MARY'S PERFECT SHORTBREAD
Provided by Marie Rayner
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Preheat the oven to 160*C/325*F/ gas mark 3.
- Sift the cornflour and flour into a bowl. Rub the butter into the mixture with your fingertips until it resembles fine crumbs. Stir in the sugar. Knead gently until it forms a smooth dough. Shape into a round flat disk.
- Place onto a sheet of baking parchment. Using a rolling pin, roll it out to a disc which is 7 inches in diameter. (18 cm) Gently lift the baking parchment onto a baking sheet. Using your fingers crimp around the edges and prick all over with a fork. Using a sharp knife, score it lightly with a sharp knife into 8 even wedges.
- Chill until firm.
- Bake in the oven for 35 minutes until the shortbread is a pale golden colour. Mark the wedges again and dust lightly with more caster sugar.
- Leave to cool on the baking tray for five minutes, then carefully lift off to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Cut into wedges to serve.
Get the right balance of biscuit, caramel and chocolate to bake the perfect millionaire's shortbread. Enjoy with your afternoon tea or coffee
Provided by Miriam Nice
Categories Dessert, Treat
Yield Makes 20-24
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 4. Line a 20cm x 30 cm tin with baking parchment. Rub the flour and butter together with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs then stir in the sugar, vanilla and pinch of salt.
- Tip the mixture into the prepared tin in an even layer, then press the mixture down firmly with the back of a spoon. Bake for 45-50 mins or until light golden brown. Leave to cool completely in the tin.
- For the caramel, put the butter, condensed milk, sugar and syrup in a pan with a pinch of salt. Heat gently until simmering, then whisk for 6 mins until thick and fudgy. Be careful as the caramel will be very hot. Leave to cool for 5 mins, then pour the caramel over the cooled shortbread. Leave to cool completely.
- Stir the dark chocolate and the butter in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water until melted (alternatively heat in the microwave, stirring after every 30 sec blast to make sure it doesn't burn). Once melted and glossy pour the chocolate mixture over the caramel. To decorate, go to the next step, or leave to cool completely then cut into squares or triangles.
- For extra flourish, put melted white chocolate into a piping bag and pipe straight lines over the full length of the shortbread after applying the dark chocolate layer. Turn the tray 90° and drag a skewer through it in long strokes up and down the rows to create a feathered design. Gently shake the tin to settle the chocolate then leave to set completely. Cut into squares or triangles.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 315 calories, Fat 20 grams fat, SaturatedFat 13 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 29 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 19 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 3 grams protein, Sodium 0.2 milligram of sodium
EASY MILLIONAIRE'S SHORTBREAD
Combine the crunch of a shortbread base with a gooey caramel middle and chocolate topping, and you have millionaire's shortbread - the ultimate sweet treat
Provided by Member recipe by fetchgirl
Categories Afternoon tea, Dessert, Treat
Yield Makes up to 24 squares
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Lightly grease and line a 20-22cm square or rectangular baking tin with a lip of at least 3cm.
- To make the shortbread, mix 250g plain flour and 75g caster sugar in a bowl. Rub in 175g softened butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Knead the mixture together until it forms a dough, then press into the base of the prepared tin.
- Prick the shortbread lightly with a fork and bake for 20 minutes or until firm to the touch and very lightly browned. Leave to cool in the tin.
- To make the caramel, place 100g butter or margarine, 100g light muscovado sugar and the can of condensed milk in a pan and heat gently until the sugar has dissolved. Continually stir with a spatula to make sure no sugar sticks to the bottom of the pan. (This can leave brown specks in the caramel but won't affect the flavour.)
- Turn up the heat to medium high, stirring all the time, and bring to the boil, then lower the heat back to low and stirring continuously, for about 5-10 minutes or until the mixture has thickened slightly. Pour over the shortbread and leave to cool.
- For the topping, melt 200g plain or milk chocolate slowly in a bowl over a pan of hot water. Pour over the cold caramel and leave to set. Cut into squares or bars with a hot knife.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 248 calories, Fat 13 grams fat, SaturatedFat 8 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 29 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 21 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 3 grams protein, Sodium 0.3 milligram of sodium
This is a delicious Millionaire's shortbread recipe! It makes a great dessert or snack that will have your family begging for more. The only problem you are going to have is trying to stop yourself from eating it all!
Provided by Miija Veley
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch square pan.
- Sift flour into a bowl. Rub in butter with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine bread crumbs. Mix in brown sugar and shape dough into a ball.
- Press dough into the prepared pan. Prick all over with a fork.
