SPICE ISLANDS HOLIDAY HERB BASTE FOR TURKEY
- Blend butter with remaining ingredients.
- Stuff turkey or season with salt and pepper. As desired.
- Rub half the herb butter under skin of turkey.
- Cook turkey according to your favorite method, basting with herb butter every half hour until done.
FLOATING ISLAND PUNCH
- Bring water to a boil. Add the sugar and boil until it becomes a syrup. Let cool.
- In a punch bowl combine lemonade, orange juice, ginger ale, and carbonated water. Mix in the sugar syrup. Add ice and sherbet. Just before serving add cherries and cherry juice and float orange slices on top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 171.5 calories, Carbohydrate 43.6 g, Fat 0.1 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 0.6 g, Sodium 8.9 mg, Sugar 41.2 g
A tropical take on the holiday classic egg nog, without the fuss of cracking any eggs. Using coconut puree or sorbet, the texture is still full, and creamy. Cinnamon forward instead of nutmeg. Recipe courtesy Jane Danger.
Provided by Food.com
Yield 16 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- For the Ice Ring:.
- In the bottom of the ring mold, alternate lime wedges and pineapple triangle. Cover with ice water and freeze for 1 hour to hold fruit in place. Top with more ice water and freeze overnight.
- For the Simple Syrup:.
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar, cinnamon, and water to a boil; simmer until the sugar is dissolved, 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and let steep overnight. Strain and reserve cinnamon sticks. Will keep refrigerated for one month.
- For the Punch:.
- In a large bowl or pitcher, whisk together the coconut puree and pineapple juice to loosen the coconut puree. Whisk in remaining punch ingredients and transfer to a punch bowl. Unmold ice ring by quickly dipping into warm water. Float ice ring in punch.
- Ladle into tea cups, small coffee, or small/single rocks glass. Garnish with lime wedge and cinnamon stick. Serve.
More about "island holiday recipes"
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #for-large-groups #beverages #cocktails #number-of-servings
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions