EMILY'S HERB ROASTED CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a 13x9x2-inch pan with Reynolds Wrap® Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil.
- Place chicken pieces in pan. Brush with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Combine basil, rosemary and garlic salt in medium bowl; sprinkle 1/2 of the herb mixture over the chicken.
- Add remaining olive oil, potatoes, carrots and onion to bowl with the herb mixture; stir to coat. Arrange vegetables in an even layer around chicken.
- Cover dish with sheet of foil; fold back one corner of cover for heat circulation.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until vegetables are done and meat thermometer reads 170 degrees F for white meat and 180 degrees F for dark meat. Carefully remove cover.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 511.3 calories, Carbohydrate 42.4 g, Cholesterol 96.2 mg, Fat 24.1 g, Fiber 5.9 g, Protein 31.6 g, SaturatedFat 5.8 g, Sodium 587.8 mg, Sugar 6 g
HERB ROAST CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES
- Heat oven to 375°F. Mix oil, thyme, marjoram, salt and pepper. Grate 1 teaspoon peel from lemon; add peel to oil mixture. Cut lemon into fourths; place in cavity of chicken.
- Fold wings of chicken across back with tips touching. Tie or skewer drumsticks to tail. Place chicken, breast side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan. Brush oil mixture on chicken. Insert meat thermometer in chicken so tip is in thickest part of inside thigh muscle and does not touch bone.
- Roast uncovered 45 minutes. Arrange potatoes, carrots and green beans around chicken; brush chicken and vegetables with oil mixture. Roast uncovered 30 to 45 minutes or until thermometer reads 180°F and juice of chicken is no longer pink when center of thigh is cut. Let stand about 15 minutes for easiest carving. Remove lemon and discard.
- Place chicken on platter; arrange vegetables around chicken. Serve with pan drippings.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 475, Carbohydrate 28 g, Cholesterol 115 mg, Fiber 4 g, Protein 38 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 320 mg
LEMON AND HERB ROAST CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES
Enjoy a healthy version of Sunday roast chicken dinner in only 40 minutes. And save big by carving up three roasted chicken breasts for four people (it's plenty). If you buy a four-pack, roast the fourth breast and set aside to add to a green salad or soup later in the week.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Adjust the oven rack to the top position and preheat to 450 degrees F. Toss together the potatoes, carrots, celery, onions, 1 teaspoon of the olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper on a rimmed baking sheet and arrange in a single layer. Roast until the vegetables brown slightly and the potatoes just begin to soften, about 20 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- Meanwhile, rub the chicken breast skin with the remaining 1 teaspoon oil and sprinkle with the poultry seasoning and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Once the vegetables begin to soften, put the chicken breasts on top and roast until the skin is golden brown and the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove the chicken breasts and let them rest for a few minutes. Toss the roasted vegetables with juice from 1 of the lemon halves and the parsley. Cut the bones from the chicken breasts and slice the meat. Divide the chicken and roasted vegetables among 4 plates. Cut the remaining lemon half into wedges and serve alongside.
HERB-ROASTED CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES
Stuffing the roast chicken with fresh herbs infuses it with flavor; the high oven temperature yields crisp skin and juicy meat. Throw carrots and other vegetables in and it becomes a one-pot dinner!
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Season chicken inside and out with salt and pepper and place in a roasting pan. Stuff thyme and parsley in cavity. In a large bowl, toss leeks, carrots, and potatoes with oil; season with salt and pepper. Scatter vegetables around chicken, arranging potatoes at edges of pan; pour wine into pan. Roast until chicken is golden brown and juices run clear when pierced between breast and leg (an instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest part of a thigh, avoiding bone, should read 165 degrees), about 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 647 g, Fat 13 g, Fiber 5 g, Protein 88 g
PAN-ROASTED CHICKEN WITH VEGETABLES AND HERBS
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Stir the flour, black pepper and paprika on a plate. Coat the chicken with the flour mixture.
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes or until well browned on all sides. Remove the chicken from the skillet. Pour off any fat.
