MASA PANCAKES WITH SPICED BUTTER
This recipe honors the cinnamon toast I loved as a kid as well as one of my favorite breakfast foods of all time, pancakes. I combine all-purpose flour with masa harina (the very finely ground corn flour used to make tortillas) to give the pancakes a robust, earthy flavor that's just so good with the warm spices in the butter.
Provided by Justin Chapple
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Make the spiced butter: In a small bowl, using a fork, blend together the butter, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, chile powder, salt and nutmeg.
- Make the pancakes: Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, masa, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, eggs and oil. Stir the egg mixture into the flour mixture just until combined.
- Heat a large nonstick or cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Brush the skillet with oil. Scoop three 1/3-cup mounds of the batter into the skillet, spreading them slightly. Cook until bubbles appear on the surface, about 3 minutes. Flip the pancakes and cook until they are golden brown on the bottom, about 2 minutes longer. Transfer the pancakes to a baking sheet and put it in the oven to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining batter, adding more oil to the skillet if needed.
- Serve the pancakes with the spiced butter and warm maple syrup.
I love the floral notes that fresh masa adds to these rich corn pancakes. You can also make them with masa harina for breakfast or brunch.
Provided by Alan Delgado
Categories Pancake Hominy/Cornmeal/Masa Butter Buttermilk Cornmeal Egg Maple Syrup Breakfast Brunch Wheat/Gluten-Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free Quick & Easy Kid-Friendly Peanut Free Father's Day Mother's Day
Yield Makes about 12 (4") pancakes
Number Of Ingredients 11
- If using masa harina, combine in a medium bowl with ½ cup hot water and, using a rubber bowl scraper, stir and mash together until no dry spots remain. Cover with a plate or plastic wrap and let cool, about 30 minutes.
- If using fresh masa, crumble into a medium bowl.
- Melt 5 Tbsp. butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Pour in buttermilk and remove from heat. Set aside.
- Whisk flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl to combine.
- Add eggs and sugar to masa and whisk until only a few lumps remain. Add half of buttermilk mixture and whisk until homogeneous. Add remaining buttermilk and whisk again to combine. Add to bowl with dry ingredients and mix until no dry streaks remain.
- Heat a large griddle or 2 cast-iron or nonstick skillets over medium; brush with butter. Working in batches, scoop ¼-cupfuls of batter onto griddle and cook until bubbles form on the surface and undersides are golden brown, about 3 minutes. If undersides are browning too quickly, reduce heat to low. Flip pancakes and cook until golden brown on the other sides, about 2 minutes. Transfer pancakes to individual plates or a platter. Serve with butter and maple syrup. Do ahead: Masa harina dough can be made 3 day ahead. Once cool enough to handle, wrap tightly in plastic and chill.
We're strong believers in sleeping in and brunching on the weekends (we didn't work hard all week for nothing!), so it's only natural that we treat ourselves to one of our favorite brunch foods: the classic pancake. There's just something about stacks of fluffy, buttery breakfast cakes that makes us feel like we're starting the morning off with dessert, especially if there are chocolate chips inside. Happy brunching! Top with more white chocolate chips, honey, butter, and enjoy.
Provided by Aiya America
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Whisk flour, matcha, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl. Make a well in the center of the mixture; add 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon cashew milk, egg, olive oil, and vanilla extract. Whisk batter briefly until just combined with some small clumps of flour remaining. Add chocolate chips; stir again briefly.
- Grease a small saucepan lightly; heat over medium-low heat. Transfer 2 to 3 spoonfuls of batter onto the center of the pan, spreading batter with the back of the spoon. Cook until small bubbles start to rise to the surface and burst, about 1 minute. Flip and cook until edges are lightly golden brown, about 1 minute more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 227.7 calories, Carbohydrate 22.4 g, Cholesterol 32.6 mg, Fat 13.4 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 3.8 g, SaturatedFat 2.5 g, Sodium 407.2 mg, Sugar 4.5 g
BANANA PANCAKES I
- Combine flour, white sugar, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, mix together egg, milk, vegetable oil and bananas.
- Stir flour mixture into banana mixture; batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Cook until pancakes are golden brown on both sides; serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 193 calories, Carbohydrate 29.2 g, Cholesterol 34.3 mg, Fat 6.6 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 5 g, SaturatedFat 1.2 g, Sodium 245.9 mg, Sugar 8.9 g
MASA HARINA PANCAKES
These pancakes have a nice light corn flavour similar to a sweet cornbread. The amount of sugar should be reduced if you like lots of syrup, as these are sweet enough to nibble on their own. The recipe is scaled to be a light breakfast for two or part of a spread.
Provided by Brooke S.
Yield 4 Pancakes, 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Mix dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Heat skillet or frying pan on medium with a little oil or butter.
- Mix wet ingredients in a small bowl. Combine with dry ingredients until smooth (masa harina will not be lumpy as wheat flour would be).
- When the pan or skillet is hot, pour batter using a ladle or 1/4 cup dry measuring cup. Let each side cook until nicely browned and firm, about two minutes each side.
