KENTUCKY HOT BROWN
- Melt butter and add enough flour to make a reasonably thick roux (enough to absorb all of the butter). Add milk and 6 tablespoons Parmesan. Add egg to thicken sauce, but do not allow to boil.
- Remove from heat. Fold in whipped cream. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- For each Hot Brown, place 2 slices of toast on a metal (or flameproof) dish. Cover the toast with mushrooms and thinly sliced tomatoes, then cover with a liberal amount of turkey. Pour a generous amount of sauce over the turkey and toast. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan. Place entire dish under a broiler until the sauce is speckled brown and bubbly. Remove from broiler, cross 2 pieces of bacon on top and serve immediately.
KENTUCKY HOT BROWN SANDWICHES
Hot Brown Sandwiches are as popular in Kentucky as The Derby. Some recipes stack both turkey and ham, although we prefer it without ham. Paired with a side salad, this sandwich makes a hearty meal.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually stir in milk and bouillon. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat; set aside., Place toast on a baking pan. Top each with 2 slices turkey; spoon sauce over turkey. Top each with cheese and tomato. Bake, uncovered, until lightly browned, 25-30 minutes. Sprinkle with bacon.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 421 calories, Fat 24g fat (13g saturated fat), Cholesterol 83mg cholesterol, Sodium 1277mg sodium, Carbohydrate 26g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 24g protein.
ORIGINAL HOT BROWN
This recipe originally came from the Brown Hotel in Louisville, KY. I have altered it based on how I have had it served in restaurants in Louisville. This is a good way to use leftover turkey from Thanksgiving and my husband looks forward to it every year.
Provided by BIKEMAMA96
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour with a whisk or fork, and continue to cook and stir until it begins to brown slightly. Gradually whisk in the milk so that no lumps form, then bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Mix in 6 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese and then stir in the beaten egg to thicken. Do not allow the sauce to boil once the egg has been mixed in. Remove from the heat and stir in the cream.
- Preheat the oven's broiler. For each hot brown, place two slices of toast into the bottom of an individual sized casserole dish. Cover with a liberal amount of roasted turkey and tomato slices. Spoon sauce over the top of each one and sprinkle with some of the remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Place the dishes under the broiler and cook until the top is speckled brown, about 5 minutes. Remove from the broiler and arrange two slices of bacon in a cross shape on top of each sandwich. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 973.7 calories, Carbohydrate 47.8 g, Cholesterol 315.9 mg, Fat 47.3 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 85.1 g, SaturatedFat 25.3 g, Sodium 989.9 mg, Sugar 11.8 g
EMERIL'S KENTUCKY HOT BROWNS
Saw this on Emeril's Thanksgiving leftover show and we decided we're definitely having these the day after! YUM!! (I think I'm using a sharp cheddar instead of Swiss)
Provided by Karen..
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 24
- In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter over medium-high heat. Add the shallots and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add the mushrooms, salt, and black pepper and cook, stirring, until the mushrooms give up their liquid and begin to color, 4 minutes. Stir in the parsley, remove from the heat and set aside.
- Preheat the broiler and move the baking rack to the highest position. Line a heavy baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Add the flour and cook, stirring, until thick, about 3 minutes, being careful not to let the flour brown. Using a whisk, add the milk in a steady stream and cook, whisking constantly, until thick and smooth, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the salt, pepper, Essence, and cayenne and stir well. Add 1/2 cup of the cheese, stir, and cook over low heat until very thick and the cheese is melted, 2 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Place the toasted bread on the prepared baking sheet and divide the turkey among the toasts. Arrange the mushrooms on the turkey, spread the sauce over the top out to the edges of the turkey, and sprinkle each with 2 tablespoons of the remaining cheese. Place under the broiler until bubbly and the cheese starts to brown, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, being careful not to let the cheese burn. Remove from the oven.
- Transfer the Hot Browns to 4 plates. Arrange 2 slices of bacon over each, garnish with additional parsley and the chives, and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 669.1, Fat 45.2, SaturatedFat 20.1, Cholesterol 125, Sodium 4456.1, Carbohydrate 34.5, Fiber 5, Sugar 4.7, Protein 33.7
AUTHENTIC KENTUCKY HOT BROWN
I was raised in Kentucky, and this is as close to the original recipe (from the Brown Hotel in Louisville) as I've ever tasted. You can substitute cheddar cheese if you like, but the swiss makes it more like the original dish.
Provided by getoutofmygalley
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 1 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat butter over medium heat. Add flour and whisk, slowly cooking for about 4-5 minutes. Whisk in cram and milk and continue to heat. Whisk in cheese, slowly, until melted. SEason with salt and pepper. Simmer for about half an hour (sauce will be thick).
- Quarter the toast and place in 6" ramekins, or any oven-safe dish. Top with turkey and tomatoes. Cover with the sauce (be generous, it's good!). Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes or so.
