COMPANY STEAK WITH BEARNAISE BUTTER
Bearnaise Butter melts over hot grilled or broiled steaks of your choice, making for a delicious entree that tastes like you really slaved (but you didn't). We love our steaks very rare (black & blue), but the butter's great and enhances everything from rare to well done steaks. Perfect for company! Make sure you have some bread to soak up the juices and butter. (Adapted from a recipe on epicurious.com)
Provided by Lizzie-Babette
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Using a fork, combine softened butter, tarragon, shallot (or you can use minced garlic and a bit of minced onion to substitute if you don't have shallots on hand), lemon juice, and salt.
- Mix well.
- Using a sheet of wax paper, shape into a log, twist ends tightly and chill for about an hour, until firm.
- Season steaks with pepper and a bit of oil and grill.
- Top hot steaks with a generous slice of butter and serve.
- Leftover butter can be stored in the frige for about a week, tightly wrapped.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 255.7, Fat 14.5, SaturatedFat 7.7, Cholesterol 101.9, Sodium 135.1, Carbohydrate 0.3, Protein 29.6
PAN-SEARED RIB-EYE STEAK WITH BéARNAISE
I found this on epicurious. This recipe is from Gourmet March 2008. I did make the suggested shoestring potatoes to go along with the steaks... very tasty. The egg yolks in the sauce will not be fully cooked. Béarnaise can be made 20 minutes ahead and kept in bowl, covered, over hot water off heat.
Provided by Queen Dana
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Cook steaks:.
- Halve steaks crosswise, then pat dry and sprinkle all over with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper (total).
- Heat a 12-inch heavy ovenproof skillet (not nonstick) over medium heat until hot, then add oil, swirling skillet to coat bottom, and cook steaks 5 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Transfer steaks to a platter and let stand, loosely covered with foil, 5 minutes.
- Make béarnaise while steaks stand:.
- Boil wine, vinegar, shallots, and 1 tablespoon tarragon in a small heavy saucepan until liquid is reduced to 2 tablespoons, then strain through a fine-mesh sieve set into a medium metal bowl, pressing on and then discarding solids.
- Whisk yolks into vinegar mixture, then set bowl over a pan of barely simmering water and cook, whisking constantly, until yolks have thickened slightly (do not scramble).
- Whisk in butter 1 piece at a time, adding each piece before previous one has melted completely. Remove from heat and whisk in lemon juice, remaining tablespoon tarragon, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper (or to taste). Serve steaks with sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 602.1, Fat 60, SaturatedFat 32.6, Cholesterol 398.7, Sodium 25.3, Carbohydrate 7.6, Fiber 0.4, Sugar 0.5, Protein 6.1
STEAK WITH BERNAISE
- For the sauce, put the Champagne vinegar, white wine, shallots, 1 tablespoon tarragon leaves, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer over medium heat for about 5 minutes, until the mixture is reduced to a few tablespoons. Cool slightly.
- Place the cooled mixture with the egg yolks and 1 teaspoon salt in the jar of a blender and blend for 30 seconds. With blender on, slowly pour the hot butter through the opening in the lid. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of tarragon leaves and blend only for a second. If the sauce is too thick, add a tablespoon of white wine to thin. Keep at room temperature until serving.
- Season the steaks liberally with salt and coarsely ground black pepper on both sides. Heat a thin layer of olive oil in a large saute pan over high heat until it's almost smoking, then sear the steaks on each side for 1 minute. Lower the heat to low and cook the steaks for about 7 to 10 minutes, turning once, until very rare in the middle. Remove to a plate, cover tightly with aluminum foil and allow to sit for 10 minutes. Serve with the bernaise sauce on the side.
- Note: To make the sauce in advance, prepare an hour before serving and allow it to sit in the blender. Before serving, add 1 tablespoon of the hottest tap water and blend for a few seconds.
RIB-EYE STEAKS WITH BéARNAISE BUTTER
- Boil wine, shallot and dried tarragon in small saucepan until liquid evaporates, about 2 minutes. Cool completely.
- Mix butter and fresh tarragon into shallot mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Form butter mixture into log; wrap in plastic and chill until firm. (Can be made 3 days ahead. Keep chilled.) Cut butter into 1/3-inch-thick slices. Bring to room temperature before continuing.
- Brush large nonstick skillet with oil; heat over medium-high heat. Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper; add to skillet. Cook to desired doneness, about 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Overlap butter slices atop steaks and serve.
GRILLED RIB-EYED STEAKS WITH BéARNAISE BUTTER
- On a small plate with a fork blend all ingredients together well and transfer to a sheet of wax paper. Using wax paper as an aid, shape butter into a 4-inch-long log and wrap. Chill butter 1 hour long, or until firm. Bèarnaise butter may be made 5 days ahead and kept chilled, wrapped tightly.
- Prepare grill.
- Bring steaks to room temperature and rub lightly with oil. Season steaks with salt and pepper and grill on a rack set 5 to 6 inches over glowing coals 4 to 5 minutes on each side for medium-rare meat. (Alternatively, steaks may be grilled in a hot well-seasoned ridged grill pan over moderately high heat.)
- Serve steaks topped with slices of bèarnaise butter.
