LUCIANO'S MIDNIGHT PASTA
This dish, for lovers of pasta, garlic and chilies, could hardy be simpler or more delicious. The flavor is enhanced by the quality of the olive oil and the fire of the chilies. Be heedful that this is not a sauce, as such - rather, each strand of spaghetti is coated with luscious, garlicky oil, and little red and green flecks of chili and parsley. If you prefer a milder, less fiery, dish, use two or less chilies, and remove the seeds. Adapted from Beverley Sutherland Smith's, 'A Taste in Time'. For a variation, I sometimes saute about 8 ounces sliced portobello mushrooms in butter, and top each serving with a spoonful or two. Yum.
Provided by Daydream
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large pan, heat plenty of water to boiling point, then add salt and oil.
- Add the spaghetti, cook until al dente, and then drain.
- While the spaghetti is cooking, gently heat the olive oil.
- Add the chilies and garlic to the oil, and warm gently.
- It is important not to fry the garlic, otherwise it will become bitter.
- Place 1/3 of the spaghetti in a large bowl, then add 1/3 of the chili/garlic oil, 1/3 of the parsley, and 1/3 of the cheese.
- Toss all together well.
- Repeat twice more with remaining spaghetti, chili/garlic oil, parsley and cheese.
- When all is mixed well together, re-heat the pasta for a minute or two in a microwave oven.
- Serve piping hot in bowls, and pass around extra Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 732.7, Fat 34.1, SaturatedFat 5.6, Cholesterol 5.5, Sodium 1851, Carbohydrate 88.4, Fiber 4.2, Sugar 3.3, Protein 18
MIDNIGHT PASTA WITH ROASTED GARLIC, OLIVE OIL AND CHILE
This recipe is a version of aglio e olio pasta, which is often known as midnight pasta because it can be made quickly with a few pantry staples: garlic, olive oil, red-pepper flakes and pasta. This recipe takes a bit more time because it calls for roasting the garlic first, but doing so adds a complex, mellow flavor to the entire dish. If you're a planner, you could even roast a couple of heads of garlic in advance. (Roasted garlic will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks and in the freezer for up to two months.) Add whatever vegetables or proteins look good to you.
Provided by Ali Slagle
Categories dinner, pastas, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Cut off the top 1/4 inch of the head of garlic to expose the top of the cloves, then place on a piece of foil, cut-side up. Sprinkle exposed cloves with salt, then drizzle with 1 teaspoon oil. Wrap the garlic in the foil and roast until soft and golden brown, 40 to 50 minutes.
- When you're ready to make the pasta, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Finely chop the parsley leaves. Add pasta to the boiling water and cook according to package instructions until al dente. Reserve 1 cup of the pasta water, then drain the pasta.
- While the pasta cooks, in a large Dutch oven or skillet, heat the remaining 1/2 cup oil over medium heat. Squeeze the roasted garlic cloves into the oil and cook, breaking them up with your spoon, until very fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the red-pepper flakes and a few generous grinds of pepper. Remove the pan from the heat to infuse the oil while the pasta finishes cooking.
- When the pasta's done, heat the garlic oil over medium, then add the cooked pasta, 1/2 cup reserved pasta water and the parsley, and simmer, tossing constantly and adding more pasta water as needed, until the pasta is glossed with sauce.
- Serve with more red-pepper flakes, black pepper and Parmesan.
MIDNIGHT SPAGHETTI RECIPE - (4.5/5)
Provided by lindaauman
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add 2 tablespoons of salt and the pasta and cook according to the directions on the package. Set aside 1 cup of the pasta cooking water before you drain the pasta. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil over medium heat in a pot large enough to hold the pasta, such as a 12-inch saute pan or a large, shallow pot. Add the garlic (optional mushrooms)and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until it just begins to turn golden on the edges-don't overcook it! Add the red pepper flakes and cook for 30 seconds more. Carefully add the reserved pasta-cooking water and wine to the garlic and oil and bring to a boil. Lower the heat, add 1 teaspoon of salt, (optional peas) and simmer for about 5 minutes, until the liquid is reduced by about a third. Add the drained pasta (optional chicken and tomatoes) to the garlic sauce and toss. Off the heat, add the parsley and parmesan and toss well. Allow the pasta to rest off the heat for 5 minutes for the sauce to be absorbed. Taste for seasoning and serve warm with extra Parmesan on the side.
MIDNIGHT PASTA RECIPE - (4.7/5)
Provided by á-14060
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over medium-high heat. Season with salt. Add the spaghetti to the water and stir occasionally. Cook 1 minute less than the package instructions. Drain and reserve 1 cup of pasta water. Place a saute pan over medium heat and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the breadcrumbs and toast until golden and crispy. Remove from the heat and set aside. Preheat a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add 6 tablespoons of olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, anchovies, and lemon zest and cook, stirring occasionally for 4-5 minutes, until melted and aromatic. Increase the heat to medium-high and add the pasta water. Stir vigorously, and add the pasta, tossing to coat the spaghetti. Remove from heat and add the lemon juice. Garnish with breadcrumbs and mint. HOMEMADE BREAD CRUMBS: Place stale bread in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until roughly chopped. If you have no stale bread, toast your bread before placing in the food processor. Tip: Perfect recipe to use with pantry ingredients or leftovers! Use bacon or capers if you don't have any anchovies or would like to substitute.
