KEFTAS - MOROCCO
- Clean and finely chop the mint.
- Mix all the ingredients really thoroughly in a big bowl.
- Form meatballs with your hands, not too big!
- Either cook these keftas in a pan with a little olive oil for 10 mintes, or thread them on skewers and grill them on the BBQ for 5 minutes or so.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 257.7, Fat 17.2, SaturatedFat 6.7, Cholesterol 77.1, Sodium 76.9, Carbohydrate 3, Fiber 0.7, Sugar 1.2, Protein 21.5
This is a twist on the traditional meatloaf! A lamb loaf is made with a generous amount of parsley and onion, and seasoned elegantly with lemon zest and allspice. Serve with pita bread or rice.
Provided by CZ24
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, mix together the parsley, onions, lamb, allspice, lemon zest, salt and butter until well blended. Use your hands for best results. Place in a baking dish, or pat into a 2 inch tall round on a baking sheet with sides. Arrange tomato slices on top.
- Bake uncovered for 50 minutes in the preheated oven, until no longer pink and the internal temperature has reached at least 160 degrees F (72 degrees C). Serve with pita bread or rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 192.4 calories, Carbohydrate 4.3 g, Cholesterol 57.8 mg, Fat 14 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 12.4 g, SaturatedFat 6.8 g, Sodium 541.5 mg, Sugar 1.8 g
More about "keftas morocco recipes"
MOROCCAN KEFTA RECIPE - GROUND BEEF OR LAMB KEBABS - …
4.4/5 (38)Total Time 30 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 489 per serving
- In a large bowl, combine the meat with the herbs and spices. Knead by hand for a minute or two to ensure the seasoning is evenly distributed.
- Shape the kefta into small sausage-like logs. Arrange the logs in a grill basket or thread and mold them onto skewers.
- Grill the kebabs over medium-hot coals several minutes per side or until evenly browned and cooked through but still juicy. Moroccan preference is for little to no pink so watch carefully to avoid avoid drying out the meat.
- Alternatively, the kefta can be baked in the oven. Preheat the oven to 350° F (180° C). Arrange the shaped meat on a rack set over a pan and bake until browned and cooked through, approximately 15 to 20 minutes. Time will depending on how thick the kefta was shaped.
KEFTA DYAL GHARB - TRADITIONAL MOROCCAN RECIPE FOR KEFTA ...
5/5 (1)Total Time 35 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 474 per serving
- First, use the machine to grind the meat and the fat. Then add the herbs and spices and grind a second time. Note: If you'll be freezing the kefta mixture, wait to add the grated onion until the day you thaw and use the kefta. That's because the onion does not freeze well.
- It's always useful to have a bowl of water handy. When we shape kefta, the hands tend to become sticky. Wetting our hands and pat drying them helps with shaping the rest of the kefta. Do this whenever you find it difficult to shape the ground meat.
- Prepare the brasero/bbq. Make sure the flames have enough time to calm down. Start grilling when you see the charcoal covered with a layer of grey-silver ash. This way you ensure the kefta will be grilled properly.Place rows of kefta fingers or burgers side by side in a grill basket as it will be easy to flip it later.
- My dad's traditional tip for serving a juicy kefta: the addition of a knob of butter over the pile of kefta fingers while still piping hot. The combination of the juice from the meat and the butter melting with the heat is something to die for. We used to rush on the plate and wipe a few drops of this juice with the bread. To all of us, it was as important as the Kefta itself.
MOROCCAN KEFTA - KOSHER COWBOY RECIPES FROM MOROCCO TO THE ...
Cuisine Middle Eastern, MoroccanCategory Dinner, Lunch, Main, MeatsServings 24Total Time 35 mins
- Add water and oil to the mixture. Shape the meat into meatballs 2 to 3 inches in diameter that you flatten with the palm of the hand to form a “Kefta.”
- Grill for 5 minutes each side or until kefta is firm. Optional: Broil in oven on second to the top rack for 5 minutes each side.
MOROCCAN KEFTAS (BURGERS) AND COUSCOUS WITH VEGGIES | RECIPE
Servings 5Category Mains
MOROCCAN KEFTAS FOR PASSOVER | RECIPE
Servings 5Category Mains , Appetizers
MOROCCAN BEEF KOFTAS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
4.5/5 (48)Total Time 34 minsCategory Entree, Lunch, DinnerCalories 355 per serving
10 EASY MOROCCAN RECIPES FOR BUSY WEEKNIGHTS
Reviews 13Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
KEFTA - MOROCCO - EXOTIC RECIPES — AUTHENTIC WORLD FOOD
29 KETO-FRIENDLY MOROCCAN RECIPES - MAROCMAMA
KEFTA MKAOUARA (MOROCCAN MEATBALL TAGINE) - CULTURAL RECIPES
5/5 (4)Total Time 1 hrCategory DinnerCalories 470 per serving
- Heat the oil in a large skillet with a lid (preferably cast iron) (or a tagine with a heat diffuser*) over medium high heat. Add the onions and sauté until softened, 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add the remaining sauce ingredients and bring the mixture to a simmer. Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer, covered, for 10-15 minutes while you prepare the meatballs. (Taste the sauce and adjust salt to your taste preference, if necessary.)
- Mix all the Kefta ingredients in a large bowl, mixing with your hands until just combined. Scoop about 1 Tbsp of meat mixture and shape it into a small, 1 inch, ball. Continue until all the meat has been shaped.
- Remove lid and, with large spoon, make 4 deep wells in sauce amidst the meatballs. Crack an egg into each well. Return the lid and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes until egg whites are set.
KEFTA MKAOUARA (MOROCCAN MEATBALL AND EGG TAGINE) - TARA'S ...
