LEMON YOGURT BREAD
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and baking powder. In another bowl, combine the egg, yogurt, oil and lemon juice. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. , Pour into an 8x4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 325° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 177 calories, Fat 7g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 18mg cholesterol, Sodium 176mg sodium, Carbohydrate 26g carbohydrate (14g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
LEMON YOGURT LOAF
Found this recipe in Paula Deen Magazine and it's decribed as a delicate tea bread perfect when you want a change from the usual heavy breads and rich desserts. As I love the taste of lemon and like a lighter dessert. Editor notes that as a substitute for each cup of self-rising flour, you can place 1 1/2 teaspoons baking poweder and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a measuring cup and add all-purpose flour to measure 1 cup, hmmm, neat trick.
Provided by Bonnie G 2
Yield 1 loaf
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a blender, combine 3/4 cup yogurt and apricots; cover and process until smooth.
- In a bowl, cream butter and 3/4 cup confectionsrs' sugar.
- Beat in the eggs, lemon peel and yogurt mixture; mix well.
- Add flour just until combined.
- Spoon into a greased 8 inch x 4 inch x 2 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 325 for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Combine the remaining yogurt and confectioners' sugar; drizzle over loaf.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 2688.8, Fat 111.9, SaturatedFat 64.7, Cholesterol 886.3, Sodium 4159.1, Carbohydrate 370.9, Fiber 12.1, Sugar 177.5, Protein 55.3
LEMONY YOGURT POUND CAKE
Heart-healthy olive oil and protein-rich Greek yogurt take the place of butter in this lemony pound cake. Egg whites also help reduce calories, fat, and cholesterol and whole-wheat flour boosts fiber. The texture is very much like classic pound cake, especially if Bob's Red Mill flour is used.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8 1/2- by 4 1/2-inch loaf pan with baking spray. Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Put the sugar and lemon zest in another bowl and rub the lemon zest into the sugar with your fingers. Add the yogurt, milk, olive oil, vanilla, egg whites and whole egg and vigorously whisk until well blended. Add the flour mixture into the egg mixture and fold until just incorporated. Transfer to the prepared pan. Bake until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, about 50 minutes. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes, and then unmold and cool to room temperature.
LEMON YOGURT CAKE
For the perfect tea cake, bake Ina Garten's Lemon Yogurt Cake recipe, finished with a sweet lemon glaze, from Barefoot Contessa on Food Network.
Provided by Ina Garten
Yield 1 loaf
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8 1/2 by 4 1/4 by 2 1/2-inch loaf pan. Line the bottom with parchment paper. Grease and flour the pan.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt into 1 bowl. In another bowl, whisk together the yogurt, 1 cup sugar, the eggs, lemon zest, and vanilla. Slowly whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. With a rubber spatula, fold the vegetable oil into the batter, making sure it's all incorporated. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 50 minutes, or until a cake tester placed in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, cook the 1/3 cup lemon juice and remaining 1/3 cup sugar in a small pan until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is clear. Set aside.
- When the cake is done, allow it to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Carefully place on a baking rack over a sheet pan. While the cake is still warm, pour the lemon-sugar mixture over the cake and allow it to soak in. Cool.
- For the glaze, combine the confectioners' sugar and lemon juice and pour over the cake.
LEMON POUND CAKE LOAVES
My family always asks for this love-me-tender lemon loaf cake. Sometimes, I shake things up and make cupcakes with the batter. So awesome for brunch! -Lola Baxter, Winnebago, Minnesota
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 mini loaves (6 piece each).
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour two 5-3/4x3x2-in loaf pans., In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add 1 egg at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon zest and extracts. In another bowl, whisk flour, salt and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition., Transfer to prepared pans. Bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely., In a small bowl, mix icing ingredients. Spoon over loaves. Freeze option: Do not make icing. Securely wrap cooled loaves in plastic wrap and foil, then freeze. To use, thaw at room temperature. Prepare icing as directed.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 262 calories, Fat 10g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 58mg cholesterol, Sodium 201mg sodium, Carbohydrate 39g carbohydrate (25g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
EASY LEMON LOAF
Reintroducing our easy lemon loaf! We heard your feedback on our 3-Ingredient Lemon Loaf, so we took it back to our test kitchens. With a couple of added ingredients, this lemon loaf cake is one that everyone can agree on.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 9x5-inch loaf pan with shortening; lightly sprinkle with flour.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, yogurt, melted butter, lemon peel and eggs with electric mixer on low speed until ingredients are moistened; scrape bottom and side of bowl. Beat 2 minutes on medium speed. Pour batter in pan. Sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean. Cool in pan on cooling rack 10 minutes; run metal spatula around edge of loaf to loosen. Remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 90.9, Carbohydrate 3.5 g, Cholesterol 51.3 mg, Fat 2, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 1.4 g, SaturatedFat 5.1 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 13.5 mg, Sugar 1.5 g, TransFat 0 g
LEMON BLUEBERRY YOGURT LOAF
Recipe came from sweetpeaskitchen.com. This is my favorite lemon bread recipe, it is amazing. The sauce and the glaze are the best part.
Provided by puh-leas-no-coconut
Categories Quick Breads
Yield 8 Slices, 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease bottom and sides of one 9 x 5-inch loaf pans; dust with flour, tapping out excess.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt, sugar, eggs, lemon zest, vanilla and oil. Slowly whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. In a separate bowl, mix the blueberries with the remaining tablespoon of flour, and fold them very gently into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake 50 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean. Let cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing loaf to a wire rack on top of a baking sheet.
