MAPLE-GLAZED CORNISH GAME HENS WITH CARROTS
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Stir together maple syrup and cumin; season with salt and pepper. Using kitchen twine, tie hen legs together, then tuck wing tips underneath. Place hens on a rimmed baking sheet and rub with 1 teaspoon oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Roast 10 minutes. Remove sheet from oven and add carrots, onion, garlic, and thyme. Toss vegetables with 2 teaspoons oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast 20 minutes.
- Brush hens with maple mixture. Continue to roast, brushing twice more, until juices run clear when hens are pierced between breast and leg or an instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest part of a thigh (avoiding bone) registers 165 degrees, about 15 minutes. Transfer hens to a cutting board and let rest 10 minutes. Meanwhile, toss vegetables with lemon juice. Carve hens and serve with vegetables.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 505 g, Fat 27 g, Fiber 5 g, Protein 31 g
GLAZED CORNISH GAME HENS
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place hens, breast side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine spreadable fruit and orange juice. Spoon some of the apricot mixture over the hens.
- Bake 30-35 minutes longer or until golden brown and juices run clear, basting several times with remaining apricot mixture.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
SWEET AND SPICY GLAZED CORNISH GAME HENS
- In a small bowl, combine juice, jerk seasoning and oil. Rinse halved hens and pat dry with paper towels. Put the hens in a zip-top bag and pour in the marinade. Turn hens in the bag to coat evenly. Close the bag and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Remove the hens from the marinade and place in a roasting pan, breast-side up. Pour the remaining marinade over the hens. Roast for 40 to 45 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown.
- Garnish with cilantro.
MAPLE TAMARIND GLAZED CORNISH GAME HENS WITH SWEET POTATO CORNBREAD STUFFING
- Preheat oven to 450° F. Rinse Game Hens and pat dry with paper towels. Brush lightly with olive oil and season with garam masala, salt and pepper. Set hens aside while preparing stuffing. To prepare stuffing, toss diced sweet potatoes with olive oil in a microwave safe shallow dish - such as a pie plate. Microwave on high 6-8 minutes, stirring ever 1-2 min or until potatoes are nearly cooked. Meanwhile bring water, apple juice, butter and jalapenos to a boil. Remove from heat. Stir in stuffing mix. Cover and let sit 5 min. Stir in sweet potatoes and apples. Lightly stuff cavities of Game Hens with stuffing. Arrange hens in 9 x 13 baking dishes. Leave some space between birds so air can circulate. Roast birds for 30 minutes. While birds are roasting, combine all sauce ingredients. Remove hens from oven, brush with sauce, return to oven and cook for another 20-30 min, brushing with sauce occasionally.
SPICY MAPLE CORNISH HENS
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Place a wire rack on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Pat the game hens dry and place on the prepared rack. Mix the butter, 1/3 cup maple syrup and 2 tablespoons brown sugar with the salt and all the spices in a bowl. Rub the birds with the butter mixture, making sure it gets in all the cavities and under the skin. Reserve any unused butter for later. Sprinkle the hens with a little extra salt and paprika.
- Roast for 30 minutes, then baste with the juices at the bottom of the baking sheet, or a little of the remaining butter. Return to the oven and roast until the juices run clear and an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thigh (do not touch bone) registers 165 degrees F, another 15 to 30 minutes more. Remove the hens to a cutting board or serving tray to rest and remove the rack. Pour the dry sherry into the hot baking sheet and use a wooden spoon to scrape up any browned bits; add a little of the stock if necessary. Transfer the sherry mixture to a small saucepan and add any remaining butter. Melt over medium heat. Meanwhile, mix the cornstarch with 2 tablespoons chicken stock in a small bowl to make a slurry. Add the slurry and the remaining stock to the saucepan along with the remaining 1/3 cup syrup and remaining 2 tablespoons brown sugar. Cook, whisking constantly, until the mixture thickens, about 5 minutes. Serve the game hens with the sweet and spicy gravy.
