HOMEMADE ALMOND MILK
- Place almonds in a blender. Bring 1 cup water to a boil; pour over almonds. Let stand 30 minutes. Add remaining 3 cups water and vanilla; blend until frothy. Pour through a fine sieve into a bowl and discard solids. Almond milk can be stored in refrigerator up to 5 days. Shake before serving.
VANILLA ALMOND MILK
Delicious homemade almond milk flavored with a whole vanilla bean and sweetened with dates. So easy, even an absolute beginner like me can make it. Almond milk will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Provided by foodelicious
Categories 100+ Everyday Cooking Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Place almonds and vanilla bean in a bowl; add enough water to cover completely. Place dates in a separate bowl and add enough water to cover completely. Soak almonds and dates at room temperature, 8 hours to overnight.
- Drain and discard soaking water from almonds and rinse almonds thoroughly. Drain water from dates and keep water to add to the almond milk, if desired.
- Combine soaked almonds, vanilla bean, dates, and sea salt in a blender; pour in 3 cups water. Blend on high for 1 minute. Let sit to allow foam to subside, about 1 minute. Add remaining 1 cup water and some of the date water for extra sweetness; blend until almond milk is smooth, about 1 minute.
- Place a nut milk bag in a quart-size measuring cup or large bowl. Pour almond milk into the bag and lift to drain. Gently squeeze the bag to extract as much milk as possible. Store almond milk in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 230.7 calories, Carbohydrate 13.6 g, Fat 18 g, Fiber 4.5 g, Protein 7.6 g, SaturatedFat 1.4 g, Sodium 87.5 mg, Sugar 7.8 g
Make your own almond milk to use as a substitute for dairy milk. It's simple to make and tastes great in porridge, smoothies and hot drinks
Provided by Good Food team
Yield Makes approximately 800ml
Number Of Ingredients 1
- Put the almonds in a large bowl and cover with water, then cover the bowl and leave to soak overnight or for at least 4 hrs.
- The next day, drain and rinse the almonds, then tip into a blender with 750ml cold water. Whizz until smooth. Pour the mixture into a muslin-lined sieve over a jug and allow it to drip through. Stir the mixture gently with a spoon to speed up the process.
- When most of the liquid has gone through into the jug, gather the sides of the muslin together and squeeze tightly with both hands to extract the last of the milk.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 32 calories, Fat 3 grams fat, SaturatedFat 0.2 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 0.3 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 0.2 grams sugar, Protein 1 grams protein
It's easy to learn to make almond milk at home with just a few ingredients and minimal effort. Enjoy a glass of it chilled, or use it as a nondairy milk to add to your coffee, cereal and more.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield About 2 cups
Number Of Ingredients 2
- Place the almonds in a medium bowl and cover with 2 cups cold water. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until softened and plump, at least 8 hours but preferably overnight.
- Drain the almonds through a fine-mesh sieve, then rinse well. Reserve the sieve for later. Transfer the almonds to a blender and add 2 cups fresh cold water. Blend on high until very smooth, about 2 minutes. It's okay if the mixture looks slightly grainy.
- Line the reserved sieve with a clean kitchen towel or cheesecloth and place over a medium bowl. Working in batches, pour the blended almond mixture through the cloth in the sieve, separating the almond milk from any grainy bits. Gather the edges of the towel together and use your hands to squeeze out any remaining milk.
- Whisk in 1 teaspoon vanilla and/or 1 to 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup if using to flavor and sweeten the almond milk. Serve immediately or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
HOMEMADE ALMOND MILK
Almond milk is a delicious and healthier alternative to soy and cow milk. It's easy to make and very delicious. The longer you soak the almonds, the creamier the milk turns out.
Provided by Steph S.
Categories Everyday Cooking
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Place almonds in a bowl and pour in enough water to cover; soak at least 12 hours. Drain water.
- Blend almonds and 3 cups water in a blender on low speed for 10 seconds. Turn blender off for 5 seconds. Blend almonds and water on high speed for 60 seconds. Pour mixture through cheesecloth or a nut bag into a bowl. Discard the pulp or save for another use.
