MEATBALLS IN CHIPOTLE SAUCE
- In a medium bowl, combine pork, onion, zucchini, egg, breadcrumbs, oregano, cumin, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; mix well with a fork. Form into 16 (2-inch) balls; transfer to a plate, and place in freezer until firm, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine tomatoes and chiles in a blender; process until smooth, and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large, straight-sided skillet over medium-high heat. Add half the meatballs; cook until brown, turning often, 4 to 5 minutes; transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining oil and meatballs.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add pureed sauce and return all meatballs to skillet. Cover; simmer, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes. Uncover, and simmer until sauce is thickened, 5 to 10 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper. Serve over rice, sprinkled with cilantro, as desired.
MEATBALLS IN CHIPOTLE SAUCE
Perfectly seasoned meatballs are sautéed and then simmered in a scrumptious sauce made with tomato, chipotle & olive oil soup and water. These meatballs are so good you will definitely file this recipe under 'favorites'! Give them a try--your family will be glad you did!
Provided by Campbell's Kitchen
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Stir the masa harina and hot water in a large bowl. Add the beef, pork, onion, garlic, oregano, salt and black pepper and mix thoroughly. Shape the beef mixture firmly into 16 (1 1/2-inch) meatballs.
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the meatballs and cook for 10 minutes or until well browned and cooked through. Remove the meatballs from the skillet.
- Stir the soup and water in the skillet and heat to a boil. Return the meatballs to the skillet and stir to coat. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook for 5 minutes or until the meatballs are hot, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 392.6 calories, Carbohydrate 23.4 g, Cholesterol 72 mg, Fat 23.3 g, Fiber 1.9 g, Protein 22 g, SaturatedFat 6.3 g, Sodium 894.6 mg, Sugar 1.3 g
CHIPOTLE SAUCE MEATBALLS
Chipotle Sauce Meatballs, This is one of the most popular and favorite ways of eating meatballs in Mexico. The mild spiciness and smoky taste of the Chipotle peppers are the key ingredients of this dish. It's hard for my mouth to not start watering just by looking at the picture above.
Provided by Mely Martínez
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Place the slice of bread and milk in a large bowl. Mash bread until smooth and add ground meat. egg, salt, garlic, and pepper. Knead the mixture with your hands until it is well combined.
- Form 1 1/2-inch meatballs, rolling a small portion of your hands. You should have 16 meatballs. Wet your hands with cold water before forming the meatballs to avoid the meat from sticking to your hands.
- Many cooks in Mexico like to stuff the meatballs with a small piece of boiled egg or cheese. Others even add a small piece of a Serrano pepper. To do this, press the small piece of egg or cold cheese into the meatball and seal by rolling the meatball again between your hands.
- Place tomatoes and Chipotle Peppers in your blender and process until you have a very smooth sauce. The amount given renders 2 1/2 cups of sauce.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook onion until transparent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, stir, and keep cooking for 3 more minutes.
- Stir in tomato sauce and simmer for 5 minutes. Add chicken broth or water if needed. Transfer meatballs to saucepan, cover, and cook for 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove lid and keep simmering for 10 more minutes. If your sauce is too watery, remove the already cooked meatballs and place them in a warm oven, covered with aluminum foil, while you keep simmering the sauce until the desired thickness is achieved.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 266 kcal, Carbohydrate 6 g, Protein 15 g, Fat 19 g, SaturatedFat 9 g, Cholesterol 81 mg, Sodium 223 mg, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 2 g, ServingSize 1 serving
TURKEY MEATBALLS WITH CHIPOTLE CREAM SAUCE
- Heat the meatballs according to the package instructions.
- Meanwhile, combine the sour cream, milk, mayonnaise, garlic powder and chipotle in a blender and blend until combined. Add salt and pepper to taste and blend again.
- In a small saucepan, heat the butter over low heat until melted. Add the chipotle mixture and mix with a wooden spoon until combined. Heat until warm, then serve with the meatballs and garnish with the grated Parmesan and cilantro.
- Stir together milk and bread crumbs in a large bowl.
- Cook bacon in a 10-inch heavy skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp. Transfer with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain.
