LARB GAI NIKKI-STYLE
Bad haircuts make me crazy. Literally. I turn into a 3-year-old, crying, sniffling, ranting things like, 'My hair will never grow back!' So, when I met Nikki over a decade ago, I've stuck to her like how Bon Jovi groupies have stuck to the oh so fab Jon. On my recent visit with Nikki, I learned that not only is she an ace stylist, she apparently is the keeper of Thai cooking secrets. I'm usually dozing when Nikki is doing her hair magic... the reason why I didn't know this sooner. Anyway, Nikki shared her mom's ground chicken cooking technique for Larb Gai. Hope you enjoy it.
Provided by yobodish
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Whisk lemon juice, lime juice, fish sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, cayenne, and lemon zest together in a bowl until dressing is smooth.
- Spread ground turkey in a thin layer in a arge skillet; add garlic. Pour enough water into the skillet to cover the turkey; bring to a boil. Cook and stir turkey mixture, breaking the meat apart with a fork, until turkey is browned and crumbly, 7 to 10 minutes. Drain liquid and transfer turkey to a large glass bowl.
- Mix red onion, carrot, chestnuts, Thai chile peppers, green onions, mint, basil, and cilantro into turkey until well combined. Refrigerate mixture until chilled, about 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle rice powder and Thai chile flakes over turkey mixture and mix well.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 266.3 calories, Carbohydrate 21.3 g, Cholesterol 83.6 mg, Fat 9.8 g, Fiber 2.7 g, Protein 24.9 g, SaturatedFat 2.4 g, Sodium 630.5 mg, Sugar 4.4 g
Larb gai (Thai chicken salad) is a dish made with ground chicken, chiles, mint and basil. Serve as a main dish or as an appetizer in lettuce cups. For a heartier version, serve it with rice. -Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a large skillet, cook chicken over medium heat until no longer pink, 8-10 minutes, breaking it into crumbles; drain. In the same skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add shallots and chiles; cook and stir until tender, 3-4 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the cooked chicken, lime juice, fish sauce, chili sauce, brown sugar and Sriracha. Cook and stir until heated through. Stir in cilantro and mint. Serve with rice and, if desired, lettuce leaves.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 262 calories, Fat 16g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 75mg cholesterol, Sodium 1211mg sodium, Carbohydrate 10g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 20g protein.
LAAB GAI (TURKEY LAAB)
This tangier turkey version of the classic chicken salad is influenced by the "Isaarn" or Northeastern area of Thailand. The Northern version is more savory with a variety of pork offal meats like liver and cracklings. Northern food is very healthy and delicious. Always serve with a variety of fresh vegetable crudites. Pro tips: If you can, have your butcher grind the turkey breast once using a large die. This will give you large chunks of turkey with texture instead of an overly minced burger feel. Also, you can sub any meat or even tofu into this dish. Again, large die, single grind is the key.
Provided by Jet Tila
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Stir the tamarind paste into the ground turkey in a large bowl and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Heat a medium pan to high heat and add the oil. When you see the first wisps of white smoke, saute the garlic and shallot until translucent, about 1 minute. Fold the turkey into the pan and stir-fry until the turkey is just cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Reduce to low heat then stir in the sugar, lime juice, fish sauce, and chile powder and mix well. Adjust your flavors as necessary to your taste.
- Fold in the mint, onion, roasted rice powder and scallions until well combined. Serve with carrot sticks, long beans, lettuce and cabbage. Garnish the laab with more scallions, red onion and rice powder.
- Dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, lemon juice, fish sauce and honey. Set aside.
- Larb: In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion, shallots, lemongrass, chile, and salt, to taste. Cook until the vegetables begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Add the turkey and season with salt. Cook, stirring frequently, until the meat and vegetables are cooked through, about 5 minutes. Add the dressing to the pan and cook for 2 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the mint. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spoon the turkey mixture onto the lettuce leaves and arrange on a serving platter. Serve with sticky rice.
THAI MINCED CHICKEN SALAD
Known as larb gai in Thailand, the hot spiciness in this chicken salad recipe works really well with the crunchy veg, creating a perfect balance of flavour and heat
Provided by Good Food team
Yield Serves 4 as a light meal or starter
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Roughly chop the lemongrass, lime leaves, red chillies, garlic and ginger, then throw them all into a processor and blitz until everything is very finely chopped together. Mince the chicken breasts into tiny pieces.
- Heat a wok over a high heat and add the vegetable oil and the sesame oil. Throw in the lemongrass mixture and fry briefly before adding the minced chicken and the chilli powder. Stir-fry the chicken for 4 mins then splash in the fish sauce. Turn down the heat a little and allow the chicken and fish sauce to bubble together for another 4 mins, stirring, then add the chopped red onion and cook for another min.
