Ever since a family friend introduced us to this Italian dip, we have made it a tradition on New Year's Eve. You have to really like garlic to enjoy this. I have heard that some people omit the cream and substitute olive oil also. Serve with crusty Italian bread, raw cabbage wedges, lettuce, bread sticks or crackers.
Provided by Julie P.
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in garlic and cook until tender. Reduce heat to low. Mix in anchovy filets and heavy cream. Cook and stir until thickened. Remove from heat, cover and chill in the refrigerator approximately 2 hours.
- Return the mixture to medium heat, stirring occasionally, until bubbly. Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 224.1 calories, Carbohydrate 1.9 g, Cholesterol 81.1 mg, Fat 23.1 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 3.2 g, SaturatedFat 14.2 g, Sodium 345.1 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
HOT ANCHOVY AND GARLIC DIP BAGNA CAUDA
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the olive oil, garlic and anchovies. Cook, mashing the anchovies with the back of a wooden spoon, until smooth, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the butter.
- Pour the mixture into a warmed chafing dish or fondue pot set over a warming candle candle or spirit lamp. Serve immediately with vegetables for dipping. Pass the bread slices at the table.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 358.5, Fat 35.8, SaturatedFat 8.8, Cholesterol 27.1, Sodium 360.7, Carbohydrate 6.9, Fiber 0.4, Sugar 0.1, Protein 3.6
BAGNA CAUDA ( OLIVE OIL, GARLIC, BUTTER AND ANCHOVY SAUCE)
From The Stinking Rose restaurant in San Francisco. This is an Italian appetizer dish and the name translates as 'hot bath'. Serve with a good crusty sourdough, breadsticks or your favorite vegetables for dipping, such as bell peppers, zucchini, broccoli, or whole mushrooms. It's typically served as an appetizer, but is also fantastic drizzled over grilled fish or vegetables.
Provided by GaylaJ
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Place all ingredients in an oven casserole, cover and bake at 275F for 1 1/2 hours.
- Serve with bread and/or vegetables.
BAGNA CAUDA RECIPE
This Bagna Cauda recipe is made with only four ingredients; anchovies, garlic, butter and a little olive oil. Made for dipping vegetables and crusty bread into it's the most delicious and simple appetizer.
Provided by Emily Kemp
Number Of Ingredients 4
- First, prepare your choice of vegetables and bread for dunking. You can choose whatever you prefer, cut into slices ready to serve.
- Heat a little oil in a pan and add the anchovy fillets and crushed/minced garlic. Heat the anchovies and garlic until the anchovies dissolve and mix in with the garlic.
- Give it long enough so the garlic is cooked but not browned or burnt. Add the butter then remove the pan from the heat.
- Whisk the butter, anchovies and garlic together until it's all thoroughly combined then transfer the dip into a warm ramekin and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 192 kcal, ServingSize 1 serving
BAGNA CàUDA (NORTHERN ITALIAN ANCHOVY-GARLIC DIP) RECIPE
Bagna càuda, one of the classic dishes of the Piedmont region in northwestern Italy, is a potent dip made from warm olive oil loaded with tons of garlic and anchovies, all cooked together until melted down. Paired with a beautiful vegetable platter, it's the ultimate dip.
Provided by Daniel Gritzer
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Trim garlic cloves; if desired, halve lengthwise and remove germ from center. (Very developed green germs can add a subtle bitterness to the sauce, though our tests with younger garlic showed no noticeable difference between batches made with and without a more beige germ.) Slice garlic.
- In a small saucepan, combine garlic and milk or water, bring to a gentle simmer, and cook until garlic is soft, about 10 minutes.
- Drain garlic well. Wipe out saucepan, then return garlic to saucepan and cover with olive oil. Cook over very low heat until garlic is very soft and can easily be smashed with a wooden spoon, about 10 minutes.
- Add anchovies and cook, stirring and smashing, until they have fully dissolved into the sauce. Continue smashing the garlic and anchovies until a thick purée forms. (If desired, you can very quickly purée the bagna càuda with an immersion blender to make an even smoother sauce.)
- Serve hot with raw vegetables and slices of roasted onion (if using).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 249 kcal, Carbohydrate 5 g, Cholesterol 17 mg, Fiber 0 g, Protein 7 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, Sodium 633 mg, Sugar 2 g, Fat 23 g, ServingSize Makes about 1 cup, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
BAGNA-CAUDA BUTTER (WITH GARLIC AND ANCHOVIES)
- Heat the olive oil in a small saucepan over low heat. When the oil just begins to warm, add the garlic and anchovies and cook slowly, stirring until the garlic becomes toasty brown and the anchovies dissolve (about ten minutes). Let cool completely.
- Process the butter in a food processor until smooth and creamy. Add the cooled garlic-anchovy mixture and a pinch of salt. Process until well blended. Taste and add more salt if needed. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the parsley. Refrigerate until firm enough to shape into a log.
- Put an 18-inch sheet of aluminum foil on your work surface. Spoon the butter down the center of the foil into a log about 1-1/2 inches in diameter. Enclose in foil and twist the ends to make a sealed log, like a tootsie roll. Refrigerate for up to one week, or freeze for up to six months.
