HUMMUS BI TAHINA (TURKISH HUMMUS)
We travel to Turkey every year in April for a holiday. This recipe is as close as we can get to the hummus we enjoy each year during our stay there.
Provided by - Carla -
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Combine all ingredients (except those for garinsh) in a blender or food processor.
- Blend into a smooth, creamy paste.
- Taste and add more lemon juice or salt to suit your taste.
- It should be the creamy consistency of mashed potatoes.
- Thin with additional lemon juice, chick pea liquid or water if necessary.
- Scrape into an attractive looking bowl.
- Drizzle oil over the surface in a decorative pattern and sprinkle with ground chili pepper and freshly chopped parsley.
- Serve with wedges of pita bread and raw vegetables.
HUMMUS ( HUMMIS BI TAHINA )
Posted for ZaarWorldTours: In Arabic Hummus simply means "chickpea" This recipe for Humus is more correctly called " hummis bi tahina" and is a tradional dip from the Middle East, where it is served as part of the "Mezze". The "Mezze" is the equivalent of the french hors d' oeuvre, a collection of savoury nibbles as a lead-up to the Main Course. Time posted is for using dried (soaked) chick peas that need boiling etc.. if you use canned chick peas then cooking time is 30 minutes. Tahini is a paste made from freshly ground sesame seeds. REGION: Middle East.
Provided by kiwidutch
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- If you are using dried chick peas, and you have soaked them overnight, drain the water off, place into a saucepan and then add fresh cold water.
- Simmer gently for 2 hours or until tender.
- Drain the peas, reserving a little of the cooking water, put the peas into a food processor or blender (reserve a few whole ones first if you like, for garnish).
- Blend well, slowly adding a small amount of the reserved liquid and the lemon juice until you have a smooth purée.
- Lastly, add the tahini paste, the rest of the olive oil (2 tablespoons), cumin, cayenne pepper, sour cream and salt and pepper to taste, blending until smooth.
- Serve sprinkled with the whole chick peas, olives and chopped parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 381.2, Fat 25.1, SaturatedFat 4.4, Cholesterol 4.2, Sodium 33.5, Carbohydrate 30.8, Fiber 9, Sugar 4.2, Protein 12.2
ZAHAV'S HUMMUS 'TEHINA'
This recipe comes from Zahav, the chef Michael Solomonov's Israeli restaurant in Philadelphia, which is known for its silky and wonderfully rich hummus. Garlic and lemon play small roles here; the indisputable co-stars are the freshly cooked chickpeas and the nutty tahini. While it's well worth the effort to cook the dried chickpeas yourself, substituting a couple of cans of cooked chickpeas is perfectly acceptable.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Categories dips and spreads, appetizer, side dish
Yield 4 cups
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a bowl, cover chickpeas by at least 2 inches of cold water. Add 1 teaspoon baking soda and let soak at room temperature overnight. Drain and rinse.
- In a medium pot, cover soaked chickpeas by at least 4 inches of water. Add the remaining teaspoon baking soda and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium high and let cook at a vigorous simmer until chickpeas are quite soft, 1 to 1 1/2 hours. (Overcooked chickpeas are the secret to creamy hummus, so don't worry if they start to break down a little.) Drain.
- While chickpeas are cooking, make the tahini sauce. In a blender, combine the lemon juice, garlic and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Let mixture sit 10 minutes. Add tahini, remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and the cumin, and blend until a thick paste forms. Add 1/3 to 2/3 cup ice water while blender is running, a little at a time, until sauce is smooth. You're looking for a perfectly smooth, creamy sauce.
- Add the warm, drained chickpeas to blender with tahini mixture. Blend until perfectly smooth and not at all grainy, stopping to scrape down sides of bowl occasionally. This blending may take upward of about 2 minutes; just keep going until the mixture is ultracreamy and fluffy, adding a little water if you need it to make the contents of the blender move. Taste for seasonings, adding more salt, lemon juice and/or cumin as needed.