- Add the onions and potatoes to the skillet and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the carrots, stock, lemon juice and oregano and heat to a boil. Return the chicken to the skillet. Cover the skillet.
- Roast for 25 minutes. Uncover the skillet.
- Roast, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with the thyme, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 800.9 calories, Carbohydrate 34.1 g, Cholesterol 217.9 mg, Fat 38.7 g, Fiber 5.2 g, Protein 76.2 g, SaturatedFat 10.1 g, Sodium 453.1 mg, Sugar 6.1 g
PAN-ROASTED CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES
This one-dish roast chicken with vegetables tastes as if it took hours of hands-on time to put together, but the simple ingredients can be prepped in mere minutes. The rosemary gives it a rich flavor, and the meat juices cook the veggies to perfection. It's unbelievably easy! -Sherri Melotik, Oak Creek, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, combine potatoes, onion, oil, garlic, 3/4 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon rosemary and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; toss to coat. Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray., In a small bowl, mix paprika and the remaining salt, rosemary and pepper. Sprinkle chicken with paprika mixture; arrange over vegetables. Roast until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°-175° and vegetables are just tender, 35-40 minutes., Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm. Top vegetables with spinach. Roast until vegetables are tender and spinach is wilted, 8-10 minutes longer. Stir vegetables to combine; serve with chicken.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 357 calories, Fat 14g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 87mg cholesterol, Sodium 597mg sodium, Carbohydrate 28g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
HERB-ROASTED CHICKEN WITH VEGETABLES
This is a recipe I'm posting in response to a request and one I found in my Betty Crocker cookbook...It really is a comfort food main dish! Thank you, Betty!
Provided by SilentCricket
Categories Whole Chicken
Yield 1 roasted chicken with vegetables, 7 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Rub cavity of chicken with salt, if desired.
- Place chicken breast side up in shallow roasting pan.
- Mix margarine and herbs.
- Brush half the margarine mixture on chicken.
- Bake uncovered in 375 degree oven, brushing chicken with margarine mixture several times during roasting.
- Roast 2-2 1/2 hours, or until thickest part of chicken is done and drumstick meat feels very soft when pressed between fingers.
- (Meat thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh without touching bone will give best indicator of doneness...) Cover chicken loosely with foil if browning too quickly.
- Place chicken on warm platter; arrange vegetables around chicken.
- Spoon some of the vegetable liquid onto vegetables; sprinkle with parsley:.
- Vegetables: If using med potatoes, cut into halves.
- Place all ingredients except zucchini and 1/2 tsp.
- seasoned salt in ungreased 2-qt casserole.
- Cover and cook in 375 oven 45 minutes.
- Add zucchini and 1/2 tsp seasoned salt; cook until vegetables are done, 10-15 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 633.2, Fat 35.8, SaturatedFat 9.6, Cholesterol 122.2, Sodium 311.1, Carbohydrate 43.3, Fiber 6.6, Sugar 6.6, Protein 34.7
HERB-ROASTED CHICKEN WITH ROOT VEGETABLES
- Pat the chickens dry inside and out. Generously season the skin and cavity of each with salt and pepper. Refrigerate, uncovered, at least 4 hours and up to overnight to dry out the skin.
- Let the chickens stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before roasting. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mash the butter with the chopped thyme and rosemary in a small bowl. Gently slide your fingers under the skin on the breasts and legs of each chicken to loosen . Scoop some of the herbed butter with a spoon, slide the spoon under the skin on one chicken and hold the skin in place while you remove the spoon. Smooth the skin to distribute the butter; repeat with more butter if needed. Repeat with the second chicken and remaining herbed butter.
- Squeeze the juice of a lemon half into the cavity of each chicken, then stuff the lemon half inside. Stuff 3 cloves garlic, 1/2 onion, 1 thyme sprig and 1/2 rosemary sprig into each chicken cavity. Tie the legs together with twine. Put the chickens on a baking sheet next to each other.
