HUNGARIAN SAUERKRAUT & PORK
- Brown the meat and onion (in lard or oil if needed) in a pot with lid.
- Add the paprika to the meat and onion mix, stir to mix in (do not burn).
- Put in the drained sauerkraut, crushed tomatos, bay leaves water and sugar.
- Stir to mix it up and then cover the pot.
- Cook slowly for about one hour, or until meat is tender.
- Add the sour cream and stir.
- Add salt & Pepper to taste.
- Serve in soup plates, with good crusty bread.
SZEKELYGULYAS (SAUERKRAUT GOULASH)
- Heat the oil in a 4- to 6-quart saucepan or casserole over medium heat. Add onion and saute until translucent, about 3 minutes. Remove pan from heat, and add 2 tablespoons water and the sweet paprika and hot paprika. Place pan over low heat, and saute 3 minutes. Add pork, garlic, caraway seeds, dill and 2 more tablespoons water. Cover, and cook until pork is tender, about 1 hour, stirring occasionally and adding a tablespoon or two of water if it seems too dry.
- Add chopped pepper and tomato to pan. Cover, and cook over low heat for 10 minutes. Uncover and cook, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid has evaporated. Add sauerkraut and toss gently to combine. Cover and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, for an additional hour.
- Combine sour cream and heavy cream and mix well. Transfer half the mixture to a serving bowl, and refrigerate until needed. Add flour to the remainder, and stir until smooth. Add to pan. Cover and continue to cooking, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes. Garnish with a dollop of the reserved sour cream mixture, and pass the remainder separately.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 696, UnsaturatedFat 27 grams, Carbohydrate 19 grams, Fat 59 grams, Fiber 9 grams, Protein 25 grams, SaturatedFat 28 grams, Sodium 1627 milligrams, Sugar 9 grams, TransFat 0 grams
GREAT GRANDMA'S PORK AND SAUERKRAUT
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add pork and brown. Add can of sauerkraut with liquids, then add apple. Stir until all are simmering, then lower heat and cover. Let simmer for 1 hour or until pork is cooked through and tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 308.9 calories, Carbohydrate 9.6 g, Cholesterol 68 mg, Fat 19.5 g, Fiber 3.8 g, Protein 23.7 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, Sodium 788.3 mg, Sugar 5.4 g
HUNGARIAN PORK AND SAUERKRAUT CASSEROLE RECIPE - (4.3/5)
Provided by ROBandSEAN
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Method Preheat oven to 350°F. Place the rice, 2 cups stock or water and a pinch of salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to low, cover tightly and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and set off to the side, covered. Heat the oil in a sauté pan or skillet over medium flame. Add the paprika and stir to just cook through and color the oil, about 30 seconds. Add the onions and sauté until translucent, about 4 to 5 minutes. Do not brown. Add pork, sausage and the 1 1/2 cups of stock or water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes. Add more stock or water if necessary to keep the pan from drying out. Remove from heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. Place 1/3 of the rinsed sauerkraut in the bottom of a large casserole or baking dish. Spread 1/2 of the cooked rice over the sauerkraut. Then spread 1/2 of the meat over the rice. Lay egg slices over the pork and sausages. Repeat these layers a second time, finishing with a layer of sauerkraut. Spread the sour cream over the top of the sauerkraut and lay the bacon strips neatly over the sour cream. Sprinkle the top of the dish with paprika for garnish. Place the casserole in oven and bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until it is bubbling and browned on top. Variations Try to use a Eastern European sausage like kolbász, kielbasa or Polish sausage. If unavailable, just use a spicy Italian sausage. Some recipes substitute cooked sliced potatoes for the rice
HUNGARIAN TREASURE (SZEKELY GULYAS)
This combination of pork, sauerkraut, sour cream and paprika is heavenly served on buttery egg noodles with or without poppy seeds. Here's to great comfort food. -Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown meat. Transfer meat to a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. In the same skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender, 6-8 minutes. Add garlic and paprika; cook 1 minute longer. Pour over meat. Add , sauerkraut and water., Cook, covered, on low until pork is tender, 3-4 hours. Stir in sour cream; sprinkle with poppy seeds. Serve with noodles.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 369 calories, Fat 25g fat (12g saturated fat), Cholesterol 79mg cholesterol, Sodium 1181mg sodium, Carbohydrate 12g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 26g protein.
HUNGARIAN PORK GOULASH
We really enjoy pork, so I'm always searching for new recipes, especially those from ethnic backgrounds. Because of the sauerkraut in this goulash, my husband was hesitant to try it, but he ended up sopping up every drop with his bread. If you're like us and don't care for caraway seeds but like the flavor, grind or crush the caraway seeds.-Barbara Lundgren, New Brighton, Minnesota
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a Dutch oven, brown pork in oil over medium heat. Stir in onions; cook until onions are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the broth, paprika, caraway seeds, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until pork is tender. , Add sauerkraut; heat through. Combine flour and water until smooth; stir into pork mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. , Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream and dill. Return to the heat; cook on low for 1-2 minutes or until heated through (do not boil). Serve over potatoes.
