - HAWAIIAN STYLE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
SIMPLY DELICIOUS BUTTER COOKIES | HAWAIIAN ELECTRIC
HAWAIIAN SNOWBALLS RECIPES
HAWAIIAN RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
LISA IS COOKING: HAWAIIAN SNOWBALLS
THE ROYAL HAWAIIAN'S SWEET NEW BAKERY - HAWAII MAGAZINE
HAWAIIAN SNOWBALLS | RECIPE | SUGAR COOKIES RECIPE ...
HAWAIIAN SNOWBALLS - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
KONA BREWING WILL DONATE MEALS TO PEOPLE IN NEED WHEN YOU ...
HAWAIIAN SNOWBALLS | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE COMMUNITY!
HAWAIIAN SNOWBALLS | RECIPE | COOKIES RECIPES CHRISTMAS ...
TROPICAL HAWAIIAN SNOWBALLS HAWAIIAN STYLE RUSSIAN TEA ...
KETO HAWAII RECIPES FOR A LOW CARB DIET
HAWAIIAN SNOWBALLS RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #low-protein #healthy #5-ingredients-or-less #desserts #easy #no-cook #beginner-cook #low-fat #dietary #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #low-calorie #healthy-2 #low-in-something #technique
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make pink coconut snowballs?To make pink coconut simply place the desiccated coconut into a bowl then add coloring. Mix well until all the coconut is colored. Allow to dry while you make our syrup. To make the syrup for the snowballs you will need 1 cup of jam and half cut water. Let the water boil then add jam and mix until dissolved.
How to cook snowballs in the oven?Pinch out small pieces of about 5 cm diameter and roll into small balls then place onto a lined baking tray. Flatten the top by pressing slightly. Bake at 180 degrees for 15 minutes. The snowballs don’t need to brown it needs to cook .You can test this by inserting a toothpick into one of the snow balls.
How do you make snowballs with jam?To make the syrup for the snowballs you will need 1 cup of jam and half cut water. Let the water boil then add jam and mix until dissolved. I prefer the syrup not to be too weak since you don’t want it to seep through the snowball. You just want it to form a binding layer between the coconut and the snowball.
What are snowball cookies?They're also known as Mexican Wedding Cookies, Russian Tea Cakes, and Italian Wedding Cookies. We typically make gluten free snowball cookies for Christmas day and we often make extra to share with friends, as a holiday gift. If you can't have pecans, you can use sliced and chopped almonds, or walnuts.