- Garnish with bacon slices and serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1993.8, Fat 157.4, SaturatedFat 90, Cholesterol 510.8, Sodium 2293, Carbohydrate 90.9, Fiber 3.6, Sugar 3.3, Protein 55.7
KENTUCKY HOT BROWN SLIDERS
These hot brown sliders are perfect for Kentucky Derby parties, although I serve them at our parties throughout the year. A traditional hot brown is an open-faced sandwich, which isn't great for parties, but turning them into sliders makes them finger food-friendly. I like to cover and refrigerate my assembled sandwiches so I can just pop them in the oven when company arrives. - Blair Lonergan, Rochelle, Virginia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 350°. Without separating rolls, cut the package of rolls in half horizontally; arrange bottom halves in a greased 11x7-in. baking pan. Spread mayonnaise evenly across the bottom halves. Top each with turkey, bacon, pimientos, Gruyere and Parmesan cheese. Replace top halves of rolls. , In a small skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender, 1-2 minutes. Whisk in brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved; drizzle over sandwiches., Cover and bake 25 minutes. Uncover; bake until golden brown, 5-10 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 327 calories, Fat 21g fat (10g saturated fat), Cholesterol 67mg cholesterol, Sodium 652mg sodium, Carbohydrate 20g carbohydrate (9g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 16g protein.
More about "kentucky hot brown recipes"
KENTUCKY HOT BROWN RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 30 minsCategory Dinner, SandwichCalories 1125 per serving
KENTUCKY HOT BROWN - DEEP SOUTH DISH
KENTUCKY HOT BROWN SANDWICH RECIPE - FOOD REPUBLIC
KENTUCKY HOT BROWNS - ECLECTIC RECIPES
LOUISVILLE FAMOUS DISH | THE HOT BROWN RECIPE | THE …
KENTUCKY HOT BROWN APPETIZER RECIPE - MOM FOODIE
KENTUCKY HOT BROWN SANDWICHES RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
KENTUCKY HOT BROWN | KENTUCKY TOURISM - STATE OF …
THE LEGENDARY KENTUCKY HOT BROWN - THE …
KENTUCKY HOT BROWN SANDWICH CASSEROLE RECIPE
KENTUCKY HOT BROWNS RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
Total Time 35 mins
KENTUCKY HOT BROWN RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
KETO KENTUCKY HOT BROWN (EASY) — LOW CARB QUICK
KENTUCKY HOT BROWN RECIPE - SOUTHERN COMFORT FOOD - CHISEL
KENTUCKY HOT BROWN SANDWICH RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
KENTUCKY HOT BROWN QUICHE - PLAIN CHICKEN
KENTUCKY HOT BROWNS WITH TURKEYKENTUCKY HOT BROWN - BUTTER
KETO LOW CARB KENTUCKY HOT BROWNS - SUGAR-FREE MOM
KENTUCKY HOT BROWNS - RECIPES | PAMPERED CHEF US SITE
KENTUCKY HOT BROWN DIP: CLASSIC SOUTHERN RECIPE - JCP EATS
KENTUCKY HOT BROWN RECIPE - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
KENTUCKY HOT BROWN SANDWICH RECIPE | A WELL-SEASONED KITCHEN®
KENTUCKY HOT BROWN BAKE - EAT AT HOME
KETO KENTUCKY HOT BROWN - KETONIA RECIPES
KENTUCKY HOT BROWN SANDWICH RECIPE - THE HUNGRY BLUEBIRD
KENTUCKY HOT BROWN BITES - FOOTBALL FRIDAY - PLAIN CHICKEN
THE WORLD FAMOUS KENTUCKY HOT BROWN | NERD CHEFS
KENTUCKY HOT BROWN RECIPE - ALL THINGS BARBECUE
HOT BROWN CASSEROLE - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
POTTERY HOUSE CAFE KENTUCKY HOT BROWN — THE OLD MILL
KENTUCKY HOT BROWN RECIPE - BUBBAPIE
HOT BROWN KENTUCKY SLIDERS – CATHERINE'S PLATES
KENTUCKY HOT BROWN RECIPE | MYRECIPES
KENTUCKY HOT BROWN APPETIZER RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
KENTUCKY HOT BROWN RECIPE - BOBBY FLAY | FOOD & WINE
KENTUCKY HOT BROWN SANDWICH | LEFTOVER TURKEY RECIPE
KENTUCKY HOT BROWN RECIPE – STATE OF DINNER
CHEESY KENTUCKY HOT BROWN QUICHE
KENTUCKY HOT BROWN (AUTHENTIC RECIPE WITH VIDEO) - HOW TO FEED …
KENTUCKY HOT BROWN RECIPE – DELYCIO
KENTUCKY HOT BROWN - A CLASSIC RECIPE FOR YOUR KENTUCKY DERBY …
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #lunch #american #southern-united-states #dietary #copycat #sandwiches #low-carb #low-in-something #novelty
You'll also love