UNCLE BILL'S DEEP FRIED ZUCCHINI STRIPS
An excellent snack or appetizer at any time or at a party. I have been making this recipe for over 30 years. Enjoyed by all that love zucchini.
Provided by William Uncle Bill
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Wash and trim zucchini, (DO NOT PEEL).
- Cut zucchini into about 2 1/2" long by 1/2" thick strips.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, beat eggs and milk until fluffy.
- In a plastic bag, add flour, seasoning salt and shake well.
- In a separate plastic bag, add finely crushed saltine crackers.
- Dip zucchini strips in egg mixture.
- Drop into flour mixture and shake well to coat.
- Dip again into egg mixture.
- Drop into crushed crackers and shake well to coat.
- Heat olive oil to 325 F to 350 F in a medium-size frying pan or use a deep fryer.
- Drop coated zucchini (a few at a time) in the hot oil and cook until lightly browned, about 2 minutes, turning once, (DO NOT OVERCOOK).
- Zucchini should be crunchy.
- Serve immediately with Bearnaise Sauce as a dip.
- SAUCE FOR DIPPING: Prepare contents of Bearnaise sauce according to package directions or make your own.
- NOTE: Instead of using plastic bags, place the flour mixture in a mixing bowl, and the crumbs in a separate bowl. This will not be quite as messy.
- Also, Panko crumbs would be excellent or cornflake crumbs.
- See recipe #382043.
I plant many vegetables to use in cooking. Tomatoes, cucumbers and zucchini are among our favorites. That is why this zucchini stir-fry is so popular at our house. -Deborah Elliot, Ridge Spring, South Carolina
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a large skillet, saute the zucchini and garlic in oil until zucchini is crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with seasonings. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 77 calories, Fat 7g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 299mg sodium, Carbohydrate 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 1g protein.
WORLD'S BEST FRIED ZUCCHINI
I have loved this ever since I was a little girl. It takes a while to make but it's really easy and totally worth it. Cooked zucchini is the best!! **However, I must mention that I use garden zucchinis for this recipe that tend to be quite a bit larger than those purchased in a grocery store. If you are using smaller zucchinis, you will need less of the coating mixture.
Provided by LauraLou
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat electric fry pan to 250°F.
- Mix eggs and milk in bowl.
- Soak handful of zucchini slices in mixture.
- Lightly shake them off and coat them with flour.
- Place each slice in the fry pan with plenty of butter.
- Repeat until all slices are in the pan.
- Cook until each side is dark brown.
- Salt and pepper slices to taste.
EASY FRIED ZUCCHINI
- Coat each zucchini slice with egg, then press into cracker crumbs, coating both sides. Shake off excess and place the breaded zucchini onto a plate while breading the rest; do not stack.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Pan fry zucchini until crust browns and zucchini softens, about 3 minutes on each side. Season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 255.9 calories, Carbohydrate 20 g, Cholesterol 93 mg, Fat 17.3 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 6 g, SaturatedFat 3.3 g, Sodium 301.4 mg, Sugar 3.6 g
NEELY'S FRIED ZUCCHINI
- Preheat oil in a deep-fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Measure flour into a pie plate. In another pie plate combine panko, Parmesan, parsley, red pepper flakes and salt and pepper, to taste. In a third plate add eggs and water. Dredge the zucchini in the flour, followed by the egg and finally in the panko.
- Working in batches, place the breaded zucchini slices in the hot oil and fry until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain on a paper towel lined sheet tray and immediately season with salt and pepper. Serve alongside the zucchini.
- For the sauce:
- Add all the ingredients into a serving bowl and mix until incorporated. Cover with plastic wrap and let flavors marinate for at least 1 hour.
EASY PAN-FRIED ZUCCHINI
- Rub zucchini slices with garlic.
