ONE-POT ITALIAN BEAN AND SAUSAGE PASTA
Pasta lovers in search of a different twist on your favorite dish, look no further. This one-pot pairs campanelle pasta with spicy Italian sausage and creamy cannellini beans in a tomato sauce that's guaranteed to warm you up on a cold night.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add sausages; cook 4 to 6 minutes, turning occasionally, until sausages are browned on all sides. Add pasta, chicken broth, tomato paste and salt. Heat to boiling; cover, reduce heat and cook 9 to 11 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pasta is al dente and most of liquid is absorbed.
- Remove skillet from heat. Remove sausages, cut into 1/2-inch slices, and return to skillet with crushed tomatoes and beans. Cook over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until hot. Stir in Parmesan cheese, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 740, Carbohydrate 78 g, Cholesterol 55 mg, Fat 1/2, Fiber 8 g, Protein 37 g, SaturatedFat 11 g, ServingSize 2 1/4 Cups, Sodium 1910 mg, Sugar 10 g, TransFat 0 g
PASTA AND BEANS
- In a medium size saucepan heat the olive oil. Saute onion until tender. Stir in tomatoes and entire can of beans. Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add penne pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Mix pasta with bean mixture and salt as desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 278.5 calories, Carbohydrate 46 g, Fat 6.4 g, Fiber 6.1 g, Protein 9.8 g, SaturatedFat 0.9 g, Sodium 227.5 mg, Sugar 4 g
ITALIAN PASTA AND BEANS (PASTA FAGGIOLI)
A totally vegetarian, healthy dish that is delicious and comforting. Loaded with fiber, low in fat and calories...healthy doesn't get much better than this! Serve with crusty Italian or French bread :)
Provided by Karen..
Yield 8 cups, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Cook pasta as box instructs, in boiling salted water.
- While pasta is cooking, heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat until hot.
- Add onion, carrot and celery and cook for 15 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic and cook one minute more.
- Add beans, tomatoes, salt, pepper, and water and heat to boiling over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low-med heat and simmer, uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Stir in drained pasta, cheese and parsley and cook until heated through.
PASTA AND BEANS: PASTA E FAGIOLI
I could live on this recipe -- a quick version of my Gran'pa Emmanuel's masterwork.
Provided by Rachael Ray : Food Network
Yield 6 BIG servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Heat a deep pot over medium high heat and add oil and pancetta. Brown the pancetta bits lightly, and add herb stems, bay leaf, chopped vegetables, and garlic. Season vegetables with salt and pepper. Add beans, tomato sauce, water, and stock to pot and raise heat to high. Bring soup to a rapid boil and add pasta. Reduce heat to medium and cook soup, stirring occasionally, 6 to 8 minutes or until pasta is cooked al dente. Rosemary and thyme leaves will separate from stems as soup cooks. Remove herb stems and bay leaf from soup and place pot on table on a trivet. Let soup rest and begin to cool for a few minutes. Ladle soup into bowls and top with lots of grated cheese. Pass crusty bread for bowl mopping.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 365 calorie, Fat 10 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Cholesterol 13 milligrams, Sodium 1101 milligrams, Carbohydrate 50 grams, Fiber 9 grams, Protein 18 grams, Sugar 8 grams
ITALIAN BEANS AND PASTA
"This hearty recipe calls for convenient pantry items, so it's extremely easy to prepare," writes Judy Henfey of Austin, Texas. "It's best served with warm bread on a cool, crisp day."
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large saucepan, combine the tomatoes, beans, spaghetti sauce, celery, onion and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Serve over pasta.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 205 calories, Fat 3g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 360mg sodium, Carbohydrate 36g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 9g fiber), Protein 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
ITALIAN BEAN & SAUSAGE PASTA
I got this off the back of a can of Italian Green beans. It is a quick one-pan meal and does not take too much time or heat up the house too much if made in the summer.
