GRILLED LEMON PEPPER CATFISH
A deliciously light and flavorful dish full of sweet lemon flavor that is grounded by the savory flavor of garlic and herb seasonings. Perfect for a hot summer night when you want something delicious but light!
Provided by Elizabeth Ann Steele
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Pour the juice of 5 lemons into a glass bowl; whisk in the sea salt and garlic. Add the catfish fillets, cover, and marinate in the refrigerator 1 to 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven's broiler for 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) and set the oven rack to the lowest position.
- Remove the catfish fillets from the marinade, and shake off excess; discard the remaining marinade. Place the fillets on a broiling pan; sprinkle with the lemon pepper seasoning, garlic and herb seasoning, and Creole seasoning. Arrange the lemon slices over the fillets.
- Broil in the preheated oven until the fish flakes easily with a fork, 12 to 15 minutes. You may wish to turn the broiler on fully for the last few minutes if you like the edges of the fish blackened. Sprinkle the fillets with shredded carrot and parsley to garnish. Serve with lemon wedges on the side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 373.9 calories, Carbohydrate 48.1 g, Cholesterol 111.7 mg, Fat 15.5 g, Fiber 19.6 g, Protein 38.4 g, SaturatedFat 3.3 g, Sodium 4545 mg, Sugar 1.3 g
Nothing beats a late supper of grilled catfish after a hard day's work. It's a favorite of our family during the summertime. -Regina Rosenberry, Greencastle, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the lemon juice, butter and Worcestershire sauce. Add the fish; seal bag and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes, turning occasionally., Drain and discard marinade. Sprinkle fish with salt and lemon-pepper. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, fish, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 150 calories, Fat 14g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 47mg cholesterol, Sodium 494mg sodium, Carbohydrate 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 6g protein.
LEMON PEPPER CATFISH
- Combine flour, cornmeal and lemon pepper spice; set aside. In a separate bowl, lightly beat eggs.
- In a large frying pan, melt margarine over medium-high heat.
- Working one at a time, dip filets in egg and dredge in flour until well coated. Cook in hot margarine, turning once, until brown on both sides. Drain briefly on paper towels and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 654.3 calories, Carbohydrate 50.2 g, Cholesterol 229.6 mg, Fat 34.9 g, Fiber 1.9 g, Protein 32.7 g, SaturatedFat 7.6 g, Sodium 645.3 mg, Sugar 1.5 g
Simple and yummy. Recipe courtesy of Taste of Home Cooking Through the Seasons and Regina Rosenberry of Greencastle, Pennsylvania.
Provided by AmyZoe
Categories Very Low Carbs
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine lemon juice, butter, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add the fish and seal bag and turn to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill.
- Drain and discard the marinade.
- Sprinkle the fish with salt and lemon-pepper.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 4 to 6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 298.9, Fat 21, SaturatedFat 9.4, Cholesterol 118, Sodium 575.9, Carbohydrate 2.3, Fiber 0.1, Sugar 0.9, Protein 24.4
LEMON PEPPER TILAPIA (OR CATFISH)
You can purchase lemon pepper at in any grocery store in the spice section, it's also great on veggies and steaks too but really brings out the flavor on fish ;-)
Provided by Kittencalrecipezazz
Yield 6 fish fillets
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a shallow dish combine flour, cornmeal, garlic powder, salt, and lemon pepper until well combined.
- Place the eggs in a shallow dish.
- Dip fish fillets into the eggs then dredge in the flour/cornmeal mixture until well coated.
- Heat butter with oil in a large skillet.
- Add in the fillets and fry until brown on both sides.
- Place the fish on a serving platter and top each fillet with 2 to 3 lemon slices if desired.
CATFISH WITH LEMON/BUTTER SAUCE
I created this recipe for a catfish cooking contest by modifying a recipe for shrimp and spaghetti, which I also developed. -Rita Futral, Ocean Spring, Mississippi
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6-8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Cook mushrooms and garlic, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add broth or wine, lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add catfish, simmer, uncovered, for 6 to 8 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. (Butter sauce will be thin.) Serve over spaghetti. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Garnish with lemon and parsley if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 379 calories, Fat 26g fat (13g saturated fat), Cholesterol 90mg cholesterol, Sodium 668mg sodium, Carbohydrate 18g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 19g protein.
If you've never tried it, or you eat it infrequently, I strongly encourage you to try your hand at cooking this very versatile fish. I promise you that when properly prepared, catfish is "off the hook!" Try this curry recipe as an example.
Provided by Adrian Miller
Categories Main Dish Catfish
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Rinse fillets under cold water and cut into 2-inch pieces.
- Place catfish into a medium saucepan and add water, onions, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer until fish is tender but not breaking apart, about 8 minutes. Transfer fish to a serving platter using a slotted spoon and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Bring the cooking liquid in the saucepan to a boil; continue to boil until it reduces to 1 cup, then keep warm over low heat.
- Combine flour, curry, and butter in a small bowl. Mix with a fork or fingertips to form a smooth paste. Roll teaspoon-sized bits of paste into balls.
