HAWAIIAN GRILLED TERIYAKI CHICKEN
- Place chicken thighs in a bowl or gallon-sized Ziploc bag, set aside.Combine remaining ingredients in medium-sized mixing bowl and mix until sugar dissolves.Pour marinade over chicken, press air out of bag, and seal tightly (or cover the bowl and make it as air-tight as possible). Refrigerate overnight (or at least 4 hours). Remove chicken from bag and set aside. Do NOT discard marinade.
- In a medium saucepan, bring marinade to a simmer and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Place chicken on grill and brush some of the hot marinade over the top (do not place brush back in marinade after brushing the chicken).Continue to grill chicken until done (165 degrees internal temp).
- Place cooked chicken in a baking dish and pour remaining hot teriyaki marinade over the top. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 523 kcal, Carbohydrate 53 g, Protein 27 g, Fat 23 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, Cholesterol 133 mg, Sodium 2711 mg, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 48 g, ServingSize 1 serving
HAWAIIAN TERIYAKI CHICKEN
Got this from a friend from my church. This is not a recipe that you would make for dinner unless you have several hours before dinner time. It's well worth the wait and is excellent served over cooked rice.
Provided by LARavenscroft
Categories Chicken Thigh & Leg
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Place chicken in a casserole dish.
- Combine all ingredients (except pineapple) and pour over chicken.
- Bake covered for 2 hours.
- Stir several times while baking.
- Add pineapple just before serving.
- Serve over cooked rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 548.3, Fat 13.4, SaturatedFat 3.4, Cholesterol 282.6, Sodium 294.2, Carbohydrate 36.2, Fiber 0.5, Sugar 33.2, Protein 67.2
HAWAIIAN TERIYAKI CHICKEN
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Combine the water and soy sauce and then dissolve the sugar in the liquid. Add the garlic and ginger and then the chicken.
- You can soak the meat in the marinade for up to 3 days or at least 24 hours.
- Grill the chicken
- Strain and Boil the left over teriyaki marinade and use to pour over the chicken after grilled.
HAWAIIAN CHICKEN I
- Place the chicken breast halves in a dish with the 1 1/2 cups of teriyaki sauce. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat a grill for high heat.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Place chicken breasts on grill, and discard marinade. Cook for 8 minutes per side, or until juices run clear. Brush with the remaining teriyaki sauce during the last 5 minutes. When almost done, place one pineapple ring on top of each breast, and brush with melted butter.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, mix the brown sugar, soy sauce, pineapple juice, and Worcestershire sauce. Cook, stirring occasionally, until sugar is dissolved. Serve with chicken for dipping!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 547.8 calories, Carbohydrate 63.2 g, Cholesterol 107.9 mg, Fat 18.2 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 32.5 g, SaturatedFat 10.5 g, Sodium 5830.9 mg, Sugar 56.1 g
CHICKEN SPICY HAWAIIAN TERIYAKI RICE BOWL
Something like Rumbi's. Taken from Busy Little Kitchen's blog. Substituting the chicken with grilled shrimp would be absolutely divine.
Provided by gailanng
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 21
- In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil until shimmering. Add the prepared vegetables and saute until crisp-tender, a couple minutes. Season with salt and pepper. In a bowl, serve up a large scoop of Rumbi rice, a scoop of hot vegetables, a scoop of grilled chicken cubes, and a heavy drizzle of Spicy Hawaiian Teriyaki sauce.
- To make the rice: Combine the water, coconut milk, and sugar in a large saucepan. Stir in rice and beans. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 18 to 20 minutes, until rice is tender. Fluff with a fork before serving.
