This will make enough for one recipe of pumpkin pie. But you could increase amounts to keep a mix on hand. These spices added to a pumpkin pie make the dish as far as I am concerned.
Provided by Jacquie
Categories 100+ Everyday Cooking Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 4
- In a small bowl, mix together cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 6 calories, Carbohydrate 1.4 g, Fat 0.2 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 0.1 g, SaturatedFat 0.1 g, Sodium 0.6 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
HOLIDAY PUMPKIN PIE
With a flaky, from-scratch crust, creamy filling and crunchy sugar topping, this will likely be the best pumpkin pie you've ever tasted! One pie may not be enough to please your family.-Kim Adams Johnson, Lincoln, Nebraska
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 19
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt. Cut in butter and shortening until crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Wrap in plastic. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle., Roll out pastry to fit a metal 9-in. pie pan. Transfer pastry to pie pan. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. Line pastry with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack., In a large saucepan, heat the cream, milk, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, ginger and cloves until bubbles form around sides of pan. In a small bowl, whisk egg yolks and sugar. Remove cream mixture from the heat; stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolk mixture. Return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Stir in pumpkin and vanilla. Pour into pie shell., Bake at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack., If using a creme brulee torch, sprinkle with turbinado sugar. Heat sugar with the torch until caramelized. If broiling the pie, place pie on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with turbinado sugar. Broil 8 in. from the heat for 4-7 minutes or until sugar is caramelized. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 439 calories, Fat 29g fat (17g saturated fat), Cholesterol 185mg cholesterol, Sodium 254mg sodium, Carbohydrate 40g carbohydrate (21g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
HOLIDAY PUMPKIN PIE SPICE
- NOTE: USE ONLY CEYLON OR SAIGON CINNAMON. SNIP VANILLA BEANS INTO SMALL PIECES BEFORE GRINDING, THEN GRIND AS FINELY AS POSSIBLE IN A CLEAN SPICE MILL OR COFFEE GRINDER, PAUSING TO SCRAPE GRINDER BIN. (STEP 1): PRE-GRIND all ingredients (except orange zest), separately in a clean spice mill or coffee grinder before using.
- MEASURE level units of all spices into spice mill.
- PROCESS mixture until finely ground and aromatic.
- FUNNEL mixture into an airtight container and keep in a cool, dry place.
- USE measure-for-measure in your favorite pumpkin pie spice recipes and enjoy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 2.5, Fat 0.1, Sodium 0.3, Carbohydrate 0.6, Fiber 0.3, Protein 0.1
- Mix spices together. Store in an airtight container out of direct sunlight at room temperature for up to 6 months.
PUMPKIN PIE SPICE
- Sift ingredients together 5 times.
- Store in an air tight jar.
- Keeps for 6 months.
More about "holiday pumpkin pie spice recipes"
10 PUMPKIN PIE SPICE RECIPES TO CELEBRATE THE FALL …
- Spiced Pumpkin and Pecan Congee. We love Pumpkin Pie Spice Oatmeal, and this easy-to-make congee puts a new spin on pumpkin spice breakfast porridge. Made from jasmine rice, this congee is rich-tasting and satisfying.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice Hot Chocolate. It’s official: pumpkin pie spice and chocolate make for the most comforting treat. And if you’re looking to warm up on a chilly fall day, this hot chocolate recipe is perfect.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice Spread. If you’re looking for an easy way to incorporate pumpkin spice flavor into your favorite meals, a multi-tasker like this pumpkin pie spice spread is a must-try.
- Pumpkin and Apple Soup. Autumn is peak soup season, and this sweet and savory pumpkin apple soup should top your recipe list. A blend of pumpkin pie spice and ground ginger make this soup warming and comforting.
- Twice Baked Pumpkin Pie Sweet Potatoes. If sweet potato casserole is your favorite food at Thanksgiving, you’ve got to give these baked sweet potatoes a try.
- Caribbean Chicken with Mango Coconut Sauce. While you probably think of pumpkin pie spice as a seasoning for sweet dishes, it works just as well with savory fare, too.
- Fettuccine Pumpkin Alfredo. Hello, fall comfort food! This ultra-creamy alfredo sauce gets a hint of sweet and savory flavor from both pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice, putting an autumnal twist on a classic.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice Bourbon Cocktail. Surprise! Pumpkin pie spice is just as welcome at happy hour as it is breakfast, lunch and dinner. And this easy bourbon cocktail is a great jumping-off point into the world of pumpkin spice cocktails.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice White Russian. Alternatively, this creamy pumpkin cocktail is ideal for nights you just want to curl up with a good book. Just a few drops of pumpkin pie spice extract transform a classic White Russian into an autumnal treat.
- Grilled Bananas Foster. Of course, not every pumpkin pie spice recipe has to feature pumpkin, and this grilled bananas foster makes for a delicious dessert.
