LEMON-BUTTER SHORTBREAD COOKIES
You will love the burst of fresh lemon flavor in these buttery, tender shortbread cookies. And if that's not enough to tempt your taste buds, they get dipped in a tart, lemony glaze. Lemony delicious! Cookies taste more lemony the next day.
Provided by Cindy @ My Country Table
Categories Desserts Fruit Dessert Recipes Lemon Dessert Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Sift or whisk flour, salt, and baking powder together in a bowl.
- Place butter in a large mixing bowl and mix with a wooden spoon until very creamy. Add confectioners' sugar, lemon juice, and flour mixture; mix until well combined.
- Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut into rounds using a round cookie cutter. Transfer cookies to ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cookies are light brown on the bottom but still very light on top, about 10 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheets for about 2 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
- Whisk melted butter and lemon juice together in a small bowl. Add lemon zest and whisk again. Whisk in confectioners' sugar 1 cup at a time. Add more lemon juice if necessary for a thin consistency.
- Dip the top of each cookie in the glaze and transfer to a wire rack placed over waxed paper or parchment paper. Allow cookies to sit until glaze has set, about 2 hours.
- Store cookies in an airtight container between layers of waxed paper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 317 calories, Carbohydrate 36.6 g, Cholesterol 48.3 mg, Fat 18.4 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 2.4 g, SaturatedFat 11.6 g, Sodium 61.8 mg, Sugar 20 g
Lemons brighten up our rich Classic Shortbread.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Food & Cooking Dessert & Treats Recipes Cookie Recipes
Yield Makes about 3 dozen rounds
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees, with rack in upper third. Sift flour and salt into a bowl; set aside. Put butter into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium-high speed until fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes, scraping down sides of bowl. Gradually add sugar; beat until pale and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Mix in lemon zest and juice.
- Reduce speed to low. Add flour mixture all at once; mix until just combined.
- Halve dough, and shape into disks. Wrap each in plastic, and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Working with 1 disk at a time, roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to 1/4 inch thick. Cut out rounds with a 2-inch fluted cutter. Space 1 inch apart on baking sheets lined with parchment. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Bake until pale golden brown, 22 to 25 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; let cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
LEMON SHORTBREAD COOKIES
Make and share this Lemon Shortbread Cookies recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Debster
Yield 3 dozen
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar with electric mixer.
- Scrape sides of the bowl.
- Add lemon juice, zest and flour and mix thoroughly on low speed.
- Shape level tablespoons of dough into logs on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until cookie spreads and is very light brown in color.
- Cookies may be dipped in soft lemon frosting or melted chocolate on one end.
- Chill to set chocolate or frosting.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1054, Fat 62.2, SaturatedFat 39, Cholesterol 162.7, Sodium 459, Carbohydrate 117.5, Fiber 2.3, Sugar 53.3, Protein 9.3
LEMON SHORTBREAD COOKIES
I received this recipe from my cousin who tried to duplicate cookies she loved from a restaurant. It was in a cookbook she made for the family for Christmas! -Lorie Miner, Kamas, Utah
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 3-5 minutes. Beat in lemon zest and vanilla. Combine the flour, cornstarch, nutmeg, and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. (Dough will be crumbly.) Shape into a ball., On a lightly floured surface, press dough to 1/2-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 1-in. fluted cookie cutter; place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Prick cookies with a fork. Reroll scraps if desired. , Bake until firm, 12-15 minutes. Cool for 2 minutes before carefully removing to wire racks to cool completely. , Combine confectioners' sugar and lemon juice; drizzle over cookies. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 77 calories, Fat 4g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 10mg cholesterol, Sodium 39mg sodium, Carbohydrate 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 1g protein.
LEMON THYME SHORTBREAD COOKIES RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: unsalted butter, granulated sugar, powdered sugar, large egg, McCormick® vanilla extract, lemon, lemon, all purpose flour, kosher salt, McCormick® Dried Thyme Leaves, powdered sugar, milk, lemon
Provided by McCormick
Yield 20 cookies
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large bowl, use an electric hand mixer on medium speed to cream together the butter, granulated sugar, and powdered sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, then add the egg, McCormick® Vanilla Extract, lemon zest, and lemon juice, and mix until fully combined, about 3 minutes.
- Add the flour, salt, and McCormick® Dried Thyme Leaves, and mix on low speed until the dough comes together.
- Transfer the dough to a sheet of parchment paper and use the parchment to roll the dough into a log about 10 inches long and 2 inches wide. Chill the dough in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the log crosswise into ½-inch-thick rounds. Place the dough rounds on the prepared baking sheet, spacing about 2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies for 12 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Make the glaze: In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and milk until smooth.
