HERB OMELETTE WITH FRIED TOMATOES
Make a perfect, protein-rich brunch or breakfast for two people. This healthy omelette can be on the table in just 10 minutes, served with juicy tomatoes
Provided by Sara Buenfeld
Categories Breakfast, Brunch
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Heat the oil in a small non-stick frying pan, then cook the tomatoes cut-side down until starting to soften and colour. Meanwhile, beat the eggs with the herbs and plenty of freshly ground black pepper in a small bowl.
- Scoop the tomatoes from the pan and put them on two serving plates. Pour the egg mixture into the pan and stir gently with a wooden spoon so the egg that sets on the base of the pan moves to enable uncooked egg to flow into the space. Stop stirring when it's nearly cooked to allow it to set into an omelette. Cut into four and serve with the tomatoes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 204 calories, Fat 13 grams fat, SaturatedFat 3 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 4 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 4 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 17 grams protein, Sodium 0.5 milligram of sodium
FINES HERBS OMELETTE
Provided by Ina Garten
Yield 1 serving
Number Of Ingredients 11
- To make the Fines Herbs, combine the parsley, chervil, chives and tarragon in a small bowl and set aside.
- Break the eggs into a small bowl, and then add the milk, 2 tablespoons Fines Herbs, salt and pepper and whisk with a fork.
- Preheat an 8-inch nonstick saute pan over medium hot heat and swirl the olive oil into the pan. Pour in the egg mixture and swirl it in the pan. For a few seconds, gently stir the egg mixture with a heat resistant rubber spatula (as if you were going to make scrambled eggs) and then swirl the eggs in the pan to make a nice round appearance. Reduce the heat to avoid any color or scorching. Continue cooking for about 1 minute. The eggs will be set on the bottom, but slightly liquid on top.
- Flip the omelet, and remove it from the heat. Crumble the goat cheese over the center of the omelet and top it off with the roasted peppers. Tri-fold the omelet and plate immediately.
RED, JUICY, HERB-FRIED TOMATOES
- In a small bowl, mix together basil, thyme, salt, and white pepper. Mix in 5 teaspoons olive oil to make a spreadable paste. Spread paste on cut side of each tomato half.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in small skillet over medium-low heat. Place tomatoes herb-side down in skillet, and cover. Simmer for 5 minutes; tomatoes should be hot but not stewed. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 258.7 calories, Carbohydrate 7.1 g, Fat 25.9 g, Fiber 3.6 g, Protein 1.7 g, SaturatedFat 3.6 g, Sodium 588.6 mg, Sugar 1.7 g
FRESH HERBS OMELET
This is called a "fines herbes" omelet in France, and usually contains finely minced parsley and chives, sometimes tarragon or chervil as well. The herbs should be sweet ones rather than bitter or sharp; basil, mint, and dill would also work. This is a classic French rolled omelet, served hot, right out of the pan, an utterly satisfying quick meal. The classic French omelet is made with butter, but in the Mediterranean a healthier version is made with olive oil. Use a nonstick pan for this.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Yield 2 rolled omelets, serving 2
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Break 2 eggs into a bowl and beat with a fork or a whisk until frothy. Add salt and freshly ground pepper to taste (about 1/8 teaspoon salt), and 2 teaspoons milk. Whisk half the herbs into the eggs and mix well.
- Heat an 8-inch nonstick omelet pan over medium-high heat. Add 2 teaspoons of the olive oil. When the oil feels hot when you hold your hand above it, pour in the eggs, scraping every last bit into the pan. Swirl the pan to distribute the eggs evenly over the surface. Shake the pan gently, tilting it slightly with one hand while lifting up the edges of the omelet with the spatula in your other hand, to let the eggs run underneath during the first few minutes of cooking. As soon as the eggs are set on the bottom, jerk the pan quickly away from you then back towards you so that the omelet folds over on itself. Tilt the pan and roll out onto a plate. Repeat with the remaining eggs and herbs, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 251, UnsaturatedFat 14 grams, Carbohydrate 2 grams, Fat 20 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 15 grams, SaturatedFat 5 grams, Sodium 326 milligrams, Sugar 1 gram, TransFat 0 grams
OMELETTE WITH HERBS
A great way to use garden herbs. This is adaptable to whatever herbs you have in your garden. When I made it mostly chives and tarragon because that is what I had the most of, but I think this will be good with oregano or other fresh herbs too. The original recipe didn't use any cheese, but I added two slices of deli Swiss cheese (about 1/4 cup). Recipe source: Bon Appetit (Bon Appetit 1991)
Provided by ellie_
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a medium bowl whisk eggs and water together and then season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in herbs (parsley - thyme or your favorites).
