NUTTY CARAMEL POPCORN
Folks who've tasted my snack are quick to remind me to make it again for them the following Christmas! The sugary combination of popcorn and crunchy nuts hits the spot. -Sharon Buchinski, Endeavour, Saskatchewan
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 20 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place popcorn in a large greased bowl. Sprinkle pecans and almonds over top; set aside. In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, butter and corn syrup; cook and stir over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 300°-310° (hard-crack stage). , Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Immediately pour over popcorn mixture; toss gently. Spread on greased baking sheets. When cool, break into small pieces. Store in airtight containers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 278 calories, Fat 19g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 25mg cholesterol, Sodium 182mg sodium, Carbohydrate 27g carbohydrate (18g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
NUTTY CARAMEL CORN
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Put the oil and 3 or 4 popcorn kernels in a large pot with a lid (at least 6 quarts). Cover the pot and turn the heat up to medium-high. Wait until you hear one of the kernels pop, then uncover the pot and add the remaining kernels. Quickly stir everything together then replace the lid. Cook the popcorn until the kernels begin popping and then reduce the heat slightly. Cook, shaking often, until the rate of popping starts to slow, 2 to 3 minutes. Do not wait for all of the kernels to pop or they will burn. Take off the heat.
- Combine the brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and salt in a medium pot. Heat over medium heat until melted and smooth. Stir in the baking soda.
- Pour the nuts on top of the popcorn. Then pour the caramel into the pot with the popcorn; stir to coat and spread the popcorn onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake, stirring occasionally, until slightly golden, about 20 minutes. Cool completely, and then break apart before serving.
NUTTY CARAMEL CORN
This is what I call real Chicago regional cuisine. Garrets, a popcorn shop in Chicago with lines out the door always, is famous for it's caramel corn and cheese corn. I love them both and have been known at times to mix the two for that favorite of flavor combinations, salt and sweet. Cracker Jack, the best known brand of caramel corn was invented and is produced in Chicago since 1893 when it was shown, of course, at the Colombian exhibition. We're known as the Candy Capital because of the large number of Candy Manufacturers that have made Chicago there home because of good railway systems to bring in ingredients from far away and plenty of corn all over the state to make the main ingredient, corn syrup. My favorite "toy surprise inside" was a miniature blue toaster with a piece of toast. It was about 1 inch big and I still have it in my charm collection with my play food. null You can, of course, use what ever your favorite kind of nuts are. Spanish peanuts are the classic, but think open-minded and try something different. Pistachios or pine nuts perhaps.
Provided by Food Network
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Pour the sugar into the center of a deep saucepan fitted with a candy thermometer. Carefully pour the water around the walls of the pan, trying not to splash any sugar onto the walls. Do not stir; gently draw your finger twice through the center of the sugar, making a cross, to moisten it. Over high heat, bring to a full boil and cook without stirring until golden caramel, about 10 to 15 minutes, swirling the mixture occasionally to even out the color.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the butter. Add the popcorn, pecans, and cashews. Pour onto a silicone baking mat on the counter, or a marble surface. Let the mixture cool a few minutes; then start breaking it up into clusters, working quickly so it doesn't harden and you don't burn yourself. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- Note: I use Black Diamond Popcorn with its petit size "hulless" kernel. To popcorn properly, place the kernels in a heavy-bottomed large pot and cover then with oil. Put the lid on and cook on high until you hear the first pop. Immediately take it off the heat and let it sit 1 minute. Then return it to the heat and finish popping, shaking the pan the whole time. I don't know why this is better but this is what my dad does and his popcorn was always the best.
LOVELY LISA'S SWEET AND SALTY CARAMEL POPCORN
Anyone that has been to the movie theatre with me has tasted popcorn and red licorice together and has appreciated the flavours as much as I have! I am definitely a candy novice, but this recipe is so easy and the results are fantastic! My guy and I have worked together to perfect this recipe and have given it for gifts to all our friends and family this year! Enjoy!
Provided by Lisa Marie
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. Measure baking soda and vanilla extract into separate small bowls; set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large saucepan; add popcorn, cover, and cook, shaking often, until fully popped, about 5 minutes. Transfer popcorn to a large roasting pan using a strainer or your hands, leaving unpopped kernels in the saucepan. Distribute chopped licorice and broken pretzels evenly over popcorn.
