MOM'S LIGHTENED BEEF STROGANOFF
- In a heavy saucepan, heat pan over high heat.
- When pan is hot, spray with oil and add steak.
- Brown meat until cooked.
- Remove meat from pan.
- Lower heat, melt butter, then add onions.
- Cook about 2-3 minutes until translucent, add garlic and mushrooms and sauté about 2-3 more minutes until cooked.
- Add a can of tomato soup, steak, water, bay leaf, and worcestershire sauce.
- Cover and cook on low about 40 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf and mix in sour cream.
- Serve over noodles or rice.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 3 /4 cup, Calories 251.9 kcal, Carbohydrate 12.7 g, Protein 28.1 g, Fat 9.3 g, Sodium 281.2 mg, Fiber 1.2 g, Sugar 6.2 g
MAMA'S BEEF STROGANOFF
This is so simple but so good! My mom made this when I was growing up, and it was one of the first recipes I called her for after I left home.
Provided by heatherwaldrup
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- brown ground beef and drain.
- sautee onions, mushrooms, & garlic.
- add meat to onion/mushroom/garlic mixture.
- add can mushroom soup.
- simmer 20 minutes. While meat mixture is simmering, begin cooking rice according to package instructions. Any rice (white, brown, wild, etc.) may be used.
- mix in sour cream.
- simmer until heated through.
- serve meat mixture over rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 438.1, Fat 32.6, SaturatedFat 15, Cholesterol 102.4, Sodium 474.5, Carbohydrate 10.9, Fiber 0.8, Sugar 2.8, Protein 25.5
MAMA DELILAH'S BEEF STROGANOFF
- Marinade beef cubes overnight
- Remove beef cubes from marinade, reserving marinade.
- Add olice oil to skillet and brown beef cubes on all sides.
- Remove browned beef, set to the side
- In same pan, sautee onions and garlic, until onions are transluscent
- Deglaze with red wine, scraping all browned bits.
- Place browned beef back into skillet.
- Add marinade
- Simmer on low for 60 to 90 minutes, or until beef has reached desired tenderness
- Add sour cream, cream of mushroom soup and mushrooms to beef mixture five to ten minutes before serving.
- Prepare egg noodles according to package, drain
- Serve over egg noodles.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 858.8, Fat 45.2, SaturatedFat 18.9, Cholesterol 183.2, Sodium 1737.1, Carbohydrate 67.7, Fiber 4.5, Sugar 5.9, Protein 43
MARLENE'S BEEF STROGANOFF
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray, and cook the flank steak and green peppers over medium heat until the steak pieces have begun to brown, about 10 minutes. Transfer steak and peppers into a large saucepan, and stir in the beef consomme and French onion soup. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer, and cover pan. Simmer until the beef is tender, about 1 hour and 20 minutes. Turn off heat.
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the egg noodles, and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, about 5 minutes. Drain well in a colander set in the sink.
- Stir the sour cream into the meat mixture until thoroughly combined, and serve over the cooked noodles.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 509.7 calories, Carbohydrate 36.7 g, Cholesterol 113.6 mg, Fat 27 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 29.9 g, SaturatedFat 14.2 g, Sodium 782.9 mg, Sugar 4.2 g
NANA'S BEEF STROGANOFF
This is a delicious Stroganoff that my Nana made all the time. My husband's favorite meal is Stroganoff, and before we met he never had homemade Stroganoff sauce. Once my mom made this for him, he has never eaten any other! Serve over rice or egg noodles.
Provided by Lauren Lowther
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Shake 1 tablespoon flour with salt in a large, resealable plastic bag until combined; add beef and shake to coat.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Brown beef in the hot butter, about 3 minutes per side. Stir mushrooms, onion, and garlic into beef; cook and stir until garlic is fragrant, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer beef and vegetables to a bowl, leaving drippings in skillet.
- Melt 2 more tablespoons butter in skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir 3 tablespoons flour in the hot butter until smooth; stir tomato paste into flour mixture. Whisk beef stock into mixture and cook, stirring constantly, until sauce is thickened and bubbling, about 5 minutes.
