CRISPY MASHED POTATO & STUFFING PATTIES
Talk about a fun way to use holiday leftovers! Making this turkey and stuffing patty is so fast. The family looks forward to this breakfast treat every year. -Kellie Ferea, Casa Grande, Arizona
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 patties.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, onion and pepper. Stir in potatoes, turkey and stuffing., In a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat. Working in batches, drop potato mixture by 1/2 cupfuls into skillet; press to flatten slightly. Fry on each side until golden brown and heated through, 4-5 minutes. Drain on paper towels. If desired, serve with applesauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 364 calories, Fat 19g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 118mg cholesterol, Sodium 628mg sodium, Carbohydrate 28g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 20g protein.
LOADED CHEESY MASHED POTATO BALLS RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: mashed potato, green onion, cooked bacon, garlic powder, black pepper, eggs, cheddar cheese, flour, bread crumbs, oil, salt
Provided by Tasty
Yield 7 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Cut cheddar cheese block into small cubes.
- Place cold mashed potatoes into a large mixing bowl. Add green onion, chopped bacon, garlic powder, black pepper, and 1 egg - mix well.
- With lightly floured hands - pick up a tablespoon sized ball of potato mixture and flatten into a small pancake. Place a cube of cheddar in the center and wrap the potato mixture around the cheese. Repeat.
- In three separate bowls, add flour, remaining egg (whisked) and breadcrumbs. Coat the potato ball in flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs. Coat once more with egg and once more with bread crumbs. Set aside - store in fridge while you wait to fry.
- In a medium pan heat oil over medium/high heat (to approximately 350˚F (180˚C). Fry the potatoes in batches until browned on all sides.
- Transfer fried potato balls to paper towels to drain excess oil. Sprinkle with salt.
- Transfer to a baking tray and bake in a preheated oven for 5 minutes at 400˚F (200˚C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 792 calories, Carbohydrate 132 grams, Fat 14 grams, Fiber 7 grams, Protein 26 grams, Sugar 7 grams
MASHED POTATO STUFFED MEATLOAF CUPS RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: potato, butter, salt, pepper, shredded parmesan cheese, milk, ketchup, tomato paste, brown sugar, onion powder, mustard powder, paprika, cooking oil, onion, garlic, ground beef, salt, pepper, worcestershire sauce, shredded parmesan cheese, fresh parsley, egg, panko breadcrumbs, milk
Provided by Claire Nolan
Yield 10 meatloaf cups
Number Of Ingredients 24
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
- Place cooked potatoes into a large bowl. Add butter, salt, pepper, parmesan, and a splash of milk. Mash and add more milk gradually until the potatoes are the desired texture. Set aside and let cool.
- Prepare the glaze by mixing ketchup, brown sugar, onion powder, mustard powder, and paprika in a bowl. Reserve half in a separate bowl to glaze once cooked.
- Add oil in a skillet over medium heat, followed by onions and garlic. Cook until onions are translucent and fragrant. Set aside in a bowl to cool before adding to the meat mixture.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, salt, pepper, worcestershire sauce, parmesan, parsley, cooled onions & garlic, egg, breadcrumbs and milk. Mix until combined.
- Using a spoon or ice cream scooper, scoop the meat mixture and place into a greased 12 cup cupcake baking tin.
- Using your fingers, spread the meat from the center to make a cup. Fill the middle with a small spoonful of mashed potatoes, and cover back up with the meat mixture.
- Generously brush half of the reserved glaze on top of the meatloaf cups generously.
- Bake for 25 minutes, reapplying the glaze halfway through. Once they are done cooking, brush with the remaining glaze that has Not been used on the raw meatloaves.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 314 calories, Carbohydrate 24 grams, Fat 15 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 19 grams, Sugar 9 grams
GRANDMA DOT'S STUFFING BALLS
This is my must-have recipe for Thanksgiving, passed down to me by my grandmother. These delicious stuffing balls are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. She always used white bread for this recipe, but I like to use a nutty whole wheat bread for a little extra flavor.
Provided by carabakescupcakes
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil; grease with cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and celery; cook and stir until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in salt, poultry seasoning, and pepper; cook and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Whisk eggs and chicken broth together in a large bowl. Fold in bread cubes and parsley. Pour in onion mixture; mix together until combined.