- Return the cooking liquid to a simmer. While stirring slowly and continuously, drop the balls into the liquid one at a time, letting each one dissolve before adding the next. Cook until the sauce returns just to a boil and thickens to the consistency of gravy, about 5 minutes. Check the seasoning.
- Pour the gravy over the fish and boiled rice, sprinkle some parsley on top, and serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 602.5 calories, Carbohydrate 53.3 g, Cholesterol 121.9 mg, Fat 23.7 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 40.8 g, SaturatedFat 7.8 g, Sodium 173.2 mg
More about "lemon pepper catfish recipes"
LEMON-PEPPER CATFISH RECIPE | EATINGWELL
5/5 (1)Total Time 45 minsCategory Healthy Catfish RecipesCalories 204 per serving
- Whisk together lemon juice, oil, pepper and salt in a shallow nonreactive dish. Add catfish and turn to coat with marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Grill or broil fish on a lightly oiled rack, turning once, until the fish is opaque, about 10 minutes per inch of thickness. Serve with lemon wedges.
CRISPY LEMON CATFISH RECIPE | MYRECIPES
GRILLED LEMON PEPPER CATFISH - CATFISH
LEMON PEPPER GRILLED CATFISH RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
LEMON PEPPER FRIED FISH - SWEET PEA'S KITCHEN
LEMON PEPPER HOT DIPPED CATFISH - YUMMLY RECIPES
BAKED LEMON PEPPER CATFISH - MOMMY HATES COOKING
LEMON PEPPER GRILLED CATFISH RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
THE BEST CRISPY LEMON PEPPER CATFISH | LEMON PEPPER CATFISH …
10 BEST LEMON PEPPER FISH SIDE DISH RECIPES - YUMMLY
CRISP LEMON-PEPPER CATFISH RECIPE | MYRECIPES
LEMON PEPPER CATFISH FILLETS - THE COOKING BRIDE
LEMON PEPPER BAKED CATFISH RECIPE | THE GRACIOUS WIFE
STEAMED LEMON CATFISH RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
LEMON PEPPER CATFISH | DELTA PRIDE CATFISH BY CONSOLIDATED CATFISH ...
LEMON PEPPER FRIED CATFISH - SOUTHERN BITE
BAKED LEMON CATFISH IN FOIL RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
LEMON PEPPER FISH | MCCORMICK
LEMON PEPPER GRILLED CATFISH - HEY GRILL, HEY
AIR FRYER LEMON PEPPER CATFISH RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
LEMON PEPPER PARCHMENT CATFISH — THE CATFISH INSTITUTE
FRIED LEMON PEPPER FISH | MCCORMICK
LEMON PEPPER CATFISH - CATFISH
LEMON PEPPER BAKED CATFISH RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
GRILLED BUTTERY LEMON-PEPPER CATFISH RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
BAKED LEMON PEPPER CATFISH FILETS - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
EASY BAKED CATFISH WITH LEMON GARLIC BUTTER
PAN-SEARED LEMON HERB CATFISH FILLET - THE WHEATLESS KITCHEN
LEMON PEPPER FRIED CATFISH | RECIPE CART
BROILED LEMON PEPPER FISH | CANADIAN LIVING
LEMON PEPPER CATFISH | RECIPESTY
LEMON PEPPER CATFISH - HEARTLAND CATFISH
LEMON PEPPER SWAI - THERESCIPES.INFO
10 BEST LEMON PEPPER BAKED FISH FILLETS RECIPES - YUMMLY
LEMON PEPPER FRIED CATFISH | RECIPE | FRIED CATFISH RECIPES, CATFISH ...
LEMON PEPPER FISH WITH LEMON BUTTER RICE - CREOLE CONTESSA
LEMON-PEPPER GRILLED CATFISH | RECIPES WIKI - FANDOM
LEMON PEPPER CATFISH RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the Best Baked catfish recipe?Lemon Pepper Baked Catfish. Stir to mix it together really well. Place a catfish fillet in the cornmeal dish and make sure it’s fully coated in the cornmeal mixture. Then place it on a baking sheet, and repeat the cornmeal coating with the remaining catfish. Bake at 400° for about 20 minutes, until the catfish is totally cooked through and flaky...
How to cook catfish fillet in cornmeal?So in a shallow dish, add cornmeal, lemon pepper seasoning, garlic powder, and salt. Stir to mix it together really well. Place a catfish fillet in the cornmeal dish and make sure it's fully coated in the cornmeal mixture. Then place it on a baking sheet, and repeat the cornmeal coating with the remaining catfish.
Is baked lemon pepper catfish good for You?As you plan out your menu for the week this Baked Lemon Pepper Catfish will add a great easy dinner night to your week, plus it’s good for you too!
What's the best way to cook grilled catfish?Nothing beats a late supper of grilled catfish after a hard day's work. It's a favorite of our family during the summertime. —Regina Rosenberry, Greencastle, Pennsylvania In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the lemon juice, butter and Worcestershire sauce. Add the fish; seal bag and turn to coat.