CHEF JOHN'S GRILLED GARLIC AND HERB SHRIMP
This grilled garlic and herb shrimp recipe is very easy, IF you can just walk out into the backyard, and pick a handful of your own fresh, green sprigs. However, these are so amazingly delicious, if you don't have a garden, then do splurge and buy a bunch of all the herbs. And get the extra large shrimp so they can grill longer and get maximum caramelization.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Place salt, lemon zest, and 3 cloves garlic in bowl of a mortar and pestle. Pound with the pestle until mixture begins to form a paste, about 2 minutes. Add chopped basil, parsley, oregano, and thyme and pound with pestle until mixture begin to come together, about 5 minutes.
- Drizzle about 1 tablespoon of the olive oil into herb mixture. Grind together until mixture begins to form a sauce for marinating, about 1 minute. Pour in the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil. Stir mixture with a spoon until mixture is thoroughly combined, adding additional olive oil as needed. Mixture should be fairly thick but pourable.
- Place shrimp in a large bowl and mix in about 2/3 of the sauce, reserving 1/3 for serving. Stir until shrimp are evenly coated with the sauce, about 2 minutes. Transfer shrimp to a resealable plastic bag. Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining sauce.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Thread shrimp onto skewers (pierce each twice, once through large part of shrimp, once through small part). Place skewers on hot grill. Cook on each side until shrimp are bright pink and opaque and exterior is beginning to caramelize, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer skewers to serving platter.
- Pour remaining sauce into mixing bowl. Whisk in 1 tablespoon olive oil, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper. Spoon sauce over shrimp. Serve with lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 223.2 calories, Carbohydrate 1.9 g, Cholesterol 230.4 mg, Fat 12.6 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 25.1 g, SaturatedFat 1.9 g, Sodium 772.5 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
SHRIMP SCAMPI WITH LINGUINI
Dine seaside tonight with Tyler Florence's Shrimp Scampi with Linguini recipe from Food Network: Lemon, garlic and white wine meet hearty shrimp and pasta.
Provided by Tyler Florence
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- For the pasta, put a large pot of water on the stove to boil. When it has come to the boil, add a couple of tablespoons of salt and the linguini. Stir to make sure the pasta separates; cover. When the water returns to a boil, cook for about 6 to 8 minutes or until the pasta is not quite done. Drain the pasta.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter in 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Saute the shallots, garlic, and red pepper flakes (if using) until the shallots are translucent, about 3 to 4 minutes. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper; add them to the pan and cook until they have turned pink, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the shrimp from the pan; set aside and keep warm. Add wine and lemon juice and bring to a boil. Add 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons oil. When the butter has melted, return the shrimp to the pan along with the parsley and cooked pasta. Stir well and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle over a bit more olive oil and serve immediately.
SIMPLE GARLIC & BUTTER SHRIMP WITH SPAGHETTI (SHRIMP SCAMPI)
Provided by Christina Conte (Christina's Cucina)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Cook the spaghetti as directed on the box. While it is simmering, make the shrimp and sauce.
- Rinse, then dry the shrimp in paper towel.
- Place the olive oil and 1 tbsp of the butter in a sauté pan over medium high heat. Add the minced garlic and cook for about 2 minutes, then add the parsley.
- Turn the heat up, then add the shrimp.
- The shrimp will only need to cook for about 4 or 5 minutes, so as soon as they turn pink, turn them over and make sure they are evenly cooked. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Add a little white wine (or water from the pasta that's cooking), and the other 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Stir well and remove from heat. Cover to keep warm until the pasta is ready.
- Drain the pasta and place in a bowl with the shrimp and sauce added on top. Stir to coat the pasta.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 494 calories, Carbohydrate 65 grams carbohydrates, Cholesterol 0 milligrams cholesterol, Fat 14 grams fat, Fiber 0 grams fiber, Protein 24 grams protein, ServingSize 1 bowl, Sodium 0 grams sodium, Sugar 0 grams sugar
GRILLED SHRIMP SCAMPI
Provided by Bobby Flay
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Put the shrimp in a large baking dish.
- Combine the canola oil, garlic, red pepper flakes and fennel seed in a small food processor and process until the garlic is somewhat paste-like. Pour this mixture over the shrimp and let them marinate for 30 minutes.
- Light a grill to high heat.
- Strain the shrimp from the marinade and season them with salt and black pepper, to taste. Grill the shrimp on both sides until they are slightly charred and just cooked through, about 2 minutes per side (see Cook's Note). Transfer the shrimp to a plate.
- Melt the butter in a large saute pan set over the grates of the grill. Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, tarragon and thyme leaves and cook for 30 seconds. Add the shrimp and cook, tossing once, about 1 minute. Finish with the parsley and adjust the seasonings, if necessary. Transfer the shrimp to a serving platter and garnish with thyme and parsley.
- With a sharp knife, cut shrimp in half so that the meat is exposed in the shell.
- In a small saucepan, heat olive oil and lightly fry the garlic until just softened. Add butter and Oregano. Heat until butter has melted.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil grate.
- Lay shrimp out on a tray and brush generously with the butter mixture. Grill shrimp until lightly golden.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 154.1 calories, Carbohydrate 1 g, Cholesterol 57.1 mg, Fat 15.2 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 3.8 g, SaturatedFat 7.8 g, Sodium 108.2 mg
ITALIAN GRILLED SHRIMP SCAMPI
- Split each shrimp on underside down to tail, try to avoid cutting meat (use sharp knife or scissors).
- Put shrimp in bowl with remaining ingredients.
- Stir well to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Push onto skewers and grill shrimp 6 inches from heat over a low charcoal fire.
- Turn frequently.
- takes about 15 minutes.