- Remove from the heat, pour over the lime juice and toss in the herbs. Serve with the salad veg and a lime wedge on the side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 261 calories, Fat 8 grams fat, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 9 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 5 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 39 grams protein, Sodium 2.72 milligram of sodium
THAI LARB GAI (CHICKEN WITH LIME, CHILI AND FRESH HERBS)
Larb gai is a dish of browned ground chicken, mint, basil and red onions dressed with lime juice and ground red chiles that's popular in Laos and Isan, neighboring rural sections of Thailand. (The dish is sometimes spelled laab, lob or lop.) It's perfect hot weather food: spicy, crunchy and light, but rich in flavors and contrasts. Traditionally, this dish is made with a roasted rice powder that's prepared by toasting raw rice in a wok, then grounding it to a powder, but you can find premade roasted rice powder at Asian markets. Whatever you do, don't skip it - it adds a nuttiness that's essential to the authentic flavor of the dish.
Provided by Julia Moskin
Categories dinner, quick, salads and dressings
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- To make roasted rice powder, heat a wok or skillet over high heat. Add raw rice and cook, stirring often, until rice is toasted and dark brown, but not black, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from wok and set aside to cool. Grind to a coarse powder in a mortar, blender or coffee grinder; set aside.
- To cook chicken, heat a wok or skillet over medium-high heat. When very hot, add 2 tablespoons water, then add chicken, stirring constantly to break up any lumps. Cook just until cooked through, about two minutes, then transfer to mixing bowl. While chicken is just warm, add remaining ingredients (except for garnishes) and roasted rice powder. Mix gently but thoroughly. Taste and adjust seasonings. Mixture should be tangy, salty and lightly spicy.
- Spoon onto serving plate and surround with mint, lettuce and cucumber. Serve with rice. If serving with sticky rice, pinch some off, mold into a small ball and dip into larb, scooping up a little of each ingredient. Or scoop larb into lettuce leaves.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 199, UnsaturatedFat 7 grams, Carbohydrate 8 grams, Fat 11 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 15 grams, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Sodium 375 milligrams, Sugar 1 gram, TransFat 0 grams
More about "laab gai turkey laab recipes"
LARB GAI RECIPE BY CHAT THAI'S AMY CHANTA | GOURMET …
HOW TO MAKE EASY AUTHENTIC CHICKEN LARB GAI RECIPE
LAAB GAI- THAI GROUND CHICKEN SALAD | THAI RECIPES
THAI LETTUCE WRAPS (LARB GAI) - RECIPETIN EATS
TURKEY LARB RECIPE | OLIVEMAGAZINE
TURKEY LARB | GIADZY
THAI LARB RECIPE (LARB MOO ลาบหมู) - AUTHENTIC THAI STYLE
THAI TURKEY LARB SALAD RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
LAAB - LARB ลาบหมู - THAITABLE.COM
LAAB GAI (LAO MINCED CHICKEN SALAD) - HOW TO MAKE LAAB GAI
- Add ground chicken meat and cook undisturbed for 1 minute and 30 seconds each side then cook for another 2 minutes and stir.
LAO CHICKEN SALAD (LAO LARB GAI) - WANDERCOOKS
LAAB GAI | BEST THAI RECIPE | THERECIPECONNOISSEUR - YOUTUBE
THAI CHICKEN LAAB - MARION'S KITCHEN
THAI CHICKEN SALAD (LARB GAI) RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
LARB (LAAB) - AUTHENTIC THAI AND LAOTIAN RECIPE | 196 FLAVORS
TASTY THAI LARB GAI RECIPE FOR A SPICY MINCED CHICKEN SALAD
THAI TURKEY LAAB WITH BROCCOLI "RICE" | GASTROGAYS
LAAB GAI- THAI GROUND CHICKEN SALAD – OLIVERESTAURANTS
EASY LARB GAI : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
MINCED TURKEY SALAD (LAAB GAI NUANG) - SCHOOL OF WOK
LAAB GAI- THAI GROUND CHICKEN SALAD - MY ROI LIST
CHICKEN LARB (LAAB GAI) RECIPE | COZYMEAL
LARB GAI (THAI TURKEY SALAD) | BOSTON MEDICAL CENTER
EASY LAAB GAI, THAI CHICKEN LARB SALAD - ASSORTED EATS
5 MOUTH-WATERING LARB RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
LAAB GAI (TURKEY LAAB) RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
EASY PALEO TURKEY LARB (WHOLE 30) - MORIAH BROOKE
TURKEY LAAB RECIPE BY LAUREN GORDON - THE DAILY MEAL
LARB KAI RECIPES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
HOW TO MAKE LAAB GAAI WITH JET TILA | READY JET COOK - FOODIE …
HOW TO MAKE LARB GAI - SHESIMMERS.COM
LARB GAI RECIPE MARION'S KITCHEN - BATHTUB-OUTDOORS
GIADA DE LAURENTIIS TURKEY LARB RECIPE - LEMONADE & LIPSTICK
FOR TRUE LARB, I SLAUGHTERED A TURKEY IN THAILAND | BON APPéTIT
LAAB GAI (TURKEY LAAB) | RECIPE | LAAB RECIPE, TURKEY LARB RECIPE, …
BEST CHICKEN LARB GAI RECIPE - AUTHENTIC ISAAN & LOW CALORIE
LAAB (LARB GAI) THAI CHICKEN SALAD - GRILLED CHEESE SOCIAL
TURKEY LARB RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
LAAB GAI (TURKEY LAAB) | RECIPE | TURKEY LARB RECIPE, LAAB RECIPE, …
GROUND TURKEY LARB GAI - MINCERECIPES.INFO
You'll also love