This side dish is ideal when you'd like to serve your vegetables in a different way for a special dinner. Cinnamon and nutmeg season baby carrots that are simmered with orange marmalade and brown sugar. -Barb Rudyk, Vermilion, Alberta
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the carrots, marmalade, 1 tablespoon water, brown sugar, butter and seasonings. Cover and cook on low until carrots are tender, 5-6 hours., In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; stir into carrot mixture. Cover and cook on high until thickened, about 30 minutes. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 159 calories, Fat 2g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 5mg cholesterol, Sodium 252mg sodium, Carbohydrate 36g carbohydrate (29g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 1g protein.
MARMALADE-GLAZED CARROTS WITH CANDIED PECANS
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in the marmalade, then add the carrots, orange juice, brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce the heat to medium low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the carrots are almost tender, 13 to 15 minutes.
- Uncover and add the remaining 2 tablespoons butter to the skillet. Increase the heat to medium high and cook, stirring, until the liquid is reduced, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a platter and sprinkle with the candied pecans.
- Photograph courtesy Anna Williams
- In a 10 inch frying pan over high heat, add water and carrots.
- Cover and bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium-high heat.
- Cook carrots for about 8 minutes or when fork tender.
- Don't forget to stir during cooking.
- Drain carrots.
- Return carrots to pan over high heat.
- Add butter, orange marmalade, ginger, and nutmeg.
- Stir often until marmalade mixture clings to carrots, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley and add salt and pepper to taste.
CORNED BEEF AND CARROTS WITH MARMALADE-WHISKEY GLAZE
St. Patrick's Day in a flash: A zesty glaze makes corned beef from the supermarket deli your own. The perfect go-with? Wedges of cooked, buttered cabbage, of course.
Provided by Bon Appétit Test Kitchen
Yield Makes 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat large rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray. Boil next 3 ingredients in saucepan until reduced to generous 3/4 cup, stirring often, about 7 minutes. Mix in 1 tablespoon mustard.
- Generously brush corned beef all over with glaze; place in center of prepared sheet. Toss carrots and 1/4 cup glaze in large bowl to coat; place around beef. Sprinkle carrots with salt and pepper. Roast until carrots are tender and beef is golden, brushing occasionally with more glaze, about 35 minutes. Transfer to platter, garnish with parsley, and serve with Dijon mustard.
MARMALADE CANDIED CARROTS
My favorite way to make baby carrots is to steam them, then drizzle with an orangey glaze that makes them candy-sweet. -Heather Clemmons, Supply, North Carolina
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a large saucepan, place steamer basket over 1 in. water. Place carrots in basket. Bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to maintain a low boil; steam, covered, 12-15 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender., Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine marmalade, brown sugar and butter; cook and stir over medium heat until mixture is thickened and reduced to about 1/2 cup. Stir in pecans and extract., Place carrots in a large bowl. Add marmalade mixture and toss gently to coat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 211 calories, Fat 8g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 8mg cholesterol, Sodium 115mg sodium, Carbohydrate 35g carbohydrate (27g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
EASY GLAZED CARROTS
- Place carrots into a microwave-safe bowl; add brown sugar, butter, and orange marmalade to carrots. Cover bowl loosely with plastic wrap and cook in microwave on high power for 3 minutes; stir. If butter and marmalade aren't completely melted, continue cooking on high power for 30-second intervals, stirring after each interval, until carrots are coated with glaze.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 243.9 calories, Carbohydrate 36.4 g, Cholesterol 30.5 mg, Fat 11.7 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 0.8 g, SaturatedFat 7.3 g, Sodium 362.9 mg, Sugar 32.2 g
GRAND MARNIER GLAZED CARROTS
This delicious side dish is so easy to make and the flavors are just incredible! This recipe pairs so well with many proteins... VIDEO https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xbsvsfVUBQ
Provided by CLUBFOODY
Categories < 30 Mins
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Place baby carrots in a steam basket and cook on high heat until tender, about 6 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add butter. When it starts foaming, add steamed carrots, brown sugar and Grand Marnier. Cook carrot mixture for 3 minutes. Season carrot mixture with rosemary, cayenne pepper and sea salt; stir and cook for 7 minutes or until glaze thickens.
- Transfer to a serving dish, sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately. Makes 4 servings.
- Put everything except the parsley in a pan and pour over 250ml water. Simmer over a low heat for 20 mins until the liquid has evaporated and the carrots are tender and coated in a sticky glaze. If they are still a little raw, add a splash of water and cook for a few mins more. Transfer to a serving platter and serve sprinkled with parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 95 calories, Fat 3 grams fat, SaturatedFat 2 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 18 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 17 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 1 grams protein, Sodium 0.13 milligram of sodium
More about "marmalade glazed carrots recipes"
MARMALADE GLAZED CARROTS RECIPE - MYGOURMETCONNECTION
5/5 (1)Category Side DishesCuisine AmericanTotal Time 40 mins
- Peel and trim the carrots. Slice on the bias into 1/4-inch thick coins and place them in a large skillet.