GARAM MASALA RUBBED CORNISH HEN WITH MAPLE-TAMARIND GLAZE
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Season entire hen with salt, including the cavity. Push the wings back and rub the garam masala over the entire hen. Place on a lightly oiled baking rack set over a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Brush with some of the glaze and reduce the heat to 375 degrees F and continue baking until just cooked through, about 10 to 15 minutes longer or until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the leg registers 160 degrees F. Remove from the oven, brush with the remaining glaze, and let rest 5 minutes before serving. Alternatively, you can sear the hens in an oven-safe saute pan over medium-high heat and then transfer pan to the oven to finish cooking.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots and ginger and cook until soft. Add red chili flakes and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in chicken stock and peppercorns and cook until reduced by half. Whisk in maple syrup and tamarind paste and cook for 15 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature before using.
STUFFED CORNISH GAME HENS
THIS ENTREE makes an ordinary day special. Whenever I cook Cornish hens for my husband and me, it stirs up warm memories of family times around the holiday dinner table. I bake the extra stuffing separately so we're sure to have enough. -Nancy Aubrey, Ruidoso, New Mexico
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a large skillet or saucepan, saute celery and onion in 2 tablespoons butter until tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in cornbread, bread crumbs, pimientos, broth, egg, poultry seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; mix well. , Stuff each hen with 3/4 cup stuffing. Place extra stuffing in a greased 1-qt. baking dish; refrigerate. Place hens breast side up on a rack in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Cover loosely with foil; bake at 375° for 45 minutes. , Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt the remaining butter; add garlic, lemon zest, mint and remaining salt and pepper. Brush over hens. Bake 15-30 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 180° for hens and 165° for stuffing. Bake the extra stuffing, covered, for 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1728 calories, Fat 106g fat (44g saturated fat), Cholesterol 601mg cholesterol, Sodium 3675mg sodium, Carbohydrate 106g carbohydrate (9g sugars, Fiber 7g fiber), Protein 82g protein.
GLAZED CORNISH HENS
If you're looking to add a touch of elegance to your holiday dinner table, we suggest these Cornish game hens topped with a sweet apricot glaze. -Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place hens, breast side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes. , In a small bowl, combine spreadable fruit and orange juice. Spoon some of the apricot mixture over the hens. Bake until golden brown and juices run clear, 30-35 minutes, basting several times with remaining apricot mixture. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 402 calories, Fat 24g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 175mg cholesterol, Sodium 233mg sodium, Carbohydrate 14g carbohydrate (11g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 30g protein.
BAKED CORNISH GAME HENS
Cornish game hens stuffed with a vegetable mixture, then roasted. A Cornish game hen recipe that I found and tweaked a bit for the taste and size of our small family, but it would be very easy to adjust it to fit your needs. It goes well with oven-roasted potatoes.
Provided by JMRYGH
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a small bowl combine the 1/2 cup melted butter, onion, celery, bell pepper, mushrooms, garlic, basil, oregano and parsley.
- Season hens inside and out with salt and pepper to taste, then stuff with equal amounts butter/vegetable mixture. Place stuffed birds in a 9x13 inch baking dish, breast side up. Drizzle with 1/4 cup melted butter.
- Cover dish and bake in the preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours. Remove cover and brown at 500 degrees F (260 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 476.2 calories, Carbohydrate 4.5 g, Cholesterol 166.8 mg, Fat 45.2 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 14.3 g, SaturatedFat 24.8 g, Sodium 421 mg, Sugar 1.8 g
MAPLE ORANGE CORNISH HENS
A delicious recipe from Canadian Living's Best Weekend Pleasures. Fairly simple preparation but impressive to serve. Can be prepped early in the day and popped in the oven when company arrives.
Provided by Heather in Barrie
Categories High Protein
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In small saucepan, whisk together maple syrup, orange juice, wine (if using) and rosemary. Bring to boil; boil for 3 to 5 minutes or until glaze is slightly thickened. Let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, cut wing tips from hens. Using kitchen shears or sharp knife, cut along each side of back bone; discard backbone. Cut through breastbone to separate into halves. Trim off excess fat and skin. Gently loosen skin from each half of hens, leaving skin attached at back side. Startinng at breast, ease in orange rind over flesh under skin.
- Place hens, skin side up, on foil-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; brush with 1/3 of glaze. Roast in 375 F oven, brushing with glaze twice, for 45 minutes or until browned and juices run clear when hen is pierced.