- Dip the tops of the cookies in the icing or spread the icing over the cookies, then return to the wire rack. Zest the lemon lightly over each cookie. Let the glaze set for about 30 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 104 calories, Carbohydrate 23 grams, Fat 0 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 2 grams, Sugar 11 grams
Every year my mom and I collect cookie recipes we want to try and then get together in early December for an afternoon of baking. These no-fail lemon cookies have become an annual tradition. They're a wonderful homemade holiday gift. -Kristen Stecklein, Glendale, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 4 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Beat butter, sugars and salt until blended; beat in lemon zest. Gradually beat in flour. Divide dough in half. Shape each into a disk; wrap. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Let dough stand at room temperature 5-10 minutes to soften slightly. , Preheat oven to 325°. Roll each portion of dough between two pieces of waxed paper to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut dough with a floured 1-1/2-in. heart-shaped or other cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets., Bake until bottoms are lightly browned, 7-10 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely., For glaze, mix confectioners' sugar, lemon peel and lemon juice until smooth; spread over cookies. Sprinkle with colored sugar.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 82 calories, Fat 4g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 10mg cholesterol, Sodium 80mg sodium, Carbohydrate 11g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 1g protein.
More about "lemon butter shortbread cookies recipes"
LEMON SHORTBREAD COOKIES WITH LEMON GLAZE - THE …
LEMON SHORTBREAD COOKIES - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
EASY LEMON HERB SHORTBREAD COOKIES RECIPE
BUTTERY LEMON SHORTBREAD COOKIES WITH A GLAZE | THE …
Reviews 13Total Time 30 minsCategory DessertCalories 327 per serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a stand mixer or using a hand mixer add the butter and beat until fluffy. Add in the powdered sugar, zest of one lemon and juice of one lemon.
- In a medium sized bowl combine the flour, salt and baking powder. Slowly add it to the butter mixture and mix until combined .
- Add the dough to a lightly floured surface and roll out to 1/4 inch thick. Using a round cookie cutter cut out the cookies and lay them onto a baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly brown. Remove and let cool.
- In a small bowl whisk the lemon juice, powdered sugar, and zest of one lemon. Dip the top of each cookie into the glaze and place on a wire rack to set.
LEMON SHORTBREAD COOKIES - FOOD GYPSY | EASY, DELICIOUS …
Reviews 6Category CookiesCuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 5 mins
LEMON SHORTBREAD COOKIES - BEYOND THE BUTTER
4.5/5 (2)Category Dessert
EASY LEMON SHORTBREAD COOKIES - THE ENDLESS APPETITE
LEMON SHORTBREAD COOKIES | MCCORMICK
GLAZED LEMON SHORTBREAD COOKIES - SCOTCH & SCONES
LEMON COCONUT DROP SHORTBREAD COOKIES - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
LEMON BUTTER SHORTBREAD COOKIES WITH LEMON GLAZE
LEMON SHORTBREAD COOKIES - WITH SPICE
MELT IN YOUR MOUTH LEMON SHORTBREAD COOKIES - FROSTING
LEMON SHORTBREAD COOKIES (JUST 5 INGREDIENTS) | JULIE BLANNER
BUTTERY LEMON SHORTBREAD COOKIES RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
HOW TO MAKE MELT IN YOUR MOUTH LEMON SHORTBREAD …
20 LEMON COOKIE RECIPES (ALL TYPES) - HOME STRATOSPHERE
LEMON SHORTBREAD COOKIES + 5 MORE MUST BAKE …
LEMON SHORTBREAD COOKIES - SAVING ROOM FOR DESSERT
LEMON SHORTBREAD COOKIES WITH LEMON ICING - COOKIN' WITH MIMA
CLASSIC LEMON SHORTBREAD COOKIE RECIPE WITH LEMON GLAZE – …
TENDER MELT IN YOUR MOUTH LEMON SHORTBREAD BARS
LEMON SHORTBREAD COOKIES - RICARDO
LEMON SHORTBREAD COOKIES RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
LEMON SHORTBREAD COOKIES - BUTTERY COOKIE - SWEET AS CREATIONS
LEMON SHORTBREAD COOKIES - CHEERFUL COOK
TENDER LEMON SHORTBREAD COOKIES - JUST A LITTLE BIT OF BACON
EASY LEMON SHORTBREAD COOKIES (NO CHILLING REQUIRED)
WHIPPED LEMON SHORTBREAD - KING ARTHUR BAKING
LEMON ALMOND FLOUR SHORTBREAD COOKIES – MY ROI LIST
LEMON SHORTBREAD COOKIES – ONE HANDED BAKER
LEMON BUTTER SHORTBREAD COOKIE RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
TENDER SHORTBREAD STAMPED LEMON COOKIES - A RED SPATULA
LEMON SHORTBREAD COOKIES - JO COOKS
ITALIAN LEMON COOKIES RECIPE - AN ITALIAN IN MY KITCHEN
LEMON SHORTBREAD SANDWICH COOKIES | THE FRESH COOKY
LEMON LAVENDER SHORTBREAD COOKIES - THE ART OF BAKING
EASY LEMON SHORTBREAD COOKIE RECIPE - MASHED
ROSEMARY SHORTBREAD COOKIES WITH LEMON GLAZE - MARLEY'S MENU
THE EASIEST LEMON SHORTBREAD COOKIES - STUDIO DIY
GLUTEN FREE SHORTBREAD COOKIES ALMOND FLOUR - DANNY'S BLOG
LEMON SHORTBREAD COOKIES – THE BEST OF BRIDGE
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love