Mantecadas - Sweet bread has a culture of its own in Mexico and is a tradition that has been embraced and deeply loved for generations. We have primarily Spain and France to thank for that, as their influence is why we have such a passion for sweet pastry.
Provided by Mely Martínez
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 400F. Place muffin paper liners in muffin pan.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and yeast in one medium size bowl, and set aside. Place egg and sugar in a large bowl and whisk until sugar has dissolved.
- Add milk and the flavoring of your choice (vanilla, orange essence plus orange zest) and mix.
- Incorporate the oil in a gentle stream and whisk again to form a homogenous mixture.
- Slowly stir in the dry ingredients plus the pinch of salt, mixing gently until you have a very uniform batter. Do not over mix. Let the batter rest for 15 minutes.
- With the help of a pitcher or a ladle, pour the batter into the already prepared muffin pan. Fill it up just a little bit bellow the edge. See picture above.
- Carefully place in the preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for about 5 minutes on a cooling rack. They keep well for 2 to 3 days when stored in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 Mantecada, Calories 298 kcal, Carbohydrate 39 g, Protein 5 g, Fat 20 g, SaturatedFat 15 g, Cholesterol 56 mg, Sodium 38 mg, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 22 g
COSTCO MUFFINS - COPYCAT
Found on the net and posted so that it will be easier to find when folks ask for the recipe! Prep times are guess-timates.
Provided by Impera_Magna
Categories Quick Breads
Yield 24 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Spoon into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake at 375 for approximately 20 minutes or until tops are lightly browned.
- For ALMOND POPPYSEED MUFFINS: use a white cake mix, add 2 teaspoons poppyseeds, and 1 tsp almond extract.
- FOR CHOCOLATE MUFFINS: use a chocolate cake mix and stir in 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Create your own: use whatever flavor cake mix you want and add your own goodies.
- Other suggestions:.
- + French vanilla cake mix and fresh raspberries.
- + Lemon cake mix and poppyseed.
- + Spice cake mix with cinnamon/sugar topping.
More about "mantecada muffins at costco recipes"
MANTECADAS (SWEET MEXICAN MUFFINS) | RUSTIC FAMILY RECIPES
Ratings 1Category DessertCuisine MexicanTotal Time 36 mins
MANTECADAS – THE MEXICAN MUFFIN – MY SLICE OF MEXICO
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
MANTECADAS (MEXICAN MUFFIN RECIPE) • THE CRUMBY KITCHEN
5/5 (54)Total Time 45 minsCategory Breakfast, SnackCalories 172 per serving
CORN MUFFINS AND MANTECADA... - COSTCO FANS LIFESTYLE
AUTHENTIC MEXICAN MANTECADAS RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
EASY MANTECADAS (MEXICAN MUFFINS) | MUY DELISH
COSTCO MIX & MATCH MUFFINS - EAT WITH EMILY
POPULAR COSTCO BAKERY ITEMS RANKED FROM WORST TO BEST
THE BEST & WORST MUFFINS AT COSTCO—RANKED! — EAT THIS NOT THAT
MANTECADAS RECIPE - SAVOR THE FLAVOUR
MANTECADAS RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
MEXICAN MANTECADA MUFFIN RECIPE • MAMA LATINA TIPS
MANTECADAS ARE THE SIMPLE MEXICAN MUFFINS TO ADD TO YOUR …
MANTECADA AND CORN MUFFINS - LANCASTER, CA : R/COSTCO - REDDIT
MANTECADAS (MEXICAN MUFFINS) + VIDEO - MAMá …
MEXICAN MANTECADAS RECIPE | THE NOVICE CHEF
COSTCO MUFFINS REVIEW (PRICE, FLAVORS, CALORIES, MORE!)
MANTECADA MUFFINS AT COSTCO RECIPES
COSTCO MUFFINS RECIPE (COPYCAT) | RECIPES.NET
MANTECADAS (SWEET MEXICAN MUFFINS) - CHICANO EATS
I TRIED BANANA-MUFFIN RECIPES FROM INA GARTEN, TYLER FLORENCE, AND ...
14 COSTCO MUFFINS RANKED FROM WORST TO BEST, ACCORDING TO REDDIT
You'll also love