- Clean the blender and return milk to blender; add agave nectar and salt. Blend milk until smooth.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 440.4 calories, Carbohydrate 22 g, Fat 36 g, Fiber 8.9 g, Protein 15.1 g, SaturatedFat 2.8 g, Sodium 177.2 mg, Sugar 10.9 g
QUICK & EASY HOMEMADE ALMOND MILK
Raw almonds plus water... that's it folks- absolutely no fuss. Best with organic almonds and filtered water, but in a pinch or regular raw almonds and tap water will do. This nut milk is fresh and creamy, and reminds me of ice cold skim milk but with a beautiful almond flavor. To perk it up and make it a real treat, try adding a tablespoon of dark maple syrup and a splash of almond extract to a cold or warm glass of the stuff. Also great in tea and cocoa.
Provided by Annie Made
Yield 32 ounces, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 2
- In a small saucepan, blanche almonds for about 3 minutes. Drain and let cool on a wire rack or on a tea towel.
- When cool enough to handle pop the skins off the nuts, and throw them in the compost.
- Pour nut meats and 5 cups of filtered water into a blender and blend on high for about 3-5 minutes. If 5 cups of water seems too much for your blender to handle at once, start with 2 cups of water and then add the remaining 3 cups half way through blending.
- Strain the mixture with cheesecloth or a fine sieve over a large jar (or recycled glass juice container). Once should be fine but if you really don't want any almond granules left in there, twice should cover it.
- Et voilá! Fresh homemade almond milk. Refrigerate any milk you won't be drinking immediately for up to a week. For creamier milk, use less water. For lighter milk, use more water.
More about "homemade almond milk recipes"
HOW TO MAKE ALMOND MILK | MINIMALIST BAKER RECIPES
5/5 (123)Calories 31 per servingCategory Beverage
- Add your soaked almonds, water, salt, and any additional add-ins (optional) to a high-speed blenderand blend until creamy and smooth. Keep it running for at least 1-2 minutes so you get the most out of your almonds.
- Strain using a nut milk bag or my favorite trick - a thin dish towel. Simply lay a clean dish towel over a mixing bowl, pour over the almond milk, carefully gather the corners, and lift up. Then squeeze until all of the liquid is extracted. Discard pulp, or save for adding to baked goods (especially crackers). Find more ways to use almond pulp here.
- Transfer milk to a jar or covered bottle and refrigerate. Will keep for up to 4-5 days, though best when fresh. Shake well before drinking, as it tends to separate.
HOW TO MAKE ALMOND MILK (IN 5 MINUTES!) | WHOLESOME …
5/5 (38)Calories 40 per servingCategory Drinks
2-MINUTE ALMOND MILK RECIPE (NO STRAINING!)
HOW TO MAKE ALMOND MILK(BETTER THAN STORE BOUGHT!)
ALMOND MILK ICE CREAM - JUST 5 INGREDIENTS!
