JAMAICAN CURRY GOAT RECIPE
- Wash the goat meat in water with the vinegar and juice from the lime/lemon. Drain away all excess water.
- In a large enough bowl, season the meat with 1½ tablespoon of curry powder, salt, all-purpose seasoning, pimento, ginger, scotch bonnet pepper, scallion, onion, and garlic. Drizzle about 2-3 tablespoons of oil over the meat and rub the seasoning in and leave to marinate for a least 2 hours (overnight is best).
- Place a pot on medium heat and add about 2 tablespoon of cooking oil and the remaining one tablespoon curry powder. Let the oil heat up (make sure not to burn the curry powder).
- Add the goat meat and allow it to seared on all sides.
- Add enough water to the pot to cover the meat. Cover and leave to cook for an hour and 30 minutes to 2 hours or until meat tender. Occasionally, check to make sure enough water is always in the pot.
- Add the potato and fresh time and leave to simmer on low heat until the potato is cooked and sauce is thicken.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 20 kcal, Carbohydrate 4 g, Protein 1 g, Fat 1 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 294 mg, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 1 g, UnsaturatedFat 2 g, ServingSize 1 serving
JAMAICAN GOAT CURRY
Slow cooked goat stew Jamaican-style. This stew can be made on the stove-top or in the crockpot. Times reflect stove-top cooking. This can be made with lamb or beef in lieu of goat, as availability requires. Additional coconut milk or curry powder can be added to taste. Modified from simplyrecipes.com. Posted for ZWT9.
Provided by strawberrybird
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- If you can find Jamaican curry powder, use it and omit the allspice. If not, use regular curry powder and add the allspice to it. Add 6 tbsp of curry powder, more if you like it more spicy.
- Cut the meat into large chunks, maybe 2-3 inches across. Feel free to add the bones if you have them; you can remove them later.
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Mix in 2 tablespoons of the curry powder and heat until fragrant.
- Pat the meat dry and brown well in the curried oil. Do this in batches and don't overcrowd the pot. It may take a while to do this, maybe 30 minutes or so. Set the browned meat aside in a bowl. (When all the meat is browned, if you have bones, add them and brown them, too.).
- Add the onions and pepper to the pot and sauté, stirring from time to time, until the onions just start to brown, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle some salt over them as they cook. Add the ginger and garlic, mix well and sauté for another 1-2 minutes.
- Put the meat (and bones, if using) back into the pot, along with any juices left in the bowl. Mix well. Pour in the coconut milk and tomatoes and 4-5 tablespoons of the curry powder. Add 4 cups of water. Stir to combine. Add the thyme.
- If you want to cook on the stove, bring to a simmer and let it cook until the meat is falling-apart tender, which will take at least 2 hours. Longer if you have a mature goat. If you want to cook in a crockpot, transfer the mixture to the crockpot and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- If you have cooked the meat on the stove, add the potatoes when the meat is close to being done - tender but not falling apart. Cook about 30 minutes or until the potatoes are done. Then, skim the fat off the top of the pot if needed.
- If you cooked the meat in the crockpot, boil the potatoes until tender. Skim the layer of fat off the top of the curry, if needed, and mix in the potatoes.
- If you used bones, remove them before serving.
JAMAICAN CURRIED GOAT
- Combine goat meat, chile pepper, curry powder, garlic, salt, and black pepper in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate to allow flavors to blend, 1 hour to overnight.
- Remove goat meat mixture from bowl and pat dry, reserving marinade. Heat vegetable oil in a stockpot over medium-high heat. Cook meat in batches, browning on all sides, 5 to 6 minutes per batch. Transfer meat to a plate. Add onion and celery to the stockpot; cook and stir until onion begins to brown, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Stir browned goat meat into onion mixture. Add reserved marinade, vegetable broth, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 1 hour. Stir in potatoes; simmer until potatoes and meat are tender, 35 to 45 minutes more.