Dip into classic Italian Bagna Càuda, a hot dip made with garlic, anchovies and more. Bagna Càuda is traditionally served with bread slices and veggies.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 9 servings 2 Tbps. each
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Blend all ingredients except lemon juice in blender until smooth; pour into medium saucepan.
- Bring to boil, stirring frequently. Cover; simmer on medium-low heat 15 min., stirring occasionally.
- Stir in lemon juice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 240, Fat 25 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Sodium 560 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 0 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 2 g
WARM GARLIC ANCHOVY DIP
- In a mortar and pestle or mini-chopper, mash the garlic cloves and 1 tablespoon olive oil into a smooth paste, and transfer to a small bowl. Mash (or chop) the anchovy fillets into a smooth paste. (Alternatively, chop or slice the garlic and anchovy by hand, separately.)
- Put the garlic (crushed, chopped, or sliced) in the saucepan with the butter, and set over medium-low heat or a tabletop heat source. Cook slowly until the garlic is thoroughly softened and melted in the butter. Stir in the anchovies and the remaining olive oil, and heat over a low flame, mashing the anchovies with the back of a spoon until thoroughly disintegrated.
- When the bagna cauda is piping hot, whisk the sauce briefly to blend and emulsify, and serve with cut vegetables alongside (see box on following page).
BAGNA CALDA (ITALIAN GARLIC-ANCHOVY-SARDINE APPETIZER)
- Place the canola oil in a skillet and heat over medium heat. Stir in the garlic, and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add the butter, anchovies, and sardines. Cook and stir until well blended, 10 to 15 minutes. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 98.6 calories, Carbohydrate 1.1 g, Cholesterol 35.1 mg, Fat 8.6 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 4.5 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, Sodium 301.4 mg
More about "hot anchovy and garlic dip bagna cauda recipes"
BAGNA CAUDA - MAKE THIS GREAT GARLIC DIP FOR TAILGATING
BAGNA CAUDA - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
BAGNA CAUDA (ITALIAN ANCHOVY DIP) RECIPE
A DRESSING (OR DIP) THAT’S EASY TO LOVE - THE NEW YORK …
BAGNA CAUDA - PINCH AND SWIRL
BAGNA CAUDA (ANCHOVY AND GARLIC SAUCE) RECIPE - DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
BAGNA CAUDA RECIPE BY ANTONIO CARLUCCIO
BAGNA CAUDA | CANADIAN LIVING
HOT ANCHOVY AND GARLIC DIP (BAGNA CAUDA) RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
BAGNA CAUDA (WARM GARLIC ANCHOVY DIP) - LIVING A LIFE IN COLOUR
BAGNA CAUDA RECIPE | KITCHN
BAGNA CàUDA: THE TRADITIONAL RECIPE - LA CUCINA ITALIANA
HOW TO CLASSIC MAKE BAGNA CAUDA DIP FROM STANLEY TUCCI: …
GARLIC AND ANCHOVY DIP (BAGNA CAUDA) RECIPE : SBS FOOD
WARM GARLIC ANCHOVY DIP - LIDIA
BAGNA CAUDA (HOT ANCHOVY DIP) - RECIPE CIRCUS
BAGNA CàUDA: A DELICIOUS DIP FROM PIEDMONT - EURO TRAVEL COACH
HOT ANCHOVY AND GARLIC DIP BAGNA CAUDA RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
TRADITIONAL ITALIAN BAGNA CAUDA - TASTEFULLY GRACE
HOT ANCHOVY DIP (BAGNA CAUDA) - BIGOVEN.COM
CLASSIC BAGNA CAUDA RECIPE IN 7 EASY STEPS - A SPRINKLE OF ITALY
BAGNA CAUDA (WARM ANCHOVY DIP) - BIGOVEN.COM
EASY TRADITIONAL BAGNA CAUDA DIP - ALEKA'S GET-TOGETHER
BAGNA CAUDA ITALIAN ANCHOVY AND GARLIC DIP - CAST IRON LANE
AUTHENTIC BAGNA CAUDA RECIPE – RECIPES - TINA'S TABLE
BAGNA CAUDA - HOT ANCHOVY DIP - RECIPE CIRCUS
BAGNA CAUDA WITH SPRING VEGETABLES RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
BEST BAGNA CAUDA RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE BAGNA CAUDA - DELISH
BAGNA CAUDA, THE PIEDMONTESE ANCHOVY DIP RECIPE - THE ADAGIO …
BAGNA CAUDA - HOT GARLIC & ANCHOVY VEGETABLE DIP RECIPE
CLASSIC BAGNA CAUDA - ADRE'S KITCHEN
BAGNA CAUDA RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
HOW TO MAKE BAGNA CàUDA, THE ITALIAN ANCHOVY-GARLIC DIP
QUICK BAGNA CAUDA (ANCHOVY DIP) RECIPE - BBC FOOD
MARCELLA HAZAN’S BAGNA CAUDA (ANCHOVY AND GARLIC DIP)
AUTHENTIC BAGNA CAUDA RECIPE | HOW TO MAKE BAGNA CAUDA
You'll also love