EASY MEATBALL STROGANOFF
This recipe has fed not only my own family, but many neighborhood kids! They come running when I make this supper. It's one of those things you throw together after work on a busy day because you know it works. -Julie May, Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions for al dente; drain., Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown meatballs; remove from pan. Add broth, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Add seasonings. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup, 5-7 minutes., Add meatballs, noodles and cream. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until slightly thickened, 3-5 minutes. Stir in sour cream; heat through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 717 calories, Fat 57g fat (30g saturated fat), Cholesterol 172mg cholesterol, Sodium 1291mg sodium, Carbohydrate 31g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 20g protein.
This is one of my most loved, old recipes from my mother. I like to serve it over egg noodles. -Nancy Carnes, Clearwater, Minnesota
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls., Place flour in a large shallow bowl; gently roll meatballs in flour. In a large skillet, brown meatballs in oil. Drain; return to the pan. Combine soup and water; pour over meatballs. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, stirring occasionally., Stir in sour cream; heat through (do not boil). Serve with noodles.,
Nutrition Facts :
A simple to make - great midweek night recipe - and one that can be frozen for even busier weeknights! Adapted from a scrumptious recipe I found in the June 2006 issue of the Australian magazine 'super food ideas'.
Provided by bluemoon downunder
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Roll tablespoons of mince into balls; sprinkle flour onto a plate and season with salt and pepper; roll meatballs in flour to coat, shaking off excess.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large, non-stick pan over a medium-high heat and cook the meatballs in batches, turning frequently until browned, then transfer them to a plate.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the pan and heat it over a medium heat; add the onion and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until the onion has softened; add the garlic, paprika and mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender.
- Combine the tomato paste, mustard, wine and stock in a jug and then stir it into the mushroom mixture; return the meatballs to the pan and simmer the contents of the pan, uncovered, for 5 minutes, or until the meatballs are cooked through.
- Stir in the sour cream and parsley; season with salt and pepper; and spoon the meatball strogonoff over the pasta.
- Serve with warm crispy rolls and a salad.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 587, Fat 42.1, SaturatedFat 16.3, Cholesterol 141.4, Sodium 345.4, Carbohydrate 11.8, Fiber 2, Sugar 4.6, Protein 36.5
BEEF STROGANOFF SAUCE WITH MEATBALLS
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat a baking sheet with oil.
- Combine ground sirloin, Worcestershire sauce, egg, bread crumbs, onion, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Mix well. Divide into golf ball-sized meatballs. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until meatballs are no longer pink in the center, about 15 minutes.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until soft, about 10 minutes. Push mushrooms to the side of the pan.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in the skillet; whisk in flour. Add broth and mustard; bring to a boil. Add meatballs and cook until some sauce is absorbed, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat. Add sour cream and stir to combine.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 436 calories, Carbohydrate 17.6 g, Cholesterol 145.7 mg, Fat 29 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 27.2 g, SaturatedFat 14.6 g, Sodium 630.3 mg, Sugar 4.2 g
Stroganoff actually has a French connection going back to the 19th century. Aristocratic Russians of the time had commercial and cultural ties with France, and many upper-class Russians employed French cooks, who were always looking for ways to give French dishes a Russian twist. One of the most prominent families of the time was the Stroganoffs, who spent much time in Paris and had developed a love for French cuisine. Beef stroganoff is believed to have been created when the family chef added some sour cream, a Russian staple, to what was essentially a beef dish in a classic French mustard sauce. Here, Mr. Franey substitutes meatballs for the steak. The results are slightly lighter than the classic dish but full of flavor.
Provided by Pierre Franey
Categories dinner, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Place the meat in a mixing bowl, and add the egg. In a smaller bowl, mix the bread crumbs, 1/4 cup of yogurt and grated onion. Add this to the meat mixture. Add salt, pepper and nutmeg. Mix well with your hands, but do not overmix.
- Shape the mixture into balls about 1 1/3 inches in diameter. There should be about 32 meatballs.
- Sprinkle a pan with paprika and roll the meatballs, turning gently to coat well.
- Heat the butter in a large nonstick skillet and cook the meatballs, turning gently and shaking the pan until they are nicely browned. Scatter the mushrooms, chopped onions and garlic around the meatballs. Shake the skillet to distribute the ingredients evenly. Cover and simmer for about 5 minutes. Shake the skillet a few times.
- In a small bowl, mix the sherry and tomato paste. Blend well. Add to the skillet, cover and simmer for 10 minutes, shaking often.
- Stir in the remaining yogurt and bring to just a simmer. Do not overboil. Check the seasoning, sprinkle with parsley and serve piping hot with buttered fine noodles.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 419, UnsaturatedFat 7 grams, Carbohydrate 17 grams, Fat 22 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 36 grams, SaturatedFat 11 grams, Sodium 722 milligrams, Sugar 6 grams, TransFat 0 grams
This is an easy, delicious recipe for weeknight meals. Use one batch of recipe #371193, frozen meatballs from the supermarket or substitute your own meatball recipe. Serve with egg noodles or mashed potatoes.
Provided by Irmgard
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Cook the onion, mushrooms and thyme, stirring occasionally, until tender and the liquid is evaporated, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in the beef broth and mustard and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream, 1 tablespoon water and the cornstarch.
- Whisk into the sauce.
- Add the meatballs and simmer until the sauce is thickened, about 2 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 100.2, Fat 7.6, SaturatedFat 2.7, Cholesterol 10, Sodium 173.5, Carbohydrate 6.5, Fiber 1.3, Sugar 2.9, Protein 2.9
QUICK MEATBALL STROGANOFF
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add noodles and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until onion is almost soft, about 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and pour in cream of mushroom soup, milk, and Worcestershire sauce; stir until blended.
