SAUSAGE AND SAUERKRAUT
I created this tasty quick-and-easy sauerkraut and sausage dish so I can throw it together in no time on those extra-busy nights. - Mary Lyon, Spotsylvania, Virginia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a large skillet, saute the potatoes in oil for 5-6 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in onion; saute for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add the sausage, sauerkraut and pepper. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 567 calories, Fat 38g fat (14g saturated fat), Cholesterol 76mg cholesterol, Sodium 2043mg sodium, Carbohydrate 36g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 6g fiber), Protein 20g protein.
GRANDPA'S SAUERKRAUT AND KIELBASA
I grew up asking for sauerkraut instead of candy as a child, and my grandfather always made it for me. This is my version of what he would make.
Provided by Twitterpated
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Put the cold butter in a cold pan with the diced onion, and slowly bring to a simmer on medium heat.
- This brings out the sweetness of the onions.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and simmer 2 more minutes.
- Add next 3 ingredients.
- Combine with the sauerkraut (undrained and not rinsed), kielbasa and potatoes.
- Bring to a simmer on the stove top.
- Cover loosely with foil and place in a preheated 225°F oven for 3 hours.
KIELBASA AND SAUERKRAUT
- In 4 or 5-quart sauce pot, cook sliced kielbasa and onion over medium-high heat 5 minutes; stirring frequently or until browned.
- Add apples and cook stirring frequently about 1 minute.
- Stir in sauerkraut, chicken broth and caraway seeds.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until apples are tender and flavors blended.
GRILLED KIELBASA WITH SAUERKRAUT AND ONIONS
- Preheat grill. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut kielbasa into 3-inch lengths and butterfly lengthwise. Place on hot grill and cook for 4 to 5 minutes on each side turning frequently, charring all sides. Remove from grill. Transfer kielbasa to a baking sheet and place in oven to cook for another 5 to 6 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add butter and sugar. Allow sugar to cook to a golden brown color. Add onions and cook until caramelized. Stir in the sauerkraut and cook for 5 to 6 minutes until onions and sauerkraut are wilted and colored.
- Remove kielbasa from oven and cut into 1-inch pieces. Add to pan of sauerkraut and onions. Toss together and cook for 1 minute. Transfer to a platter, garnish with parsley and serve with Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce.
- In a small bowl, mix all ingredients until well combined.
PASTA WITH KIELBASA AND SAUERKRAUT
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook onion and bell pepper in oil, stirring frequently, until onion is tender. Stir in garlic and kielbasa, and cook until kielbasa begins to brown, about 8 minutes. Stir in sauerkraut, mustard, and cayenne; cook about 4 minutes more. Stir in wine and parsley, and heat through.
- Toss ziti with kielbasa and sauerkraut, and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 541.1 calories, Carbohydrate 51.2 g, Cholesterol 49.9 mg, Fat 28.4 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 17.6 g, SaturatedFat 8.1 g, Sodium 1185 mg, Sugar 5.1 g
KIELBASA WITH SAUERKRAUT
Provided by Food Network
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Brown kielbasa on grill or in pan. Combine sauerkraut, kielbasa, apples and caraway seeds, if using, and enough beer to cover. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer and let cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until cooked through. Serve with bread.
THE ORIGINAL KIELBASA AND SAUERKRAUT
This is a family recipe passed down from my grandfather and my father who still make every New Year's Day. It's the best. Trust me, you'll love this recipe. It's original and kinda simple. It's 'old school.' Serve with Jewish rye bread, butter, and horseradish. A good side is mashed potatoes with cheese, milk, and butter to create a rich, creamy, tasty mashed potatoes to go with the dish.
Provided by egnatuk
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Cook fatback in a large pot over low heat until the drippings render out, about 45 minutes, stirring often. Stir sauerkraut and cabbage into the pork drippings, bring to a simmer, and cook until cabbage is very tender, about 3 hours. Stir occasionally. Mix kielbasa into the cabbage and kraut; cook 45 minutes to 1 hour to blend flavors.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 686 calories, Carbohydrate 23.9 g, Cholesterol 92.1 mg, Fat 57.9 g, Fiber 10.4 g, Protein 18.9 g, SaturatedFat 24.4 g, Sodium 1679.2 mg, Sugar 13.2 g
More about "kielbasa sauerkraut recipes"
KIEłBASA AND SAUERKRAUT (GREAT RECIPE!) | POLONIST
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
- Have a little taste of the sauerkraut. If it’s too sour, use a colander and rinse it in cold water, then drain it.
KIELBASA AND SAUERKRAUT RECIPES - POLISH SAUSAGE AND ...
- Cut sauerkraut into smaller pieces. Put the cabbage in a pot, add water to cover the cabbage. When it starts boiling, cook for 30 minutes than pour out the water (leave the broth somewhere for later).
