MEATLOAF BURGER: A RECIPE FOR THE BEST GRILLED HAMBURGER
Looking for the best hamburger to grill at your next backyard barbecue? Look no further. Meatloaf burgers are the home-cooked comfort food of summer.
Provided by Carrie Ypma
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large bowl combine ground beef, eggs, parsley, saltine crackers, onion, pepper, salt and garlic powder.
- Use about 1/4 pound of beef and roll it into a large ball. Put a patty paper on the bottom of the hamburger press, then place the ball of meat on the center of the paper.
- Cover the ball with another square of patty paper.
- Then lower the lid of the hamburger press and push down until it forms a nice round Meatloaf Burger patty.
- Place the Meatloaf Burger patties side by side on a large baking sheet. Keep the patty paper between the Meatloaf Burgers to separate them.
- You can either grill the Meatloaf Burgers immediately or freeze them on the baking sheet to enjoy another day. Once each Meatloaf Burger is frozen solid, you can transfer them from the cookie sheet into a large resealable freezer bag. Frozen Meatloaf Burgers do not need to be thawed before grilling.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 pattie, Calories 140 kcal, Carbohydrate 3 g, Protein 20 g, Fat 5 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Cholesterol 83 mg, Sodium 145 mg, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 1 g
TANGY MEATLOAF BURGERS
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat a grill to medium high. Soak the onion rings in a bowl of cold water. Meanwhile, combine the meatloaf mix with the diced onion, parsley, breadcrumbs, egg, paprika, 1 tablespoon each ketchup and duck sauce, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Gently form into four 1-inch-thick patties; make an indentation in the center of each.
- Brush the patties with the olive oil and grill until marked on the bottom, about 6 minutes. Meanwhile, mix the remaining ketchup and duck sauce in a small bowl for brushing; set aside a few tablespoons. Turn the patties, brush with the ketchup mixture and continue grilling until cooked through, about 5 more minutes. Toast the buns, if desired.
- Spread the buns with the reserved ketchup mixture. Drain the onion rings. Serve the patties on the buns; top with the onion, lettuce, tomato and pickles. Serve with sweet potato chips, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 444, Fat 19 grams, SaturatedFat 6 grams, Cholesterol 123 milligrams, Sodium 1,079 milligrams, Carbohydrate 43 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 26 grams
MEAT LOAF BURGERS
These hearty meat loaf sandwiches are delightful for potluck dinners. Served on hamburger buns, the beefy patties get extra flavor when topped with the seasoned tomato sauce. -Peggy Burdick, Burlington, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Place onion and celery in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine the beef, 1 teaspoon salt and pepper; shape into 6 patties. Place over onion mixture. Combine the tomato juice, garlic, ketchup, Italian seasoning, bay leaf and remaining salt. Pour over the patties. , Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or until meat is no longer pink. Discard bay leaf. Separate patties with a spatula if necessary; serve on buns.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 385 calories, Fat 14g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 94mg cholesterol, Sodium 1123mg sodium, Carbohydrate 28g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 34g protein.
CHEF JOHN'S GRILLED BACON MEATLOAF BURGERS
I love meatloaf, but not as much as I love meatloaf sandwiches. In fact, I'll make a meatloaf just for the leftovers. I'll fry the cold slice in a buttered pan until hot and crusty, and enjoy it on toast with ketchup. This recipe is basically that, plus bacon, in burger form.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Whisk egg, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt, brown sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, thyme, and cayenne pepper together in a bowl. Add breadcrumbs and chopped cooked bacon. Crumble in the ground beef. Mix with your fingers until bacon and breadcrumbs are distributed evenly.
- Form mixture into 4 burgers with your wet hands. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled thoroughly, about 3 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Place burgers on the grate and cook, turing occasionally, until firm and cooked to your desired doneness. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read between 145 and 150 degrees F (63 degrees C). Let burgers rest for a few minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 520.4 calories, Carbohydrate 8.9 g, Cholesterol 164.6 mg, Fat 37.7 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 33.9 g, SaturatedFat 14 g, Sodium 1388.7 mg, Sugar 2.9 g
This meatloaf is extremely juicy, and the potential variety of different flavors is as big as your imagination. I've done American cheese with ketchup and mustard on top and served with dill pickle chips. Another one might be Swiss cheese and mushroom topping.
