MY MOTHER'S SHEPHERD'S PIE
Provided by Geoffrey Zakarian
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 24
- For the potato topping: Peel and cube the potatoes into 1-inch dice. Put in a large pot and add enough cold water to cover the potatoes by 1 inch. Season the water with salt and bring to a boil. Boil the potatoes until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain the potatoes and pass through a ricer. Add the milk, sour cream, melted butter and egg yolks to the potatoes and stir with a wooden spoon until smooth. Season with salt and pepper and reserve.
- For the filling: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium saute pan over medium heat, melt the butter with the olive oil. Add the pearl onions and cook, shaking the pan occasionally so the onions brown on all sides, until caramelized, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large ovensafe shallow braising pan, heat the canola oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and rosemary and cook, stirring often, until the onions are slightly browned and soft, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the lamb and season with salt and pepper. Continue to cook until the lamb cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes. Add the tomato paste, flour and sherry vinegar and cook for 2 more minutes. Add the chicken stock, peas and carrots and pearl onions and bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper and stir in the parsley.
- For the additional topping: Top the lamb mixture with an even layer of the potato topping. Drizzle with the melted butter and sprinkle with the Parmesan. Transfer to the oven and bake until the topping is lightly browned, about 40 minutes. Garnish with additional parsley.
MAMAS SHEPHERDS PIE
My mom made this all the time growing up and I still make it today. My boyfriend loves it. Serving size is approximate
Provided by babyblue0042
Categories Savory Pies
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- Drain MOST of the water out of the peas and corn then dump peas and corn into casserole dish.
- Mix in the ground beef with the corn and peas.
- Spread potatoes over the top to cover well.
- Cover top with slices of velvetta or shredded cheddar.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
MOM'S SHEPHERD'S PIE
This recipe is simple and affordable. It's made up of common ingredients from the pantry- ground beef, green beans, tomato sauce, potatoes and seasonings. I'm not sure where it came from, but I know there are many variations. This is Mom's! Try serving with cranberry sauce or other fruit of your choice.
Provided by Missy
Categories Main Dish Recipes Savory Pie Recipes Shepherd's Pie Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place the potatoes and water to cover in a large pot over high heat. Boil for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, brown the ground beef in a large skillet over medium high heat; drain excess fat.
- To the ground beef, add the tomato sauce, parsley, Worcestershire sauce to taste, salt, ground black pepper and green beans. In a separate small bowl, mix the flour with the 3 tablespoons water and stir into the beef mixture.
- Stir all together well. Drain the potatoes, mash and spread over the beef mixture Place 2 to 3 vent holes through the mashed potatoes.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 25 minutes. Brush the milk over the potatoes for the last 5 minutes of baking.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 637.8 calories, Carbohydrate 63.5 g, Cholesterol 96.9 mg, Fat 30.7 g, Fiber 9.4 g, Protein 27.3 g, SaturatedFat 12.4 g, Sodium 651 mg, Sugar 3.9 g
MUMMY BOOME'S TRADITIONAL SHEPHERDS PIE
- Preheat oven at 400 degrees F.
- Add butter and oil to a large skillet on medium heat. Saute onions, carrots, celery and garlic until tender for about 7 to 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Once the vegetables have softened and start to brown a little add the tomato paste and mix evenly. Add the ground beef and cook until beef is no longer pink about 10 minutes. Add the Worcestershire sauce and beef stock. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook and simmer for another 10 minutes. Mix in peas. Transfer mixture to an oven-proof baking dish and spread evenly. Place potato on top of ground beef mixture and spread out evenly, once the top surface has been covered, rake through with a fork so that there are peaks that will brown nicely. Place the dish into the preheated oven and cook until browned about 20 minutes. Spoon out the shepherd's pie and serve.
- Fill a large saucepan with cold water and a tablespoon of salt. Add potatoes to the water and bring to a boil. Let potatoes cook until soft about 20 minutes. Once the potatoes are at a desired density, drain the potatoes and place them back into the saucepan for mashing. Add butter and cream and begin to mash potatoes into a semi smooth consistency. Once at desired texture add cheese and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
MOM'S SHEPHERD'S PIE
This is my mom's version of shepherd's pie...very easy and kid friendly. I now make it for my little girl...
Provided by Amy V
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Layer ingredients in order in 8x8 casserole dish, arranging tater tots on the top.
- Bake in [email protected] 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- (Can easily be doubled for a 9x13 baking dish.).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 366.2, Fat 17.5, SaturatedFat 6.6, Cholesterol 79.3, Sodium 589, Carbohydrate 24.8, Fiber 8, Sugar 5, Protein 29.5
SIMPLE SHEPHERD'S PIE
If I know my day will be hectic, I'll pull the meat mixture for this convenient, family-pleasing pie out of the freezer to thaw. And if you use frozen or instant mashed potatoes to top the pie, it's even quicker to fix. -Paula Zsiray, Logan, Utah
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 casseroles (4 servings each).