Ratings 1Servings 4Cuisine MoroccanCategory Main
- In a medium bowl, combine ground meat, grated onion, garlic, paprika, cumin, cinnamon, hot paprika, salt, pepper, parsley, and cilantro. Use your hands to roll the mixture into 3/4 inch round meatballs.
- Drizzle olive oil or ghee over bottom of tagine or deep skillet with tight fitting lid over medium heat. A diffuser is needed for clay tagines. Add the sliced onion and cook until soft. Sprinkle with minced garlic and place meatballs in a mostly single layer over onions. Cook, gently stirring occasionally, until brown on sides.
- Pour in enough tomatoes to mostly cover the meatballs. Add the cumin, paprika, cinnamon, hot paprika, and gently stir to combine. Cover, reduce heat to low, and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove cover, crack eggs into separate areas among the meatballs, and sprinkle with parsley, cilantro, salt, and pepper. Cover again and cook until eggs are barely set, 7-10 minutes.
MOROCCAN VEAL KEFTA - ALLY'S KITCHEN
Reviews 10Servings 10
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the parsley, onions, mint, bread crumbs, egg, olive oil, garlic, cilantro, salt, pepper, paprika, cumin chili flakes and cinnamon. Blend together well.
- Add the ground veal (breaking it into chunks) and using your hands, work this seasoning mixture into the meat. Blend a couple of minutes. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for about an hour to let the flavors blend.
- Put parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Make 10-12 balls with the veal mixture. About one-fourth cup plus of mixture.
- Form the meat around the skewer into a ‘sausage’ shape about 3-4” long. Coat the meat with cooking spray on all sides.
13 MOROCCAN-INSPIRED RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
Author Caroline StankoPublished 2018-12-14Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
- Easy Moroccan Chickpea Stew. When I'm invited to a potluck, I easily double or triple this healthy vegetarian recipe to treat the crowd to an exotic dish of enticing, bold flavors.
- Quick Moroccan Shrimp Skillet. When my niece was attending West Point, she was sent to Morocco for five months. I threw her a going-away party with Moroccan decorations, costumes and cuisine, including this saucy shrimp dish.
- Moroccan Chicken Tagine Pockets. I enjoy shredded chicken dishes, Moroccan seasonings and pita sandwiches. The addition of the carrot salad laced with dates and pomegranate seeds lends an extra punch and crunch.
- Moroccan Flatbreads. My family loves these tacos with Middle Eastern seasoning lots of vegetables. Ground turkey or beef may be substituted for the lamb.
- Chicken with Sugar Pumpkins & Apricots. When we have family gatherings, we give the slow cooker kitchen duty. This yummy chicken with pumpkin and apricots has the warm flavors of Morocco.
- Iced Melon Moroccan Mint Tea. I grow mint on my balcony, and this refreshing beverage is a wonderful way to use it. It combines two of my favorite drinks—Moroccan Mint Tea and Honeydew Agua Fresca.
- Slow-Cooked Moroccan Chicken. Herbs and spices really work their magic on plain chicken in this dish, and the dried fruit adds an exotic touch. — Kathy Morgan, Ridgefield, Washington.
- Moroccan Stuffed Mushrooms. Coriander and cumin are zesty updates to the familiar stuffed mushrooms. The addition of couscous makes them very filling and delicious.
- Moroccan Pot Roast. My husband loves meat and I love veggies, so we're both happy with this spiced twist on the beefy pot roast. With chickpeas, eggplant, honey and mint, it's like something you'd eat at a Marrakech bazaar.
- Moroccan Cauliflower and Almond Soup. This soup tastes rich and decadent but is really very healthy! Bonus—it is vegan and also makes your house smell amazing!
BEEF KEFTAS ON NAAN BREAD | RICARDO
5/5 (80)Total Time 55 minsCategory Main DishesCalories 650 per serving
MOROCCAN SPICED LAMB KEFTA SKEWERS – TASTEFOOD
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
MOROCCAN KEFTA - EASY BEEF KEBABS WITH HERB YOGURT ...
Cuisine MoroccanTotal Time 25 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 231 per serving
MOROCCAN KEFTA KEBAB RECIPE WITH GROUND BEEF OR LAMB
Ratings 268Calories 326 per servingCategory Dinner, Entree, Lunch
MEALS FOR MOMS: MINI MOROCCAN SPICED LAMB KEFTAS WITH COUSCOUS
KEFTAS MOROCCO RECIPES
GRILLED MOROCCAN VEAL KEFTAS - VEAL – DISCOVER DELICIOUS
MOROCCAN RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
KEFTAS MOROCCO EIDION CYMREIG GAN MATT GUY - YOUTUBE
KEFTAS MOROCCO RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is Kefta in Moroccan cooking?Kefta is the Moroccan Arabic term for ground meat or minced meat, with or without classic Moroccan seasoning that includes at a minimum paprika, cumin, onion and fresh herbs. At most Moroccan butcher shops, meat is selected and then ground to order.
How to make kefta meatballs?Use your hands or a large spoon to incorporate the meat, the onion, the herbs and the spices together. • Add salt according to your taste. • Shape and cook as desired. • Minced meat should be 10 to 20 % fat. KEFTA Meatballs and Eggs ...
What to serve with Kefta kebabs?Moroccan kefta kebabs are traditionally served with Moroccan bread (khobz), but naan or a similar flatbread would be fine. Serve the kebabs with grilled tomatoes and onions or a salad with fresh onions and tomatoes. Couscous is a great choice for a side dish, or serve them with rice.
What is Lebanese style beef Kafta?This is a Lebanese style Beef Kafta recipe that's made with ground beef, parsley, onions and a blend of Middle Eastern spices- perfect on the grill or stove This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.