HOMEMADE ALMOND MILK (DOESN'T SEPARATE) | NUTRITION …
HOW TO MAKE EASY HOMEMADE ALMOND MILK - THE PURE …
HOW TO MAKE ALMOND MILK - EASY ALMOND MILK RECIPE
EASIEST HOMEMADE ALMOND MILK RECIPE - WHOLE NEW MOM
QUICK HOMEMADE ALMOND MILK - SIMPLY SO GOOD
HOW TO MAKE ALMOND MILK - CALIFORNIA GROWN
ALMOND MILK RECIPE - SWASTHI'S RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE ALMOND MILK | 3 WAYS FOR A CREAMY …
HOMEMADE ALMOND MILK RECIPE | EATINGWELL
THE BEST ALMOND MILK RECIPE - THE BLENDER GIRL
HOMEMADE ALMOND MILK RECIPE | MYRECIPES
THE BEST HOMEMADE ALMOND MILK RECIPE (PLANT-BASED
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 10 minsCategory DrinksCalories 88 per serving
HOMEMADE ALMOND MILK: QUICK, EASY, NO SUGAR, NO CRAP
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST-EVER HOMEMADE ALMOND MILK - LUMINBERRY
THE BEST HOMEMADE ALMOND MILK | AMBITIOUS KITCHEN
BEST RECIPES USING ALMOND MILK | MYRECIPES
VEGAN RAW ALMOND MILK YOGURT RECIPE - CULTURES FOR HEALTH
HOW TO MAKE ALMOND MILK - FINISHED WITH SALT
WHOLE30 HOMEMADE ALMOND MILK (PALEO + KETO) - TASTES LOVELY
HOMEMADE RAW ALMOND MILK RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
HOW DO YOU MAKE ALMOND MILK? EASY HOMEMADE RECIPE - UTOPIA
BEST HOMEMADE ALMOND MILK RECIPE - DELISH
CLASSIC ALMOND MILK RECIPE | GOODNATURE
HOW TO MAKE ALMOND MILK (+ 4 FLAVOR OPTIONS) | LIVE EAT LEARN
HOW TO MAKE ALMOND MILK 3 WAYS | EASY, HEALTHY, & DELICIOUS
HOMEMADE ALMOND MILK - MY 17 DAY DIET BLOG
HOW TO MAKE ALMOND MILK IN 30 SECONDS | TWO SPOONS
HOW TO MAKE ALMOND MILK AT HOME | MAKE PROTEIN BALLS USING …
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE ALMOND MILK RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
HOMEMADE ALMOND MILK – 3 WAYS - THE AVOCADO NUT
VANILLA ALMOND MILK RECIPE - CARIDAD MCCOMBS
RECIPES - MAKE ALMOND MILK
PUDDING RECIPE USING ALMOND MILK - THERESCIPES.INFO
HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN ALMOND MILK! - DONUT FOLLOW THE CROWD
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE ALMOND MILK - FRESH + LIVELY
20 HOMEMADE ALMOND MILK ICE CREAM RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
#lactose #15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #low-protein #5-ingredients-or-less #very-low-carbs #beverages #breakfast #easy #beginner-cook #vegetarian #dietary #low-sodium #gluten-free #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #low-carb #inexpensive #free-of-something #low-in-something #3-steps-or-less
Homemade Almond Milk Recipe - Eat Clean with Shira Bocar40K views-01:43
How to Make Homemade Almond Milk Recipe26K views-02:58
HOW TO MAKE ALMOND MILK | dairy-free, vegan nut milk recipe812K views-03:35
How to Make Almond Milk | Homemade Almond Milk Recipe934K views-02:48
Healthy Recipes | Homemade Almond Milk125K views-07:44
Homemade Almond Milk - Easy Drink Recipes - Weelicious20K views-04:16
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make milky almond milk?Put the soaked almonds in your blender, and add about 2 cups of the water. Blend until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Add the remaining 2 cups water and salt. Blend until smooth, about 1 minute. Pour the milky mixture through a nut milk bag or a few layers of cheesecloth lining a sieve to strain.
How do you make almond milk with dates and almonds?Blend the 3 cups of water, almonds, and dates and vanilla if using, until well blended and almost smooth. Strain the blended almond mixture over a bowl or large measuring cup using a nut milk bag, cheesecloth, or a fine-mesh strainer.
How to make almond milk with vanilla bean?Combine soaked almonds, vanilla bean, dates, and sea salt in a blender; pour in 3 cups water. Blend on high for 1 minute. Let sit to allow foam to subside, about 1 minute. Add remaining 1 cup water and some of the date water for extra sweetness; blend until almond milk is smooth, about 1 minute.
How to make almond milk without almond flour?Drain the water from the almonds and use in place of almond flour. Quick Homemade Almond Milk: To a high-speed blender, add 4 cups of filtered water, 1 cup almond flour, 2 pitted dates (for sweetness), 1/2 vanilla bean or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and a healthy pinch of sea salt.