PICK A MEAT CHILI
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Mix together the coriander, paprika, cumin, cayenne and some salt and pepper in a small bowl and toss with the cubed meat, ground meat or eggplant.
- Add the oil to the pot and when hot, add the meat or eggplant and cook, turning as necessary, until brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the onion, garlic and jalapeno and cook, stirring, until beginning to soften, about 2 minutes.
- Add the beer and water and deglaze the pot, scraping up any brown bits on the bottom with a wooden spoon. Add the tomato and chipotle if using, bring to a simmer and simmer until the meat is tender, 1 to 1 ½ hours. (The cooking time will be less for ground meat, chicken and eggplant.)
- Add the beans and continue to simmer for 10 to 15 minutes to thicken. (If using pre-soaked dried beans, the cooking time may be longer.) Serve the chili garnished with your favorite toppers on hand.
CHEF JOHN'S CINCINNATI-STYLE CHILI
You'll love this chili if you tend to like foods from the Middle East, the Mediterranean, Greek food, or Indian food, because of the spices and flavor profile. If you don't, you won't. If you finish this dish off with some diced onions and grated Cheddar cheese like I did, you'll be enjoying what they call in Cincinnati a "Four-Way," because of the four components, but feel free to serve as you like.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Combine beef and tomato paste in a large pot. Rinse out the tomato paste can with a couple tablespoons of water and add to the pot with garlic, onion, chili powder, cumin, cinnamon, cayenne, allspice, cloves, black pepper, bay leaf, sugar, and salt. Add apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire, and cold water. Mash and stir with a potato masher or a large whisk to break up the meat into fine pieces.
- Place the pot over medium-high heat; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until flavors come together and chili reaches your desired thickness, 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until very tender, about 12 minutes. Drain.
- Taste chili and adjust seasoning. Remove and discard bay leaf. Ladle over spaghetti into serving bowls. Top with some onions and Cheddar cheese. Cut and scoop the noodles up with a fork like you're eating a casserole.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 752.8 calories, Carbohydrate 52.9 g, Cholesterol 151.5 mg, Fat 38.4 g, Fiber 4.6 g, Protein 48.4 g, SaturatedFat 20.3 g, Sodium 1443.7 mg, Sugar 6.5 g
MEAN OLD CHILI
- In a glass baking pan, stir together the Worcestershire sauce, garlic, 2 tablespoons red pepper flakes, vinegar, oregano, basil, black pepper and olive oil. Place the meat into the sauce; cover and marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat. Remove meat from the marinade, and discard marinade. Thread the marinated beef, chili peppers, and red bell pepper onto skewers.
- Grill the skewers about 4 to 6 minutes on each side, or until the meat is of the desired doneness.
- Place a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat. Remove meat and peppers from skewers, and place them in the pan. Season with chili powder, and stir in tomatoes and pinto beans. Sprinkle in the remaining red pepper flakes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 454.6 calories, Carbohydrate 17.9 g, Cholesterol 100.6 mg, Fat 30.1 g, Fiber 5.1 g, Protein 28.8 g, SaturatedFat 11 g, Sodium 357.4 mg, Sugar 4.6 g
MEAN CHEF CHILI
This chili recipe has been developed over a period of years. IMHO, there is no better chili. The recipe can be cut down and made in smaller batches - but it freezes well. This is a day long project, but for those who like chiles it is well worth the effort. Remember, real chile has no beans.
Provided by Jeff Hixson
Yield 7 Qts
Number Of Ingredients 31
- Red Chile Sauce---------.
- Stem and seed chiles, roast at 250 for 3- 4 minutes.
- Add to the water in a covered pan and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Blacken tomatoes under broiler.
- Saute onion in oil over low heat until browned.
- Put tomato, onion, garlic, chiles, cumin, oregano, adobo sauce and salt in a blender.
- Add stock and puree to a fine paste.
- Add lard to a skillet and heat to almost smoking.