- Shape mixture into 2-inch balls and arrange on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until golden and crisp, about 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 108.4 calories, Carbohydrate 8.8 g, Cholesterol 30.8 mg, Fat 6.9 g, Fiber 1.5 g, Protein 3.3 g, SaturatedFat 3.9 g, Sodium 288.5 mg, Sugar 1.3 g
MASH POTATO AND STUFFING BALLS
Don't you hate it when you have a little leftover but not quite enough - and you really don't want to throw it away - so don't - here's an idea for just such an occasion. Mash Potato and stuffing balls - crispy on the outside and nummy and heavenly on the inside.
Provided by SEvans
Categories Mashed Potatoes
Yield 10 balls
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Combine leftover mashed potatoes, leftover stuffing, one egg, and approximately 1/2 of the bread crumbs.
- This particular recipe yields 10 ping-pong-ball size stuffing balls, but you can change the recipe to whatever suits your family, and depends on the amount of leftovers you have. The consistency of the balls should be sticky, but not UBER sticky.
- Roll the balls in the remaining bread crumbs to coat evenly.
- Set aside until all the balls are ready.
- Heat oil in a pan; the oil should be half way up the ball in the pan, so use approximately 1/2 to 1 cup of oil, depending on the size and depth of your pot or pan.
- Fry for 2 or 3 minutes until golden all over, rolling around as needed.
- Let rest on paper towels until you are ready to serve.
- That's it; super simple and REALLY tasty.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 84.9, Fat 2, SaturatedFat 0.5, Cholesterol 19, Sodium 202, Carbohydrate 13.7, Fiber 1.1, Sugar 1.2, Protein 2.8
MASHED POTATO-SAUSAGE STUFFING
This recipe, inspired by a traditional Pennsylvania Dutch dish, takes the best parts of mashed potatoes and stuffing and combines them into one. It's as homey and comforting as a Thanksgiving side can get. Use a good quality white country bread with some texture to it for best results.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 8 to 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat the oven to 375˚ F and butter a 9-by-13-inch or other 3-quart baking dish. Put the potatoes in a large pot; cover with water and season with salt. Bring to a simmer; cook until the potatoes are tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, spread the bread on a baking sheet and bake until lightly toasted around the edges, about 5 minutes.
- Combine 1 tablespoon butter and the sausage in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook, breaking up the meat into pieces with a wooden spoon, until browned, about 4 minutes. Add 7 tablespoons butter, the onion and celery; season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are softened, about 8 minutes. Stir in the thyme, sage and poultry seasoning, then add the chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Whisk the half-and-half with the eggs, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper in a large bowl. Add the warm potatoes and mash; season with salt. Mix in the bread and the sausage mixture. Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons butter in the microwave. Transfer the stuffing mixture to the baking dish, then drizzle with the melted butter. Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes, then uncover and continue baking until the top is crisp and golden, 20 to 25 more minutes.
MASHED POTATO STUFFING
It wouldn't be Christmas in our family without this satisfying stuffing made from potatoes. My mother-in-law shared the recipe years ago, and I've since passed it on to our grown children.
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 8-10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and crumbs; set aside. In a skillet, saute onions in butter until tender; add to potato mixture. Stir in egg substitute, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. , Just before baking, stuff turkey. Skewer and fasten openings. Tie drumsticks together. Place with breast side up on a rack in a roasting pan. Cover and bake at 325° for 3 to 3-3/4 hours or until a thermometer reads 180° for the turkey and 165° for the stuffing.
Nutrition Facts :
More about "mash potato and stuffing balls recipes"
MASHED POTATO STUFFING BITES - GREAT GRUB, DELICIOUS TREATS
4.7/5 (3)Category Appetizer, SnackCuisine AmericanEstimated Reading Time 4 mins
- Put potatoes in a large pan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook until soft. Drain and return to pan.
- Using three separate bowls, add flour to the first bowl, whisk buttermilk and egg in the second bowl and bread crumbs to the third bowl.