- Bake in the preheated oven until set and golden brown, about 20 minutes. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, combine condensed milk, butter, and brown sugar in a nonstick saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until caramel comes to a boil. Reduce heat and cook until golden and pulling away from the sides of the pan, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Pour caramel over cooled crust and refrigerate until firm to the touch, about 1 hour.
- Place chocolate in top of a double boiler over simmering water. Stir frequently, scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching, until chocolate is melted, about 5 minutes.
- Spread melted chocolate over cooled caramel. Refrigerate until chocolate hardens, about 15 minutes. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 364.2 calories, Carbohydrate 44.7 g, Cholesterol 44.8 mg, Fat 18.7 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 5.4 g, SaturatedFat 11.4 g, Sodium 136.5 mg, Sugar 31.6 g
Plain shortbread, a combination of the most basic ingredients in the baker's pantry, is an understated sweet, but millionaire's shortbread is a spectacle. It's a flashy cookie, topped with swoops of chocolate and chewy caramel made from condensed milk, butter and Lyle's Golden Syrup. A British confection made from cane sugar, Lyle's is found near the honey and maple syrup in any well-stocked supermarket, but if you can't find it, corn syrup makes a fine, if slightly less flavorful, substitute.
Provided by Samantha Seneviratne
Categories candies, cookies and bars, dessert
Yield 32 bars
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Make the shortbread layer: Heat oven to 325 degrees. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on two sides. In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add flour and salt, and beat on low just until the mixture is evenly combined and the texture of coarse sand.
- Tip mixture into prepared pan, and press down firmly into an even layer. Bake until top is dry and light golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool.
- Make the caramel layer: In a medium saucepan, combine condensed milk, butter, Golden Syrup and salt. Cook mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly with a heatproof spatula, until it has thickened and changed from a milky yellow color to the color of butterscotch pudding, 10 to 20 minutes. It should read 220 degrees to 225 degrees on an instant-read thermometer. Adjust the heat as necessary to keep the bottom from scorching. Stir in vanilla extract. Immediately pour the caramel over the baked crust and spread it into an even layer.
- Prepare the chocolate: In the microwave or over a double boiler, melt the chocolate in short bursts, stirring often. Spread melted chocolate in an even layer over caramel. Chill until chocolate is set, about 30 minutes. To serve, cut the parchment-free sides away from the pan with a sharp knife, then transfer the shortbread to a cutting board using the parchment overhang. Cut into 32 small bars.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 162, UnsaturatedFat 3 grams, Carbohydrate 20 grams, Fat 9 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 2 grams, SaturatedFat 6 grams, Sodium 77 milligrams, Sugar 14 grams, TransFat 0 grams
I love transforming a few simple components into one home-run dessert. Using store-bought candies and a few extra ingredients takes the guesswork out of making caramel, and a hint of coffee gives my millionaire's bars even more depth. These are guaranteed to give you all that you'd want in a gourmet bar cookie.
Provided by Dan Langan
Yield 16 bars
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8-inch-square baking pan and line it with parchment paper so that the parchment extends up all sides of the pan.
- To make the shortbread layer: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle, cream the butter, sugar and salt together on medium speed until a grainy paste forms, 1 to 2 minutes. Scrape the bowl and paddle. Add the egg yolk, vanilla and 1 teaspoon water and blend on medium until smooth, about 1 minute. Add the flour and mix on low until a crumbly dough forms; it will look dry and that's okay.
- Transfer the dough to the prepared pan, breaking up any large pieces to evenly scatter the dough over the bottom. Use your hand to press the dough as evenly as possible into the pan. If the dough sticks to your fingers, moisten your hand with cool water. Use a fork to prick the dough all over the surface.
- Bake the shortbread until firm to the touch and golden brown (the edges may be a bit darker than the center), 30 to 35 minutes. Cool the pan on a rack until just warm before topping with the caramel layer, about 30 minutes.
- To make the caramel layer: Stir the cream, vanilla, coffee and salt together in a medium pot, preferably nonstick. Add the butter and caramels and melt over low heat, stirring continuously with a rubber spatula, until smooth, about 5 minutes; reduce the heat if the caramel begins bubbling. Immediately pour the caramel over the warm shortbread and smooth the top. The caramel will smooth and level as it cools. Allow to cool for about 2 hours before adding the final ganache layer.
- To make the chocolate layer: Combine the chocolate chips, cream and instant coffee if using in a small microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 15 seconds. Stir about 5 seconds and continue heating in 15-second increments until smooth, 30 to 45 seconds total. Don't overcook the mixture; if small bits of chocolate remain just gently stir until they melt.