- Fry sauce at a sizzle for 5 minutes.
- Do not allow to get too thick.
- Add more stock if necessary.
- Extra can be frozen and use for any Mexican/Southwestern recipe whic calls for red chile sauce.
- For CHILI--------.
- Place chile sauce, ale, beef stock, tomato sauce and enchilada sauce in large stock pot and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Brown meat in lard in cast iron skillet.
- Saute onion in same pan to brown.
- Place meat and onion in bowl and sprinkle with 1/2 cup of masa.
- Add to stock pot including accumulated juices.
- Add peppers to stock pot.
- Add spices to stock pot.
- Simmer slowly until meat is tender.
- Correct seasoning.
- Add sausage.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 2387.4, Fat 163.1, SaturatedFat 64, Cholesterol 541, Sodium 2065.2, Carbohydrate 64, Fiber 15, Sugar 22.7, Protein 156.5
More about "mean chef chili recipes"
CHAMPIONSHIP AWARD WINNING TEXAS STYLE COOK OFF …
CLASSIC BEEF CHILI | RICARDO
BEEF CHILI RECIPE - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
BEST EVER CHILI RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
THREE BEAN VEGETARIAN CHILI - RECIPES | PAMPERED CHEF …
RACHAEL'S MEAN GREEN PULLED CHICKEN CHILI | RECIPE
BEST CELEBRITY CHEF CHILI RECIPES - INSIDER
Is Accessible For Free False
GAME DAY CHILI RECIPE | MEAN GREEN CHEF | A CURE FOR THE TIRED …
ROASTED PUMPKIN CHICKEN CHILI RECIPE | MEAN GREEN CHEF
30 MINUTE ONE POT CHILI - NEW SOUTH CHARM:
LEAN, MEAN CHILI RECIPE | MYRECIPES
AWARD WINNING PLANT BASED CHILI - CHEF JULIA
BEST WESTERN FOOD RECIPES: MEAN CHEF CHILI
10 BEST CHILI RECIPES FROM CANADA'S TOP COOKS - READER'S DIGEST …
CLASSIC CHILI - ONCE UPON A CHEF
MEAN CHEF CHILI RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
TOP 48 CHEF CHILI RECIPE RECIPES
CHEF JOHN'S PERFECT CHILI RECIPE - THE GOURMANDISE SCHOOL
CLASSIC NO FUSS CHILI - THE STAY AT HOME CHEF
CHUNKY BEEF & BEAN CHILI - RECIPES | PAMPERED CHEF CANADA SITE
HOMEMADE CHILI RECIPE FOR MAKING A MEAN GROWN-UP CHILI
MEAN CHEF S MAPLE BRINE RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
TEXAS-STYLE CHILI (CHILI CON CARNE) - THE CHUNKY CHEF
MASTER CHIEF'S KILLER CHILI RECIPE - YOUTUBE
GAME DAY CHILI RECIPE | MEAN GREEN CHEF | A CURE FOR THE TIRED …
RECIPES | PAMPERED CHEF US SITE
EDDIE'S AWARD WINNING CHILI RECIPE L PANNING THE GLOBE
CHILI CON CARNE (TEXAS BEEF CHILI) - ONCE UPON A CHEF
SERIOUSLY THE BEST CHILI RECIPE (5-STAR BEEF CHILI!) - FIT FOODIE FINDS
CHICKEN RECIPES | MEAN GREEN CHEF | A CURE FOR THE TIRED PALATE
CLASSIC CHUNKY BEEF CHILI | BLUE JEAN CHEF - MEREDITH LAURENCE
MEAN CHEF'S YUCATAN-STYLE CHICKEN, LIME, AND ORZO SOUP
CHILI CON CARNE | BLUE JEAN CHEF - MEREDITH LAURENCE
MEAN CHEF'S MAPLE BRINE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
#weeknight #time-to-make #course #preparation #main-dish #chili #dietary #number-of-servings #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love