LIGHT TURKEY MEATBALLS
Stock the freezer with these healthy basics and, when the mood strikes, try them in our Whole-Wheat Spaghetti and Turkey Meatballs, Turkey-Meatball Salad with Roasted Peppers and Parmesan, or in Mini Barbecue Meatball Sliders.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes 35
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Place bread in food processor; pulse until fine crumbs form. In a small bowl, mix breadcrumbs with milk; set aside at least 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine turkey, scallions, garlic, parsley, egg, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and breadcrumb mixture; mix gently with a fork.
- With hands, form mixture into balls, each equal to 2 level tablespoons; arrange in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- To freeze, place baking sheet with meatballs in the freezer, and freeze for 1 hour to set their shape; transfer frozen meatballs to an airtight container or resealable plastic bag, and freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 35 g, Fat 2 g, Protein 4 g
LIGHTENED UP TURKEY MEATBALLS AND SAUCE
This won grand prize in that's Amore contest for Taste of Home's Healthy Cooking magazine. This will appear in the Aug/Sept issue, and there will be a mini write up on me also. This week I received a surprise from the folks at Taste of Home's healthy cooking a complimentary copy of the annual recipes in hardcover. This recipe is on the cover. Basically it is a recipe for meatballs that are lightend up by using ground turkey and baking the meatballs instead of frying. They changed it bc of sodium perimiters to 1 can of tomato sauce, I would never do it that way.
Provided by Jane Whittaker @janenov46
Categories Other Main Dishes
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Pre heat oven to 350°
- Combine all meat ball ingredients.
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil (no cleanup).
- Make meatballs as large as you like them I like mine on the small side, about 1 inches around.
- Bakefor 25 to 30 minutes, until browned, turning a few times. They will finish up cooking in the sauce.
- While meatballs are browning, chop all your veggies, and line the slow cooker with a disposable liner.
- Put veggies in the slowcooker and all the rest of the sauce ingredients, stir to combine.
- Add the meatballs and turn cooker on low. Cover and cook for 6 hours.
- Nice served over spaghetti, and with a salad an garlic bread.
LIGHTENED-UP TURKEY MEATBALLS
- In a medium pan, heat olive oil over medium. Saute onion and mushrooms until onion is translucent and mushrooms are soft, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in breadcrumbs. Let cool to room temperature; slowly stir in milk.
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain and return to pot. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, gently combine breadcrumb mixture with turkey, basil, 2 tablespoons Pecorino, 3 teaspoons salt, and egg white. Form into 30 meatballs.
- In a medium pot, bring the marinara to a simmer. Submerge the meatballs in the sauce and simmer until cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes. Serve over spaghetti, topped with remaining tablespoon Pecorino and basil leaves.
SWEDISH TURKEY MEATBALLS
I've tried a few different Swedish Meatballs recipes and also the sauce packets they sell at the stores but I've never been happy with the results. One night I really wanted to make Swedish Meatballs, and after looking on multiple websites for recipes, I finally gave up and made up my own. It turned out delicious!
Provided by Ashlea Beers
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Mix ground turkey, bread crumbs, egg, Parmesan cheese, garlic, and Italian seasoning by hand in a large bowl. Form mixture into 1 1/2-inch meatballs.
- Place beef broth in a microwave-safe container and microwave on high until hot, about 2 minutes. Whisk flour into beef broth until smooth.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add meatballs, in batches if necessary, and cook until browned on all sides, about 2 minutes per side. Reduce heat to low. Pour in beef broth slowly over meatballs. Stir in heavy cream, Worcestershire sauce, and black pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until meatballs are cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook egg noodles, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, 8 to 10 minutes; drain. Serve meatballs and sauce over noodles.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 435.3 calories, Carbohydrate 15.2 g, Cholesterol 180.8 mg, Fat 29.4 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 28.3 g, SaturatedFat 14.6 g, Sodium 533.5 mg, Sugar 1.3 g
BASIC TURKEY MEATBALLS RECIPE BY TASTY
Everybody loves meatball night! These classic turkey meatballs pair perfectly with your favorite pasta and sauce, or alongside any of your favorite vegetables. Make a double or triple batch of meatballs and freeze for future meals!
Provided by Betsy Carter
Yield 14 meatballs
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F (200°C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the onion and cook, stirring often, until softened and golden brown, about 7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until aromatic, about 1 minute. Remove the pan from the heat and let the onion mixture cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey, egg, panko, Parmesan, parsley, salt, pepper, and onion mixture. Use your hands to mix until just combined.
- Shape the turkey mixture into 1½-inch balls (you should have about 14). Place on the prepared baking sheet, spacing 2 inches apart.
- Bake the meatballs until browned and cooked through, 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with pasta and sauce of your choice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 94 calories, Carbohydrate 4 grams, Fat 4 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 8 grams, Sugar 1 gram
More about "lightened up turkey meatballs recipes"
EASY TURKEY SWEDISH MEATBALLS (LIGHTENED UP) - PLATINGS
3.8/5 (66)Total Time 30 minsCategory Main DishCalories 265 per serving
- In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, bread crumbs, egg, garlic, parsley, allspice, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Shape mixture into 2-inch balls and place in a casserole dish. Pour 1 cup chicken broth around meatballs.
