LOW SODIUM MAPLE PECAN MUFFINS
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease muffin cups or use paper liners.
- Mix flours and pecans in a large bowl. Put egg yolks, milk, maple syrup and melted butter into a medium size bowl. Put egg whites into another bowl. Beat with an electric mixer at high speed until soft peaks form. Add sugar 1 T. at a time, beating well after each addition. Whites should be glossy, very white and form stiff peaks.
- Use the same beaters to beat the milk mixture until well blended. Pour milk mixture over dry ingredients and fold in until dry ingredients are fairly well moistened. Scrape the egg whites over the top and fold in gently, just until blended.
- Fill cups almost to the top with batter. Bake about 20 minutes until lightly browned. Cool in pan about 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 103.2, Fat 3.6, SaturatedFat 1.4, Cholesterol 28.5, Sodium 29.4, Carbohydrate 15.1, Fiber 0.8, Sugar 5.5, Protein 2.9
MORNING MAPLE MUFFINS
Maple combines with a subtle touch of cinnamon and nuts to give these muffins the flavor of a hearty pancake breakfast. But you don't have to sit down to enjoy them. Our 2-year-old comes back for seconds, and even my husband-who doesn't normally like muffins-likes these. -Elizabeth Talbot, Lexington, Kentucky
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 muffins.
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine milk, butter, syrup, sour cream, egg and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened., Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. For topping, combine flour, sugar, nuts and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter. , Bake 16-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Freeze option: Freeze cooled muffins in freezer containers. To use, thaw at room temperature or, if desired, microwave each muffin on high for 20-30 seconds or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 212 calories, Fat 9g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 36mg cholesterol, Sodium 211mg sodium, Carbohydrate 30g carbohydrate (16g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
MAPLE PECAN MUFFINS
Super flavorful whole grain muffin sweetened with maple syrup and chock full of pecans. The first time I made these my husband kept saying, "Do NOT lose this recipe! This is great!" I don't remember where I originally saw it, but I'm posting it here for safekeeping at his request.
Provided by Deb in TX
Categories Quick Breads
Yield 12 muffins, 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients (except pecans) in large mixing bowl.
- Beat together egg, maple syrup, milk, butter and vanilla.
- Stir into dry mixture just until moistened. Stir in pecans.
- Spoon batter into greased muffin pans.
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar lightly on top of muffins before baking.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Makes 12 muffins.
More about "low sodium maple pecan muffins recipes"
BANANA PECAN MAPLE MUFFINS - COOKING FOR MY SOUL
KETO SPICED PECAN MUFFINS-ONLY 1 NET CARB PER MUFFIN!
LOW CARB MAPLE AND PECAN MUFFINS
LOW-CARB CARAMEL MAPLE PECAN MUFFINS | KETODIET BLOG
LOW SODIUM BLUEBERRY MUFFINS - TASTY, HEALTHY HEART RECIPES
EASY PECAN MUFFINS - A LOW CARB TREAT - THE FOODIE AFFAIR
LOW-FODMAP PECAN CINNAMON CRUMB MUFFINS; GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY …
GLUTEN FREE MAPLE PECAN MUFFINS - DITCH THE WHEAT
MAPLE PECAN PALEO MUFFINS WITH CINNAMON - SIMPLY JILLICIOUS
10 BEST LOW SODIUM MUFFINS RECIPES | YUMMLY
MAPLE PECAN MUFFINS » HUMMINGBIRD HIGH
LOW SODIUM MAPLE PECAN MUFFINS - CHAMPSDIET.COM
MAPLE PECAN HIGH-PROTEIN MUFFINS - BODYBUILDING.COM
SUGAR FREE PECAN PIE MUFFINS - THE SUGAR FREE DIVA
MAPLE PECAN MUFFINS - CHEEKYKITCHEN
THE ULTIMATE HEALTHY BANANA NUT MUFFINS - AMY'S HEALTHY BAKING
KETO MAPLE PECAN MUFFINS RECIPE | FRESH N' LEAN
LOW SODIUM MAPLE PECAN MUFFINS RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
MAPLE PECAN BANANA MUFFINS - SKINNYTASTE
KETO PECAN PIE MUFFINS (GRAIN FREE, LOW CARB, SUGAR FREE)
PALEO MAPLE PECAN MUFFINS - SUNNYSIDEUPS.ORG
MAPLE PECAN MUFFINS RECIPE - COOKING INDEX
MAPLE PECAN KETO MUFFINS - RULED ME
VERY CRANBERRY PECAN MUFFINS - SKIP THE SALT - LOW SODIUM RECIPES
KETO PECAN MUFFINS (EASY TO MAKE AND TASTY!) - DRJOCKERS.COM
EASY HEALTHY LOW SODIUM RECIPES FROM DR. GOURMET
GLUTEN FREE MAPLE PECAN MUFFINS - WELL FED BAKER
LOW-CARB CARAMEL MAPLE PECAN MUFFINS | KETODIET BLOG
MAPLE PECAN MUFFINS - JOY THE BAKER
MAPLE PECAN BANANA MUFFINS RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
KETO MAPLE PECAN MUFFINS WITH MAPLE GLAZE - SPINACH TIGER
GRAIN-FREE MAPLE PECAN BANANA BREAD MUFFINS - WHOLESOMELICIOUS
MAPLE PECAN MUFFINS | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE COMMUNITY!
MINI MAPLE PECAN BANANA MUFFINS - EVERYDAYMAVEN™
FIVE MINUTE LOW-FODMAP MAPLE CINNAMON AND PECAN MUG …
LOW CARB ALL NATURAL MAPLE NUT MUFFIN RECIPE - DIXIE DINERS' CLUB
MAPLE PECAN GLUTEN FREE MUFFINS | THE GLUTEN FREE OPTION - TRINA …
MAPLE PECAN OATMEAL MUFFINS | VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE - EVOLVING TABLE
MAPLE PECAN MUFFINS - SUGAR DUSTED SWEETS
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #for-large-groups #breads #fruit #muffins #nuts #dietary #low-sodium #quick-breads #low-in-something #number-of-servings
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to bake pecan muffins?Add 1 cup of the pecans to a food processor and pulse until finely ground (do not let this become a paste). Whisk together the 1 cup pecan crumbs, brown sugar, flour, eggs, and melted butter. Scoop into muffin tins. Chop the remaining pecans coarsely and sprinkle over muffin batter. Bake for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
How do you make low sodium blueberry muffins?These low sodium blueberry muffins are buttery, soft, and moist. For that bakery style goodness, top with a nutty, brown sugar cinnamon streusel. Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray a 12-count or 6-count jumbo muffin pan with nonstick spray. Set aside. Mix all of the crunchy topping ingredients together. Set aside.
How do you make pecan butter cookies?Pecans: Put 1 cup of pecans into a food processor and pulse them into crumbs. Be careful not to process so much that it forms a paste. Batter: Once the pecans are at a crumb consistency whisk them in a bowl with brown sugar, flour, eggs, and melted butter. Continue whisking until combined, but don’t over mix.
What kind of flour do you use for mixed nut muffins?If you want you can also combine a few different kinds of nuts to make mixed nut muffins. Flour: For more nutritious muffins try using whole wheat flour, or if you need gluten-free muffins use almond flour, buckwheat flour, or arrowroot flour.