HERB-INFUSED LEMON-STRAWBERRY LOAF
Fresh herbs infuse this buttery lemon cake with floral flavor that beautifully complements swirls of sweet strawberry jam.
Provided by Samantha Seneviratne
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter an 8 1/2x4 1/2" loaf pan, then line with parchment paper, leaving a 2" overhang on 2 sides.
- Lightly crush herbs with your hands to help release oils, then transfer to a small saucepan. Add 3/4 cup butter and cook over medium heat, swirling pan often, until butter melts, about 5 minutes. Let cool to room temperature, 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir 3/4 cup milk, 1 Tbsp. lemon zest, and 1/4 cup lemon juice in a small bowl. Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed (or a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment), beat eggs and granulated sugar in a large bowl until light in color and doubled in size, 4-5 minutes. Discard herbs from butter, then beat butter into egg mixture until well combined. Add half of dry ingredients and beat just until combined. Beat in milk mixture, then add remaining dry ingredients and beat just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour half of batter into prepared pan; smooth top. Top with 3 Tbsp. jam and swirl through batter with a butter knife or chopstick. Pour remaining batter over; smooth top. Repeat swirling process with remaining 3 Tbsp. jam.
- Bake cake until a tester inserted into the center comes out with moist crumbs attached, 50-60 minutes.
- Transfer pan to a wire rack and let cool 20 minutes. Remove cake from pan using parchment overhang and let cool completely.
- Whisk powdered sugar and remaining 1 Tbsp. milk and 1 tsp. lemon zest in a small bowl until smooth. Spoon over top of cake and let drip down sides.
- Do Ahead: Cake can be baked 3 days ahead. Store in an airtight container at room temperature, or freeze up to 3 months.
BEST STRAWBERRY LEMONADE EVER
- Mix strawberries and 1/4 cup sugar together in a bowl; set aside for juices to release from strawberries, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Bring 1 cup water to a boil in a small saucepan; add 3/4 cup sugar. Cook and stir sugar mixture until sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat and cool simple syrup to room temperature.
- Stir simple syrup, 6 cups water, lemon juice, and ice together in a pitcher. Add sweetened strawberries and stir.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 150.7 calories, Carbohydrate 39.6 g, Fat 0.1 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 0.4 g, Sodium 9.1 mg, Sugar 36 g
STRAWBERRY LEMON LOAF
My dearest friend, Carol, was the inspiration behind this recipe. There was a recipe published in this month's issue of Light & Tasty. It gave me some ideas and this bread was the end result. It is perfect as the base for fresh strawberry shortcake. Hope you enjoy!
Provided by PaulaG
Categories Quick Breads
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a non-stick loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, Splenda, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In separate bowl, whisk the egg, egg whites, yogurt, oil, milk and lemon peel.
- Add to dry ingredients and mix until moistened.
- Fold in chopped strawberries.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted off center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
STRAWBERRY-LEMON LOAF CAKE
This cake is summer in a loaf pan. When baked, strawberries can become sour and a little gummy. Here, berries are macerated with sugar first to remove some of their liquid and concentrate their flavor. (Don't use frozen strawberries. Keep those for your smoothie!) The lemon icing adds a nice finish, to balance and bolster the cake's tart-sweetness. Have it as dessert or a snack, but it's especially good at breakfast with hot coffee or tea.
Provided by Millie Peartree
Categories cakes, quick breads, dessert
Yield One 9-inch loaf
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Make the cake: Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl, toss the strawberries with 1 tablespoon sugar to macerate while you prepare the cake batter.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, lemon zest, baking powder, salt and remaining 1 cup sugar. Whisk to combine. In a second large bowl, combine the sour cream, oil, eggs, lemon juice and vanilla extract. Whisk to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, and stir gently to mix. Lift the macerated berries out of their liquid and add them to the batter. Gently fold in the berries until evenly incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean, 60 to 70 minutes. If it looks to be browning on top too much, tent with aluminum foil. Cool it in the pan on a rack for about 10 minutes, then unmold the cake carefully and transfer to the rack to cool completely.
- Make the glaze: In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar with the lemon zest and juice and stir until smooth. Pour the glaze over the cooled cake. Let stand until set.