- Pour the chocolate ganache over the cooled caramel layer and smooth to the edges. Allow to set until firm, about 1 hour at room temperature or 30 minutes refrigerated.
- Use the overhanging parchment to lift the bars out. Slice into 16 squares and lightly sprinkle with flaky salt if using. The bars will keep in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
More about "mary berrys millionaire shortbread recipes"
MILLIONAIRE'S SHORTBREAD RECIPE - BBC FOOD
Cuisine BritishCategory Cakes And BakingServings 20
MARY BERRY'S MILLIONAIRES' SHORTBREAD | MILLIONAIRE …
MILLIONAIRE SHORTBREAD BARS | RECIPE RECIPE | LAND …
HOW TO MAKE RECIPE FOR MILLIONAIRES SHORTBREAD MARY BERRY
RECIPES | MARY BERRY
PERFECTED MILLIONAIRE’S SHORTBREAD (CARAMEL SQUARES)
MARY BERRY LAVENDER SHORTBREAD BISCUITS - ANNABEL & GRACE
SHORTBREAD RECIPES - BBC FOOD
MARY BERRY NO COOK CHEESECAKE BEST RECIPES
MARY BERRY MILLIONAIRES SHORTBREAD RECIPE
MILLIONAIRE'S SHORTBREAD RECIPE | RACHAEL RAY IN SEASON
MARY BERRY SHORTBREAD RECIPES - TUTDEMY.COM
HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT MILLIONAIRE'S SHORTBREAD
MILLIONAIRES SHORTBREAD - HAPPY LOVES ROSIE
SCOTTISH SHORTBREAD (MARY BERRY) - COOKING WITH MY KIDS
MARY BERRYS LEMON POSSET BEST RECIPES
THE ULTIMATE MILLIONAIRE'S SHORTBREAD - THE HAPPY FOODIE
MILLIONAIRES SHORTBREAD RECIPE MARY BERRY RECIPES
MILLIONAIRE'S SHORTBREAD - GOOD TO | BAKING RECIPES | GOODTO
MILLIONAIRE SHORTBREAD - MARY BERRY RECIPE | MARY BERRY RECIPE, …
THE HAPPY FOODIE - LEADING RECIPES, NEWS, COOKBOOK REVIEWS
MILLIONAIRE'S SHORTBREAD - PREPPY KITCHEN
MILLIONAIRES SHORTBREAD - SIMPLE HOME COOKED RECIPES
MILLIONAIRES SHORTBREAD - BACK TO BASICS! - JANE'S PATISSERIE
AUTHENTIC MILLIONAIRE'S SHORTBREAD - THE DARING GOURMET
MILLIONAIRES' SHORTBREAD - THE ENGLISH KITCHEN
MILLIONAIRE SHORTBREAD (FREEZER FRIENDLY) - SPEND WITH PENNIES
MARY BERRY'S FAMILY SUPPERS: MILLIONAIRE'S CHEESAKE - MAIL ONLINE
BEST MILLIONAIRE'S SHORTBREAD RECIPE - INTO THE COOKIE JAR
EASY MILLIONAIRE'S SHORTBREAD - MARSHA'S BAKING ADDICTION
MARY BERRY SCOTTISH SHORTBREAD RECIPE - RECIPESCHOICE
MARY BERRY MILLIONAIRE SHORTBREAD RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS …
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What are the ingredients for recipe for millionaires shortbread Mary Berry?Basic Ingredients for recipe for millionaires shortbread mary berry 1 1 can Condensed Milk (397g) 2 25g Caster Sugar 3 75g Golden Syrup (or corn syrup) 4 120g Butter More ...
How to bake a shortbread Mary Berry Cake?MILLIONAIRE SHORTBREAD MARY BERRY RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS … Steps: Preheat the oven to 150C/300F/Gas 2. Line a 23cm/9in square cake tin with baking parchment. Combine the flour and butter cubes in a food processor and pulse until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. 2011-04-29 Preheat the oven to 160°C/Fan 140°C/gas 3.
How to bake the perfect millionaire's shortbread?Get the right balance of biscuit, caramel and chocolate to bake the perfect millionaire's shortbread. Enjoy with your afternoon tea or coffee Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 4.
How to make shortbread?To make the shortbread, use a wooden spoon to combine the butter with the sugar in a large bowl until it forms a paste. Add the flour and gently mix it all together. Use your hands to work the mix until it mops up all the crumbs – you don’t need to add any extra liquid. 3.