LEMON POUND CAKE LOAVES
My family always asks for this love-me-tender lemon loaf cake. Sometimes, I shake things up and make cupcakes with the batter. So awesome for brunch! -Lola Baxter, Winnebago, Minnesota
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 mini loaves (6 piece each).
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour two 5-3/4x3x2-in loaf pans., In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add 1 egg at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon zest and extracts. In another bowl, whisk flour, salt and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition., Transfer to prepared pans. Bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely., In a small bowl, mix icing ingredients. Spoon over loaves. Freeze option: Do not make icing. Securely wrap cooled loaves in plastic wrap and foil, then freeze. To use, thaw at room temperature. Prepare icing as directed.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 262 calories, Fat 10g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 58mg cholesterol, Sodium 201mg sodium, Carbohydrate 39g carbohydrate (25g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
LEMON BUNDT CAKE RECIPE BY TASTY
This classic lemon bundt cake recipe is perfect for any occasion: a bridal shower, summer BBQ, or even a treat for your family on a casual night in. The lemon glaze makes this cake perfectly moist. Top it with icing and zest and enjoy this beautiful and delicious treat.
Provided by Katie Aubin
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
- Make the cake: In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar, and salt with an electric hand mixer until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until fully incorporated before adding the next. Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla and beat to combine.
- Add half the flour and beat to combine, then beat in the milk, then add the rest of the flour and beat just until incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula and make sure any floury spots are incorporated.
- Grease a 10-inch (25-cm) bundt pan with nonstick spray. Spoon the batter into the pan and smooth the top. Gently tap the pan against the counter to release any air bubbles.
- Bake the cake for 50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking, make the lemon glaze: In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the sugar and lemon juice. Microwave for 1 minute, stirring halfway through, until the sugar is completely dissolved. Set aside.
- Make the lemon icing: Sift the powdered sugar into a medium bowl. Add the lemon juice and whisk until smooth.
- After the cake is done baking, let cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then invert onto a wire rack set over a baking sheet and remove the bundt pan. Use a knife to loosen the cake around the edges, if needed.
- Use a skewer or fork to poke holes all over the top and sides of the cake. Brush the cake with the lemon glaze. If the glaze drips off, let the cake cool for a few more minutes, then continue brushing on the glaze. Let cool completely, at least 1 hour.
- Pour the icing over the top of the cake, letting it drip down the sides. Grate lemon zest over the icing. Let the glaze dry completely, about 30 minutes.
- Transfer the cake to a serving platter, slice, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 762 calories, Carbohydrate 124 grams, Fat 26 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 9 grams, Sugar 81 grams
LEMON LOAF CAKE
I made this cake purely as an experiment. Wow did it come through! I had been craving a lemon-flavored something for a while and this completely satisfied it. It's sweet, yet retains that delicious tart lemon zing and flavor. My dad loved it.
Provided by seth martin
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat an oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until light and fluffy. The mixture should be noticeably lighter in color. Add the room temperature eggs one at a time, allowing each egg to blend into the butter mixture before adding the next. Beat in the sour cream, vanilla, and lemon peel. Beat for an additional 2 minutes. Batter will look curdled. Combine flour, cornstarch, salt, and baking soda in a separate bowl. Pour the flour mixture into the egg mixture, mixing until just incorporated. Pour the batter into a prepared 8x4 inch loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Cool in the pans for 5 minutes before removing to cool completely on a plate.
- To make glaze: Whisk together the lemon juice and powdered sugar. Pour glaze over entire cake and allow cake to cool while the glaze is soaked in.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 337.7 calories, Carbohydrate 53.2 g, Cholesterol 62.2 mg, Fat 12.7 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 3.5 g, SaturatedFat 7.6 g, Sodium 264 mg, Sugar 34.9 g
LEMON LOAF CAKE RECIPE BY TASTY
Learn how to make your favorite coffee shop's signature pastry. It's lemony, sweet, decadent, and worth the wait.
Provided by Katie Aubin
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Make the cake: Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 9x5-inch (22 x 12 cm) loaf pan with nonstick spray and line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar with an electric hand mixer until light and fluffy, 3-4 minutes.
- Add the eggs, 1 at a time, and beat to incorporate, scraping down the side of the bowl between additions.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the sour cream, lemon juice and zest, and vanilla until smooth.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Alternately add the dry and wet ingredients to the batter, about ⅓ at a time, starting and ending with the dry ingredients. Beat between each addition until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool completely in the pan, about 1 hour.
- Make the lemon icing: Sift the powdered sugar into a medium bowl. Add the lemon juice and milk and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the icing evenly over the top of the cake, spreading to reach the edges of the pan. Let the glaze set completely, about 30 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving platter, slice, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 607 calories, Carbohydrate 91 grams, Fat 24 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 7 grams, Sugar 71 grams
BEST LEMON LOAF EVER
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Whisk flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda in a bowl. Cream sugar and butter in a separate bowl with an electric mixer. Add eggs, lemon juice, lemon zest, lemon extract, and vanilla; beat until incorporated.
- Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture; whisk until smooth. Add oil and mix well. Pour into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- While the cake is cooling, mix powdered sugar, milk, lemon zest, and lemon extract in a bowl until smooth. Pour over the cooled loaf. Slice up the loaf when the icing sets.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 424.7 calories, Carbohydrate 60.9 g, Cholesterol 69.3 mg, Fat 18.5 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 4.7 g, SaturatedFat 4.6 g, Sodium 300.4 mg, Sugar 41.9 g
More about "lemon loaf cake recipe by tasty"
LEMON LOAF CAKE - TASTY NEWS
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
STARBUCKS LEMON LOAF CAKE | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY …
GLAZED LEMON POUND CAKE LOAF - SEASONS AND SUPPERS
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
- Preheat oven to 325 F. (not convection bake). Spray an 8x4-inch loaf pan with baking spray and line with a piece of parchment paper that covers the bottom and long sides, with an inch or so extending past the top of the pan (these will be the "handles" to lift the loaf out of the pan).
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter with the sugar at medium speed (about "4 or 5" on a KitchenAid mixer) until light coloured and fluffy. (Don't skimp on this process. It should cream about 3 minutes). Add the eggs one at a time and beat in well after each addition, scraping down the sides of the bowl, as needed. Beat in the lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together well the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. With mixer on low, add the flour mixture to the butter mixture alternately with the sour cream, starting with 1/3 of the flour, 1/2 of the sour cream, 1/3 of the flour, last of the sour cream, then finally the last of the flour.
- Scrape into prepared 8x4-inch loaf pan and level batter. Bake in preheated oven for 55-60 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the centre comes out clean.
EASY LEMON DRIZZLE CAKE - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
EASY LEMON LOAF - A PRETTY LIFE IN THE SUBURBS
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
LEMON LOAF: THE BEST RECIPE EVER!!! - SHE LOVES BISCOTTI
Estimated Reading Time 8 mins
EASY LEMON PISTACHIO CAKE - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
- In a measuring jug, mix the milk and lemon juice together then whisk in the oil, eggs and vanilla.
COPYCAT STARBUCKS LEMON LOAF (+ LEMON GLAZE) - …
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 9×5-inch loaf pan with floured cooking spray, or grease and flour the pan; set aside.
- To a large bowl, add the eggs, sugar, sour cream, and whisk vigorously until smooth and combined.
- Add the lemon zest, lemon extract, and whisk to combine. Note – I used 2 tablespoons of lemon extract because no actual lemon juice is used in the loaf and I found 2 tablespoons lemon extract necessary for full-bodied lemon flavor, but add to taste.
LEMON DRIZZLE CAKE - EASIEST EVER ONE BOWL RECIPE
- Spoon into the prepared tin and smooth out. Bake for 40 - 50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
LEMON OLIVE OIL LOAF CAKE (THE ULTIMATE RECIPE) - DEL'S ...
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and place the rack on the second lower level. Grease a 9×5-inch (23×13 cm) loaf pan with oil and line with parchment, leaving a 2-inch overhang on long sides. Set aside.
- Mix sugar and lemon zest with a whisk in a large mixing bowl, until some fragrant lemony flavors develop. Using a hand mixer or a balloon whisk, whisk in the whipping cream and the eggs until combined.
- Heat olive oil for about 30 seconds in the microwave until slightly lukewarm, then add it to the cake batter. Pour over the prepared loaf pan.
LEMON LOAF CAKE - EL MUNDO EATS
HOW TO MAKE COPYCAT STARBUCKS LEMON LOAF CAKE …
Author Caroline StankoEstimated Reading Time 6 mins
LEMON LOAF | WHISKFUL BAKER
LOAF CAKE RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
LEMON LOAF CAKE – GET TASTY RECIPES
EASY VEGAN LEMON LOAF CAKE WITH GLAZE - RUNNING ON …
14 LOAF CAKE RECIPES FOR ALL OCCASIONS | CHATELAINE
VEGAN LEMON LOAF - NEWSBREAK
10 BEST LEMON LOAF CAKE WITH CAKE MIX RECIPES | …
POUND CAKE WITH CITRUS GLAZE RECIPE BY TASTY WITH ...
MOIST LEMON CAKE | A LIGHT AND DELICIOUS RECIPE
STARBUCKS LEMON LOAF COPYCAT RECIPE - COOK.ME RECIPES
LEMON BLUEBERRY LOAF CAKE | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY …
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make a lemon loaf cake?In a medium bowl, mix together the sour cream, lemon juice and zest, and vanilla until smooth. In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Alternately add the dry and wet ingredients to the batter, about ⅓ at a time, starting and ending with the dry ingredients.
How do you make a lemon pound cake?Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour two 5-3/4x3x2-in loaf pans. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add 1 egg at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon zest and extracts.
How long does it take to bake a lemon cake?Combine flour, cornstarch, salt, and baking soda in a separate bowl. Pour the flour mixture into the egg mixture, mixing until just incorporated. Pour the batter into a prepared 8x4 inch loaf pan. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes.
What are the ingredients in a lemon loaf?Lemon Loaf Ingredients: Dry Ingredients. This consists of flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Lemon zest. A necessary ingredient when making lemon bread. Butter. Responsible for the tender crumb of this lovely cake. Sugar. When creamed with the butter, creates the perfect texture. Eggs. Just a couple. Lemon Juice.