HEART SHAPED CHOCOLATE & CHERRIES & CREAM CAKE
Every year I pick a cake to make for Valentine's Day, this one is from Taste Of Home and is beautiful. Cake is baked in two 9 inch heart shaped pans, I found them in regular pans and disposable tin pans. My cake took longer to cook about 30 minutes. Also this is a very sweet cake. I used two cans of cherry pie filling (not all of both) and for the topping on top I tried to just get the cherries with just a little of the juice.
Provided by Pumpkie
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In large bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each one.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Combine the flour, cocoa and baking soda.
- Add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk.
- Then beat in water and oil until smooth.
- Pour into two greased and floured 9 inch heart shaped baking pans.
- You can also line the pans with parchment paper and grease and flour that as well.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until cake tester inserted near center of cakes comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in cream and extract.
- Place one cake on serving dish; spread with half of cream cheese mixture.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Top with 1 cup pie filling and second cake; spread with remaining cream cheese mixture.
- Make a heart shape indentation in center of cake (can use a knife to trace a heart shape); fill with remaining pie filling.
- Refrigerate until serving.
CHOCOLATE HEART LAYER CAKE WITH CHOCOLATE-CINNAMON MOUSSE
- For Cake:
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place 8x8x2-inch heart-shaped cake ring on sheet of foil. Wrap foil up sides of ring. Brush foil and inside of ring with 1 tablespoon butter; dust with flour. Place on baking sheet.
- Sift flour, cocoa, and salt into medium bowl. Combine eggs and sugar in large metal bowl. Set bowl over saucepan of simmering water (do not allow bottom of bowl to touch water). Whisk until sugar dissolves, about 2 minutes. Remove from over water. Using electric mixer, beat mixture until thick and billowy and heavy ribbon falls when beaters are lifted, about 5 minutes. Sift half of dry ingredients over; fold in gently. Repeat with remaining dry ingredients. Transfer 1/4 cup batter to small bowl; fold in 3 tablespoons butter. Gently fold butter mixture into batter; do not overmix or batter will deflate. Transfer batter to ring.
- Bake cake until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Transfer cake with foil to rack; cool completely. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and store at room temperature.)
- For Mousse Base:
- Bring whipping cream and cinnamon sticks just to simmer in heavy medium saucepan. Remove from heat; let steep 1 hour at room temperature. Cover and refrigerate cinnamon cream overnight.
- For Mousse, Cake Assembly, and Glaze:
- Blend jam and kirsch in small bowl. Cut around sides of cake; lift off ring. Using metal spatula, loosen cake from foil and transfer to rack. Using serrated knife, cut cake horizontally in half. Using tart pan bottom, transfer top cake layer to work surface; turn cut side up. Spread half of jam on cut side of both cake layers.
- Strain cinnamon cream into large bowl; beat until soft peaks form. Stir finely chopped chocolate in heavy small saucepan over low heat until smooth. Quickly fold warm chocolate into whipped cream (chocolate must be warm to blend smoothly). Immediately drop mousse by dollops over bottom cake layer; spread to within 3/4 inch of edge. Gently press second layer, jam side down, atop mousse. Smooth sides of cake with offset spatula. Chill assembled cake on rack while preparing glaze.
- Bring cream, 1/4 cup water, corn syrup, and tea to boil in small saucepan, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; steep 5 minutes. Strain into another small saucepan; return to boil.
- Remove from heat. Add coarsely chopped chocolate; whisk until smooth. Cool glaze until thickened, but still pourable, about 30 minutes. Place rack with cake over baking sheet. Slowly pour glaze over cake to cover, using spatula if necessary to spread evenly. Chill until glaze is firm, at least 2 hours and up to 1 day. Place cake on platter and serve.
HEART'S DELIGHT TORTE
Cherry pie filling dresses up homemade chocolate cake layers in this impressive dessert. "I found the recipe on a newspaper we used for packing material when we moved to our new home," recalls Nancy Heesch of Sioux Falls, South Dakota. "Our family enjoys it so much, it has become the traditional birthday cake at our house."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10-12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Stir in buttermilk and vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. , Pour into a greased and floured 9-in. heart-shaped or round baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely., Split cake in half; place one layer on a serving plate. Spread with one can of pie filling; top with second cake layer. Pipe whipped topping around edge; garnish with chocolate chips. , Spoon cherries from the second can of pie filling onto the top of the cake (refrigerate any remaining filling for another use).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 258 calories, Fat 8g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 18mg cholesterol, Sodium 182mg sodium, Carbohydrate 44g carbohydrate (31g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
CHERRY CREAM CHEESE CAKE
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Cream the cream cheese, butter or margarine, sugar, and vanilla together until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time. Sift together 2 1/4 cup flour, baking powder, and salt; fold into cream cheese mixture. Dredge cherries in 1/4 cup flour, and fold into batter.
- Sprinkle pecans over the bottom of an ungreased 10 inch angel food tube pan. Bottom should be completely covered. Add a few more pecans if necessary. Spoon batter into pan on top of nuts.