Provided by Douglas Tuccinardi
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, bread crumbs, onion, eggs, salt and pepper, and mix well. Pat out meat mixture into a 14x18 inch rectangle on a piece of wax paper. Spread cheese over the meat, leaving a 3/4 inch border around the edges. Roll up jelly roll fashion to enclose the filling and form a pinwheel loaf. Press beef in on both ends to enclose the cheese. Place in a 10x15 inch baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven 1 hour, or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 410 calories, Carbohydrate 4 g, Cholesterol 161.9 mg, Fat 29.1 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 31.7 g, SaturatedFat 14.7 g, Sodium 811.3 mg, Sugar 0.9 g
SUNNY'S MEATLOAF BURGERS
- For the sauce: Combine the ketchup, vinegar, sriracha and pepper in a small pot. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until reduced slightly, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove and refrigerate.
- For the patties: Add the olive oil to a small pan on medium-high heat, then add the onion, oregano, thyme, salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon water. Stir to coat everything and cook until the onions are translucent but not browned, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the bread, egg, pesto, Worsterschire sauce, Parmesan and garlic in a medium bowl. Add the sauteed onions to the breadcrumb mixture and stir to completely combine. Break up the beef in a large bowl with your hands or a wooden spatula. Add the breadcrumb mixture and gently mix together.
- Preheat the grill for cooking with direct and indirect heat at 350 degrees F or heat a pan over medium-high heat.
- Evenly divide the mixture into 3 or 4 balls and form into patties. Place on the direct heat of the grill or into the pan. Cook on one side until the patties release, 5 to 6 minutes, then flip, transferring to the indirect heat of the grill. If using a pan, simply lower the heat and cover the patties with a lid or upside-down metal bowl. Cook until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F, 5 to 6 minutes more. Remove from the heat and let rest, covered, for 5 minutes.
- For the burgers: Add a patty to each bun bottom, then top with the sauce and a pile of potato chips. Top with the bun tops. Enjoy!
SOUTHWESTERN MEATLOAF BURGERS
Glazing the burgers with chili sauce keeps them moist and adds extra flavor. Look for chili sauce (actually a spicy ketchup) in the condiments aisle of your grocery store.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large bowl, combine beef, breadcrumbs, scallions, garlic, 1/2 cup chili sauce, egg, chili powder, cumin, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Using your hands, mix just until combined; do not overmix.
- Divide beef into 4 equal portions. Form each portion into a 4-inch-diameter patty, about 1 1/2 inches thick. Place on a plate; cover tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until ready to use, up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees with rack in center. Transfer patties to a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until browned, about 15 minutes.
- Lightly brush tops and sides of patties with remaining 3 tablespoons chili sauce. Return to oven; cook until an instant-read thermometer inserted into center registers 160 degrees. 5 to 10 minutes more. Serve immediately, with tortillas, jalapenos, and radishes, if desired.
- 1. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large ovenproof skillet over high heat until hot. Reduce the heat to medium; add the onion, celery, and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet, spreading out the mixture, and place in freezer to cool slightly. Combine the beef, pork, veal, sour cream, bread crumbs, 2 tablespoons of the mustard, the salt, and pepper; stir in the onion mixture. Shape into 6 equal burgers. 2. Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in the skillet over high heat until hot; reduce the heat to medium and add the burgers to the pan. Cook the burgers for 6 minutes a side or until they are almost cooked through (nice and pink; they should be almost firm to the touch and have very little pink color inside). Transfer the burgers to a rimmed baking sheet. 3. Meanwhile, combine the chili sauce and the remaining 2 tablespoons mustard. Preheat the broiler to high. Spoon the chili sauce over each burger to cover well and place the skillet under the broiler. Broil for 2 minutes or until the topping begins to bubble.
MEAT LOAF PATTIES
"I copied this recipe from my mom before my husband and I were married," recalls Nancy Carpenter, Sidney, Montana. "These moist burgers are still a favorite after more than 20 years." They're economical, too, at 39 cents a patty.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a bowl, combine egg, milk, onion, chili powder, salt and Worcestershire sauce. Mix in 1/2 cup cracker crumbs. Add beef; mix well. Shape into six patties, about 1/2 in. thick. Coat with remaining crumbs. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook patties in oil for 5 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink. Serve with ketchup.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 212 calories, Fat 11g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 83mg cholesterol, Sodium 441mg sodium, Carbohydrate 12g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 17g protein.