- Bring the brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, and cream of tartar to a boil in a heavy pot, stirring constantly. Place a candy thermometer into the caramel mixture, and continue boiling, stirring constantly, until mixture reaches 265 degrees F (129 degrees C), about 10 minutes.
- Remove caramel from heat. Stir vanilla and baking soda into the caramel; it will foam and rise slightly. Pour hot caramel over popcorn mixture, stirring gently to coat evenly. Spread the popcorn mixture loosely onto the prepared baking sheets. Season to taste with sea salt; set aside to cool, about 20 minutes.
- Break popcorn mixture into chunks. Store in airtight bags or containers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 266.3 calories, Carbohydrate 38.8 g, Cholesterol 30.5 mg, Fat 12.5 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 1.6 g, SaturatedFat 7.5 g, Sodium 249.2 mg, Sugar 22 g
NUTTY CARAMEL POPCORN
A great twist on boring old popcorn. Mix and match whatever nuts you prefer. I've used this an extra gift for Christmas and for parties.
Provided by Carmen B.
Yield 16 cups
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Butter a large roasting pan.
- Combine popped corn and nuts in the prepared pan, mixing well. Place in the oven while preparing the glaze.
- In a large heavy saucepan over medium heat, combine the brown sugar, corn syrup, butter, orange zest and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until the sugar dissolves. Boil for 4 minutes without stirring.
- Remove from the heat and mix in the vanilla and baking soda. BE VERY CAREFUL WITH THE SODA AS IT MAY MAKE THE SYRUP FOAM UP AND SPATTER A BIT!Gradually pour the glaze over the popped corn mixture, stirring to coat well.
- Bake until dry; stirring occasionally, approximately 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven. Using a metal spatula, free the popcorn from the bottom of the pan. Let cool completely in the pan.
- Break into clumps. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 339.4, Fat 23.4, SaturatedFat 6.2, Cholesterol 15.2, Sodium 149.2, Carbohydrate 32.1, Fiber 2.7, Sugar 17.4, Protein 4.5
NUTTY CARAMEL POPCORN
- Boil boil sugar, margarine, corn syrup and nuts for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add soda and vanilla. Pour over 3-4 gallons of popped corn that is spread in shallow pans.
- Bake at 250 degrees F for 1 hour stirring every 15 minutes.
- Immediately spread out onto wax paper. When cool, break apart and store in airtight containers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 0 g, Fat 0 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 g, Sodium 0 g, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 0 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 0 g
Great caramel popcorn for any holiday or occasion. If you like chewy popcorn, bake the coated corn a little less.
Provided by BS4U2C
Categories Popcorn Candy
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Place popcorn in a very large bowl.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil without stirring 4 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in vanilla and baking soda. Pour caramel in a thin stream over popcorn while stirring. Stir until evenly coated.
- Divide popcorn between two large shallow baking dishes. Bake in the preheated oven, stirring every 15 minutes, for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before breaking into pieces.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 252.5 calories, Carbohydrate 32.8 g, Cholesterol 24.4 mg, Fat 14 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 0.9 g, SaturatedFat 6.6 g, Sodium 340 mg, Sugar 23.6 g
LINDA'S NUTTY CARAMEL POPCORN
I used to live in NH and lots of times went to the beach, where they sell the most delicious caramel nut popcorn. This recipe does the trick for me when I am wanting some, now that I live away from the beach. It is an INCREDIBLE snack any time of day or night! Preparation time does not include the time used to make popcorn.
Provided by Lindas Busy Kitchen
Yield 2 lg. tins
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Pop popcorn, and set aside to cool.
- Mix popcorn and nuts together on a lg. cookie sheet (no smaller than 11x17x2-inch).
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- In heavy saucepan add sugars, butter, and syrup. Cook, stirring constantly, for about 8 minutes to 245-250°F using a candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat, and add soda and vanilla. Stir well, until creamy.
- Pour over popped corn and nuts, and mix well to coat all the corn with the mixture.
- Bake at 300°F, for 10 minutes, then stir.