- Serve skewered shrimp scampi with garlic butter.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 218.6, Fat 13.5, SaturatedFat 1.8, Cholesterol 190.7, Sodium 857.2, Carbohydrate 2.9, Fiber 0.1, Sugar 0.3, Protein 20.7
SHRIMP SCAMPI OVER PASTA
- Serve and enjoy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 233 kcal, Carbohydrate 20 g, Cholesterol 148 mg, Fiber 1 g, Protein 20 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Sodium 737 mg, Sugar 1 g, Fat 8 g, ServingSize 4 portions (4 servings), UnsaturatedFat 0 g
GRILLED SHRIMP SCAMPI
- In a large, non-reactive bowl, stir together the olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, garlic, and black pepper. Season with crushed red pepper, if desired. Add shrimp, and toss to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill for high heat. Thread shrimp onto skewers, piercing once near the tail and once near the head. Discard any remaining marinade.
- Lightly oil grill grate. Grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until opaque.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 173.1 calories, Carbohydrate 1.6 g, Cholesterol 172.6 mg, Fat 10 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 18.7 g, SaturatedFat 1.5 g, Sodium 199.9 mg, Sugar 0.3 g
More about "italian grilled shrimp scampi recipes"
GRILLED SHRIMP SCAMPI WITH LEMON-GARLIC BUTTER - STRIPED ...
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
- Devein shrimp: Using a paring knife or a pair of kitchen shears, carefully make a shallow cut along the back of the shrimp (the curved side), in the middle, from the tip to where the tails begin. Use the tip of your knife or shears to remove the dark vein. Leave shells on the shrimp, loosening them just slightly so that the marinade can seep between the shells and meat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, shallots, parsley, salt, and pepper. Add shrimp and toss to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate, refrigerated, 45 minutes. Remove from the refrigerator 15 minutes before grilling, and let stand at room temperature (approximately 70 degrees F), for a total marinating time of an hour.
- When you remove the shrimp from the refrigerator, preheat grill over medium-high heat and lightly oil the grates.
- In a small saucepan, melt together butter and extra virgin olive oil. Remove from heat, stir in garlic, stirring until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add salt, lemon juice and zest, scallions, parsley, and red pepper flakes, if using. Keep warm until ready to serve.
EASY SHRIMP SCAMPI A CLASSIC ITALIAN-AMERICAN RECIPE OVER ...
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
- Peel and devein shrimp. Make angel hair pasta 1 or 2 minutes less than directions. Do not overcook. Place in ovenproof dish and keep warm. Use 1 tablespoon butter and saute the breadcrumbs until light brown. Put aside.
- Dissolve salt and sugar in 1-quart water in large container. Submerge shrimp in brine, cover, and refrigerate for 15 minutes in the refrigerator. Remove shrimp from brine and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a 12-inch skillet, saute garlic in butter and oil until tender. Add the pepper flakes, oregano, black pepper, lemon juice, wine, and stock. Bring to a simmer. Add the shrimp and stir for 2-3 minutes until the shrimp turn pink. It may take a little longer -- but DON'T overcook. When they are pink they are done.
- Pour the shrimp with juices over the capellini (angel hair). Make sure the juices mix with the pasta. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, and parsley. Broil 6 inches from heat for 2-3 minutes or until topping is nice and golden.
RECETA ITALIAN SHRIMP SCAMPI - COCINARCOMERCOMPARTIR
- Peel, devein, and butterfly the shrimp, leaving the tails on if you like. Place shrimp in a mixing bowl and toss gently with olive oil, wine, 2 tsp salt, and 1 tsp pepper. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mash the butter and garlic, shallots, parsley, rosemary, red pepper flakes, lemon zest, lemon juice, egg yolk, panko, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper until well mixed.
- In a shallow, oven proof serving dish, arrange the shrimp in a single layer butterflied side own with tails curling up and toward the center of the dish. Pour the remaining marinade over shrimp. Spread the butter mixture evenly over the shrimp. It's a little tricky to spread it evenly, just do your best as it will melt and disperse when baked.
GRILLED SHRIMP SCAMPI - PAUL PIAZZA SHRIMP
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
GRILLED SHRIMP SCAMPI RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
Calories 322Saturated Fat 6g 32%Cholesterol 247mg 82%Total Fat 18g 23%
ITALIAN-AMERICAN SHRIMP SCAMPI RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
SHRIMP SCAMPI IS THE ULTIMATE ITALIAN SHRIMP RECIPE WITH ...
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
CARRABBA'S ITALIAN GRILL COPYCAT RECIPES: SHRIMP SCAMPI ...
Estimated Reading Time 8 mins
GRILLED SHRIMP SCAMPI RECIPE - BELLY FULL
ITALIAN GRILLED SHRIMP SCAMPI - TFRECIPES.COM
ITALIAN GRILLED SHRIMP SCAMPI RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
SHRIMP SCAMPI RECIPE (OLIVE GARDEN COPYCAT) | RECIPES.NET
GRILLED SALMON SCAMPI SPAGHETTI RECIPES
BEST GRILLED SHRIMP RECIPES - YAKCOOK.COM
RECIPE OF SUPER QUICK HOMEMADE SHRIMP WITH SCAMPI ITALIAN ...
SHRIMP SCAMPI - LIDIA
RECIPE: GRILLED SHRIMP SCAMPI
ITALIAN GRILLED SHRIMP SCAMPI RECIPE | CHAMPSDIET.COM
#weeknight #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #very-low-carbs #lunch #main-dish #eggs-dairy #pasta #seafood #easy #european #beginner-cook #potluck #dinner-party #finger-food #heirloom-historical #holiday-event #kid-friendly #romantic #italian #shrimp #stove-top #dietary #seasonal #comfort-food #low-carb #wedding #low-in-something #pasta-rice-and-grains #shellfish #taste-mood #to-go #equipment #presentation #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love