- Toss the parsnip, potato, squash, olive oil and a large pinch of salt in a bowl, then add the vegetables to the baking sheet, scattering them around the chickens. Roast until the chickens are golden brown and a instant-read thermometer registers 165 degrees F, about 1 hour. Transfer the chicken and vegetables to platters and let rest about 10 minutes before carving.
HERB ROASTED CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES
Dinner's on the table in an hour! I love these convenient meals that are so easy, but make it look like you've been slaving all day. This recipe is from the back of the soup can.
Provided by Molly53
Categories Chicken Breast
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Stir soup, water, half the oregano, potatoes and carrots together in a shallow roasting pan.
- Put chicken over vegetables; sprinkle with remaining oregano and the paprika.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Stir vegetables before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 499.1, Fat 18, SaturatedFat 4.9, Cholesterol 92.8, Sodium 623.5, Carbohydrate 47.7, Fiber 6, Sugar 5.8, Protein 36.2
More about "herb roasted chicken and vegetables recipes"
HERB ROASTED CHICKEN WITH VEGETABLES — EATWELL101
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
SIMPLE HERB ROASTED CHICKEN WITH MIXED VEGETABLES
ROASTED CHICKEN AND VEGGIES WITH GARLIC HERB VINAIGRETTE
5 DUMP-AND-BAKE FREEZER MEALS! - THE SEASONED MOM
EASY HERB-ROASTED CHICKEN & VEGETABLES | HEALTHY …
HERB-ROASTED CHICKEN | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
HERB-ROASTED CHICKEN WITH VEGETABLES | SHAPE
HERB ROASTED CHICKEN THIGHS WITH VEGETABLES - EAT WELL …
PERFECT GARLIC ROASTED CHICKEN WITH VEGETABLES | THE …
MY FAVORITE HERB ROASTED CHICKEN - SIMPLY SO GOOD
HERB ROASTED CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES - CAMPBELL'S …
RECIPE HERB ROASTED CHICKEN & VEGETABLES
HERB-ROASTED CHICKEN | RICARDO
HERB ROASTED CHICKEN &; VEGETABLES RECIPES AND FOOD TIPS
HERB ROASTED CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES RECIPE - RECIPETIPS.COM
HERB ROASTED CHICKEN & VEGGIES (PALEO, KETO & WHOLE30)
ROASTED CHICKEN WITH VEGETABLES RECIPES - THESUPERHEALTHYFOOD
GARLIC & HERB ROAST CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES - LAKE SHORE LADY
HERB ROASTED CHICKEN & VEGETABLES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
GARLIC AND HERB ROAST CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
ROAST CHICKEN WITH VEGETABLES AND HERBS | HOMEMADE FOOD JUNKIE
HERB ROAST CHICKEN AND STOVETOP ROOT VEGETABLES
HERB ROASTED CHICKEN WITH ROOT VEGETABLES RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
ONE PAN HERB ROASTED CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES – MESS IN THE …
HERB CHICKEN WITH SPRING VEGETABLES (SHEET PAN MEAL)
HERB ROASTED CHICKEN WITH VEGETABLES - HAPPYANDHARRIED.COM
ALL RECIPES - HERB ROASTED CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES
HERB ROASTED CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES - LAWRY'S
SHEET PAN ROASTED GARLIC & HERB CHICKEN AND VEGGIES
GARLIC & HERB ROASTED CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES
HERB-ROASTED CHICKEN WITH ROOT VEGETABLES | RECIPE | KITCHEN STORIES
GARLIC AND HERB ROAST WHOLE CHICKEN WITH VEGETABLES
GARLIC & HERB ROASTED CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES | MCCORMICK
HERB-ROASTED CHICKEN WITH VEGETABLES RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
BEST EASY HERB ROASTED CHICKEN WITH ROASTED ROOT …
HERB-ROASTED WHOLE CHICKEN WITH ROOT VEGETABLES
HERB ROASTED CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES | REYNOLDS BRANDS
You'll also love