- Remove stockpot from heat, skim off surface fat, and remove bay leaf.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 238.3 calories, Carbohydrate 20.1 g, Cholesterol 53.2 mg, Fat 7.8 g, Fiber 3.4 g, Protein 21.9 g, SaturatedFat 1.5 g, Sodium 509.3 mg, Sugar 3.5 g
JAMAICAN CURRIED GOAT
- Add the goat meat, allspice, seasoning salt, 1 tablespoon minced garlic, 1 tablespoon grated ginger and 3 cups water to a pressure cooker. Cook on high pressure for 20 minutes.
- On the stovetop in a deep pot, add the oil, curry powder, 1 tablespoon minced garlic and 1 tablespoon grated ginger and cook over low heat until all the ingredients combine together in a paste, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the scallions and habanero peppers and let simmer 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the goat and cooking liquid to the curry paste. Add more water if necessary, and simmer until tender, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Be careful not to overcook as the meat will get mushy and fall apart.
- Add the potatoes to the meat mixture and simmer until the goat is tender and the potatoes are cooked, about 1/2 hour more. Serve hot with accompaniments.
JAMAICAN CURRIED GOAT
Jamaican chef Patrick Williams has created this delicious Curried Goat recipe. Make your own version, which is as authentic as you would find in Jamaica.
Provided by debicale
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Season the goat with the curry powder, thyme, pimento, black pepper and coriander seeds at least 6-8hrs before using it.
- Preheat oven to 150°C/300°F,gasmark 2. Heat oil in a pan and cook the goat pieces until golden brown.
- Soften the tomatoes, onions, peppers and garlic in some olive oil and add it to the meat. Immerse the ingredients in double their quantity of water or stock and bring to the boil.
- Remove from heat and place in preheated oven for 1-1 to 1½ hours, until goat is tender.
- When ready, remove goat from pan, simmer sauce till reduced by half, then return meat to pan and serve with rice and peas.
More about "jamaican goat curry recipes"
BEST JAMAICAN CURRY GOAT RECIPE | JAMAICAN LIFE & TRAVEL
5/5 Category Main DishCuisine JamaicanTotal Time 2 hrs 15 mins
- Step 2: Place meat in large bowl and add curry powder, chopped onion, scallion, garlic, ginger, thyme, scotch bonnet pepper, black pepper, seasoning salt, and salt: rub the seasonings into the meat. Cover the bowl or place the seasoned meat in a zip lock bag and leave to marinate for 2 hours or more.
- Step 3:Heat cooking oil in a heavy bottom skillet or Dutch oven pot, or pressure cooker over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the marinated meat and allow to brown slightly. Stir meat during the process to ensure browning is even.
- Step 4: If the choice for cooking is a regular pot, add about 4 cups of water to cover meat and cook on medium to high heat for 90 minutes or more, adding water throughout cooking as necessary, until meat is tender.
JAMAICAN GOAT CURRY RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
4.9/5 (9)Total Time 3 hrs 30 minsCuisine JamaicanCalories 459 per serving
JAMAICAN STYLE CURRY CHICKEN RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
CARIBBEAN CURRY GOAT WITH RICE AND PEAS - BUTTER BE READY
HOW TO COOK AUTHENTIC JAMAICAN CURRY GOAT RECIPE / …
JAMAICAN CURRY GOAT – JAMAICAN RECIPE
JAMAICAN GOAT CURRY RECIPE | OLIVEMAGAZINE
JAMAICAN CURRY GOAT – L&M MEAT DISTRIBUTING INC.