More about "lucianos midnight pasta recipes"
MIDNIGHT PASTA RECIPE - LOS ANGELES TIMES
Servings 4Total Time 20 minsEstimated Reading Time 2 mins
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring often, until light golden, about 1 minute. Add the pine nuts, capers and a pinch or two of chile flakes, if using, and season with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring, until the nuts are toasted, about 3 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Once the water is boiling, add the pasta and cook until al dente. (Taste a noodle after 5 minutes and again every minute thereafter. The pasta is done when it tastes soft but still has a pleasantly chewy resistance when you bite down.)
- Reserve about 1 cup of the pasta cooking water, then drain the pasta. Transfer the noodles directly to the skillet, set it over medium-high heat, and add about three-quarters of the reserved water and the remaining 3 tablespoons oil. Cook, stirring often, until the sauce coats the noodles, 1 to 2 minutes. There should be a little sauce pooling at the bottom of the skillet; if there is not, add more cooking water and stir well. Season with more salt and pepper, if you like, and serve hot.
MR. LUCIANOS PIZZA & PASTA | PIZZA DELIVERY | TAKE OUT | WEST …
TRY PAVAROTTI’S CARBONARA AND STREAM OPERA ON YOUR SOFA
8 MIDNIGHT PASTA IDEAS IN 2021 | COOKING RECIPES, FOOD RECIPIES, …
OUR MENUS – LUCIANO'S ITALIAN BRICK OVEN
PASTA SUBITO BY LUCIANO PAVAROTTI RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
LUCIANO'S MIDNIGHT PASTA RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
LUCIANOS CUCINA DI PASTA - ZMENU
MIDNIGHT PASTA | FOOD & WINE
MIDNIGHT PASTA BEST RECIPES
MIDNIGHT PASTA – ALEX A LA CARTE
MIDNIGHT PASTA RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
MIDNIGHT PASTA WITH ROASTED GARLIC, OLIVE OIL AND CHILE RECIPE
PASTA AND BEANS RECIPE | CHEF LUCIANO SCHIPANO
RECIPE: QUICK & EASY MIDNIGHT PASTA - LIFE OF KK
LUCIANO – ITALIAN RESTAURANT & PIZZERIA (703) 281-1748
LUCIANO'S PIZZA AND PASTA - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES …
MIDNIGHT PASTA RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
LUCIANO'S SPAGHETTI ALL’AMATRICIANA - GOODTASTE WITH TANJI
MIDNIGHT PASTA RECIPE
MIDNIGHT SPAGHETTI RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
INA GARTEN MIDNIGHT PASTA - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES …
MIDNIGHT PASTA WITH GARLIC, ANCHOVY, CAPERS AND RED PEPPER RECIPE
MIDNIGHT PASTA - NANNY BUBBY
MIDNIGHT SPAGHETTI RECIPE - JOE'S HEALTHY MEALS
DINNER MENU – LUCIANO'S ITALIAN BRICK OVEN – WHITE OAK
LUCIANO'S PASTA - 9KITCHEN - NINE.COM.AU
LUCIANO'S | MODERN ITALIAN RESTAURANT | GLENELG
LUCIANO PAVAROTTI'S SPAGHETTI WITH INSTANT PASTA SAUCE - RECIPES WIKI
MIDNIGHT SPAGHETTI (SPAGHETTATA DI MEZZANOTTE) | SAVEUR
PASTA LUCIANO’S – LUCIANO'S ITALIAN BRICK OVEN
MIDNIGHT PASTA - MASTERCOOK
PEPPERONI PASTA | ITALIAN "MIDNIGHT PASTA" RECIPE - YOUTUBE
LUCIANOS PIZZA AND PASTA EMPLOYEE REVIEWS - INDEED.COM
THE BEST LATE NIGHT PASTA - STUCK IN THE KITCHEN
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook midnight spaghetti?EASY and FAST; reportedly, this Midnight Spaghetti recipe is used by busy chefs after they come home from a long day. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add 2 tablespoons of salt and the pasta and cook according to the directions on the package. Set aside 1 cup of the pasta cooking water before you drain the pasta.
What is Luciano's pizza&pasta?Luciano's Pizza & Pasta At Luciano's Pizza & Pasta, we strive to give you the freshest pizza with a wide variety of toppings at affordable prices. We use only the most wholesome and nature ingredients with no additives, preservatives, or artificial coloring.
What to eat at pasta Luciano’s?Pasta Luciano’s Sauce $3.15 A perfect compliment to any meal - fresh lettuce, tomatoes, red cabbage, carrots, red onions and cucumbers Romaine lettuce, croutons, creamy Caesar dressing topped with freshly shaved parmesan cheese
What is Luciano’s?Luciano’s is a modern Italian restaurant in the Osteria style featuring stunning interiors, Luciano’s highlights the diversity of Italian food, wine, and friends, with more than a little Capri in the Marina Pier. Founded in 2019, LUCIANO'S is known for revolutionizing the way people eat and enjoy food.