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the gravy, vegetables and onion. Spoon half into a greased 2-qt. baking dish or four oven-safe 2-cup dishes. Top with mashed potatoes. Drizzle with butter and sprinkle with paprika. , Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Place the remaining beef mixture in a freezer container and freeze for up to 3 months. , To prepare frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator; transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with the potatoes, butter and paprika; bake as directed.
Nutrition Facts :
SOUTHWESTERN SHEPHERD'S PIE
Provided by Sheila Lukins
Categories Onion Tomato Dinner Casserole/Gratin Ground Beef Corn Bell Pepper Sweet Potato/Yam Fall Jalapeño Parade Wheat/Gluten-Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free No Sugar Added
Yield Makes 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 18
- 1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper; cook, stirring, for 10 minutes. Add garlic and jalapeño; cook for 2 minutes. Raise heat to medium-high; add beef and brown for 5 minutes.
- 2. Add tomato paste and spices; cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add tomatoes; simmer until liquid reduces, 15 minutes. Add corn, beans, and 4 tablespoons cilantro. Spoon into a 9x9-inch baking dish.
- 3. Place sweet potatoes in a saucepan with water to cover. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes. Drain; mash with butter and milk. Spread mash over the meat mixture. Bake in a 400°F oven until brown, 30 minutes. Garnish with more cilantro.
More about "mamas shepherds pie recipes"
SHEPHERD’S PIE - MAMA SITA'S
Estimated Reading Time 40 secs
SHEPHERD'S PIE — MAMA DING'S KITCHEN
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
SHEPHERDS PIE – MAMADOS KITCHEN
MAMAS SHEPHERDS PIE RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
EASY SHEPHERD'S PIE RECIPE - JUGGLING ACT MAMA
NOT YOUR MOMMA’S SHEPHERD’S PIE | MY 17 DAY DIET BLOG
120 SHEPPARD'S PIE IDEAS IN 2022 | RECIPES, SHEPHERDS PIE
KETO SHEPHERD'S PIE - MAMA BEAR'S COOKBOOK
SHEPHERD'S PIE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
MOM'S SHEPHERD'S PIE | KOSHER AND JEWISH RECIPES
SWEET POTATO SHEPHERD'S PIE RECIPE (FAMILY FAVORITE) - WELLNESS …
SHEPHERDS PIE RECIPE - MOMS WHO THINK
SHEPHERD'S PIE (MY VERY FIRST RECIPE)! - MRS. CRIDDLES KITCHEN
MUMMY BOOME'S TRADITIONAL SHEPHERDS PIE RECIPE | SAY MMM
RECIPE - NOT YOUR MAMAS SHEPHERD'S PIE
EASY SHEPHERD'S PIE RECIPE [VIDEO] - SWEET AND SAVORY MEALS
OLD FASHIONED SHEPHERD'S PIE - THE STAY AT HOME CHEF
MAMA RITA'S SIMPLE SHEPHERD'S PIE - BIGOVEN
THE BEST CLASSIC SHEPHERD'S PIE - THE WHOLESOME DISH
NANA'S EASY CLASSIC SHEPHERD'S PIE - SPICE AND SUGAR MAMA
SIMPLE SHEPHERD'S PIE - CHRISTINA'S CUCINA
SHEPHERD'S PIE - MAMA LOVES FOOD
EASY SHEPHERD'S PIE ... MY WAY! - MOMMY'S HOME COOKING
SHEPERDS PIE | COOKING MAMAS
EASY SHEPHERD'S PIE RECIPE - THE PENNYWISEMAMA
WEEKNIGHT SHEPHERD'S PIE RECIPE | MIX AND MATCH MAMA
MOM'S SHEPHERDS PIE - CUPCAKE DIARIES
EASY & DELICIOUS SHEPHERD'S PIE - LIFE AS MAMA
10 BEST SHEPHERDS PIE MARTHA STEWART RECIPES | YUMMLY
SICHUAN-STYLE SHEPHERD’S PIE - MARION'S KITCHEN
IRISH SHEPHERD'S PIE RECIPE - A MEAT AND POTATO LOVERS DREAM!
SIMPLE SHEPHERD'S PIE RECIPE | MIX AND MATCH MAMA
SHEPHERD'S PIE - MIDWESTERN MAMA
VEGETARIAN SHEPHERD'S PIE RECIPE - HAPPY HEALTHY MAMA
MAMA’S SHEPHERDS PIE AND MUSHY PEAS - THEKITCHENSGARDEN
10 BEST SHEPHERDS PIE WITH MASHED POTATOES RECIPES | YUMMLY
HEALTHY SHEPHERDS PIE RECIPE | WELLNESS MAMA
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #savory-pies #main-dish #beef #potatoes #vegetables #easy #beginner-cook #ground-beef #meat #corn
You'll also love