Provided by AZPARZYCH
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Cook pasta according to box and drain.
- Cooked slices sausage in large skillet over medium-high heat until browned.
- Stir in beans and undrained tomatoes.
- Bring to boil and then reduce to low.
- Simmer uncovered 3-5 minutes
- Stir in pasta and cook until heated through 2-3 minutes.
- Top with cheese after plated.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 455.2, Fat 18, SaturatedFat 6.9, Cholesterol 40, Sodium 844.7, Carbohydrate 53.9, Fiber 5.6, Sugar 9.2, Protein 20.6
PASTA AND BEANS (PASTA E FAGIOLI)
- In a 3-quart saucepan, combine the oil, garlic, and hot pepper flakes over medium-low heat. As soon as the garlic begins to color, add the tomatoes and salt. With a wooden spoon, break up the larger pieces of tomato. Increase the heat slightly and sizzle for about 5 minutes. Stir in the cooked beans and enough bean water to cover. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Lower the heat and simmer gently for 5 minutes. Stir in the cooked pasta and simmer gently over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add reserved pasta water if necessary.
More about "italian beans and pasta recipes"
PASTA E FAGIOLI AKA PASTA AND BEANS (AND A LITTLE RANT ...
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
- Boil the pasta according to the directions on the package until it is almost al dente (a little hard, not completely cooked). Remove some water, (but reserve to use later, if needed); I usually try to make the water level with the pasta.
- Stir thoroughly, and just let the pasta start to come to a boil, then remove from heat. Ladle into serving bowls, add grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, if desired, and dinner is served!
PASTA E FAGIOLI (ITALIAN PASTA AND BEANS) - BOWL OF DELICIOUS
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the pancetta or bacon, onions, carrots, celery, and rosemary. Cook for about 5 minutes, until softened and starting to brown, stirring occasionally.
- Add HALF of the drained and rinsed cannellini beans, the crushed tomatoes, and the chicken stock. Use an immersion blender to puree everything directly in the pot for a few seconds. It shouldn't be perfectly smooth, but some of the beans and veggies should be mashed to thicken the mixture. See notes if you don't have an immersion blender.
- Bring the mixture to a boil. Turn the heat down to low, and add the rest of the beans and the pasta, as well as the 1 teaspoon of kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper. Simmer, covered, until pasta is cooked (about 10 minutes).
PASTA E FAGIOLI RECIPE (ITALIAN PASTA AND BEANS) - COOKIE ...
- In a large Dutch oven or soup pot over medium heat, warm 3 tablespoons of the olive oil until shimmering. Add the chopped onion, carrot, celery, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, and about 10 twists of black pepper. Cook, stirring often, until the vegetables have softened and the onions are turning translucent, about 6 to 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the tomatoes, stir, and cook until the tomatoes are bubbling all over. Add the broth, water, bay leaves, oregano, and red pepper flakes.
- Raise the heat to medium-high and bring the mixture to a simmer. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, and reducing the heat as necessary to maintain a gentle simmer.
- Use a heat-safe measuring cup to transfer about 1 1/2 cups of the soup (avoiding the bay leaves) to a blender. Add about 3/4 cup of the drained beans. Securely fasten the lid and blend until completely smooth, being careful to avoid hot steam escaping from the lid. Pour the blended mixture back into the soup.
ITALIAN PASTA AND BEANS | PASTA E FAGIOLI RECIPE - RECIPES ...
5/5 (6)Category Soup RecipesCuisine ItalianTotal Time 1 hr
- In a large soup pot, sauté over medium heat in 6 tablespoons of the extra virgin olive oil, the garlic cloves, the sprig of rosemary and the sage leaves
- When the garlic is golden (2/3 minutes), remove it from the soup pot; remove the sage and rosemary as well
- Add the chopped onion, carrot and celery you set aside. Cook for about 5 minutes on medium heat, stirring often
BEST PASTA FAGIOLI RECIPE | FAGIOLI PASTA | FAGIOLI RECIPE
- Step 1. Add 2 tablespoons of EVOO to a deep pot. When the oil shimmers, add the onions, rosemary and bay leaves. Cook until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Step 2. Add 3 and ⅓ cups of borlotti beans (see notes). Remove the rosemary and bay leaves. Mix and cook for 3 minutes.