- Bake 10 more minutes
- Transfer to a large sheet of aluminum foil.
- Spread mixture thin. Let cool completely.
- Break up, and store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 2048.9, Fat 115.8, SaturatedFat 46.2, Cholesterol 162.8, Sodium 1518.8, Carbohydrate 251.8, Fiber 13.9, Sugar 176.2, Protein 22.6
More about "lindas nutty caramel popcorn recipes"
NUTTY CARAMEL POPCORN | WHAT'S FOR DINNER?
THE BEST NUTTY CARAMEL POPCORN RECIPE @ NOT QUITE …
HOMEMADE CARAMEL CORN WITH NUTS - LIFE, LOVE, AND …
NUTTY CARAMEL POPCORN RECIPE - REDBOOK
CARAMEL NUT POPCORN CRUNCH - THE LITTLE EPICUREAN
CARAMEL NUT POPCORN RECIPE | SIDECHEF
NUTTY CARAMEL CORN - BIGOVEN.COM
NUTTY CARAMEL CORN - TODAY.COM
NUTTY CARAMEL CORN RECIPE - KATE JENNINGS | FOOD & WINE
CARAMEL POPCORN WITH NUTS RECIPE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
HOW TO MAKE NUTTY CARAMEL CORN ARTICLE - DUMMIES
HOW TO MAKE DAVID GUAS’S NUTTY CARAMEL POPCORN - WASHINGTONIAN
CARAMEL NUT POPCORN | CANADIAN LIVING
NUTTY AND NICE CRUNCHY CARAMEL POPCORN - ENGLISH
NUTTY SALTED CARAMEL POPCORN - RECIPECIRCUS.COM
CARAMEL COATED NUTTY POPCORN · THE CRAFTY BOOMER
NUTTY CARAMEL CORN - BUDGET BYTES
RECIPE DETAIL PAGE | LCBO
CHILLI CARAMEL NUTTY POPCORN - NOT QUITE NIGELLA
CARAMEL-NUT POPCORN RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
NUTTY CARAMEL POPCORN | RECIPE | RECIPES, CHRISTMAS RECIPES EASY, …
CARAMEL POPCORN WITH MIXED NUTS - NATURE'S EATS
SALTED CARAMEL CASHEW NUT POPCORN - LOVEFOODIES
NUTTY CARAMEL CORN RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
CARAMEL NUT POPCORN | ONE POT CHEF - YOUTUBE
SALT CARAMEL POPCORN - RECIPE - LILY VANILLI
CARAMEL NUT CRUNCH POPCORN - YOUTUBE
LINDA S NUTTY CARAMEL POPCORN RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
EASY HONEY CARAMEL POPCORN - BAKING WITH BUTTER
NUTTY CARAMEL CORN - RECIPECIRCUS.COM
OVEN-BAKED CARAMEL POPCORN - SERVING UP SOUTHERN
NUTTY CARAMEL POPCORN - DELICIOUS LIVING
NUTTY CARAMEL POPCORN RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF HOME
NUT BUTTERY POPCORN / ALMOND BUTTER POPCORN (GLUTEN ... - WHOLE …
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make the perfect caramel popcorn?Take off the heat. Combine the brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and salt in a medium pot. Heat over medium heat until melted and smooth. Stir in the baking soda. Pour the nuts on top of the popcorn. Then pour the caramel into the pot with the popcorn; stir to coat and spread the popcorn onto the prepared baking sheet.
How to cook popcorn in the oven?Learn How it Works... Heat oven to 200°F. Place popcorn in large ungreased roasting pan; set aside. Combine brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, and salt in 2-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 12-14 minutes or until mixture comes to a full boil.
Where can I find caramel corn and cheese corn?Garrets, a popcorn shop in Chicago with lines out the door always, is famous for it's caramel corn and cheese corn. I love them both and have been known at times to mix the two for that favorite of flavor combinations, salt and sweet.
Why is my caramel popcorn grainy?Your caramel popcorn is likely grainy because you forgot to add the baking soda. Baking soda breaks up the sugar molecules and makes the caramel smooth and light. Without it (or if it’s past its best-by date), the sugar crystals will clump together, making the caramel grainy.