- Place flour, egg, and bread crumbs separately in 3 small bowls. Turn zucchini slices in flour, dusting off excess. Dip in egg and turn in bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in a skillet and pan-fry breaded zucchini in batches on both sides until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 217.2 calories, Carbohydrate 13.4 g, Cholesterol 81.8 mg, Fat 16.2 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 5.3 g, SaturatedFat 2.7 g, Sodium 86.1 mg, Sugar 1.6 g
More about "easy fried zucchini recipes"
EASY HEALTHY PAN FRIED SQUASH AND ZUCCHINI RECIPE
4.6/5 (14)Total Time 20 minsCategory Appetizer, Side Dish, SnackCalories 159 per serving
- Prepare two bowls - one with eggs, and the other with a mixture of almond flour, grated Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, paprika, garlic powder, sea salt, and black pepper. Get a third bowl and place just enough of the flour mixture in it to cover the bottom in a thick layer.
- Dip each zucchini/squash circle in the eggs, shaking off the excess. Place the circle into the third bowl (the one with just a little flour mixture). Use a spoon to dust more flour mixture (from the second bowl) over the top of the zucchini/squash circle (in the third bowl) to cover completely. Press lightly, then flip and cover the other side. (Use one hand for the egg and the other for the dry mixture, to avoid getting too much egg in the breading which will make it clumpy. You may want to add more dry mixture to the bowl in batches to avoid getting it too wet. It won't stick if it gets too wet.) Set the breaded slice aside. Repeat with all zucchini/squash slices, adding more flour mixture from the third bowl to the second as you go along. Doing this in batches this way prevents the breading from getting too wet/clumpy.
- Heat 2 tablespoons (30 mL) of oil in a pan over medium-high heat (adjust more/less oil as needed to prevent sticking). Fry the breaded zucchini/squash slices in a single layer, with a lid and without touching, about 2 minutes per side. When done, transfer to a paper towel lined plate. Repeat with the remaining slices, adding more oil if the pan gets dry.
FRIED ZUCCHINI RECIPE - HOW TO FRY ZUCCHINI (+VIDEO) | LIL ...
5/5 (40)Calories 367 per servingCategory Appetizer, Side Dish
QUICK AND EASY ZUCCHINI FRIES - SUPER HEALTHY KIDS
4.6/5 (10)Total Time 25 minsCategory SnackCalories 261 per serving
EASY FRIED ZUCCHINI WITH FLOUR (NO BREADCRUMBS)
Reviews 18Calories 247 per servingCategory Romanian Appetizers
- Slice the zucchini into ½ cm/ 0.2 inch thick slices. Place the flour on a plate. Beat the eggs in a shallow bowl. Coat the zucchini slices lightly with flour and pat the slices with your hands to remove the excess flour.
- Heat 2-3 tablespoons oil or lard in a non-stick or cast iron pan. The oil should be enough to cover the bottom of the pan in a thin layer. Drag each zucchini slice through the beaten eggs just before placing in the pan.
- Fry on medium-low heat for about 3 minutes until golden brown. Flip and fry for another 2-3 minutes until golden brown. If they turn too dark too soon, turn the heat even lower.
- Remove from the pan and fry the next batch adding more fat if necessary. Place the fried zucchini slices on kitchen paper to help absorb the excess fat.
KETO FRIED ZUCCHINI - EASY SIDE DISH RECIPES
Ratings 7Calories 256 per servingCategory Side Dishes
- Slice zucchini squash into 1/4" slices. Dip slices into egg and then flour mixture, coating both sides. Place in hot oil and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until browned.
GARLIC BUTTER SAUTEED ZUCCHINI - EASY RECIPES FOR HOME COOKS
5/5 (10)Calories 32 per servingCategory Side Dish
EASY PAN FRIED ZUCCHINI RECIPE - THESE OLD COOKBOOKS
5/5 (1)Category Appetizer, Side DishServings 4Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
EASY FRIED ZUCCHINI RECIPE - MASHED.COM
5/5 (20)Calories 423 per servingCategory Appetizer, Snack
- Combine Parmesan, breadcrumbs and 1 teaspoon of salt and ½ teaspoon of pepper in a large, shallow bowl or plate. Transfer flour to a separate large shallow bowl or plate.