- To make the Spicy Hawaiian Teriyaki Sauce: Combine the bottled teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, Sriracha, ginger, salt and brown sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Combine cornstarch and water and SLOWLY add as needed for thickening (you may not need all of it.) It should be slightly syrupy; allow to simmer and thicken, about a minute. Serve warm over your rice bowls. (If you find that the sauce is too thick when it cools, just add a little more teriyaki sauce to it.).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1240.3, Fat 34.1, SaturatedFat 20.1, Cholesterol 69.6, Sodium 4542, Carbohydrate 184.8, Fiber 13.6, Sugar 76, Protein 50
More about "hawaiian teriyaki chicken recipes"
HAWAIIAN TERIYAKI CHICKEN - HAPPY HOMESCHOOL NEST
4.3/5 (15)Total Time 1 hr 30 minsServings 12Calories 280 per serving
10 BEST HAWAIIAN TERIYAKI CHICKEN RECIPES | YUMMLY
TERIYAKI BBQ CHICKEN: HAWAII RECIPES & THINGS TO DO IN HAWAII
DEAN SHARES HIS RECIPE FOR GRILLED HAWAIIAN CHICKEN SKEWERS
HAWAIIAN TERIYAKI SAUCE - SAUCE FANATIC
HAWAIIAN CHICKEN TERIYAKI STIR-FRY - WHOLE AND HEAVENLY OVEN
HAWAIIAN CHICKEN TERIYAKI RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
HAWAIIAN STYLE TERIYAKI CHICKEN – FASTINHAND RECIPES
BAKED HAWAIIAN PINEAPPLE CHICKEN TERIYAKI RECIPE – 5 POINTS
RECIPE OF TASTY BAKED HAWAIIAN TERIYAKI CHICKEN | 97RECIPES.COM
HAWAIIAN TERIYAKI CHICKEN - SWEET PEA'S KITCHEN
HAWAII-STYLE TERIYAKI SAUCE - ONOLICIOUS HAWAIʻI
TASTES OF HAWAII RECIPE - HAWAIIAN STYLE TERIYAKI BEEF OR …
GRILLED HAWAIIAN CHICKEN TERIYAKI BOWLS - TASTES BETTER …
HAWAIIAN TERIYAKI CHICKEN SKEWERS RECIPE - HAWAII TRAVEL WITH KIDS
HAWAIIAN TERIYAKI PINEAPPLE CHICKEN RECIPE
-VEGAN HAWAIIAN TERIYAKI CHICKEN- COURTNEY'S HOMESTEAD
HAWAIIAN TERIYAKI CHICKEN BOWL RUMBI COPYCAT - LIKE MOTHER, LIKE …
SLOW COOKER HAWAIIAN TERIYAKI CHICKEN - TOGETHER AS FAMILY
HAWAIIAN-CHICKEN-TERIYAKI – GRANDMA'S RECIPE
TERIYAKI FRIED CHICKEN II RECIPE • COOKING HAWAIIAN STYLE
SWEET HAWAIIAN CHICKEN WITH TERIYAKI GLAZE OVER WHITE RICE
HAWAIIAN TERIYAKI CHICKEN SKEWERS - HOUSE OF NASH EATS
GRILLED HAWAIIAN TERIYAKI CHICKEN SKEWERS | THE RECIPE CRITIC
HAWAIIAN TERIYAKI CHICKEN RECIPE – HEALTHY MEAL PREP FOR THE WEEK
TERIYAKI FRIED CHICKEN I RECIPE • COOKING HAWAIIAN STYLE
GRILLED HAWAIIAN CHICKEN TERIYAKI – THE SASSY FOODIE
HAWAIIAN STYLE TERIYAKI CHICKEN - EFILRES
HAWAIIAN CHICKEN TERIYAKI RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
BAKED HAWAIIAN CHICKEN TERIYAKI - HAPPY HOMESCHOOL NEST
HAWAIIAN STYLE TERIYAKI CHICKEN - BIGOVEN.COM
HAWAIIAN TERIYAKI CHICKEN THIGHS - CLEAN FINGERS LAYNIE
HAWAIIAN GRILLED HULI HULI CHICKEN | COOKIES AND CUPS
RECIPE BAKED HAWAIIAN TERIYAKI CHICKEN - CREATE THE MOST …
HAWAIIAN TERIYAKI CHICKEN SKEWERS – MODERN HONEY
ALOHA STYLES: HOW TO MAKE GRILLED HAWAIIAN CHICKEN TERIYAKI
HAWAIIAN TERIYAKI CHICKEN BURGERS - SUNKISSED KITCHEN
HAWAIIAN HULI-HULI TERIYAKI MARINADE AND SAUCE RECIPE
SWEET ISLAND TERIYAKI CHICKEN | THE RECIPE CRITIC
HAWAIIAN AIR FRYER TERIYAKI CHICKEN KABOBS - SIMPLY HAPPENINGS
AUTHENTIC HAWAIIAN RECIPES - FAVORITE FAMILY RECIPES
#time-to-make #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #poultry #asian #chicken #dietary #gluten-free #free-of-something #meat #chicken-thighs-legs #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make grilled Hawaiian teriyaki chicken skewers?How Do You Make Grilled Hawaiian Teriyaki Chicken Skewers? In a small saucepan, whisk together the brown sugar, soy sauce, pineapple juice, garlic, pepper, and salt. In a small bowl, whisk together the water and cornstarch. Slowly whisk into the mixture. Bring to boil and boil about 1-3 minutes until the mixture just starts to thicken.
What is Hawaiian teriyaki sauce?There is regular teriyaki sauce, and then there is Hawaiian Teriyaki Sauce (which is also called Hawaii-Style Teriyaki Sauce and Local Teriyaki Sauce ). This Hawaii version is super easy to make, all you need is soy sauce, sugar, and ginger!
How do you cook teriyaki chicken?Stir Fry – If I can’t grill the chicken, my next favorite way to prepare teriyaki chicken is to cut it into bite sized pieces and stir-fry it in a large wok or skillet. Add a little sesame oil to the skillet over medium-high heat, add the chicken and saute until white on the outside, and then add the sauce.
What to serve with Hawaiian teriyaki chicken?Of course, this Hawaiian Teriyaki Chicken is incredible on its own or with simple sides such as white rice or steamed vegetables, but it is also amazing when added to other dishes. Our favorite way to serve teriyaki chicken is as part of a plate lunch (see notes below) but you can also put it over salad or add it to a Hawaiian rice bowl.