- Sprinkle with the salt and add water until barely covered. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium.
- Cover and cook until the carrots are tender but still hold their shape, 8 to 12 minutes (do not overcook). Drain well and set aside.
MARMALADE-GLAZED CARROTS RECIPE -SUNSET MAGAZINE
3/5 (1)Estimated Reading Time 1 minServings 4-5Calories 96 per serving
- In a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over high heat, combine 3/4 cup water and carrots. Cover, bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-high. Shake pan occasionally until carrots are tender when pierced, about 8 minutes. Drain.
- Return carrots to pan over high heat. Add butter, orange marmalade, ginger, and nutmeg. Stir often until marmalade mixture clings to carrots, 5 to 6 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley, and add salt and pepper to taste.
ROASTED BABY CARROTS WITH MARMALADE - CHOWHOUND
MARMALADE GLAZED CARROTS | RECIPE | GLAZED CARROTS, CARROT RECIPES ...
MARMALADE GLAZED CARROTS WITH CANDIED PECANS - RECIPE
MARMALADE-GLAZED CARROTS - MICHELLESRECIPEPLACE.COM
MARMALADE-GLAZED CARROTS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - FOOD NEWS
MARMALADE-GLAZED CARROTS RECIPE
MARMALADE GLAZED CARROTS - CO-OP RECIPES
MARMALADE GLAZED CARROTS - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
MARMALADE-GLAZED CARROTS | PUNCHFORK
SLOW COOKER MARMALADE GLAZED CARROTS - YUM GOGGLE
EASY CARROT AND LEMON MARMALADE/JAM - LARDER LOVE
10 BEST GLAZED CARROTS RECIPES | YUMMLY
SLOW COOKER ORANGE-GLAZED CARROTS - SWANSON
MARMALADE RUM GLAZED CARROTS - AN EASY SIDE DISH
MARMALADE CARROTS - RECIPES
MARMALADE GLAZED CARROTS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SLOW COOKER MARMALADE GLAZED CARROTS - SIDEWALK SHOES
GRAND MARNIER GLAZED CARROTS RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
RECIPE: GLAZED CARROTS WITH ORANGE MARMALADE | FOX 59
RECIPE GLAZED CARROT - THERESCIPES.INFO
GLAZED CARROTS | JAMIE OLIVER VEGETABLE RECIPES
GLAZED CARROTS - BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
SIMPLE HONEY GLAZED BABY CARROTS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
MARMALADE-GLAZED CARROTS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF HOME
MARMALADE GLAZED CARROTS RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
MARMALADE & GINGER GLAZED CARROTS - VODKAANDBISCUITS.COM
MARMALADE-GLAZED CARROTS RECIPE | RECIPE | GLAZED CARROTS RECIPE ...
ORANGE MARMALADE GLAZED CARROTS RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST …
JAMIE OLIVER MARMALADE XMAS CARROTS RECIPE | CHANNEL 4, …
MARMALADE CARROTS RECIPE
CARROT ORANGE MARMALADE RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
MARMALADE-GLAZED CARROTS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
MARMALADE ROASTED CARROTS AND PARSNIPS | TESCO REAL FOOD
SPICY MARMALADE ROASTED CARROTS - IDEALIST FOODS
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #main-ingredient #preparation #vegetables #stove-top #dietary #equipment
Orange Glazed Carrots Carrots Glazed with Orange Marmalade with Candied Pecans332 views-07:01
MAPLE LEMON GLAZED CARROTS & MARMALADE GLAZED CARROTS75 views-10:32
Marmalade Carrots2.1K views-00:16
How to Make Glazed Carrots1.5K views-05:58
Orange Glazed Turkey with Potatoes & Carrots3.1K views-03:40
How to Make Orange Glazed Carrots2.8K views-03:31
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook carrots in a pan with marmalade?Return carrots to pan over high heat. Add butter, orange marmalade, ginger, and nutmeg. Stir often until marmalade mixture clings to carrots, 5 to 6 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and add salt and pepper to taste. “A quick and easy dish to serve with your favorite meat.”
How do you cook carrots in a frying pan?In a 10 inch frying pan over high heat, add water and carrots. Cover and bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium-high heat. Cook carrots for about 8 minutes or when fork tender. Don't forget to stir during cooking. Drain carrots. Return carrots to pan over high heat. Add butter, orange marmalade, ginger, and nutmeg.
How to cook carrots in a slow cooker?In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the carrots, marmalade, 1 tablespoon water, brown sugar, butter and seasonings. Cover and cook on low until carrots are tender, 5-6 hours. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; stir into carrot mixture. Cover and cook on high until thickened, about 30 minutes.
How to cook carrots in microwave?Place carrots into a microwave-safe bowl; add brown sugar, butter, and orange marmalade to carrots. Cover bowl loosely with plastic wrap and cook in microwave on high power for 3 minutes; stir.