ITALIAN VEGETABLE MEDLEY (MICROWAVE)
- Place frozen vegetables and water in microwave-safe bowl and cook in microwave per package directions.
- Meanwhile, combine cheese, bread crumbs, garlic powder, seasoned salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Remove vegetables from microwave and drain; stir in butter.
- Sprinkle cheese mixture over vegetables and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 38.4, Fat 3.6, SaturatedFat 2.3, Cholesterol 9.8, Sodium 72.2, Carbohydrate 0.5, Fiber 0.1, Sugar 0.1, Protein 1.1
SAUTEED VEGETABLE MEDLEY
- Toss vegetables together in a medium bowl.
- In a medium saute pan, heat the butter and water together over medium heat. Add the vegetables to the pan and turn the heat to medium high. Toss the vegetables, by gently moving the pan back and forth over the flame. Cook the vegetables for 3 to 4 minutes, or until heated through. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer the vegetables to a serving bowl and serve immediately.
- Cook the vegetables in 1 to 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or butter, without the water. Do this over high heat and brown and crisp the vegetables slightly.
- Add 1 to 2 teaspoons of minced garlic, minced shallot, a teaspoon of grated peeled fresh ginger to the pan before adding the vegetables. - Enhance the vegetables at the end of cooking with a tablespoon or so of minced fresh herbs, like chopped flat-leaf parsley, dill, mint, basil, cilantro, or thyme.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and salt it generously. Fill a large bowl with ice water, and put a colander or strainer in it. Add the vegetable to the boiling water and cook, uncovered, until crisp tender, or the desired degree of doneness. Scoop the vegetable from the water and immediately put them in the ice water, to stop the cooking and set their color. Cool and drain, and use as desired. When blanching a mix of vegetables, don't cook them together since they may not all cook at the same time. Start with the lightest colored or mildest flavored vegetable, and blanch and refresh each vegetable, one after the other, until cooked as desired.
ITALIAN VEGETABLE MEDLEY
Round out a variety of menus with this side dish that lends a delicious pop of color. "If you have them, use leftover veggies. People are always surprised at how easy this dish is!" Margaret Wilson - Sun City, CA
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Microwave vegetables according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the cheese, bread crumbs, garlic powder, seasoned salt and pepper. Drain vegetables; stir in butter. Sprinkle with cheese mixture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 79 calories, Fat 4g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 10mg cholesterol, Sodium 174mg sodium, Carbohydrate 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
CREAMY VEGETABLE MEDLEY
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cook vegetables according to package directions; drain. In a large bowl combine vegetables, mushroom soup, 1/2 cup cheese, sour cream, 1/2 can fried onions and pepper. Transfer to a deep pie plate.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and fried onions; bake 5 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 279.1 calories, Carbohydrate 20 g, Cholesterol 25.4 mg, Fat 18.8 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 8.4 g, SaturatedFat 8.3 g, Sodium 599.2 mg, Sugar 0.9 g
ITALIAN VEGETABLE MEDLEY
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Place olive oil and garlic in a 2 1/2 - or 3-quart microwavable dish. Add eggplant, zucchini, summer squash, mushrooms, onion, and Italian seasoning. Cover with a glass lid or plastic wrap, turning one edge back. Microwave at 100% power (700 watts) 5 to 6 minutes until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring after 3 minutes.Stir in tomato and Parmesan cheese. Microwave, covered, at 100% power 4 to 5 minutes until vegetables are tender, stirring after 3 minutes.Sprinkle vegetables with salt and stir well. Top with mozzarella or Monterey Jack cheese. Cover and let stand 2 minutes or until cheese melts.Serve over hot cooked pasta or as a side dish with grilled or broiled steak.
Nutrition Facts : Nutritional Facts Serves
ROASTED VEGETABLE MEDLEY
This colorful dish has the perfect blend of sweet and savory. It is simple to prepare and can be served as a side dish, salad, or light meal. Feel free to substitute whatever veggies and herbs you have on hand.
Provided by Lorelei
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease 2 baking sheets with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Place the yams, parsnips, and carrots onto the baking sheets. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, then add the zucchini and asparagus, and drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Continue baking until all of the vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes more. Once tender, remove from the oven, and allow to cool for 30 minutes on the baking sheet.