- Dredge zucchini in flour. Dip into egg and allow excess to drip. Finish each zucchini slice in breadcrumbs and Parmesan mixture.
21 TASTY FRIED ZUCCHINI RECIPES YOU NEED TO TRY ...
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
- Air Fryer Zucchini Curly Fries. This air fryer zucchini curly fries are a fun and crispy appetizer or side dish for game day or any party. Get the recipe here.
- Fried Zucchini Pizza Bites. Love pizza? Must try this Fried Zucchini Pizza Bites at home. Coated in crispy and crunchy breadcrumbs and topped with tomato sauce and bubbling mozzarella cheese.
- Cheesy Zucchini And Corn Fritters. The cheesy corn zucchini recipe is so tasty and healthy that packed with lots of flavors and is one of my favorite fried zucchini recipes on the go!
- Mac And Cheese Stuffed Oven Fries Zucchini Bites. This tasty zucchini recipe is loaded with cheese and a delicious summer snack. Get the recipe here. Suggested: High Protein Low Fat Recipes.
- Pan Fried Zucchini Buns. Filled with zucchini and other ingredients makes healthy and delicious tasty pan-fried zucchini buns that perfect for lunch or snack.
- Fried Zucchini Ravioli. If you love ravioli, must try this fried zucchini ravioli. With simple ingredients makes a delicious tasty low carb and gluten-free appetizer that is one of my best ever favorite fried zucchini recipes.
- Fried Zucchini And Squash. With a few simple ingredients, this fried zucchini and squash recipe is ready in just 15 minutes. Crispy, low carb, and gluten-free this recipe best for busy work.
- Crispy Oven Fried Zucchini Chips. With panko bread crumbs and parmesan cheese makes crispy and tasty fried zucchini Chips that is one of my best ever fried zucchini recipes on the go.
- Fried Zucchini Flowers With Saffron Batter. Try this Fried Zucchini Flowers in this summer holidays. This recipe is so tasty, crispy, and perfect for a lunch side dish.
- Stir Fry Zucchini Noodles. Need a chow mein at snack? Try this stir fry zucchini noodles makes as chow mein and it is low carb and ready in just 30 minutes.
TOP 30 BEST ZUCCHINI RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
- Zucchini Pancakes. These flavorful little pancakes are made with fresh zucchini and Parmesan cheese, along with fresh or dried basil. Plan to let the shredded zucchini drain for an hour or two to get as much moisture out as possible.
- Zucchini and Green Tomato Relish. This sweet zucchini and green tomato relish is made with zucchini, green tomatoes, bell peppers, and onion, along with a variety of spices.
- Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Boats. Enjoy the flavor of Buffalo wings without the carbs with these buffalo chicken zucchini boats. Top the stuffed zucchini off with some shredded cheddar and crumbled blue cheese.
- Zucchini Fries. Panko bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese make these baked zucchini fries crispy and delicious. You can use egg whites or egg substitute to keep the fat and calories to a minimum.
- Stewed Zucchini. Zucchini and tomatoes team up to make this great-tasting and simple side stewed zucchini dish. This is an excellent way to use your fresh zucchini, and it makes a fabulous dish to serve with a roast, fish, or chicken.
- Baked Zucchini Parmesan. The sliced zucchini is baked with parmesan cheese, basil, oregano, tomatoes, and other fresh ingredients. Zucchini parmesan is a great alternative to eggplant and it makes an excellent family meal or potluck dish.
- Easy Chocolate Zucchini Cake. A cake mix makes this chocolate zucchini cake easy to prepare, and the shredded zucchini keeps it moist and delicious. This great-tasting zucchini Bundt cake includes chocolate chips and chopped nuts.
- Zucchini Bread. This favorite zucchini bread recipe includes cinnamon and chopped walnuts, and it makes 2 loaves. Use walnuts or pecans in this bread, and add some raisins or dried cranberries for a little extra flavor.
