These are delicious steaks, good with potatoes, vegetables, and Irish soda bread.
Provided by IrishMountainGirl
Categories World Cuisine Recipes European UK and Ireland Irish
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat vegetable oil and butter in a heavy skillet over medium heat until butter has melted. Cook and stir onions in butter and oil until lightly golden brown, about 10 minutes. Push onions aside with a spatula.
- Rub steaks with cut sides of garlic clove.
- Place steaks in the skillet, leaving the onions to the side, and cook over medium-high heat until meat is browned but still lightly pink inside, 2 to 4 minutes per side.
- Remove the skillet from heat. Slowly pour Irish whiskey into the hot skillet (be careful, whiskey fumes are flammable). Mix browned onions into whiskey and bring to a simmer over medium-low heat.
- Sprinkle steaks with salt, black pepper, and parsley; turn steaks over in whiskey pan sauce to coat both sides, and serve drizzled with sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 362.7 calories, Carbohydrate 5.7 g, Cholesterol 83.2 mg, Fat 25 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 19.7 g, SaturatedFat 10.3 g, Sodium 107 mg, Sugar 2.5 g
TRADITIONAL GAELIC IRISH STEAK WITH IRISH WHISKEY
- Place the steaks into a marinating dish. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, beef aromatics, bay leaf, 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh herbs of own choice, 1 glass of Irish whiskey and 3 to 4 ounces of melted butter and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 hours
- Remove steak from marinade and place on hot grill or pan, sealing both sides of the steak and cook to required taste.
- To make the Gaelic sauce use remaining marinade as a base and place in hot pan. Add 1 finely chopped large onion and allow to simmer until onions tender. Then add 3 large finely chopped fresh tomatoes, 3 tablespoons of tomato puree, sprinkling of herbs and allow to simmer for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring gently. Now add 1 cup of fresh cream and stir gently with wooden spoon for 3 minutes. Then add the steaks to the sauce and flambe with 1 glass of remaining whiskey.
- Remove steaks to 2 large platters, serve sauce generously from pan to platters and sprinkle with fresh parsley and selection of fresh vegetables of choice.
IRISH BEEF STEW
Rich and hearty, this stew is my husband's favorite. The beef is incredibly tender. Served with crusty bread, it's an ideal cool-weather meal and perfect for any Irish holiday. -Carrie Karleen, St. Nicolas, Quebec
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 15 servings (3-3/4 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 22
- In a stockpot, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels. In a large shallow dish, combine flour, salt and pepper. Add beef, a few pieces at a time, and turn to coat. Brown beef in the bacon drippings. Remove and set aside., In the same pot, saute the mushrooms, leeks, carrots and celery in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in tomato paste until blended. Add the broth, beer, bay leaves, thyme, parsley and rosemary. Return beef and bacon to pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until beef is tender, about 2 hours., Add potatoes. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 1 hour longer. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into stew. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Add peas; heat through. Discard bay leaves.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 301 calories, Fat 13g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 66mg cholesterol, Sodium 441mg sodium, Carbohydrate 21g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 23g protein.
IRISH GAELIC STEAK
This is yummy and a nice change from barbequed steak. Comfort food at it's best, straight from the Bridge House Hotel in Tullamore, County Offaly, Ireland where this gaelic steak is their 'house special'.
Provided by DiLo4602
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat butter and oil.
- Add the steaks and cook 2 - 3 minutes on each side (for rare). Transfer to a warm plate and cover.
- Add garlic, shallot and mushrooms to the pan and cook 2 - 3 minutes until soft, but not browned.
- Stir in the honey and mustard and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the whiskey and stock or broth and cook for 3 - 4 minutes or until reduced in half.
- Whisk in cream and cook 2 - 3 minutes more or until thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 706.4, Fat 59, SaturatedFat 26.9, Cholesterol 215.8, Sodium 276.6, Carbohydrate 4.8, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 2.1, Protein 34.7
PAN-FRIED GAELIC STEAK
Make and share this Pan-Fried Gaelic Steak recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Cinnamon1025
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Dry the steaks with a paper towel and season them with the black pepper.
- Heat butter& oil in a frying pan and add steaks.
- Cook steaks on medium heat to your preferred doneness, turning over once half way through.
- Remove steaks to a warm plate and pour off the fat from the pan.
- Return pan to stove and add whiskey.
- Stir, being sure to scrape up dripping from the pan bottom.
- Reduce heat and add cream.
- Simmer for few minutes, until the cream thickens.
- Season sauce with salt and pepper, and pour over the steaks.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1014.4, Fat 77.8, SaturatedFat 35.9, Cholesterol 311.3, Sodium 201.7, Carbohydrate 1.7, Sugar 0.1, Protein 65
More about "irish steaks recipes"
IRISH BEEF AND GUINNESS STEW - RECIPETIN EATS
GRILLED IRISH FLANK STEAK RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
BEST IRISH STEW RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE IRISH STEW - DELISH
IRISH BEEF STEW - DAMN DELICIOUS
IRISH STEAK AND CHIPS RECIPE - IRELAND CALLING
IRISH STEAKS - COVEREDRECIPE
TRADITIONAL IRISH STEW RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
IRISH STEW RECIPE - DINNER AT THE ZOO
FILET STEAKS WITH AN IRISH WHISKY & CREAM PAN SAUCE
THE ULTIMATE IRISH STEAK SANDWICH RECIPE - GLUTEN-FREE …
IRISH STEW RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
10 BEST TRADITIONAL IRISH BEEF RECIPES - YUMMLY
EASY IRISH STEW RECIPE: AN AUTHENTIC BEEF STEW FROM …
10+ BEST IRISH STEW RECIPES - HOW TO MAKE IRISH STEW
IRISH STEAKS | PUNCHFORK
TRADITIONAL GAELIC IRISH STEAK WITH IRISH WHISKEY : RECIPES : COOKING ...
IRISH STEAKS | KEEPRECIPES: YOUR UNIVERSAL RECIPE BOX
BEST IRISH STEAK & ALE STEW RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
IRISH STEAKS | RECIPE | BEEF STEAK RECIPES, COOKING, COOKING RECIPES
FLAVOR LOADED GUINNESS MARINATED STEAKS - IRISH AMERICAN MOM
IRISH STEAKS RECIPE | KEEPRECIPES: YOUR UNIVERSAL RECIPE BOX
IRISH STEAKS | RECIPE | RECIPES, IRISH RECIPES, COOKING RECIPES
10 BEST IRISH BEEF STEAK RECIPES | YUMMLY
IRISH STEAKS | RECIPESTY
IRISH STEAK & ALE STEW | METRO
THE PERFECT CERTIFIED IRISH ANGUS STEAK SANDWICH
IRISH STEAKS - EUROPEAN RECIPES
IRISH STUFFED PORK STEAK WITH APPLE AND CIDER SAUCE RECIPE
HOW TO MAKE TRADITIONAL IRISH STEW - EASY IRISH FOOD RECIPES
TRADITIONAL IRISH STEW - READER'S DIGEST CANADA
SLOW-COOKER IRISH STEW: HOW TO MAKE IT - TASTE OF HOME
HOW TO COOK THE PERFECT IRISH STEW | FOOD | THE GUARDIAN
TRADITIONAL IRISH BEEF AND GUINNESS STEW - THE DARING GOURMET
IRISH STEAKS - NONONSENSE.RECIPES
CAST IRON SKILLET RECIPES: 31+ AMAZINGLY TASTY SKILLET RECIPES!
TRADITIONAL GAELIC IRISH STEAK WITH IRISH WHISKEY - FOOD NETWORK
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love