MARINATED CHICKPEA SALAD
The Montreal Gazette printed this recipe and attributed it to Mom's Best Crowd-Pleasers by Andrea Chesman. I hope to make this soon.
Provided by Studentchef
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large bowl combine chickpeas, celery, bell pepper, onion, carrot and herbs.
- In a small bowl whisk together the oil and vinegar, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Por over the salad mixture and let stand at least 20 minutes before serving.
- Or make up to eight hours ahead, refrigerate covered, then bring to room temperature before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 315.6, Fat 9.2, SaturatedFat 1.2, Sodium 628.7, Carbohydrate 48.9, Fiber 10.1, Sugar 1.7, Protein 10.6
MARINATED GREEK-INSPIRED CHICKPEA SALAD
This salad gets even better the longer it marinates in the refrigerator. While it's completely yummy right away, it tastes best after about 8 hours. I made up this salad after having early spring cravings for crunchy, crisp, refreshing summer food. The tangy vinaigrette and the sharp feta cheese balance perfectly with the hearty chickpeas and crunchy, sweet veggies and make for a really vibrant and satisfying salad. It is delicious alongside pickled baby beets or grilled chicken too. You can also put it in a wrap, or you can use it as a dip--sort of like a Greek salsa.
Provided by Michelle Walker
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Whisk lemon juice, olive oil, vinegar, garlic, pepper, and salt for vinaigrette together in a large salad bowl.
- Stir chickpeas, cherry tomatoes, feta cheese, cucumber, bell pepper, onion, and mint into the bowl until well coated with vinaigrette.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until flavors have melded, 8 hours to overnight.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 314.7 calories, Carbohydrate 28.7 g, Cholesterol 33.7 mg, Fat 18.3 g, Fiber 5.1 g, Protein 10.8 g, SaturatedFat 7.1 g, Sodium 816.5 mg, Sugar 4.5 g
MARINATED CELERY SALAD WITH CHICKPEAS AND PARMESAN
Celery is an underappreciated vegetable that brings wonderful crunch, perfume and bitterness to a salad (and no wonder: It's related to carrots, parsley and fennel). Here it is front and center in a main-dish salad, especially satisfying with a poached egg or some charcuterie on the side. Buy full green heads of celery, not the pale hearts, and make sure the leaves are still attached. But if you can't find celery with leaves, chopped parsley is a reasonable substitute.
Provided by Julia Moskin
Categories salads and dressings, main course
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, maple syrup and a large pinch each of salt and pepper. Drop in garlic cloves, stir, and set aside 15 to 30 minutes to let the flavor infuse.
- Gradually whisk in oil; dressing will emulsify. Mix in chickpeas, celery and scallions. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Remove garlic cloves from dressing. Taste and adjust the seasonings with salt, pepper, vinegar and olive oil. Set aside to come to cool room temperature.
- If desired, make croutons, for serving: Heat oven to 400 degrees. Pull the soft bread out of the center of the loaf, leaving most of the crust behind, and tear bread into bite-size pieces. You should have about 3 cups. Spread pieces on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for about 12 minutes, until golden and crisp; let cool.
- Just before serving, mix celery leaves, tomatoes, basil and croutons, if using, into the salad. In a serving bowl, place a layer of greens, if using, in the bottom. Add celery mixture, then top with cheese and more black pepper.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 330, UnsaturatedFat 11 grams, Carbohydrate 38 grams, Fat 15 grams, Fiber 8 grams, Protein 13 grams, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Sodium 651 milligrams, Sugar 4 grams, TransFat 0 grams
MARINATED CHICKPEA SALAD
- In a large bowl, combine chickpeas (garbanzos), corn, onion, carrot, and celery.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, paprika, vinegars, garlic, mustard, salt, sugar, and pepper.
- Pour dressing over salad and mix well.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving, 2-3 hours is better.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 140, Fat 6.1, SaturatedFat 0.8, Sodium 290.6, Carbohydrate 19.5, Fiber 3.1, Sugar 1.7, Protein 3.5
These marinated chickpeas are great on their own, but even better for bulking up salads into a full meal. Because the chickpeas soak in vinaigrette, there's typically no need to add any extra dressing when you combine them with other vegetables; they come with enough seasoning to flavor everything. Combine a cup of the dressed chickpeas with a cup of cooked whole grains (such as farro, barley, wheat berries or quinoa), a half cup of shredded carrots, a handful of minced fresh parsley, a pinch of cumin, plus some cayenne or harissa for heat. You could also stir together equal parts marinated chickpeas and diced fresh cucumber with some slivered red onions and chopped fresh dill, or massage some chopped kale with olive oil and a pinch of salt, then toss in a big scoop of marinated chickpeas and some crumbled feta or Cotija.