THIS PUMPKIN PIE SPICE RECIPE IS JUST 5 INGREDIENTS (AND ...
HOMEMADE PUMPKIN PIE SPICE - HOME. MADE. INTEREST.
HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN PIE SPICE, THE ONLY SUBSTITUTE YOU ...
PUMPKIN PIE WITH BRANDY RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
BEST PUMPKIN PIE RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
NEED A HOLIDAY DESSERT? TRY THIS EASY PUMPKIN PIE RECIPE ...
PUMPKIN PIE SPICE RECIPE - BAKING MISCHIEF
BULK BARN - PUMPKIN PIE SPICE
RECIPES USING PUMPKIN PIE SPICE
HOLIDAY PUMPKIN PIE — SPICE OF LIFE · PASO ROBLES
THE BEST LIBBY’S PUMPKIN PIE RECIPE - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
DIY PUMPKIN PIE SPICE RECIPE - FOODOLOGY GEEK
HOMEMADE PUMPKIN PIE SPICE RECIPE - MOM ON TIMEOUT
PUMPKIN DUMP CAKE WITH SPICE CAKE MIX - THE FRESH COOKY
HOMEMADE PUMPKIN PIE SPICE RECIPE - SIMPLY PLANT BASED KITCHEN
HOLIDAY PUMPKIN PIE | NOURISHING MEALS®
PUMPKIN-SHAPED PUMPKIN PIE SPICE RICE CRISPY TREATS - EASY ...
EASY PUMPKIN PIE SPICE SEASONING RECIPE FOR HOLIDAY BAKING ...
HOLIDAY PUMPKIN PIE SPICE RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE ...
PUMPKIN PIE SPICE RECIPE - TGIF - THIS GRANDMA IS FUN
PUMPKIN PIE SPICE - NATURAL DEETS
HOMEMADE PUMPKIN PIE SPICE RECIPE
PUMPKIN PIE SPICE BLEND RECIPE | HOMEMADE SEASONINGS
HOMEMADE PUMPKIN PIE SPICE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
HOMEMADE PUMPKIN PIE SPICE RECIPE - ERIN LIVES WHOLE
HOMEMADE PUMPKIN PIE SPICE - JOY THE BAKER
EASY HOMEMADE PUMPKIN PIE SPICE (WITH RECIPES ...
PUMPKIN PIE SPICE - JO COOKS
31 BEST PUMPKIN PIE RECIPES FOR TRADITIONALISTS AND RULE ...
HOMEMADE PUMPKIN PIE SPICE RECIPE | PRACTICALLY HOMEMADE
HOMEMADE PUMPKIN PIE SPICE - SOMETHING SWEET SOMETHING …
HOMEMADE PUMPKIN PIE SPICE RECIPE [READY IN 5 MINUTES]
HOMEMADE PUMPKIN PIE SPICE - GEMMA’S BIGGER BOLDER BAKING
HOMEMADE PUMPKIN PIE SPICE! PERFECT FOR FALL BAKING RECIPES!
ESSENTIAL PUMPKIN PIE SPICE - INSPIREDTASTE.NET
PUMPKIN SPICE WHOOPIE PIES RECIPE - FLOUR ON MY FACE
HOMEMADE PUMPKIN PIE SPICE RECIPE | GIRL HEART FOOD®
HOMEMADE PUMPKIN PIE RECIPE (NO FAIL RECIPE) - SPEND WITH ...
HOLIDAY PUMPKIN PIE SPICE RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
SPICE UP THE HOLIDAYS WITH THESE PUMPKIN RECIPES FROM TAKE TWO
HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN PIE SPICE - BETTYCROCKER.COM
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #occasion #for-large-groups #condiments-etc #easy #holiday-event #herb-and-spice-mixes #dietary #comfort-food #cooking-mixes #taste-mood #savory #number-of-servings #from-scratch
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What can I do with pumpkin pie spice?This tasty spice blend is delicious in all sorts of baked goods such as breads, cakes, pies, muffins, cookies – you get the idea! I have about a million recipes that use pumpkin pie spice on my site but let me just share a few of my favorite recipe here:
How much allspice for pumpkin pie?Perfect pumpkin pie spice - The only additional I made was 1/4 teaspoon of allspice to complete the palette. Additionally, you can toast the spice until it just starts to smoke a bit (not BURN it), as it will bring out the rich flavors of the individual spices.
What are the ingredients in pumpkin pie spice?What Is In Pumpkin Pie Spice. Pumpkin pie spice is a blend of 5 spices: Cinnamon. Ginger. Nutmeg. Cloves. Allspice.
How many calories are in pumpkin pie spice?In a small bowl, mix together cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves. Store in an airtight container. 6 calories; protein 0.1g; carbohydrates 1.4g; fat 0.2g; sodium 0.6mg. Full Nutrition Can't be easier than this! I needed some pumpkin pie spice for a Pumpkin Cranberry bread (also from this site) and voila!