- Parmesan Zucchini Squares. These easy, savory quiche-style zucchini squares are made with eggs, Parmesan cheese, and zucchini. They're a cinch to prepare and bake, and they make an excellent brunch side dish or party appetizer.
- Zucchini and Summer Squash Casserole. This simple combination of zucchini and yellow squash is a nice way to celebrate fresh summer vegetables. This zucchini and summer squash casserole makes a nice side dish with any meal, and it's super easy to put together.
PARMESAN FRIED ZUCCHINI - THESTAYATHOMECHEF.COM
5/5 (2)Total Time 25 minsCategory AppetizerCalories 275 per serving
- Pour enough vegetable oil into a large, heavy skillet to cover with 3/4 inch of oil. Heat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place flour into a shallow dish for dredging. Pour buttermilk into another shallow dish and whisk with eggs until well combined. In a third shallow dish, stir together bread crumbs, Parmesan, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder (if using).
EASY SAUTéED ZUCCHINI WITH PARMESAN AND ONIONS ...
5/5 (56)Calories 94 per servingCategory Side Dish
- Heat the olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Cook gently until the onions begin to brown, about 10 to 11 minutes. Add the zucchini, salt, pepper, thyme, and remaining Less Sodium Butter with Canola Oil.
- Increase heat to medium. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the zucchini is just cooked through and beginning to brown, about 10 to 15 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Enjoy immediately
THE BEST CRISPY FRIED ZUCCHINI - EASY RECIPE CHEF
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 45 minsCategory Appetizer, SnackCalories 157 per serving
EASY FRIED ZUCCHINI CHIPS - COPYKAT RECIPES
Ratings 12Calories 328 per servingCategory Side Dish
- Fry the cracker crumb coated zucchini chips in 350-degree vegetable oil for 1 to 2 minutes or until the zucchini chips are golden brown and crispy. Remove the fried zucchini with a slotted spoon.
BATTER FRIED ZUCCHINI - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
EASY OVEN-FRIED ZUCCHINI RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
4.3/5 (114)Total Time 33 minsCategory Side Dish, AppetizerCalories 130 per serving
EASY FRIED ZUCCHINI (CRISPY) - KITCHEN FUN WITH MY 3 SONS
Cuisine AmericanCategory AppetizerServings 4Total Time 14 mins
FRIED SHREDDED ZUCCHINI RECIPES - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
FRIED ZUCCHINI RECIPE-PARTY APPETIZERS FINGER FOOD-PANKO ...
NONNA'S ITALIAN FRIED ZUCCHINI FRITTERS-20 MINUTES RECIPE ...
EASY FRIED ZUCCHINI – EASIEST RECIPES EVER!
FRIED ZUCCHINI - GREAT GRUB, DELICIOUS TREATS
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make fried zucchini with flour?Place the flour on a plate. Beat the eggs in a shallow bowl. Coat the zucchini slices lightly with flour and pat the slices with your hands to remove the excess flour. Heat 2-3 tablespoons oil or lard in a non-stick or cast iron pan. The oil should be enough to cover the bottom of the pan in a thin layer.
How long do you fry zucchini in a frying pan?Once coated, the zucchini rounds are fried in 350-degree vegetable oil for 1 to 2 minutes or until they are golden brown. Space out your zucchini slices in the pan, and don’t move them around too much while frying. How Do You Keep Fried Zucchini From Getting Soggy?
How to make fried zucchini with buttermilk and Parmesan?Slice zucchini into 1/4 inch thick slices, discarding ends. Place flour into a shallow dish for dredging. Pour buttermilk into another shallow dish and whisk with eggs until well combined. In a third shallow dish, stir together bread crumbs, Parmesan, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder (if using).
What kind of cheese do you put on fried zucchini?Spread some cream cheese, mayonnaise, hummus, or chili sauce on a slice of bread, add the fried zucchini slices, sprinkle with salt and top with a slice of cheese, either feta, Gouda or cheddar. Leave it as an open sandwich or place another slice of bread on top. Absolutely delicious! More zucchini recipes?