- To serve, spread the hummus on a plate, dust with paprika, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 277, UnsaturatedFat 14 grams, Carbohydrate 23 grams, Fat 18 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 10 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Sodium 356 milligrams, Sugar 3 grams
More about "hummus bi tahina turkish hummus recipes"
HUMMUS BI TAHINI RECIPE | JAMES BEARD FOUNDATION
HUMMUS BI TAHINI RECIPE - NANCY HARMON JENKINS | FOOD …
- In a medium bowl, cover the chickpeas with 1 inch of water and stir in the baking soda. Let soak overnight.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas. In a medium saucepan, cover the chickpeas with 1 inch of water and bring to a boil, skimming as necessary. Cook the chickpeas over low heat until very tender, about 40 minutes. Drain the chickpeas, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
- In a food processor, puree all but 1/4 cup of the chickpeas until smooth; add some of the reserved cooking liquid if the puree is dry. Add the tahini and lemon juice and process until satiny. Add more of the reserved cooking liquid until the consistency is that of sour cream. Transfer the hummus to a bowl.
- Remove the skins from the reserved chickpeas. Mash the garlic with the salt until smooth. Stir the garlic into the hummus and transfer to a shallow bowl. Add the parsley to the olive oil and drizzle it over the hummus. Garnish with the whole peeled chickpeas and serve.
HUMMUS BI TAHINA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (1)Calories 123 per servingServings 3
- Drain garbanzo beans, reserving 1/4 cup liquid, and set aside. Position knife blade in food processor bowl. Drop garlic through food chute with processor running, and process 3 seconds or until minced. Add garbanzo beans, reserved 1/4 cup liquid, and remaining ingredients; process 3 minutes or until smooth.
CLASSIC HUMMUS RECIPE WITH MELLOWED GARLIC - THE HUNGRY BLUEBIRD
HUMMUS WITH TAHINA — TALA SOUBRA | EVERYDAY LEBANESE …
NO FUSS HUMMUS FROM SCRATCH - HUMMUS B' TAHINA - PEPPERONPIZZA
HUMMUS (BI TAHINI) - FAUZIA’S KITCHEN FUN
HUMMUS BI TAHINI RECIPE - CIA FOODIES
HUMMUS BI TAHINA (TURKISH HUMMUS) RECIPE - FOOD.COM
HUMUS - BEST HUMMUS RECIPE (AUTHENTIC TURKISH) *UPDATED
RECIPE HUMMUS BI TAHINA (TURKISH HUMMUS) - YOUTUBE
EASY HUMMUS WITH TAHINI AND LEMON RECIPE - THE …
TURKISH STYLE HUMMUS - BLYTHES BLOG
HUMMUS WITH TAHINA SAUCE OR WITH MEAT - DIMA AL SHARIF
HUMMUS – TURKISH FOODIE
HUMMUS BI TAHINI: LEBANESE-SYRIAN RECIPE - PIECRUST & PASTA
HUMMUS BI TAHINA - THE SPICE ADVENTURESS
HUMMUS BI TAHINI - MIDDLE EASTERN DIP - RECIPES 'R' SIMPLE
HUMMUS BI TAHINA RECIPE (MIDDLE EASTERN CHICKPEA AND
TURKISH-STYLE WARM HUMMUS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
HUMMUS BI TAHINI | RECIPES | DELIA ONLINE
HUMMOUS BI TAHINI RECIPE - FOOD NEWS - FOODNEWSNEWS.COM
HUMMUS BI TAHINA (TURKISH HUMMUS) - CHAMPSDIET.COM
TURKISH STYLE HUMMUS (HUMUS) – A DELIGHTFULLY CREAMY, LIGHT …
RECIPES > VEGETARIAN > HOW TO MAKE HUMMUS BI TAHINI
HUMMUS BI TAHINA | TRADITIONAL HUMMUS - CHEF NANDU
HUMMUS BI TAHINI RECIPE - ANDREA MEYERS
RECIPE: HUMMUS BI TAHINA - FOODFORTHOUGHT
TRADITIONAL HUMMUS RECIPE WITH TAHINI - VEGAN FOODIEZ
HUMMUS BI TAHINA TURKISH HUMMUS RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
TURKISH TADKA HUMMUS | J COOKING ODYSSEY
HUMMUS BI TAHINI RECIPE | COOKING CHANNEL
You'll also love