LIGHTENED-UP TURKEY SWEDISH MEATBALLS RECIPE - DIETHOOD
4.3/5 (3)Total Time 45 minsCategory Dinner/AppetizersCalories 245 per serving
- In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, bread crumbs, egg, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, fresh ground pepper, garlic and oregano.
LIGHTENED-UP TURKEY VEGGIE MEATBALLS! - MONICA …
OVEN BAKED ITALIAN TURKEY MEATBALLS | BUNS IN MY OVEN
LIGHTENED-UP (TURKEY) SWEDISH MEATBALLS RECIPE
LIGHTENED-UP TURKEY SWEDISH MEATBALLS RECIPE - HOMEMADE …
TURKEY MEATBALLS WITH GRAVY - COOK2EATWELL - RECIPES
HEALTHY TURKEY MEATBALLS RECIPE | COOKING LIGHT
HEALTHY TURKEY SWEDISH MEATBALLS - JAR OF LEMONS
HEALTHY TURKEY MEATBALLS RECIPE - JOYFOODSUNSHINE
BAKED TURKEY MEATBALLS AND LIGHTENED UP CREAMED SPINACH
TURKEY MEATBALLS IN CREAMY GRAVY - HOUSE OF YUMM
ITALIAN TURKEY MEATBALLS - SKINNYTASTE
10+ TURKEY MEATBALL RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
JUICIEST EVER BAKED TURKEY MEATBALLS | THE MEDITERRANEAN …
LIGHTENED-UP (TURKEY) SWEDISH MEATBALLS | MEATBALL RECIPES EASY ...
SPAGHETTI TURKEY MEATBALLS RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
LIGHTENED-UP (TURKEY) SWEDISH MEATBALLS RECIPE
BAKED TURKEY MEATBALLS + ITALIAN TURKEY MEATBALL SUBS - UMAMI GIRL
TURKEY MEATBALLS IN DIJON GRAVY | LITE CRAVINGS | WW RECIPES
ASIAN TURKEY MEATBALLS: A LIGHTENED UP RECIPE
TURKEY MEATBALLS - 30-MINUTE RECIPE [VIDEO] -THE RECIPE REBEL
BAKED TURKEY MEATBALLS | EASY ITALIAN RECIPE – WELLPLATED.COM
SUMMER TURKEY MEATBALLS WITH ANGEL HAIR - WHAT'S GABY COOKING
ASIAN TURKEY MEATBALLS - BELLE OF THE KITCHEN
TURKEY MEATBALLS IN MARINARA SAUCE - ONCE UPON A CHEF
EASY TURKEY MEATBALLS - GIRL GONE GOURMET
EASY TURKEY SWEDISH MEATBALLS RECIPE | THE CHICKEN WEBSITE
TURKEY MEATBALLS - CRAVING HOME COOKED
LIGHTENED-UP (TURKEY) SWEDISH MEATBALLS RECIPE (DIETHOOD
SWEDISH TURKEY MEATBALLS - EMILY BITES
LIGHTENED-UP MEATBALLS RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
BROWN SUGAR-GLAZED TURKEY MEATBALLS RECIPE - DIETHOOD
LIGHTENED UP TRADITIONAL SPAGHETTI & MEATBALLS RECIPE
TURKEY MEATBALL SLIDERS - DAMN DELICIOUS
LIGHTENED UP TURKEY MEATBALLS WITH CHIMICHURRI
LIGHTENED-UP SWEDISH MEATBALLS - HEALTHY DELICIOUS
LIGHTENED-UP (TURKEY) SWEDISH MEATBALLS RECIPE - MASTERCOOK
ASIAN GLAZED TURKEY MEATBALLS - SWEET SAVORY AND STEPH
GLUTEN FREE TURKEY MEATBALLS WITH SPINACH - LEXI'S CLEAN KITCHEN
FREEZER-FRIENDLY MEAL PREP: BAKED TURKEY MEATBALLS
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook ground Turkey meatballs?Instructions 1 In a medium size pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and saute until golden, being careful not to burn. ... 2 Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine ground turkey, breadcrumbs, egg, parsley, garlic and cheese. ... 3 Add the meatballs to the sauce and cook about 20 minutes. ...
What is the best way to cook Swedish meatballs?Easy Turkey Swedish Meatballs are a lightened-up version of traditional Swedish Meatballs. Served in a delicious, creamy sauce. Serve them over mashed potatoes, rice or egg noodles. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, bread crumbs, egg, garlic, parsley, allspice, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
How do you make meatballs with Parmesan?In a large bowl, combine the spices, Parmesan, and ground turkey. Add the egg and stir very gently to combine. Shape into meatballs and place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Brush the meatballs with olive oil.
How do you keep Turkey meatballs from shrinking when baking?Together with an egg and a little bit of good extra virgin olive oil, the bread (or binder) will help prevent the baked turkey meatballs from shrinking too much and turning tough. This easy turkey meatballs recipe with spinach requires a few simple ingredients. Here is what you’ll need: 1 slice whole wheat bread, crust removed – DO NOT skip this!