More about "herb infused lemon strawberry loaf recipes"
STRAWBERRY, LEMON & BASIL INFUSED WATER RECIPE • …
STRAWBERRY LEMON INFUSED WATER RECIPE | A DETOX …
STRAWBERRY LEMONADE QUICK BREAD - FRESH APRIL FLOURS
LEMON STRAWBERRY CRUMB BARS - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
LEMON STRAWBERRY LOAF RECIPE - PLANTED AND PICKED
THE BEST STRAWBERRY LOAF - 12 TOMATOES
STRAWBERRY LEMON POUND CAKE - HOUSE OF YUMM
STRAWBERRY LEMON BREAD - DISHING OUT HEALTH
10 BEST STRAWBERRY INFUSED WATER RECIPES - YUMMLY
LEMON AND STRAWBERRY LOAF 柠檬草莓面包 - ANNCOO JOURNAL
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
HERBAL STRAWBERRY LEMONADE - HONEST COOKING - RECIPES
STRAWBERRY LEMONADE LOAF - SUGAR DISH ME
STRAWBERRY LEMON INFUSED WATER - DISHING UP BALANCE
HOMEMADE STRAWBERRY LEMONADE - LAYLITA'S RECIPES
HERB-INFUSED LEMON-STRAWBERRY LOAF | VAL | COPY ME THAT
VEGAN STRAWBERRY LEMON LOAF CAKE - MAKE IT DAIRY FREE
STRAWBERRY LEMON LOAF — BAKING WITH THE GOOD HAIR
STRAWBERRY LEMON LOAF : TOP PICKED FROM OUR EXPERTS
GLUTEN FREE STRAWBERRY LEMON LOAF WITH STRAWBERRY GLAZE
STRAWBERRY LEMON BREAD (QUICK BREAD WITH FRESH …
HOW TO MAKE HERB-INFUSED LEMONADE - HELLO GLOW
STRAWBERRY INFUSED LEMONADE - THE WHOLE SERVING
HERB-INFUSED LEMON-STRAWBERRY LOAF | MOTHER'S DAY - BRUNCH
STRAWBERRY LEMON LOAF — MURIELLE BANACKISSA
HERB-INFUSED LEMON-STRAWBERRY LOAF | RECIPE IN 2022 | LEMON …
LEMON STRAWBERRY LOAF CAKE - CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE AND MORE!
LEMON TEA STRAWBERRY LOAF - OLD HARBOR TEA
HERB-INFUSED LEMON-STRAWBERRY LOAF | RECIPE | INFUSED BUTTER, …
HERB-INFUSED VINEGAR RECIPE: LEMON BALM - MOTHER EARTH LIVING
CANNABIS INFUSED LEMON LOAF - KITCHEN TOKE
LEMON OLIVE OIL & HERB LOAF -CRAZY & SUPERBLUE - CUP OF JOE …
GLUTEN-FREE LEMON STRAWBERRY BREAD - HEALTHYGFFAMILY.COM
STRAWBERRY LEMONADE INFUSED WATER (THIS IS SO TASTY!)
HERB-INFUSED LEMON-STRAWBERRY LOAF | RECIPE | STRAWBERRY, JUICING ...
GLAZED STRAWBERRY LEMON YOGURT LOAF - WHO NEEDS A CAPE?
STRAWBERRY LEMONADE WITH BASIL AND MINT - PANTSDOWNAPRONSON
HERB-INFUSED LEMON-STRAWBERRY LOAF | SUE H | COPY ME THAT
STRAWBERRY LEMON WATER - COOK CLEAN REPEAT
HOW TO USE INFUSED BUTTERS IN BAKING | EPICURIOUS
STRAWBERRY LEMON LOAF CAKE - BROWNED BUTTER BLONDIE
HERB-INFUSED LEMON-STRAWBERRY LOAF - MASTERCOOK
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the recipe for strawberry bread?Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. add flour mixture and buttermilk mixtures to batter, alternating the two until combined. Shake diced strawberries with 2 tablespoons flour in a plastic bag until well coated. Fold strawberries into batter. Spoon batter into a well greased and floured loaf baking pan.
What herbs go well with lemon cake?Fresh herbs such as bay leaves, rosemary, and/or thyme—all usually used to add depth to soups and stews—infuse this buttery cake with a floral flavor that beautifully complements lemon and strawberry. 10 large fresh bay leaves, 10 sprigs thyme, or 6 sprigs rosemary Preheat oven to 350°F.
Is strawberry lemon loaf cake keto friendly?This Strawberry Lemon Loaf Cake is an easy one-bowl quick bread recipe made with fresh lemon juice, lemon zest, juicy strawberries with a sweet and creamy glaze. The pound cake is soft, light fluffy and perfect for spring or summer! Gluten-free, dairy-free, refined-sugar free, paleo-friendly with low carb and keto options.
How do you know when lemon strawberry loaf cake is done?This lemon strawberry loaf cake is supposed to have a moist and tender texture, so be sure to adjust the bake time accordingly if your oven tends to run hot or cold. The bread is done when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean or with a few loose crumbs.