OVEN BAKED MEATLOAF BURGERS FOR A CROWD
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Baste with ketchup if desired.
- Mix all ingredients except buns. Make into 36 burgers.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until no longer pink.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 289, Fat 15.8, SaturatedFat 5.7, Cholesterol 111.3, Sodium 253.9, Carbohydrate 7.9, Fiber 0.6, Sugar 1.7, Protein 27.3
MEATLOAF BURGERS WITH QUICK KETCHUP
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Brush a baking sheet with oil; set aside. Make the burgers: In a medium bowl, mix beef, onion, parsley, breadcrumbs, egg, tomatoes, mustard, Worcestershire, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper with your hands, just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Divide beef mixture into 4 equal portions. Form each portion into a 4-inch patty. Place on prepared baking sheet. Transfer to oven; bake, flipping patties once, until cooked through, about 14 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the ketchup: In a small saucepan over medium heat, stir together tomatoes, brown sugar, vinegar, and cloves. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Spoon ketchup over meatloaf burgers, and serve.
BACON-TOPPED MEATLOAF BURGERS
Instead of turning a meatloaf into a red-centered burger-loaf, why not turn a burger into a tender, juicy meatloaf patty? You get the inimitable meatloaf flavors of beef laced with ketchup and onion but in a far more delectable form. Simply broil the burgers until they are just past purple on the inside, and seared mahogany brown on the outside. This takes about five minutes - 55 minutes less than a traditional meatloaf. Put the patties on a potato bun and bite in. The meat is juicy enough to soak the roll, and is flavored in that meatloaf manner - brawny yet barely sweet, porky from the bacon, aromatic with herbs, onion and garlic, all commingled with a deep, beefy flavor. Excellent!
Provided by Melissa Clark
Yield 6 burgers
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat broiler. Position oven rack 4 inches from heat. In a small bowl, mix together ketchup, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. In a separate medium bowl, mix together the meat, onion, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix in half the ketchup mixture, reserving other half as a glaze.
- Form meat mixture into six equal patties, about 1 1/4 inches thick. Transfer patties to a baking sheet. Brush each patty with glaze.
- For rare burgers, broil for 1 minute, then add bacon slices to tops of patties and continue broiling until bacon is browned and meat is cooked as desired, about 4 minutes longer. For medium, add bacon after 2 minutes of broiling, and for well-done, after 3 minutes. Serve with buns and trimmings if desired.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 429, UnsaturatedFat 18 grams, Carbohydrate 5 grams, Fat 34 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 24 grams, SaturatedFat 12 grams, Sodium 409 milligrams, Sugar 3 grams, TransFat 1 gram
MEATLOAF BURGER WITH HARISSA MAYO
Stretch your minced beef and bacon loaf a little further by using leftovers to create homemade hamburgers with spicy sauce
Provided by Sara Buenfeld
Categories Dinner, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Turn on the grill to high. Line a baking tray with foil, then place the meatloaf slices on it. Cover with the tomato and cheese, and grill until the meatloaf is hot and the cheese has melted.
- Warm the burger buns in the toaster or under the grill. Mix the mayo and harissa, then spread over the bottom half of the buns, arranging the lettuce and cucumber on top. Add the slices of meatloaf, then top with the onion, a twist of black pepper and bun tops.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 640 calories, Fat 36 grams fat, SaturatedFat 11 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 45 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 5 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 35 grams protein, Sodium 3.2 milligram of sodium
FRIED MEATLOAF BURGERS
This is a recipe I threw together, with some of the family meatloaf I made earlier in the month. It is super easy, super fast, and super tasty. Serve them up in your favorite bun with your fave condiments.
Provided by crazycookinmama
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Cut the meatloaf into 1 inch thick slices, once thawed.
- Beat the egg and barbecue sauce together.
- Crush the Cheez-Its in a plastic bag with your rolling pin.
- Dip each slice of meatloaf into the egg and barbecue mixture and then into the cheez-Its.
- Fry them in a hot skillet with the vegetable oil.
- Cook on each side, approximately 3 minutes, until browned on each side, and hot all the way through.