- Stir meatballs into the skillet. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, until tender, 35 to 40 minutes. Stir in sour cream, salt, and pepper. Cook until flavors combine, about 2 minutes.
- Serve meatballs over noodles.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 656.4 calories, Carbohydrate 60.5 g, Cholesterol 108.6 mg, Fat 31.5 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 29.7 g, SaturatedFat 12.4 g, Sodium 768.8 mg, Sugar 4.3 g
- Season the beef and shape into walnut-sized meatballs. Heat the oil in a pan and cook the meatballs until brown on all sides. Scoop out of the pan and set aside. Add the onion to the pan and cook for a few mins to soften. Add the garlic and mushrooms, and fry for a few mins until the mushrooms soften and start to brown a little. Stir in the tomato purée, paprika and flour for 1 min, then add the stock, bit by bit, to make a smooth sauce. Return the meatballs to the pan, cover and simmer gently for 15 mins or until the meatballs are cooked through.
- Stir in the soured cream and most of the parsley, and season to taste. Serve scattered with the remaining parsley, with rice, mashed potato or tagliatelle.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 425 calories, Fat 29 grams fat, SaturatedFat 14 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 10 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 4 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 30 grams protein, Sodium 1 milligram of sodium
More about "meatball stroganoff recipes"
HOW TO MAKE EASY MEATBALL STROGANOFF FROM SCRATCH
5/5 (4)Total Time 45 minsCategory Dinner, Entree, Main MealCalories 626 per serving
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Prepare a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil (optional for easy clean up) and set aside.
- Next, bring a pot of liberally salted water to a boil and cook noodles according to the package directions, omitting. When finished, drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, while the water heats, prepare the meatball mix by combining panko and milk in the bottom of a large mixing bowl. Allow mixture to soak for two minutes before adding the ground beef, fresh chopped parsley, salt, pepper, garlic powder, nutmeg, beaten egg, and onions into the bowl. Gently combine the ingredients with your fingertips being careful not to compact the meat, which makes for dense meatballs. Shape beef mixture into 16 (1 ounce) meatballs; about 1 1/2 to 2-inches round.
- Bake the meatballs in the oven on a prepared baking sheet for 12 to 15 minutes; or until cooked through.
MEATBALL STROGANOFF FETTUCCINE - BAREFEET IN THE KITCHEN
GRANDMA'S MEATBALL STROGANOFF RECIPE - RECIPETIPS.COM
CLASSIC STROGANOFF MEATBALLS RECIPE - WHAT'S FOR DINNER
EASY MEATBALL STROGANOFF - FAVORITE FAMILY RECIPES
ONE PAN MEATBALL STROGANOFF - CHEF SAVVY
MEATBALL STROGANOFF (30 MINUTES!) - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
ONE-POT MEATBALL STROGANOFF FOR TWO RECIPE
RACHAEL'S MEATBALL STROGANOFF | RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY SHOW
MEATBALL STROGANOFF PASTA CASSEROLE RECIPE
MEATBALL STROGANOFF | CANADIAN LIVING
MEATBALL STROGANOFF WITH CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP …
WEEKNIGHT MEATBALL STROGANOFF - SUGAR SALT MAGIC
QUICK AND EASY MEATBALL STROGANOFF RECIPE WITH SOUR CREAM
MOM'S MEATBALL STROGANOFF | SARA MOULTON
THE BEST MEATBALL STROGANOFF - VJ COOKS
30 MINUTE MEATBALL STROGANOFF - RESTLESS CHIPOTLE
HEALTHY MEATBALL STROGANOFF - CHOCOLATE SLOPES®
MEATBALL STROGANOFF - GIRL GONE GOURMET
MEATBALL STROGANOFF - ALL THINGS MAMMA
MEATBALL STROGANOFF RECIPE | MYRECIPES
QUICK MEATBALL STROGANOFF - ROSINA FOODS - PASTA RECIPES
EASY MEATBALL STROGANOFF - CANADIAN COOKING ADVENTURES
SLOW COOKER MEATBALL STROGANOFF - THE SEASONED MOM
EASY MEATBALL STROGANOFF RECIPE RECIPE • MIDGETMOMMA
EASY MEATBALL STROGANOFF - ONE-PAN CAMPING RECIPE GIRL CARNIVORE
EASY MEATBALL STROGANOFF - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
CROCK POT TURKEY MEATBALL STROGANOFF | ALLRECIPES
CROCK POT MEATBALL STROGANOFF - RECIPES THAT CROCK!
EASY ONE POT MEATBALL STROGANOFF RECIPE (20 MIN MEAL)
MEATBALL STROGANOFF BAKE — LET'S DISH RECIPES
CROCK POT MEATBALL STROGANOFF - THE COUNTRY COOK
EASY MEATBALL STROGANOFF RECIPE—HOW TO MAKE BEEF STROGANOFF
MEATBALL STROGANOFF RECIPE FOR MEATBALLS IN A MUSHROOM GRAVY
TURKEY MEATBALL STROGANOFF (INSTANT POT, SLOW COOKER OR STOVE)
MEATBALL STROGANOFF RECIPE | MYRECIPES
MEATBALL STROGANOFF | WITH A BLAST
RECIPES - ONE-POT MEATBALL STROGANOFF | GOODCOOK
MEATBALL STROGANOFF ~ MADE FROM SCRATCH! - AMYCASEYCOOKS
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #south-west-pacific #main-dish #beef #pasta #vegetables #easy #beginner-cook #potluck #kid-friendly #stove-top #dietary #low-sodium #comfort-food #low-carb #inexpensive #egg-free #mushrooms #ground-beef #free-of-something #toddler-friendly #low-in-something #meat #pasta-rice-and-grains #taste-mood #savory #to-go #equipment #presentation #served-hot
You'll also love