- Return beef and vegetables to skillet and stir to coat with sauce. Reduce heat to very low and simmer until beef is tender, 2 to 3 hours. The longer it cooks, the more tender the meat will be. Just before serving, stir sour cream and white wine into beef mixture and heat through. Do not boil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 514.2 calories, Carbohydrate 14.3 g, Cholesterol 129.4 mg, Fat 33.9 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 34.9 g, SaturatedFat 18.7 g, Sodium 559 mg, Sugar 3.4 g
More about "mamas beef stroganoff recipes"
BEEF STROGANOFF | COOKING MAMAS
Cuisine RussianCategory EntréeServings 4
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet on medium heat. Increase the heat to med-high and add the strips of beef. You want to cook the beef quickly, browning on each side, so the temp needs to be high enough to brown the beef, but not so high as to burn the butter. You may need to work in batches. While cooking the beef, sprinkle with some salt and pepper. When both sides are browned, remove the beef to a bowl and set aside.
- In the same pan, reduce the heat to medium and add the onions. Cook the onions for a minute or two, allowing them to soak up any meat drippings. Remove the shallots to the same bowl with the meat and set aside.
- In the same pan, melt another 3 tablespoons of butter. Increase heat to medium-high and add the mushrooms, cook stirring occasionally for about 4 minutes. Sprinkle with nutmeg and the tarragon.
- Reduce heat to low and add the sour cream to the mushrooms, mix thoroughly. Do not let it come to a simmer or boil or the sour cream will curdle. Add some water or milk to thin the sauce if needed. Stir in the beef and onions. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately over egg noodles, fettuccine, potatoes, or rice.
MAMA'S BEEF STROGANOFF
BEEF STROGANOFF IN INSTANT POT - THERESCIPES.INFO
BEEF STROGANOFF | COOKING MAMA WIKI | FANDOM
BEEF STROGANOFF CASSEROLE - AMANDA'S COOKIN' - CASSEROLES
CREAMY BEEF STROGANOFF OVER BUTTERY EGG NOODLES - MAMA HARRIS' …
MAIN COURSES | MAMA DELILAH'S BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPE
QUICK AND EASY BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPE - BROWN SUGAR FOOD BLOG
HAMBURGER STROGANOFF RECIPE - MAMAS-SOUTHERN-COOKING.COM
BEEF STROGANOFF ZOODLES | COOKING MAMAS
BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPE - GWEN'S NEST
TENDER BEEF STROGANOFF - COOKING WITH MAMMA C
KETO BEEF STROGANOFF | FAST & EASY! | MAMA BEAR'S COOKBOOK
INSTANT POT BEEF STROGANOFF - ALL THINGS MAMMA - EASY DINNER …
HAMBURGER STROGANOFF RECIPE | MIX AND MATCH MAMA
BEEF STROGANOFF - MAMA'S GUIDE RECIPES | FACEBOOK
BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPE | MAMA BILL'S KITCHEN
BEEF STROGANOFF – MAMA MICHELLE'S KITCHEN BC
HAY MAMA | HELEN'S BEEF STROGANOFF
BEEF STROGANOFF DIP - MAMA LOVES FOOD
MAMA DELILAH'S BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPE - RECIPELAND.COM
BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPE - COOKING MADE EASY
BEEF STROGANOFF - CLOVER MAMA AFRIKA
BEEF STROGANOFF CASSEROLE - THE BAKERMAMA
GROUND BEEF STROGANOFF (WITH HAMBURGER!) - MAMA LOVES FOOD
EASY BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPE - THIS MOM CAN COOK
BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPE - MIDKID MAMA
MAMA DELILAH'S BEEF STROGANOFF - EASTERN EUROPEAN RECIPES
BEEF STROGANOFF | MAMA LOTTIES | GIBRALTAR'S RECIPE WEBSITE
BEEF STROGANOFF - MAMA'S GUIDE RECIPES IN 2022 | TIKOY RECIPE, …
MARION’S BEST BEEF STROGANOFF
BEEF STROGANOFF - THE LAUNDRY MOMSTHE LAUNDRY MOMS
MAMA DELILAH'S BEEF STROGANOFF - BIGOVEN.COM
SLOW COOKER CREAMY BEEF STROGANOFF • THE MAMA MANUAL
MOM’S GROUND BEEF STROGANOFF - THE KITCHEN WHISPERER
BEEF STROGANOFF MEATBALLS RECIPE | MIX AND MATCH MAMA
BEEF STROGANOFF CROCKPOT RECIPE | MAMA'S POTLUCK COLLAB - YOUTUBE
MAMA K'S BEEF STROGANOFF - PLAIN.RECIPES
FRUGAL FOODIE MAMA: SLOW COOKER BEEF STROGANOFF
You'll also love