MASHED POTATO STUFFING BALLS RECIPE - MIDLIFE HEALTHY …
Reviews 2Estimated Reading Time 4 minsServings 12
MASHED POTATO BALLS RECIPE - IDAHOAN FOODS
Servings 6-8Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
AMISH POTATO STUFFING - BROOKLYN FARM GIRL
THANKSGIVING LEFTOVER MASHED POTATOES AND STUFFING …
MASHED POTATO AND LEFTOVER STUFFING PATTIES …
10 CREATIVE STUFFED POTATO RECIPES YOU'VE GOT TO TRY
FRIED MASHED POTATO BALLS STUFFED WITH BAR-B-Q CHILI - STUBB'S
LEFTOVER TURKEY STUFFING & POTATO BALLS - SOUFFLE BOMBAY
BAKED MASHED POTATO BALLS, CRUMBED & OVEN BAKED - EMILIA'S …
10+ LEFTOVER STUFFING RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
MEATY STUFFED MASHED POTATO BALLS - COOK N' SHARE
IT WAS JUST ORDINARY STUFFING - LITTLETHINGS.COM
PAPAS RELLENAS - STUFFED POTATO BALLS RECIPE
LOADED MASHED POTATO BALLS - DAMN DELICIOUS
AMISH POTATO STUFFING - I AM HOMESTEADER
MASHED POTATO STUFFING RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
MASHED POTATO STUFFED SHELLS ARE MADE FOR CARB ENTHUSIASTS LIKE …
IDAHO® POTATO STUFFING BALLS
RECIPES - POTATO STUFFING MUFFINS | GOODCOOK
MASHED POTATO-STUFFED MEATBALLS - TABLE AND HEARTH
THANKSGIVING POTATO STUFFING BALLS WITH A CRANBERRY CENTER
STUFFED POTATO BALLS | CLASSIC BAKES
LEFTOVER MASHED POTATO BALLS - JUST A TASTE
FRIED MASHED POTATO BALLS - DAD WITH A PAN
RECIPE: STUFFING BALLS (USING MASHED POTATOES) AND PARSLEY STUFFING ...
MASHED POTATO STUFFING BALLS RECIPE - BEST CRAFTS AND RECIPES
HOW TO USE UP LEFTOVER STUFFING AND MASHED POTATOES
PICADILLO-STUFFED MASHED POTATO BALLS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
IDAHO® POTATO STUFFING BALLS RECIPE BY MADELINE BUIANO
CHEDDAR AND CHICKEN STUFFED MASHED POTATO BALLS - SO DELICIOUS
STUFFED MASHED POTATO BALLS WITH CHEESE CENTERS
MASH POTATO STUFFING - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
THANKSGIVING STUFFED MASHED POTATO BALLS (VEGAN)
PANKO MASHED POTATO BALLS | 12 TOMATOES
TURKEY AND STUFFING POTATO BALLS - BAKING BITES
MASH POTATO STUFFING - RECIPES - PAGE 9 | COOKS.COM
MASHED POTATO STUFFING BALLS RECIPE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make mashed potatoes and stuffing with shredded turkey?This recipe couldn’t be simpler when leftovers are around yet its one of those memorable foods that will have you making the mashed potatoes, stuffing and turkey JUST so you can make it again! All you need to do is to combine equal parts mashed potatoes and stuffing and then add in shredded turkey meat.
What is the best way to cook mashed potatoes?Fried mashed potatoes are crisp on the outside and fluffy on the inside. The key to making this recipe is to use mashed potatoes that start out firm from chilling. Serve these fried mashed potato balls with sour cream or ranch salad dressing on the side. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
How do you make mashed potatoes with celery and onions?In a large frying pan, saute the onion and celery in butter over medium high heat until the vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in bread, mashed potatoes, sage, parsley and salt + pepper. Mix completely. Spray a 9×9 baking dish with nonstick spray, and then pour the stuffing mixture into it.
How do you make mashed potatoes with bacon and cheese?Place cold mashed potatoes into a large mixing bowl. Add green onion, chopped bacon, garlic powder, black pepper, and 1 egg - mix well. With lightly floured hands - pick up a tablespoon sized ball of potato mixture and flatten into a small pancake. Place a cube of cheddar in the center and wrap the potato mixture around the cheese. Repeat.