QUICK CORNBREAD WITH HONEY-BUTTER
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray an 8-inch or 9-inch square pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, add egg and milk and whisk together with a fork to combine. Add creamed corn and stir to combine.
- Add the cornbread mix, using a spatula to combine with wet ingredients.
- Scrape cornbread mixture into the prepared pan and place in the preheated oven. Cook cornbread until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool a bit.
- In a small bowl, add softened butter and honey and stir to combine. Cut cornbread into pieces, and slather honey butter onto the warm cornbread.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 207 kcal, Carbohydrate 31 g, Cholesterol 72 mg, Fiber 1 g, Protein 5 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, Sodium 261 mg, Fat 9 g, ServingSize 1 pan (4 servings), UnsaturatedFat 3 g
Matt and Amy Bell, owners of the restaurant South on Main, usually avoid cooking contests. But the cornbread festival was different. "It's more of a community project than a competition," Matt says. "And it's directly outside the restaurant." The pair won the traditional category with their classic cornbread, a recipe developed by Amy's grandmother Nellie Mae. "You don't dare mess with family recipes," Matt says. "And if you do, you better make sure they can't tell."
Provided by Food Network
Yield 8 to 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and brush a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with vegetable oil.
- Whisk the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. In another bowl, whisk the egg, vegetable oil and buttermilk, then fold into the dry ingredients with a rubber spatula until just combined.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared baking dish and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a rack and let cool 15 minutes before serving.
CORNBREAD WITH FRESH OR FROZEN SWEET CORN
- Gather the ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Thoroughly grease a 9 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Sift together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt.
- Combine the half-and-half, eggs, butter (or shortening), and sugar (if using).
- Add half-and-half mixture to the flour mixture and combine just until the flour is moistened, no more than 10 to 15 seconds. Then fold in the corn, but don't overmix the batter or your cornbread will be too tough.
- Pour the batter into your prepared baking dish and bake the cornbread immediately.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cornbread comes out clean and the edge of the cornbread starts to separate from the baking dish. Cut into slices or squares. Serve and enjoy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 211 kcal, Carbohydrate 26 g, Cholesterol 64 mg, Fiber 2 g, Protein 5 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, Sodium 358 mg, Sugar 2 g, Fat 10 g, ServingSize 4 servings, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
CHEF JOHN'S RUSTIC ITALIAN CORN BREAD
I was speaking with my mother, Pauline, last week, and she told me about a bread she used to eat at her grandmother's house. She said it was basic Italian bread, but had some cornmeal in it, and was one of her favorites. I love to play food detective, so I took her description and went to work. I believe this is pretty close to what she remembers, and even if it's a bit off, it was still delicious.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Stir warm water, 1/2 cup bread flour, yeast, and sugar together in a bowl. Let stand until the yeast softens and forms a creamy mixture, about 40 minutes.
- Mix 1/2 cup cornmeal, olive oil, and salt into yeast mixture. Gradually add bread flour to yeast mixture until a dough pulls together.
- Knead dough on a lightly floured work surface until smooth and elastic, 10 to 12 minutes. Place dough in a large, lightly-oiled bowl and turn to coat. Cover with a damp towel and let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 2 hours.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and roll into a 14-inch wide rectangle. Roll dough, starting from the long-end, into a loaf, finishing seam-side down.
- Dust a baking sheet with 1 tablespoon cornmeal. Place loaf on baking sheet, cover with a dry towel, and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Place a shallow pan of water on the lower rack of the oven.
- Cut a 1/2-inch deep slash down the center of the loaf.
- Bake in preheated oven until the top is golden brown and the bottom of loaf sounds hollow when tapped, 35 to 40 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 102.7 calories, Carbohydrate 13.3 g, Fat 4.7 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 2.1 g, SaturatedFat 0.6 g, Sodium 440.4 mg, Sugar 0.2 g
I love tasting different cornbread recipes, and I have to admit, I think this is the best that I've ever tasted. Usually I have to put tons of butter on it, because it's so dry and just doesn't have much taste to it, but this recipe is very moist, and you can eat it alone, it's got a great sweet taste to it. Try it...and let me know what you think. Thanks to Betty Crockers Big Red Cookbook for this great recipe.
Provided by crazycookinmama
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat oven to 400³F.
- Grease bottom and side or round pan, 9x1 1/2 inches, or square pan, 8x8x2 inches, with shortening.
- Beat milk, butter and egg in large bowl with hand beater or wire whisk.
- Stir in remaining ingredients all at once just until flour is moistened (batter will be lumpy).
- Pour into pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve warm if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 169.6, Fat 5.5, SaturatedFat 3.1, Cholesterol 28.5, Sodium 242.1, Carbohydrate 27.3, Fiber 1.2, Sugar 8.4, Protein 3.3
I've tried many recipes for corn bread. But my family and friends agree my version is one of the best they've tasted. It turns our moist and delicious every time.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 9 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Combine the first five ingredients. Add milk, egg and butter; stir until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour batter into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts :
CORN AND CHEESE BREAD
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the corn, cornmeal, eggs, salt, baking soda and buttermilk. Stir well and add the shortening and one-half cup of the cheese. Stir to blend.