DELICIOUS JAMAICAN CURRY GOAT RECIPE (WITH VIDEO!) - ROXY CHOW …
JAMAICAN CURRY GOAT RECIPE - CARIBBEAN CUISINE
JAMAICAN CURRY GOAT - THAT GIRL COOKS HEALTHY
AUTHENTIC JAMAICAN CURRY GOAT RECIPE - SIMPLE & EASY
JAMAICAN GOAT (OR LAMB) CURRY - SHEPHERD SONG FARM
CURRY GOAT: THE BEST JAMAICAN RECIPE | COOK LIKE A JAMAICAN
JAMAICAN CURRY GOAT - IMMACULATE BITES
MISS G’S SIMPLE JAMAICAN CURRY CHICKEN RECIPE - PINTEREST.CA
JAMAICAN GOAT CURRY RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
JAMAICAN GOAT CURRY - THE PRETEND CHEF
GOAT CURRY RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE JAMAICAN STYLE CURRIED GOAT
JAMAICAN CURRY GOAT RECIPE - ORIGINAL FLAVA
CURRY GOAT · LEVI ROOTS
JAMAICAN GOAT CURRY RECIPE - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
JAMAICAN CURRY GOAT RECIPE - KISSES FOR BREAKFAST
JAMAICAN CURRY GOAT RECIPE - CANADIAN COOKING ADVENTURES
AUTHENTIC JAMAICAN CURRY GOAT – JAMAICAN RECIPE
JAMAICAN CURRY GOAT: CARIBBEAN CURRIED GOAT RECIPE
JAMAICAN CURRY GOAT (OVEN-COOKED) - KERRI-ANN'S KRAVINGS
JAMAICAN INSPIRED CURRY GOAT RECIPE - SAVORY THOUGHTS
JAMAICAN CURRY GOAT - MY FORKING LIFE
JAMAICAN CURRY GOAT - CHEF LOLA'S KITCHEN
CURRY GOAT ROTI RECIPE – JAMAICAN DINNERS
JAMAICAN GOAT CURRY RECIPE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
HOW TO MAKE JAMAICAN CURRY GOAT! - YOUTUBE
JAMAICAN CURRY GOAT RECIPE - JAMAICANS AND JAMAICA
RECIPE CURRIED GOAT - GRACE
JAMAICAN CURRY GOAT RECIPE
BEST JAMAICAN CURRY GOAT RECIPE — HOME WITH ANETA ALAEI
JAMAICAN CURRY GOAT RECIPE SIMPLY EASY TO MAKE SPICY GOAT CURRY
JAMAICAN GOAT CURRY RECIPE | PETE EVANS RECIPE | GOURMET TRAVELLER
JAMAICAN CURRY GOAT RECIPE. - CARIBBEANPOT.COM
#curries #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #north-american #main-dish #lamb-sheep #caribbean #crock-pot-slow-cooker #dietary #low-sodium #low-calorie #low-carb #low-in-something #meat #equipment #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook goat curry?Instructions 1 Season goat with, salt and pepper. ... 2 In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat, until hot, and then add the goat meat sauté stirring, frequently, any browned bits off the bottom of the pot, until ... 3 Then add curry, stir for about 1-2 minutes. More items...
How to make Jamaican got Curry?Here are the simple steps to make the best Jamaican got curry from scratch: First, set a large dutch oven over medium heat on the stovetop. Add the oil, and once hot, add in the goat meat, curry powder, coriander, and paprika. Stir to thoroughly coat the meat in the spices and brown on all sides.
What is Jamaican curry goat made of?What is Jamaican curry goat It is goat meat seasoned with scallion, garlic, ginger, thyme, onions, scotch bonnet pepper and curry powder, which is then slowly cooked until the meat is tender and the sauce is thick and creamy. In Jamaica, curry goat isn’t the ‘every Sunday’ type of dish.
What to serve with Jamaican goat curry?When the Jamaican Goat Curry is finished cooking, stir in 1 tablespoon of lime juice. Taste, then season with more lime juice, salt and pepper if needed. Sprinkle with a bit of chopped coriander for an extra pop of fresh flavor. Classic sides to enjoy with Jamaican Goat Curry are fluffy white rice or classic tender peas and rice.