- *Note: In the original directions, an omlet pan was used using only half of the egg mixture and half of the butter at a time -- making two complete omlets seperately, rather than the way I indicated in the direction below.
- In a skillet, melt the butter over medium high heat and add the egg mixture to pan.
- If using cheese, add cheese on top of eggs.
- Let eggs set around edges and then lift edges and tilt pan, so uncooked eggs will go under the cooked eggs.
- Cook until eggs are almost set (1 -2 minutes) and then using a spatula, roll 1/3 of omlet to center.
- Tilt pan and slide omlet onto plate.
- Garnish with chives, if desired.
CHERRY TOMATO AND HERB OMELETTE
- Combine all the ingredients, except the sour cream.
- Heat a small nonstick skillet(or omelette pan) and pour in olive oil. Swirl pan to coat with the oil.
- Heat the broiler.
- Pour half the egg mixture into the skillet and cook until set underneath, about 1-2 minutes. Lift sides of omelette with a spatula to check doneness.
- Place the pan under the broiler and cook until omelette is golden on top, about 2 minutes (watch carefully!).
- Fold omelette in half and remove to serving plate.
- Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Top each with sour cream. Garnish with parsley. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 356.1, Fat 30.4, SaturatedFat 12.5, Cholesterol 469, Sodium 205.5, Carbohydrate 6.8, Fiber 1.4, Sugar 3.5, Protein 14.6
More about "herb omelette with fried tomatoes recipes"
OMELETTE WITH TOMATO RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
FRENCH OMELETTE WITH FINES HERBES RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
BEST TOMATO-HERB OPEN FACED OMELET WITH FETA CHEESE RECIPE
HERB OMELETTE WITH FRIED TOMATOES | RECIPE | WHITE SAUCE RECIPES, …
HERB OMELETTE WITH HARISSA-ROASTED TOMATOES RECIPE | WAITROSE …
HERBY POTATO FRITTATA RECIPE (BAKED OMELET) - THE MEDITERRANEAN …
HERB OMELETTE WITH FRIED TOMATOES RECIPE | NEW IDEA FOOD
HERB OMELETTE WITH FRIED TOMATOES - DIETPLUSMINUS.COM
HERB OMELETTE WITH TOMATOES RECIPE | GOOD FOOD
HOW TO MAKE OMELETTE WITH TOMATO AND HERBS- RECIPE …
HERB OMELETTE WITH FRIED TOMATOES - VELLY COOKINGS
HOW TO MAKE HERB OMELETTE WITH FRIED TOMATOES
FRIED TOMATOES RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
HERB OMELETTE WITH FRIED TOMATOES | RECIPE | OMELETTE RECIPE …
HERB OMELETTE WITH TOMATOES RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
HERB OMELETTE WITH DRIED TOMATOES, ROCKET AND PARMESAN RECIPE
HEMP OMELETTE WITH FRIED TOMATOES - BODY AND MIND BOTANICALS
OMELETTE WITH TOMATOES RECIPE TOP 3*** | THOMAS SIXT FOODBLOG
HERB OMELETTE WITH FRIED TOMATOES - MOTHER'S RECIPE
HERB OMELETTE WITH FRIED TOMATOES
HERB OMELETTE WITH FRIED TOMATOES RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
HERB OMELETTE RECIPE ARCHIVES - MYMEDICALMEALPLAN.COM
HERB OMELETTE WITH FRIED TOMATOES RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
TOMATO OMELETTE WITH FRESH HERBS - BOSSKITCHEN.COM
HERB OMELETTE WITH FRIED TOMATOES – COOKER APP
TOMATOES CAN RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
OMELETTE RECIPE IDEAS | NEW IDEA FOOD
HERB OMELETTE WITH FRIED TOMATOES | RECIPE | RECIPES, HEALTHY …
HERB OMELETTE WITH FRIED TOMATOES - DRILHANSANISOGLU.COM
GARLIC & HERB OMELETTE WITH ROASTED TOMATOES - WAITROSE.COM
HERB OMELETTE WITH FRIED TOMATOES - MYMEDICALMEALPLAN.COM
HERB OMELETTE WITH FRESH TOMATO SAUCE - NZ HERALD
HERB OMELETTE WITH TOMATOES, ROCKET AND FETA CHEESE RECIPE
FRESH HERB OMELETTE WITH TOMATO SLICES AND CREAM CHEESE SPREAD
TOMATO EGG OMELETTE RECIPE - DELISHABLY
HERB AND GOAT CHEESE OMELET RECIPE - EASY RECIPES
GORDON RAMSAY'S HERB OMELETTE | BRITISH RECIPES | GOODTO
You'll also love