More about "rib eye steaks with bearnaise butter recipes"
EASY CAST IRON RIBEYES WITH BEARNAISE BUTTER - GARLIC & ZEST
5/5 (4)Total Time 1 hr 35 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 1025 per serving
- In a small saucepan, combine the shallots, 1 tablespoon of chopped tarragon, 1 tablespoon of chopped Italian parsley and 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped chives. Add the vinegar and bring to a rapid simmer.
- Stir the herb and vinegar mixture and simmer until the liquid is reduced by about half. Set aside to cool.
- Add the lemon zest to the butter and mix it well with a fork. Add the remaining chopped tarragon, parsley and chives to the butter mixture.
- Place a fine mesh strainer over a small bowl. Pour the simmered vinegar and herbs into the strainer and press on the solids with the back of a wooden spoon to extract as much liquid as possible. Discard the solids.
HOW TO MAKE BéARNAISE, THE KING OF STEAK SAUCES
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
GRILLED RIB EYE STEAK WITH BéARNAISE SAUCE | CRUSH MAGAZINE
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
BUTTER-BASTED RIB EYE STEAKS RECIPE - CHRISTOPHER …
5/5 Total Time 1 hr 10 minsServings 4
- Season the rib eye steaks all over with salt and freshly ground pepper. Let the meat stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- In a large cast-iron skillet, heat the canola oil until shimmering. Add the steaks and cook over high heat until crusty on the bottom, about 5 minutes. Turn the steaks and add the butter, thyme, garlic and rosemary to the skillet. Cook over high heat, basting the steaks with the melted butter, garlic and herbs, until the steaks are medium-rare, 5 to 7 minutes longer. Transfer the steaks to a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes. Cut the steaks off the bone, then slice the meat across the grain and serve.
GRILLED RIB-EYE STEAKS & BÃ©ARNAISE BUTTER & ONION RELISH ...
Servings 8Total Time 4 hrs 45 mins
- Process roasted cacao nibs in a food processor until finely ground. Season steaks with kosher salt and pepper. Rub ground cacao nibs on both sides of steaks (about 1 1/2 tsp. each). Let steaks stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to 300° to 350° (medium) heat. Grill steaks, covered with grill lid, 5 to 7 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Let stand, loosely covered with aluminum foil, 10 minutes. Serve with Béarnaise Butter and Onion Relish.
BUTTER-BASTED RIB EYE STEAK RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
4/5 (105)Total Time 25 minsCategory Dinner, EntreeCalories 522 per serving
RIB-EYE STEAK WITH BéARNAISE SAUCE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
Servings 2Category Main Course
GRILLED RIB EYED STEAKS WITH BEARNAISE BUTTER RECIPE ...
1/5 Calories 314 per serving
RIB-EYE STEAK WITH BEARNAISE SAUCE AND CHIPS - JAMES ...
RIB-EYE STEAK WITH BEARNAISE SAUCE - HELEN BROWNING'S ...
RIB EYE STEAK WITH BéARNAISE SAUCE - JAMES MARTIN CHEF
RIBEYE STEAKS WITH CHIPOTLE BUTTER - A PERFECT FEAST
RIB-EYE STEAK RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
STEAKHOUSE RIB EYE WITH BéARNAISE SAUCE | CANADIAN LIVING
RIB EYE STEAKS WITH BEARNAISE BUTTER RECIPES
PAN SEARED RIB EYE STEAK WITH BéARNAISE RECIPE ...
RIBEYE STEAKS WITH BEARNAISE BUTTER RECIPES
ASTRAY RECIPES: GRILLED RIB-EYED STEAKS WITH BEARNAISE BUTTER
RIBEYE STEAK WITH BEARNAISE SAUCE RECIPE BEST ONLINE STEAKS
RECIPE FOR GRILLING RIBEYE STEAK - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
GRILLED RIB-EYED STEAKS WITH BEARNAISE BUTTER - PLAIN.RECIPES
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #for-1-or-2 #very-low-carbs #main-dish #beef #dinner-party #holiday-event #picnic #stove-top #dietary #new-years #low-sodium #low-carb #independence-day #st-patricks-day #valentines-day #low-in-something #meat #steaks #superbowl #mardi-gras-carnival #to-go #camping #equipment #number-of-servings
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook steak with béarnaise sauce?Cook your steak to perfection every time with this recipe where it is served with a classic Béarnaise sauce. Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium–high heat until it is very hot. Add the olive oil to the pan and season the steaks. When the oil is hot add the steaks, cook for 2 minutes, then flip over and cook for 2 minutes more.
How to cook a rib eye steak on the stove?Season the rib eye steaks all over with salt and freshly ground pepper. Let the meat stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. In a large cast-iron skillet, heat the canola oil until shimmering. Add the steaks and cook over high heat until crusty on the bottom, about 5 minutes.
What do you need to cook a ribeye steak?For these ribeyes, all you need is a sturdy pan and a spoon. Slideshow: More Incredible Steak Dishes Season the rib eye steaks all over with salt and freshly ground pepper. Let the meat stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. In a large cast-iron skillet, heat the canola oil until shimmering.
How to cook a ribeye steak in a cast iron skillet?In a large cast-iron skillet, heat the canola oil until shimmering. Add the steaks and cook over high heat until crusty on the bottom, about 5 minutes. Turn the steaks and add the butter, thyme, garlic and rosemary to the skillet. Cook over high heat, basting the steaks with the melted butter, garlic and herbs,...