FRESH FIGS WITH RICOTTA AND HONEY
Fresh figs with ricotta and honey make a stunning, sophisticated, simple solution to a summer dessert. The figs are stuffed with creamy ricotta, drizzled with honey, and sprinkled with pistachios and mint. Idyllic for when you simply can't get enough figs during their short season and want to flaunt their lovely taste and texture.
Provided by Leah Koenig
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Using a sharp knife, split each fig down the middle, starting at the tapered stem and slicing down to the broad bottom, being careful not to cut all the way through the fig and stopping about 1/4 inch from the bottom of the fig.
- Scatter the pistachios in a shallow bowl or on a small plate. Drizzle the honey on a small plate.
- Using the tip of a smallish spoon, fill the split center of each fig with a generous dollop of ricotta.
- Gently grasp each fig by its sides but without tightly squeezing it. Dip the fig, bottom first, in the honey and then in the pistachios. Arrange the figs on a large plate or platter.
- Drizzle the figs with additional honey to taste and, if desired, sprinkle with the fresh mint. Serve as soon as you can...as if you could resist doing anything else. Originally published September 20, 2011.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 portion, Calories 206 kcal, Carbohydrate 32 g, Protein 6 g, Fat 8 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, Cholesterol 16 mg, Sodium 29 mg, Fiber 4 g, Sugar 26 g, UnsaturatedFat 4 g
ROASTED FIGS WITH FRESH RICOTTA
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Put the figs, cut side up, in a baking dish. Melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat, and whisk in the honey, cinnamon and salt. Drizzle the hot honey butter over the figs and roast in oven until very soft, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Divide the fresh ricotta or fat free yogurt among 4 serving dishes and top with the warm figs and sauce. Enjoy!
- Cook's Note: These hot figs are really great over mixed greens or even on a toasted baguette as a crostini!
FIGS WITH RICOTTA, PISTACHIO, AND HONEY
- Toast the pistachios in a dry skillet over a medium-high heat until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Set aside to cool. Chop coarsely.
- Cut each fig in half crosswise and place the fig pieces on a serving dish, cut side up. Make a small indentation into the cut side of each fig half with a small spoon or your finger. Put 1/2 teaspoon of the ricotta cheese onto each piece of fig and top with a pistachio. Drizzle with honey and serve.
FIG, RICOTTA, AND HONEY OPEN-FACE SANDWICHES
- Spread the ricotta over each bread slice. Sprinkle each with thyme, and season with salt and pepper. Arrange figs on top, dividing evenly among the slices. Drizzle honey over the figs, and serve immediately.
FIG AND RICOTTA CROSTINI
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place the baguette slices on an ungreased, foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake the bread in the preheated oven until the bottoms are brown, about 5 minutes; flip and bake until crisp, 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of ricotta on each slice of toasted bread. Place a few ribbons of basil on each, arrange a slice of fig on top, and drizzle the finished crostini with balsamic vinegar.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 186.4 calories, Carbohydrate 30.4 g, Cholesterol 11 mg, Fat 3.6 g, Fiber 1.9 g, Protein 8.8 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Sodium 291.9 mg, Sugar 7.2 g
More about "honeyed fig ricotta appetizers recipes"
FIG HONEY AND RICOTTA TOAST | BLUE JEAN CHEF - RECIPES
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 35 minsCategory Appetizers/SnacksCalories 271 per serving
- Remove the stems from the figs and cut the figs into quarters. Place the figs on one side of a 10-inch by 15-inch sheet pan. Drizzle the melted butter on top and toss to evenly coat the figs with the butter.
- Place the slices of bread on the other half of the baking sheet and generously brush with olive oil. Sprinkle some sea salt over everything and bake for 15 minutes, until the figs are soft but not mushy and the bread is toasted (remember to flip the toast over halfway through the cooking time).
- While the figs are roasting, combine the ricotta cheese and 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Season lightly with sea salt.
HONEY FIG BAKED RICOTTA APPETIZER | VALLEY FIG GROWERS
Servings 6Estimated Reading Time 2 minsCategory Appetizer, Cheese PlatesCalories 163 per serving
- In a large bowl, combine ricotta, lemon zest and juice, honey, chives, garlic, salt, and a generous amount of black pepper. Mix well to fully combine. NOTE: figs can slightly discolor the ricotta as it bakes, so I do not combine them into the mixture.