- Step 3. Remove the rosemary and bay leaves, add 6 cups of vegetable stock. Let it simmer for 10 minutes and remove 1/3 of the contents of the pot. Make sure you remove the beans and liquid as well.
PASTA BEANS - THE ORIGINAL ITALIAN 'PASTA E FAGIOLI ...
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
ITALIAN SAUSAGE PASTA WITH WHITE BEANS RECIPE - FOOD …
5/5 (4)Total Time 45 minsCategory DinnersCalories 600 per serving
SPAGHETTI WITH STRING BEANS - SPAGHETTI CON FAGIOLINI
3/5 (1)Servings 4
ITALIAN BEAN SOUP WITH FRESH PASTA | CHRISTOPHER …
Servings 4Total Time 40 minsCategory Mains
BROAD BEANS PASTA | ITALIANPOT.COM | AUTHENTIC ITALIAN …
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
PASTA AND BEANS - PASTA E FAGIOLI - AUTHENTIC ITALIAN ...
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
10 BEST PASTA WITH WHITE BEANS RECIPES | YUMMLY
PASTA AND BEANS (PASTA E FAGIOLI) - ORIGINAL ITALIAN …
PASTA E FAGIOLI RECIPE (PASTA FAZOOL): ITALIAN SOUP ...
PASTA E FAGIOLI (ITALIAN PASTA WITH BEANS) • CURIOUS ...
- In a 4 quart soup pot, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the onions and garlic. Saute 2-3 minutes, until the onions start to soften. Add the carrots and celery and sauté for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Add the broth, tomatoes, cooked beans, bay, thyme, and rosemary. Bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Add the dry pasta and simmer until the pasta is just al dente (roughly 8 minutes). (The pasta will continue to cook and soften as it sets in the hot soup.)
PASTA WITH BEANS IS A SOUPS BY MY ITALIAN RECIPES
- Soak the beans for 12 hours. Cook the beans in boiling water for 45 minutes: every 15 minutes change the cooking water; add salt for the last 15 minutes.
CANNED CANNELLINI BEANS: TRY OUR BEST AND TASTY RECIPES ...
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
10 BEST TUSCAN PASTA WITH CANNELLINI BEANS RECIPES | YUMMLY
BEEF AND BEANS PASTA RECIPES - YAKCOOK.COM
PASTA E FAGIOLI (PASTA AND BEANS) – TIONG BAHRU KITCHEN ...
ITALIAN PASTA AND BEANS RECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook beans and pasta in the oven?Add the boiled beans and cook over medium heat for about 1 minute. Add one glass of water and a pinch of salt, then cover with a lid and cook for about 10 minutes. Finally add 1 glass of water, bring to a boil and then add the pasta. Cook the pasta al dente following the cooking times on the package.
How to cook beans and pasta in a crock pot?Directions. Stir in the cooked beans and enough bean water to cover. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Lower the heat and simmer gently for 5 minutes. Stir in the cooked pasta and simmer gently over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add reserved pasta water if necessary. This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional.
Why Italian pasta and beans?The Italian tradition is rich with pasta and beans recipes, which depend on the region they belong to, but which are also transmitted from generation to generation. A recipe so loved that we have a summer version, made with fresh beans.
What is Tuscan white bean pasta?This Tuscan White Bean Pasta is definitely my type of recipe. It’s quick, uses a lot of fresh ingredients, is very filling, and flavorful. This pasta packs protein (white beans and parmesan), veggies (tomatoes and spinach), and carbohydrates (pasta), making it a great one-dish meal.