- Top with swiss cheese. And throw em on a bun, and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 199.1, Fat 16.2, SaturatedFat 6.3, Cholesterol 78.7, Sodium 203.6, Carbohydrate 3.9, Fiber 0.2, Sugar 1.1, Protein 9.4
More about "meat loaf burgers recipes"
JUICY MEATLOAF BURGERS RECIPE - LANA’S COOKING
4.7/5 (3)Total Time 30 minsCategory Main DishesCalories 498 per serving
- Place all ingredients (except topping) in a large mixing bowl. Mix together being careful not to compact the mixture too much.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Form the meat mixture into four patties and place them 2-3 inches apart on the baking sheet. Combine catsup and mustard for topping. Divide evenly among the four patties.
BAKED MEATLOAF BURGERS - 101 COOKING FOR TWO
MEATLOAF HAMBURGER PATTIES - HOUSE OF NASH EATS
MEATLOAF BURGERS RECIPE - FAITHFULLY FREE
MEATLOAF BURGERS | COOK'S COUNTRY RECIPE
MEATLOAF BURGERS - NOSHING WITH THE NOLANDS
BBQ MEATLOAF BURGER WITH HOMEMADE BBQ SAUCE
MEATLOAF BURGERS | SARA MOULTON
MEAT LOAF BURGERS | GAPS DIET JOURNEY
GRILLED MEATLOAF BURGERS - PLAIN CHICKEN
SOUTHWESTERN MEATLOAF BURGERS RECIPE - DELISH
MEATLOAF BURGERS WITH QUICK KETCHUP RECIPE - DELISH
MEATLOAF BURGERS | RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY SHOW
JUICIEST MEATLOAF BURGERS RECIPE - GLUTEN-FREE LIVING
MEATLOAF BURGERS RECIPE | HELLOFRESH
TURKEY MEAT LOAF BURGERS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
MARK'S MEAT LOAF BURGER
CHEESEBURGER MEATLOAF - INSANELY GOOD RECIPES
MOUTHWATERING MEATLOAF BURGERS - REAL MOM KITCHEN - AIR FRYER
MEAT LOAF BURGERS WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
WINTER MEATLOAF BURGER | RICARDO
MEAT LOAF BURGERS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - TASTE OF HOME
MEATLOAF BURGER RECIPE - THE BEST EVER - YOUTUBE
GRILLED MEATLOAF BURGERS - BEST RECIPE
GRILLED MEATLOAF BURGERS RECIPE - PITCHFORK FOODIE FARMS
BAKED MEATLOAF BURGERS - KITCHEN DIVAS
COMFORT MEATLOAF BURGERS RECIPE | GRILLSEEKER MEATLOAF BURGER
MEATLOAF BURGER STEAKS WITH TOMATO GRAVY RECIPE - COOKING LIGHT
GROUND RECIPES HAMBURGER
DOUBLE-DUTY MEATLOAF & BURGERS | CANADIAN GOODNESS
GLAZED MEAT LOAF BURGERS | THE ENGLISH KITCHEN
GRILLED MEATLOAF BURGERS | AMERICA'S TEST KITCHEN RECIPE
MEATLOAF BURGERS - SOUTHERN PLATE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make meatloaf burgers at home?Meatloaf burgers are the home-cooked comfort food of summer. In a large bowl combine ground beef, eggs, parsley, saltine crackers, onion, pepper, salt and garlic powder. Use about 1/4 pound of beef and roll it into a large ball. Put a patty paper on the bottom of the hamburger press, then place the ball of meat on the center of the paper.
How long does it take to cook a meatloaf hamburger patties?While a classic meatloaf is baked in a loaf pan in the oven, these meatloaf hamburger patties are pan-fried in about 10 minutes, which is a lot less time than it takes to cook a meatloaf.
What is the recipe for a low fat Burger?Mix 2 pounds lower fat burger, 1 cup bread crumbs, ½ cup milk, ½ cup ketchup, one tablespoon seasoning salt, ½ teaspoon pepper, two eggs, and one medium or ½ large diced onion. Divide into six portions and form into 4-inch burgers.
What is the best way to cook meatloaf on the grill?If grilling, preheat grill (on high if you have that option). Scrape grill grates clean to minimize sticking. In a large bowl combine all the meatloaf ingredients (beef, bread crumbs, egg, parsley, onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, mustard powder, salt, pepper, ketchup or tomato sauce, and milk).