- Work in layers to prepare the dish. Place 1/4 of the ricotta mixture into the baking dish, and then 1/3 of the figs. Repeat. The top layer should be ricotta mixture.
- Drizzle dip with olive oil. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until hot. Remove from oven. Drizzle with a little bit more olive oil, and garnish with sliced figs, crushed pistachio, and remaining chives. If desired, add a little more fresh-cracked black pepper.
FIGS WITH RICOTTA CHEESE, DRIZZLED IN HONEY
Servings 4Estimated Reading Time 2 minsCategory AppetizerTotal Time 5 mins
HONEYED RICOTTA RECIPE
HONEY FIG BAKED RICOTTA APPETIZER | RECIPE | DRIED FIG RECIPES ...
CARAMELIZED FIG AND RICOTTA CROSTINI - RECIPE RUNNER
14 BEST RICOTTA TOAST RECIPES FOR SNACKS, APPETIZERS & MORE!
FIGS WITH RICOTTA, HONEY, AND WALNUTS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
FIGS AND RICOTTA - CHEF ABBIE GELLMAN MS, RD, CDN
EASY HONEYED FIGS WITH RICOTTA CHEESE - CHOCOLATE CHERRY KISSES
HONEY-BROILED FIGS WITH RICOTTA RECIPE - RICHARD BETTS | FOOD
HONEYED FIGS WITH RICOTTA AND THYME - BIG FLAVORS FROM A TINY KITCHEN
FIGS WITH RICOTTA AND HONEY - RACHAEL RAY IN SEASON
30 MOUTHWATERING APPETIZERS WITH RICOTTA CHEESE
FIG & HONEY CROSTINI RECIPE - WITH HOMEMADE RICOTTA
ROASTED FIG AND RICOTTA CROSTINI RECIPE | APPETIZER …
FIG & RICOTTA TOAST - CHRISTINA'S FOOD AND TRAVEL
FIGS AND HONEYED RICOTTA - BEYOND SWEET AND SAVORY
FIG & HONEYED THYME RICOTTA - BETTY L
FIGS WITH RICOTTA, PISTACHIOS, AND HONEY - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
HONEY & THYME RICOTTA WITH FIG TOAST - A SAUCY KITCHEN
FIG TARTLETS WITH RICOTTA & HONEY: WELCOME FALL! - ITALIAN KITCHEN ...
DRIED FIGS WITH RICOTTA, WALNUTS & HONEY - CALIFORNIA WALNUTS
10 BEST FRESH FIG APPETIZERS RECIPES | YUMMLY
RICOTTA FIG TOAST WITH HONEY + PROSCIUTTO RECIPE - UNPEELED
EASY FIG APPETIZER WITH GOAT CHEESE AND HONEY - MIA'S CUCINA
WHIPPED RICOTTA CROSTINI (A.K.A. THE EASIEST APPETIZER EVER!)
HONEY FIG BAKED RICOTTA APPETIZER | RECIPE | BAKED RICOTTA, …
WHOLE ROASTED RICOTTA | CHEESE RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER
FIGS + RICOTTA + HONEY | HONEY RECIPES, PERFECT SNACK FOODS, RECIPES
22 FRESH FIG RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
FRESH FIGS WITH RICOTTA HONEY AND PINENUTS - SAFEWAY
THE BEST RICOTTA CHEESE APPETIZERS - PIZZAZZERIE
FIG, RICOTTA AND HONEY SALAD RECIPE WITH PINE NUTS
FRESH FIGS, RICOTTA AND HONEY RECIPE | BAKEPEDIA
HOMEMADE RICOTTA AND HONEY-GLAZED FIG CROSTINI - O OLIVE OIL
HONEY DRIED FIG BAKED RICOTTA - VALLEY FIG GROWERS
RICOTTA FIG AND HONEY COOKIES - MY COOKIE JOURNEY
FIG, RICOTTA AND HONEY TART - THE WIMPY VEGETARIAN
EASY HONEYED FIGS WITH RICOTTA CHEESE | RECIPE | HONEY RECIPES ...
HONEY RICOTTA STUFFED FIGS WITH PISTACHIO - JERRY JAMES STONE
You'll also love