- Cook meat (pork neck and shoulder) until it’s soft . Cut cooked meat, bacon and sausages into small pieces (cubes or slices) and fry it on heated lard.
- Add fried meat, sausages and bacon to the pot with sauerkraut. Add allspice, pepper, bay leaves and mushrooms. You can add water (broth) from the first sauerkraut cooking for more intense taste.
- Simmer for about 30 minutes. Add salt and more pepper to taste. Cook for another 1 hour (until the cabbage is soft). After cooling, put in the fridge.
KIELBASA AND SAUERKRAUT - PLOWING THROUGH LIFE
- Add sauerkraut to empty skillet and season with brown sugar, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. On medium high heat warm sauerkraut until it begins to brown off and dry out just a little bit.
- Return sausage to the skillet on top of sauerkraut. Cover skillet and allow to simmer for 5 - 10 minutes until sausages are heated through.
KIELBASA AND SAUERKRAUT RECIPE (EASY!) | WHOLESOME YUM
- Place kielbasa at the bottom of the slow cooker. Place the onions over the kielbasa. Sprinkle brown monk fruit sweetener over the onions, if using.
- Dump the drained cans of sauerkraut and diced tomatoes evenly into the slow cooker. Add chicken broth.
EASY KIELBASA AND SAUERKRAUT RECIPE
Estimated Reading Time 1 min See details »
10 BEST POLISH KIELBASA SAUERKRAUT RECIPES | YUMMLY
See details »
OUR 20 FAVORITE KIELBASA RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
See details »
CROCK POT KIELBASA AND SAUERKRAUT | SLOW COOKER KITCHEN
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins See details »
KIELBASA AND SAUERKRAUT RECIPE - SCOTT HOCKER | FOOD & WINE
Servings 4Total Time 50 mins
- In a large saucepan or skillet set over medium-high heat, heat butter until foaming, then add kielbasa. Cook, flipping the pieces, until the kielbasa is browned, about 5 minutes. Remove the kielbasa and set aside.
- Add the onion to the pan and cook, stirring often, until the onion is soft and slightly browned, about 10 minutes. Add the sauerkraut and cook for a few minutes then return kielbasa to pan. Add the stock and cook until the kielbasa is cooked through, about 30 minutes. Season to taste with salt. Serve.
EASY INSTANT POT KIELBASA AND SAUERKRAUT | BERLY'S KITCHEN
4.7/5 (6)Category Instant Pot RecipesCuisine AmericanTotal Time 30 mins
- Turn the Instant Pot onto saute, and allow the liner to get hot. Add oil and sausage pieces (work in batches if necessary).
- Remove sausage pieces from Instant Pot and carefully add water making sure not to splash any grease. Use a wooden spoon to scrape the bits from the bottom of liner (de-glaze the pot!!). Turn off the Instant Pot.
OLD FASHIONED KIELBASA AND KRAUT (KETO/LOW CARB) - TABLE ...
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Preheat oven to 375°. Over the sink place the kraut in a strainer give it a light rinse and a few squeezes to get out excess moisture. Heat a small skillet over medium high and add the butter, mushroom and onions. Saute these for about 5 minutes until they are softened. Reduce the heat to low, add the bullion cube, pepper, and 1/2 cup of water. Stir until the bullion cube is dissolved.
- In a casserole dish add the drained kraut and contents of the skillet, mix to combine. Top with the links of fresh kielbasa nesting it in the kraut a little bit. Bake covered for at least one hour. Uncover and bake for another half hour to an hour. Until the kielbasa is brown and the edges of the kraut are a little crispy and browned. Serve with prepared horseradish or sauce and rye bread if desired.
KIELBASA AND SAUERKRAUT SKILLET RECIPE • LOW CARB NOMAD
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins See details »
CREAMY KETO KIELBASA AND SAUERKRAUT - WHOLE LOTTA YUM
Estimated Reading Time 8 mins See details »
KIELBASA SAUERKRAUT & POTATOES SKILLET RECIPE • MIDGETMOMMA
- In a large skillet heat the oil over medium heat. Add in the potatoes, carrots, and onions to the pan and cook until they have softened.
SLOW COOKER KIELBASA RECIPE WITH SAUERKRAUT AND APPLE
Calories 486Saturated Fat 8g 38%Cholesterol 58mg 19%Total Fat 22g 29% See details »
BAKED KIELBASA AND SAUERKRAUT - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
5/5 (1) See details »
GRILLED KIELBASA AND SAUERKRAUT RECIPE | GRILL MATES
See details »
KIELBASA WITH SAUERKRAUT RECIPE RECIPE - EASY RECIPES
See details »
10 BEST KIELBASA SAUERKRAUT POTATOES RECIPES | YUMMLY
See details »
POLISH KIELBASA AND SAUERKRAUT RECIPES
See details »
CAST IRON SKILLET KIELBASA AND SAUERKRAUT RECIPE - YOUTUBE
See details »
You'll also love