- While the loaf is cooling, make the lemon syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir together the lemon juice and sugar until the sugar is completely dissolved. Once dissolved, continue to cook for 3 more minutes. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- Use a toothpick to poke holes in the tops and sides of the warm loaf. Brush the top and sides of the loaf with the lemon syrup. Let the syrup soak into the cake and brush again. Let the cake cool completely.
- To make the lemon glaze, in a small bowl, whisk together the confectioners' sugar and 2-3 tablespoons of the lemon juice. The mixture should be thick but pourable. Add up to another tablespoon of lemon juice if the mixture is too stiff. Pour the lemon glaze over the top of each loaf and let it drip down the sides. Let the lemon glaze harden, about 15 minutes, before serving.
- Recipe Notes:.
- This recipe will also yield about 12 standard muffins or 36 miniature muffins, baking time adjusted. It could be doubled and baked in a well-greased and floured bundt pan, baking time adjusted. This recipe could also be baked in an 8-inch square or 9-inch round, to create a thin cake (approx. 1 1/2 inches tall), baking time adjusted. If using frozen blueberries, make sure they are thawed.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 462.4, Fat 16.8, SaturatedFat 3, Cholesterol 73.7, Sodium 278.4, Carbohydrate 73.8, Fiber 1.4, Sugar 52.7, Protein 6.2
More about "lemon yogurt loaf recipes"
LEMON YOGURT ZUCCHINI BREAD - HANDLE THE HEAT
BEST LEMON LOAF CAKE WITH YOGURT - THE WEARY CHEF
SKINNY LEMON AND YOGURT LOAF - SLENDERBERRY
LEMON YOGURT LOAF CAKE RECIPE UK | DEPORECIPE.CO
LEMON-LAVENDER YOGURT LOAF | RECIPE | KITCHEN STORIES
BAREFOOT CONTESSA | LEMON YOGURT CAKE | RECIPES
LEMON YOGURT CAKE - JO COOKS
LEMON YOGURT BREAD - BAKE. EAT. REPEAT.
LEMON BLUEBERRY YOGURT LOAF - JO COOKS
LEMON GREEK YOGURT LOAF CAKE - BEAUTIFUL EATS & THINGS
GREEK YOGURT LEMON LOAF - CHOOSING BALANCE
LEMON LOAF: THE BEST RECIPE EVER!!! - SHE LOVES BISCOTTI
LEMON BLUEBERRY YOGURT LOAF | KICKASS BAKER
LEMON YOGURT LOAF - THE ENGLISH KITCHEN
LEMON YOGURT BREAD | MEL'S KITCHEN CAFE
GREEK GODS YOGURT LEMON LOAF - GREEK GODS YOGURT
LEMON & YOGHURT LOAF - BAKE PLAY SMILE
LEMON YOGHURT CAKE | A SIMPLE LOAF RECIPE - CREATE BAKE MAKE
LEMON YOGURT POUND CAKE | EASY AND MOIST WITH LOTS OF LEMON …
LEMON YOGURT CAKE RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
THIS IS THE RECIPE FOR SUGAR FREE LEMON LOAF CAKE
LEMON YOGURT LOAF RECIPE | RECIPELAND
LEMON YOGURT CAKE RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
SIMPLE LEMON YOGURT LOAF CAKE - SIMPLE PARTY FOOD
HOMEMADE LEMON YOGURT LOAF CAKE - TRADITIONAL HOME BAKING
LEMON YOGURT LOAF CAKE - MY KITCHEN CRAZE
FRENCH LEMON YOGURT CAKE - CAROLINE'S COOKING
LEMON YOGURT CAKE - CULINARY HILL
LEMON YOGURT LOAF WITH OLIVE OIL - BAKING WITH BUTTER
HEALTHIER LEMON LOAF CAKE - HAPPY KIDS KITCHEN BY HEATHER WISH …
LEMON YOGURT LOAF CAKE - GEMMA’S BIGGER BOLDER BAKING
GREEK YOGURT LEMON LOAF RECIPE - WITH COCONUT OIL
LEMON POPPY SEED FRENCH YOGURT LOAF - PARDON YOUR FRENCH
LEMON POPPYSEED LOAF WITH YOGURT GLAZE - WHAT'S GABY COOKING
YOGURT LEMON LOAF RECIPE
BLUEBERRY LEMON YOGURT LOAF RECIPE - RECIPES - TEXASREALFOOD
YOGURT LEMON LOAF RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
#time-to-make #course #preparation #desserts #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to make a moist Lemon Loaf?While the cake is baking you can make the lemon glaze. Simply add the lemon juice and sugar to a saucepan and cook until the sugar dissolves. I would say this lemon glaze is a must because it truly does make the loaf moist and adds that much extra lemony flavor.
Is Greek yogurt lemon loaf healthy?This greek yogurt lemon loaf is melt in your mouth delicious! Oh Greek Yogurt Lemon Loaf, how I love you. Full of healthier ingredients but with that sweet lemon-y glaze that practically melts in your mouth.
What is the best recipe to make lemon yogurt cake?Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Put the sugar and lemon zest in another bowl and rub the lemon zest into the sugar with your fingers. Add the yogurt, milk, olive oil, vanilla, egg whites and whole egg and vigorously whisk until well blended.
How do you make lemon yogurt loaf with olive oil?Light and tender full of lemon flavor, this lemon yogurt loaf with olive oil is simple to whip together. Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C regular oven. Grease or line a 8x4inch/21x11cm loaf tin. In a large bowl, combine the sugar and the lemon zest. Rub it together with your fingers to release the oils from the lemon zest. Stir in the lemon juice.