Provided by J. Kenji López-Alt
Yield 4 cups
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl; season to taste with salt and pepper. Allow chickpeas to marinate in the refrigerator for at least a few hours, or up to 1 week. Flavor will improve with time.
- Place chickpeas in a bowl. Add olive oil, oregano, lemon juice, lemon zest, parsley, garlic, and sea salt and mix well. Marinate chickpeas in the refrigerator, 8 hours to overnight.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 175.8 calories, Carbohydrate 16.6 g, Fat 11 g, Fiber 3.3 g, Protein 3.6 g, SaturatedFat 1.5 g, Sodium 289.9 mg, Sugar 0.2 g
MARINATED STURGEON WITH MOROCCAN CHICKPEA SALAD
- For charmoula:
- Combine first 5 ingredients in spice grinder and process until finely ground. Transfer to blender. Add parsley and next 4 ingredients to blender. With blender running, gradually add oil and blend until coarse puree forms. Season to taste with salt. Do ahead Charmoula can be made 1 day ahead. Transfer to bowl and refrigerate. Let stand at room temperature 1 hour before using.
- Place fish on large plate. Pour 3/4 cup charmoula over fish, turning to coat. Cover and refrigerate fish at least 1 hour and up to 1 day. Cover and refrigerate remaining charmoula to use as dressing for salad.
- For moroccan salad:
- Char bell peppers directly over gas flame or in broiler until blackened on all sides.
- Transfer to paper bag and seal tightly; let stand 15 minutes. Peel, seed, and chop peppers. Toast flatbreads directly over gas flame or in broiler until crisp and charred in spots on both sides. When cool enough to handle, tear into bite-size pieces.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place peppers, torn bread pieces, chickpeas, and next 4 ingredients in large bowl. Add 3/4 cup reserved charmoula; toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in large ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add fish with marinade still clinging to surface and cook until brown, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer skillet to oven and roast fish until cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Divide Moroccan salad among 6 plates. Top each portion with sturgeon fillet and serve.
People also searched
More about "marinated chickpea salad recipes"
GREEK MARINATED CHICKPEA SALAD | RECIPETIN EATS
5/5 (48)Category Main Course, SaladCuisine Greek(Ish), WesternEstimated Reading Time 7 mins
- Place spinach in a big bowl, add marinated chickpeas (including all residual Dressing in the bowl). Add tomatoes, pickled onion and peppers, if using.
MARINATED CHICKPEA AND FETA SALAD WITH SPRING VEGGIES | KITCHN
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins See details »
MARINATED CHICKPEA SALAD | CANADIAN LIVING
See details »
MARINATED CHICKPEAS WITH TOMATOES AND CUCUMBER - PEAS AND ...
4.8/5 (12)Category Salad, Side DishCuisine MediterraneanTotal Time 40 mins
- In a large, shallow bowl, mix together marinade by combining olive oil with vinegars, lemon juice, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Add chickpeas, tomatoes, cucumber, onion, and parsley. Allow to sit at room temperature for 30-60 minutes, stirring every so often to make sure the veggies and chickpeas are evenly coated.
- If time permits and you allow it to sit for the full hour you'll be rewarded with even more flavorful goodness! You can also marinate this salad in the fridge if prefrerred.
EASY MARINATED CHICKPEAS, FOR SALAD - INHABITED KITCHEN
Servings 2Estimated Reading Time 5 mins See details »
ITALIAN CHOPPED SALAD WITH MARINATED CHICKPEAS ...
3.8/5 (52)Total Time 30 minsCategory Main Course, Salad
- Combine the olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, dry mustard, thyme and oregano in a small jar and season with a pinch of kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Shake the dressing well.
- Place the chickpeas in a bowl and pour 1-2 tablespoons of the dressing on the chickpeas to marinated for 30 minutes and reserve the rest for later.
- Add the chopped lettuces to a large bowl. Chop the DeLallo SaladSavors™ artichoke hearts and sun dried tomatoes into bite size pieces. Add to the lettuces with the sliced Calabrese and half of the Asiago cheese. Add the chickpeas in the dressing to the lettuce mixture then pour about half of the reserved dressing over the lettuces and toss to coat. Add more dressing if desired.
LEMON HERB PASTA SALAD WITH MARINATED CHICKPEAS RECIPE ...