- Bake for about 75 minutes, or until an inserted wooden pick comes out clean. Allow cake to cool in pan. Run knife around outside edge and center tube. Ease cake out of pan, and onto plate.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 417.7 calories, Carbohydrate 47.3 g, Cholesterol 105.6 mg, Fat 23.4 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 5.8 g, SaturatedFat 12.6 g, Sodium 241.7 mg, Sugar 27.8 g
CHOCOLATE CHERRY LAYER CAKE
This luscious cake is really versatile for all-year fun. I've changed the design on top to a heart for Valentine's, a pumpkin for autumn and a tree for Christmas. -Flo Burtnett, Gage, Oklahoma
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line bottoms of 2 greased 9-in. round baking pans with parchment; grease paper., In a large bowl, combine cake mix, cinnamon, yogurt, eggs, milk and vanilla. Beat on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium 2 minutes. Transfer to prepared pans., Bake 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. , Place 1 cake layer on a serving platter. Spread 1-3/4 cups whipped topping in a circle 1-1/2 in. wide around outer top edge of cake. Fill in center with 1 cup cherry pie filling. Top with remaining cake layer., Remove and discard 1/3 cup thickened cherry sauce from pie filling. Using some of the cherries, outline a star shape on top of cake; fill in center with remaining pie filling. Spread or pipe 1-3/4 cups whipped topping around the star. If desired, pipe remaining whipped topping around bottom edge of cake. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 352 calories, Fat 8g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 49mg cholesterol, Sodium 372mg sodium, Carbohydrate 62g carbohydrate (43g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
More about "heart shaped chocolate cherries cream cake recipes"
HUNGRY COUPLE: HEART SHAPED CHOCOLATE CHERRY MINI CAKES
Servings 8Total Time 50 minsEstimated Reading Time 2 mins
39 HEART SHAPED FOOD RECIPES FOR VALENTINES DAY - …
HEART SHAPED CHOCOLATE CHERRIES CREAM CAKE RECIPE ...
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
CHERRY CHOCOLATE CREAM CAKE AND CLAFOUTIS RECIPE | BAKING ...
MINI HEART-SHAPED CHOCOLATE CAKE BITES - CURRYANDVANILLA
HEART BROWNIE CAKE - THE SEASIDE BAKER - BEST BAKED RECIPES!
MINI HEART-SHAPED CHOCOLATE CAKES WITH RASPBERRY WHIPPED CREAM
HEART SHAPED CHERRY & WHITE CHOCOLATE ... - WHAT JEW WANNA EAT
THE BEST HEART-SHAPED BAKES AND DESSERTS - BBC GOOD FOOD
CHOCOLATE HEART CAKE RECIPE & VIDEO - JOYOFBAKING.COM
CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH CHERRIES AND CHOCOLATE CREAM
CHOCOLATE HEART CAKE - RECIPE | TASTYCRAZE.COM
ASTRAY RECIPES: MARASCHINO CHERRY CAKE
CHOCOLATE CHERRY VALENTINE TORTE | GRITSANDPINECONES.COM
CHERRY CHOCOLATE HEART - VALENTINE'S DAY RECIPES
CHERRY CHOCOLATE CAKE - HEART OF BAKING
HEART-SHAPED CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY CAKES : RECIPES : COOKING ...
HOMEMADE HEART SHAPED CREAM PUFFS - MEL'S KITCHEN CAFE
HEART SHAPED RECIPES FOR YOUR VALENTINE - THE CREATIVE BITE
HEART SHAPED CHOCOLATE CAKE - THE LITTLE KITCHEN
HEART SHAPED WHITE CHOCOLATE CAKES WITH RASPBERRY CREAM
25 BEST VALENTINE'S DAY DESSERTS - BARBARA BAKES
CHERRY CAKE | SO CUTE | HOW TO MAKE CHERRY CAKE THE BEST ...
TREATS FROM THE HEART: HEART-SHAPED DESSERTS | MYRECIPES
DEVIL'S FOOD CAKE HEART WITH CHOCOLATE WHIPPED CREAM RECIPE
CHOCOLATE COVERED CHERRY CAKE RECIPE - A MOM'S TAKE
CHOCOLATE CHERRY LAYER CAKE RECIPE (BIRTHDAY CAKE DESIGN ...
HEART-SHAPED PINK VELVET BUNDT CAKE + COOKIES FOR KIDS ...
HEART-SHAPED CHEESECAKE – VALENTINE'S DAY CAKE - WHERE IS ...
HEART SHAPED COOKIE CAKE FOR VALENTINE'S DAY - THE SOCCER ...
HEART-SHAPED CAKE - AKIS PETRETZIKIS
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is a cherry cake made of?It’s a six layer cake (3 fluffy sponges, cut in half) with cherry cream, cream cheese filling (divided in layers – white and the other with cocoa) and of course some cherries in side. The outside of the cake is frosted with cream cheese, covered with chocolate ganache an decorated with fresh cherries, blueberries, nuts and more chocolate!
What is delicious chocolate cherry layer cake recipe?Delicious chocolate cherry layer cake recipe is the ultimate Birthday cake! It consists of three sponges and five layers of of cream cheese, chocolate, cherries and cherry sauce. You will learn how to make this recipe from scratch.
How to bake heart shaped chocolate cakes?Place baking pan on a cooling rack for 3 to 5 minutes. Place baking pan on a cooling rack for 3 to 5 minutes. Carefully flip the pan over and pick up the pan, the heart shaped chocolate cakes should come out easily. Serve the heart shaped chocolate cake warm with vanilla ice cream and sprinkles. Your family will LOVE these little cakes.
How do you make Cherry sponge cake with cherries?Soak the middle of the sponge with a cherry juice (from defrosted cherries). Add the cherry cream in the middle, spread it up to the edges of white layer. Put defrosted cherries around on the white layer and around on edges between white layer and cherry cream layer.