- Toss the roasted peppers together with the garlic, basil, salt, and pepper in a large bowl until combined. Add the roasted vegetables, and toss to mix. Serve at room temperature or cold.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 190.7 calories, Carbohydrate 34.6 g, Fat 5 g, Fiber 7.5 g, Protein 4 g, SaturatedFat 0.7 g, Sodium 256.5 mg, Sugar 5.5 g
More about "italian vegetable medley microwave recipes"
SUMMER VEGGIE MEDLEY | MRFOOD.COM
ITALIAN VEGETABLE MEDLEY RECIPE - LOW CARB
MEDITERRANEAN STYLE YELLOW SQUASH MICROWAVE MEDLEY RECIPE
MICROWAVE VEGETABLE MEDLEY RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
FEED MICROWAVE RECIPES | GOODTOKNOW
MICROWAVE VEGETABLE MEDLEY RECIPE BY MICROWAVE.LADY | IFOOD.TV
RECIPETHING - ITALIAN VEGETABLE MEDLEY
ROASTED ITALIAN VEGGIE MEDLEY / THE GRATEFUL GIRL COOKS!
MICROWAVE VEGETABLE MEDLEY - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
ITALIAN VEGETABLE MEDLEY (FOR MICROWAVE) RECIPE - FARM AND DAIRY
ITALIAN VEGETABLE MEDLEY MICROWAVE RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
ITALIAN VEGETABLE MEDLEY (MICROWAVE) - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
COLORFUL VEGETABLE MEDLEY WITH CHIVE AIOLI RECIPE | MYRECIPES
ITALIAN VEGETABLE CASSEROLE | A MIND "FULL" MOM
BEST COOKING CARROT RECIPES: ITALIAN VEGETABLE MEDLEY
ITALIAN ROASTED VEGETABLE MEDLEY RECIPE
ITALIAN VEGETABLE MEDLEY RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
FALL GARDEN MEDLEY RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - FOOD NEWS
ITALIAN VEGGIE MEDLEY | MRFOOD.COM
ITALIAN SQUASH MEDLEY | FARM FLAVOR RECIPE
COLORFUL VEGETABLE MEDLEY RECIPE BY MICROWAVE.LADY | IFOOD.TV
ITALIAN VEGETABLE MEDLEY - STEAMMASTERHOODCLEANING.COM
ITALIAN VEGETABLE MEDLEY RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF HOME
GREEN VEGETABLE MEDLEY | DINNER RECIPES | GOODTOKNOW
ITALIAN VEGETABLES | RECIPE | ITALIAN VEGETABLES, VEGETABLE MEDLEY ...
SWISS VEGETABLE MEDLEY - CARRIE’S EXPERIMENTAL KITCHEN
ITALIAN VEGETABLE MEDLEY RECIPE | TASTE OF HOME
ITALIAN VEGETABLE MEDLEY RECIPE | SAY MMM
BAKED ITALIAN VEGETABLE MEDLEY - MEAL PLANNING MOMMIES
VEGETABLE CHIP MEDLEY RECIPE | MYRECIPES
RECIPES FOR ITALIAN VEGETABLE MEDLEY WITH GROCERY LISTS AND …
ROASTED VEGETABLE MEDLEY RECIPE - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
VEGETABLE MEDLEY MICROWAVE RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
How to Make Giada's Grilled Vegetable Medley | Food Network162K views-05:02
How to Make Italian Vegetable Soup | Soup Recipe | Allrecipes.com40K views-04:09
Italian mixed vegetable recipe. Very healthy and very yummy.13K views-04:22
Spicy Italian Style Vegetable Soup Recipe - Lidia’s Kitchen Series80K views-08:46
Vegetable Medley with Sausage and Chicken | Keto | Low Carb | Cooking With Thatown2235 views-06:03
Beef Vegetable Medley in Chunky Tomato Sauce over Pasta Recipe2.3K views-04:13
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook vegetables in a microwave oven?Microwave vegetables according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the cheese, bread crumbs, garlic powder, seasoned salt and pepper. Drain vegetables; stir in butter. Sprinkle with cheese mixture.
What is your favorite Vegetable Medley recipe?A vegetable medley that is soooo good! Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish with oil. Spread sweet potatoes on the bottom, then top with red potatoes, onion, garlic, green bell peppers, red bell peppers and carrots. Sprinkle seasoning generously over all and cover dish with aluminum foil.
How to cook vegetables in the oven with olive oil?Grease 2 baking sheets with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Place the yams, parsnips, and carrots onto the baking sheets. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, then add the zucchini and asparagus, and drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Continue baking until all of the vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes more.
What is Swiss Vegetable Medley?Swiss Vegetable Medley is a classic 1980’s casserole side dish made with broccoli, carrots and cauliflower in a creamy mushroom and Swiss cheese sauce; then topped with fried onions. The famous Green Bean Casserole was created in 1955 and didn’t have competition until the 1980’s when this Swiss Vegetable Medley became a new household favorite.