- Arrange hens on serving platter; garnish with fresh rosemary sprigs and orange slices, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 384.2, Fat 9.6, SaturatedFat 2.5, Cholesterol 258.2, Sodium 220.8, Carbohydrate 13.9, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 11.8, Protein 57
CORNISH HENS WITH MAPLE-MUSTARD GLAZE
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine first 4 ingredients in small saucepan. Cook over low heat until butter melts, stirring until well combined.
- Pat hens dry. Tie legs together to hold shape. Place in small baking pan. Season with salt and pepper. Brush with maple mixture. Roast until juices run clear when hens are pierced in thickest part of thighs, basting occasionally with glaze, about 1 hour.
More about "maple tamarind glazed cornish game hens with sweet potato cornbread stuffing recipes"
GARAM MASALA RUBBED CORNISH HEN WITH MAPLE-TAMARIND GLAZE
MERIDIAN MARKET - CORNISH GAME HENS WITH SWEET POTATO STUFFING
COUSIN'S MARKET IGA - CORNISH GAME HENS WITH SWEET POTATO …
THANKSGIVING SWEET POTATO & APPLE STUFFED CORNISH HENS WITH
SWEET AND SPICY CORNISH GAME HENS WITH CORNBREAD STUFFING
GARAM MASALA RUBBED CORNISH HEN WITH MAPLE TAMARIND GLAZE
MAPLE GLAZED CORNISH GAME HEN | CORNISH GAME HEN, MAPLE …
MAPLE-ORANGE GLAZED CORNISH HENS - COSMOPOLITAN CORNBREAD
MAPLE-GLAZED CORNISH HENS WITH CORNBREAD AND …
CORNISH GAME HENS WITH SWEET POTATO STUFFING - NEIGHBORHOOD …
MARMALADE GLAZED CORNISH GAME HENS & SAUSAGE DRESSING
CORNISH HENS WITH CORNBREAD STUFFING RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
ORANGE-GLAZED CORNISH HENS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
COUNTY MARKET - CORNISH GAME HENS WITH SWEET POTATO STUFFING
CORNISH GAME HENS WITH SWEET POTATO STUFFING
CORNISH GAME HEN WITH MAPLE, GINGER AND CRANBERRIES - CANADIAN …
MAPLE-GLAZED CORNISH HENS | TYSON® BRAND
GARAM MASALA RUBBED CORNISH GAME HENS WITH MAPLE-TAMARIND …
CORNISH GAME HENS WITH SWEET POTATO STUFFING - JACK'S FOOD MARKET
CORNISH GAME HEN GLAZE RECIPES FROM CITRUS TO APRICOT
SWEET AND SPICY GLAZED CORNISH GAME HENS RECIPE
CORNISH GAME HENS WITH BOURBON GLAZE - MYGOURMETCONNECTION
MAPLE-ORANGE GLAZED CORNISH HENS - TASTY KITCHEN
10 BEST CORNISH GAME HEN GLAZE RECIPES - YUMMLY
GLAZED CORNISH HEN WITH ORANGE AND WILD RICE STUFFING RECIPE
MAPLE-BRANDY GLAZE FOR CORNISH GAME HENS - FINECOOKING
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you Cook Cornish hens with maple-mustard glaze?Brush with maple mixture. Roast until juices run clear when hens are pierced in thickest part of thighs, basting occasionally with glaze, about 1 hour. How would you rate Cornish Hens with Maple-Mustard Glaze?
How do you Cook Cornish Game hens for Christmas?If you're looking to add a touch of elegance to your holiday dinner table, we suggest these Cornish game hens topped with a sweet apricot glaze. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin Preheat oven to 350°. Place hens, breast side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes.
How to cook game hens in the oven?Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Place a wire rack on a rimmed baking sheet. Pat the game hens dry and place on the prepared rack. Mix the butter, 1/3 cup maple syrup and 2 tablespoons brown sugar with the salt and all the spices in a bowl. Rub the birds with the butter mixture, making sure it gets in all the cavities and under the skin.
How do you Cook Cornish hens on a Weber grill?Remove from heat. Pour half of glaze mixture into a small bowl; reserve for drizzling on Cornish hens before serving. Place hens directly over burners or coals on grill. Grill hens, covered, 20 minutes, turning once. Spoon or brush hens with remaining glaze.