- Meanwhile, put the butter in a nine-inch skillet, preferably of black iron. Place it in the oven and heat until the butter melts without browning.
- Pour the batter into the skillet. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and bake 30 minutes or until the bread is firm and golden brown on top.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 273, UnsaturatedFat 9 grams, Carbohydrate 23 grams, Fat 17 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 7 grams, SaturatedFat 7 grams, Sodium 299 milligrams, Sugar 2 grams, TransFat 1 gram
JODIE'S CORN BREAD
This is one of the family favorites, especially when we have beans...or just because....I have been making this for ever and a day.....My family loves to eat it in buttermilk too...though I am not big on buttermilk I love it piled with butter.... the aroma is awesome and the color fantastic with the awesome flavor. It's great to add creamed corn to it, just cut the liquid in half. You might add green chili to it also.
Provided by JoSele Swopes @JODIE57
Categories Savory Breads
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 400* Spray cast large iron skillet or cake pan set aside...
- Place all dry ingredients in large bowl, mix...Add cooking oil, milk, stir well add eggs and continue to stir till mixture is cake batter consistency...if you need a bit more milk add by tablespoon till you have a batter. This is how I end up with moist cornbread.
- Pour into greased cast iron skillet or cake pan...Bake for 30 minutes or till knife inserted comes out clean...Top will be a nice golden brown....
More about "jodies corn bread recipes"
10 BEST JIFFY CORNBREAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
HOW TO MAKE JENNIFER GARNER'S CORNBREAD - TASTE OF HOME
CORNBREAD RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
EASY CORNBREAD RECIPE | MOIST, FLUFFY HOMEMADE …
20+ BEST JIFFY CORNBREAD MIX RECIPES - HOW TO USE …
30+ BEST HOMEMADE CORNBREAD RECIPES - DELISH
CORNBREAD | RICARDO
BEST CORNBREAD RECIPE - JOYFOODSUNSHINE
THE ULTIMATE JIFFY CORNBREAD RECIPE - THE KITCHEN …
EASY CORNBREAD RECIPE - JO COOKS
CORN BREAD - JAMIE COOKS IT UP
CORN BREAD | RECIPE | KITCHEN STORIES
25 BEST CORNBREAD RECIPES | EASY CORNBREAD RECIPE IDEAS | RECIPES ...
JODIES KITCHEN: MEXICAN CORNBREAD | MEXICAN CORNBREAD, …
JIFFY CORN BREAD HACK/THE BEST CORN BREAD RECIPE/ BY MANSA QUEEN
MARIE CALLENDER’S CORNBREAD RECIPE - PITCHFORK FOODIE FARMS
DORIE GREENSPAN’S QUICK CORNBREAD RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
AUNT JEMIMA’S FAMOUS CORNBREAD RECIPE - KITCHEN TRICKS
JUDY'S MISSISSIPPI CORNBREAD RECIPE - BAKER RECIPES®
MARIE CALLENDER’S CORNBREAD RECIPE - INSANELY GOOD
JODIES KITCHEN: SWEET CORNBREAD MUFFINS | SWEET CORNBREAD, SWEET ...
JENNY'S CORNBREAD | BAKED BREE
CORN BREAD | CANADIAN LIVING
JODIE'S BUTTER-PECAN CORNBREAD MUFFINS - BIGOVEN.COM
EASY CORN BREAD W/ WHIPPED HONEY BUTTER BY LIFE IS BUT A DISH
BASIC CORN BREAD - CHEF JOHN BESH
CORNBREAD RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
HOW TO MAKE MOM'S MOIST AND FLUFFY OLD FASHIONED CORNBREAD
JODIE'S CORN BREAD | RECIPE | BREAD, CORNBREAD, MOIST CORNBREAD
THE BEST JIFFY CORNBREAD RECIPE! • LOVE FROM THE OVEN
JIFFY CORNBREAD WITH CREAMED CORN RECIPE - KEY TO MY LIME
SWEET CORN BREAD (THE BEST RECIPE EVER!) | HIGH HEELS AND GRILLS
98 EASY AND TASTY JIFFY CORNBREAD RECIPES BY HOME COOKS
HENRY LODGE'S FAVORITE CORNBREAD - LODGE CAST IRON
10 BEST CORN BREAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
THE BEST CORNBREAD RECIPE EVER (FLUFFY & MOIST!) | AMBITIOUS KITCHEN
EASY HOMEMADE CORNBREAD RECIPE FROM SCRATCH - BUDGET BYTES
JIFFY CORNBREAD WITH CREAMED CORN - THE SEASONED MOM
THE BEST JIFFY CORNBREAD WITH BUTTERMILK THE G & M KITCHEN
You'll also love