- If you cook one pancake at a time, the batter will firm up slightly in the bowl. This is fine, and it will not effect the texture of the pancakes. Serve the pancakes hot with butter and syrup or fresh fruit, or nibble them plain when warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 302.7, Fat 12.5, SaturatedFat 3.2, Cholesterol 101.5, Sodium 393.9, Carbohydrate 41.6, Fiber 2.2, Sugar 15.8, Protein 7.8
MASA CORN PANCAKES
Masa brings an awesome sweet corn flavor to these pancakes. Make an awesome huevos rancheros style dish or enjoy simply with a dab of butter and maple syrup.
Provided by Meghan
Yield 8 pancakes, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until blended.
- Let mixture sit for 5 minutes to soften the masa, then stir again.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Pour 1/2 cup batter into the skillet. When the pancakes appear dry around the edges and start to bubble up, flip and cook until done, about two minutes.
- Keep pancakes in a warm oven until ready to serve.
BASIC MASA PANCAKES
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Beat the remaining ingredients together in a separate bowl. Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients, and mix until all the ingredients are moistened.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium flame. Add about 1/2 cup of batter at a time to the pan. Brown the pancakes on one side, then flip and brown on the second side.
- Remove the finished pancakes to a warm oven to hold while you continue with the rest of the batter. Serve with butter and Mexican-style sour cream.
More about "masa pancakes recipes"
MASA PANCAKES WITH LEMON MASCARPONE AND HONEY
BLUEBERRY MASA HARINA PANCAKES | MAGNOLIA DAYS
AMP UP YOUR PANCAKES WITH FRESH MASA | EPICURIOUS
LIGHT & FLUFFY MASA PANCAKES (GLUTEN-FREE) - CRUNCHY …
10 BEST MASA HARINA RECIPES | YUMMLY
BUTTERMILK PANCAKES WITH MASA HARINA RECIPE - FOOD
MASA PANCAKES - BIGOVEN.COM
SUNDAY RECIPE Y UNA CANCIÒN: MASA PANCAKES WITH …
MASA PANCAKES RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
CHEESY MASA PANCAKES WITH PICO DE GALLO–A LOVELY MEXICAN …
MACA PANCAKES RECIPE | NAVITAS ORGANICS
MASA (CORN) PANCAKES - UNLOCK FOOD
MASA CORN PANCAKES RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
EASY VEGAN PANCAKES (WFPB) - VE EAT COOK BAKE
MASA RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
CASTELLA PANCAKE (QUICK AND EASY SOUFFLé PANCAKE ... - COOKING IN …
THE BEST HOMEMADE PANCAKE RECIPE - ALL THINGS MAMMA
MASA PANCAKES – GOING MY WAYZ
SIMPLE RECIPES AMP UP YOUR PANCAKES WITH FRESH MASA | EPICURIOUS
MASA HARINA PANCAKES - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES AND ...
MASA HARINA PANCAKES WITH BLUEBERRY SAUCE - KING ARTHUR BAKING
MASA PANCAKES WITH VANILLA STRAWBERRIES - ¡HOLA! JALAPEÑO
MASA PANCAKES | RECIPE IN 2021 | RECIPES, BRUNCH RECIPES, …
CACHAPAS (VENEZUELAN CORN PANCAKES) RECIPE • CURIOUS CUISINIERE
MASA PANCAKES | RECIPE IN 2022 | BRUNCH RECIPES, BREAKFAST BRUNCH ...
MASA PANCAKES - MASTERCOOK
MASA HARINA PANCAKE RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
SIMPLE RECIPES MASA PANCAKES RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
SAVORY CORN PANCAKES | MAGNOLIA DAYS
CHEESY MASA PANCAKES WITH PICO DE GALLO RECIPE | MYRECIPES
MASA PANCAKES WITH CHIPOTLE SALSA AND POACHED EGGS
MASA PANCAKES WITH SPICED BUTTER – FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN
HOW TO MAKE GHANA MASA (RICE PANCAKES/DONUTS) HAUSA …
BOCOLES, CORN MASA CAKES | QUICK AND EASY | MEXICAN RECIPES
MASA RECIPES FOR BREAKFAST | DEPORECIPE.CO
MASA HARINA RECIPES | KING ARTHUR BAKING
MASA PANCAKES... | FOOD, PANCAKES, RECIPES
FROM NOW ON, MY PANCAKES WILL BE MASA PANCAKES - YAHOO
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook masa harina pancakes?Instructions Whisk together masa harina, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Whisk together milk, eggs, and butter in a medium bowl. Pour liquid ingredients into dry ingredients. Gently fold in blueberries. Heat a griddle or large frying pan over medium heat. Pour about 1/4 cup batter onto griddle for each pancake.
What is the best recipe for masa harina?Whisk together masa harina, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Whisk together milk, eggs, and butter in a medium bowl. Pour liquid ingredients into dry ingredients. Stir until dry ingredients are moistened. Gently fold in blueberries. Heat a griddle or large frying pan over medium heat.
Are blueberry masa harina pancakes gluten free?Blueberry Masa Harina Pancakes are sweet, fluffy, and loaded with fresh blueberries. They have a delightful corn flavor and are gluten-free. Whisk together masa harina, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
How to cook blueberry masa harina?Instructions Whisk together masa harina, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Whisk together milk, eggs, and butter in a medium bowl. Pour liquid ingredients into dry ingredients. Stir until dry ingredients are moistened. Gently fold in blueberries. Heat a griddle or large frying pan over medium heat. Lightly butter or grease griddle.