Category LunchTotal Time 45 mins
- Prepare marinated chickpeas by combining everything together in a shallow bowl. For the best flavor, allow this to marinate for 8 hours or overnight. But hey, if you don’t have the time, just let it all hang out while you prep the rest of the pasta. It’s all good.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. While pasta is hot, toss with marinated chickpeas and allow to cool slightly.
- Add more olive oil (as needed). Add lemon juice and zest and herbs. Season with salt and pepper. Add in Parmesan cheese last so it doesn’t completely melt. Serve warm, cold, or room temp with extra lemon, Parmesan, and herbs as needed!
JESSICA'S MARINATED CHICKPEAS - COOKIE AND KATE
Cuisine MediterraneanCategory SaladServings 6Total Time 15 mins
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, honey, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Pour the dressing over the chickpeas and stir. Cover the bowl and stick it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, for best flavor. The salad keeps for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
EASY MARINATED CHICKPEA SALAD - LIVE SIMPLY
5/5 (3)Category SaladCuisine AmericanTotal Time 15 mins
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Pour the dressing over the chickpea salad, and toss the ingredients to evenly coat the salad ingredients with the dressing.
- I like to let the salad marinate in the dressing for a couple of hours before serving. But you may also serve the salad immediately, if desired. If you're going to prep the salad in advance, place it in an air-tight container first, and then place it in the fridge.
- The salad keeps in my fridge for about 3-4 days, so it's great to make in advance for easy lunches. The tomatoes will soften in the fridge, so keep this in mind if you're not a fan of softer tomatoes.
MEDITERRANEAN CHICKPEAS - MARINATED MEDITERRANEAN CHICKPEAS
5/5 (14)Category Side DishCuisine AmericanTotal Time 15 mins
- In a large bowl, combine the chickpeas, red peppers, sun dried tomatoes, feta, olives, lemon zest, juice , pepper flakes and oregano. Stir to combine.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the vinegar, honey, garlic, salt and pepper. Whisk in the olive oil. I love to use the residual olive oil from the jar of roasted red peppers (or even the sun dried tomatoes). If you don’t have enough, just use as much as you have. Or just use regular extra virgin olive oil.
- Pour the mixture over the chickpeas. Cover and refrigerate. These stay great in the fridge for about 4 days.
- These are so versatile! Every time I eat these, I like to stir in fresh cucumber and fresh parsley - as much as you wish. I will stir these in and let them sit for 5 minutes or so. Then I’ll use the chickpeas as desired - eat them as is, add them to salad, to a pita, on toast - anything!
MARINATED CHICKPEA SALAD - FOODIE WITH FAMILY
5/5 (1)Estimated Reading Time 4 mins See details »
RECIPE: GREEK-STYLE COUSCOUS SALAD WITH MARINATED ...
5/5 (1)Servings 2Cuisine GreekTotal Time 35 mins See details »
MARINATED RAW ZUCCHINI AND CHICKPEA SALAD RECIPE
4.7/5 (9)Total Time 1 hr 1 minCategory Salad, Vegetable See details »
MARINATED CHICKPEA SALAD | SALAD RECIPES THAT DON'T USE ...
Home Country Brooklyn, NYAuthor Nicole Perry See details »
GREEK MARINATED CHICKPEA SALAD - YUMMY RECIPE
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins See details »
MARINATED CHICKPEA SALAD WITH RADISHES AND CUCUMBER RECIPE ...
5/5 (4K)Total Time 30 minsServings 6 See details »
BALSAMIC MARINATED CHICKPEAS - RUNNING ON REAL FOOD
Cuisine AmericanCategory Side DishServings 8Total Time 1 hr 5 mins See details »
MARINATED KALE AND CHICKPEA SALAD WITH SUMAC ONIONS RECIPE
See details »
MARINATED CHICKPEA SALAD RECIPE | RECIPE | CHICKPEA SALAD ...
See details »
CRUNCHY MARINATED CHICKPEA SALAD - LEAN WITH LILLY
See details »
THIS VEGGIE-PACKED RECIPE MADE ME A BELIEVER IN LEFTOVER ...
See details »
weeknight time-to-make course main-ingredient cuisine preparation occasion north-american salads beans vegetables american easy no-cook refrigerator potluck holiday-event picnic spring summer vegan vegetarian dietary thanksgiving seasonal comfort-food independence-day inexpensive chick-peas-garbanzos taste-mood to-go equipment technique 4-hours-or-less
You'll also love