Nutrition Facts :
PORK AND SAUERKRAUT A LA BUDAPEST
This tasty recipe originally came from my Grandmother's Hungarian neighbor. This goes well with a simple potato dish,a side of carrots are a must for me when I have it, and a nice crusty bread.
Provided by Berts Kitchen Witch
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Melt the butter in a Dutch oven over med-low heat.
- Add onions and sauté for 5-6 minutes, until translucent.
- Add the pork and slowly brown all sides of the meat, stirring continuously. About 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the black pepper and sugar over the meat and onions, and stir well.
- Stir-fry all for about 3 minutes longer.
- Add the garlic, paprika, and the caraway seeds.
- Add 1/2 of the can of beer,cover,and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally and adding the rest of the beer as needed.
- Stir in the rinsed and WELL drained sauerkraut and simmer for another 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the sour cream, stir and cook for 3 more minutes.
More about "hungarian sauerkraut pork recipes"
HUNGARIAN GOULASH WITH PORK AND SAUERKRAUT - THE …
5/5 (4)Category Main CourseCuisine HungarianTotal Time 3 hrs 15 mins
- In large skillet, fry sausage rounds until lightly browned on both sides. Remove to paper towel-lined plate and set aside. Add half the beef and pork to the same skillet and brown all over, about 4-5 minutes a side. Transfer browned meat to a plate.
- In large enameled cast-iron Dutch oven, heat bacon fat and then add onions. Cook over moderate heat until softened and very lightly browned, about 10-12 minutes. Sprinkle the paprika(s) over the onions and stir and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Stir in the beef and pork pieces, sauerkraut, bay leaves, thyme and enough stock to just cover the meat/sauerkraut mixture (3 to 4 cups). Bring to boil, cover and reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add the smoked sausage and continue simmering, covered, until the beef and pork are very tender, about another hour. Season with salt and pepper and let cool. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
A HUNGARIAN LAYERED SAUERKRAUT AND MINCED PORK RECIPE …
Author Jacob KenedyEstimated Reading Time 7 mins
10 BEST HUNGARIAN SAUERKRAUT RECIPES | YUMMLY
HUNGARIAN PORK GOULASH WITH SAUERKRAUT - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT …
PORK WITH SAUERKRAUT (SZéKELYKáPOSZTA) - YOUTUBE
10 BEST HUNGARIAN SAUERKRAUT RECIPES | YUMMLY
HUNGARIAN PORK GOULASH WITH SAUERKRAUT - CREATE THE MOST …
SZEGEDIN GOULASH WITH SAUERKRAUT (SZéKELY GULYáS)
HUNGARIAN PORK AND SAUERKRAUT RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
HUNGARIAN PORK AND SAUERKRAUT BEST RECIPES
JUNE MEYERS AUTHENTIC HUNGARIAN SAUERKRAUT AND PORK …
BEST PORK AND SAUERKRAUT GOULASH-HUNGARIAN SZEKELY KAPOSZTA
HUNGARIAN PORK SAUERKRAUT - RECIPES - PAGE 2 | COOKS.COM
AMAZING LAYERED SAUERKRAUT CASSEROLE-TIMEA'S KITCHEN
PORK AND SAUERKRAUT GOULASH / SZEKELYGULYAS / HUNGARIAN GOULASH
RAKOTT KAPOSZTA HUNGARIAN SAUERKRAUT CASSEROLE - KRUMPLI
PORK AND SAUERKRAUT – SZéKELYKáPOSZTA – A HUNGARIAN KETO RECIPE
AUTHENTIC HUNGARIAN SZEGEDINER PORK GOULASH (SZéKELY GULYáS)
HUNGARIAN SAUERKRAUT PORK RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
10 BEST GERMAN PORK SAUERKRAUT RECIPES | YUMMLY
HUNGARIAN PORK AND SAUERKRAUT CASSEROLE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
HUNGARIAN SAUERKRAUT “HANGOVER” SOUP – KORHELY LEVES
HUNGARIAN GOULASH WITH SAUERKRAUT — THREE MANY COOKS
HUNGARIAN PORK RIBS AND SAUERKRAUT -"HUNGARIAN SZEKELY (TOROS
PAPRIKA-SPICED PORK-AND-SAUERKRAUT STEW RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
HUNGARIAN PORK, SAUERKRAUT, AND BACON CASSEROLE RECIPE
HUNGARIAN PORK GOULASH WITH SAUERKRAUT : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
HUNGARIAN PORK AND SAUERKRAUT RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT …
SLOW-COOKER PORK PAPRIKASH RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
HUNGARIAN PAPRIKA SOUR CREAM PORK CHOPS - UNSOPHISTICOOK
PORK GOULASH RECIPE HUNGARIAN : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
HUNGARIAN PORK STEW - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
You'll also love