- Pour off all but 1 tablespoon fat from skillet, then cook onion, garlic, chipotles, cumin, and oregano in skillet, stirring, until onion is softened, about 3 minutes. Add water and cook, stirring and scraping up brown bits, until water has evaporated, about 1 minute. Stir into bread crumb mixture, then add ground meats, egg, parsley, bacon, and 1 teaspoon salt and mix well with your hands.
- Preheat broiler.
- Form scant tablespoons of meat mixture into balls and thread 3 balls 1/2 inch apart onto each skewer, arranging skewers on a lightly oiled broiler pan. Broil 3 to 4 inches from heat (do not turn) until browned and cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes.
MEATBALLS IN CHIPOTLE SAUCE RECIPE - (4.3/5)
Provided by HeatherS
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In a large bowl, combine masa harina and the hot water. Add ground pork, ground beef, onion, garlic, oregano, salt, cumin, black pepper, and allspice. Mix thoroughly to combine. With wet hands, form the mixture into 1 1/2-inch meatballs. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add meatballs; cook until evenly browned and cooked through, stirring frequently. Remove meatballs from skillet. For sauce, in the skillet, combine broth, tomato sauce, tomato paste, and chile pepper. Bring mixture to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 to 15 minutes or until mixture is slightly thickened and reaches desired consistency. Add meatballs to sauce; heat through. Transfer meatballs with sauce to a shallow serving dish.
MEXICAN MEATBALLS IN CHIPOTLE CHILI SAUCE
for Mexican food lovers. Preparing this one day ahead brings out more the flavors. From Chicago Cooks' Mary Wilkinson.
Provided by Pneuma
Yield 60 meatballs, 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 20
- For the meatballs, combine all meatball ingredients in a large bowl, mix with hands. Refrigerate and cover for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile for the sauce, if using fresh tomatoes, place on a cooking sheet and broil, turning once or twice until the skins bister and blacken, about 10 minutes. Peel the skin off tomatoes and place the peeled (or canned tomatoes) in to a blender or food processor.
- Put the garlic and onion into a hot, dry skillet and cook, turning occasionally, over medium heat, until the garlic is lightly browned and the onion is lightly scorched,.
- Add to the blender along with 1/2 cup broth, chipotles to taste (start with 1), cinnamon, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth, Taste, and add more chipotles if desired.
- Heat oil in a large , heavy and deep skillet over medium heat until quite hot but not smoking. Add the tomato mixture and "fry" until it thikckens (it will splatter), about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the remaning 2 cups broth and heat to a boil. Stir in mint. Taste again, adjust salt and pepper, and add some adobo from the canned chilies if not spicy enough.
- Shape the meat mixture into meatballs (about 1 inch diameter), the mixture should make 60 meatballs. Add the meatballs to the sauce, Shake the pan once or twice in the first 5 minutes of cooking to prevent sticking. Simmer slowly until the meatballs are done, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Mix beef, bread crumbs, dried onion, cilantro, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl.
- Finely chop chipotle peppers and add peppers, adobo sauce, and egg to meat mixture. Mix well. Roll into 1 1/2-inch meatballs.
- Heat a skillet over high heat. Brown meatballs in the hot skillet, turning as needed, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the centers, 8 to 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 175.4 calories, Carbohydrate 6.2 g, Cholesterol 59.7 mg, Fat 10 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 14 g, SaturatedFat 3.7 g, Sodium 324.9 mg, Sugar 1.2 g
MEATBALLS WITH SPICY CHIPOTLE TOMATO SAUCE
- In a small bowl, mix together the pork, breadcrumbs, egg, finely chopped onions and the chopped coriander leaves. Season, mix well and shape into small meatballs. Over a medium heat, add 1 tbsp of the oil to a large frying pan and brown the meatballs on all sides, then remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil, sliced onion, garlic, coriander stems and some salt. Cook for 5 mins, then add the passata and chipotle paste. Pour in 100ml water and stir well, then simmer for 10 mins before adding the meatballs and cooking for a further 5 mins. Serve with potatoes or rice and scatter with the extra coriander leaves.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 406 calories, Fat 20 grams fat, SaturatedFat 6 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 26 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 10 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 31 grams protein, Sodium 1.5 milligram of sodium
MEATBALLS IN CHIPOTLE SAUCE(ALBONDIGAS ENCHIPOTLADAS)
Very spicy meatballs.Paired with rice and a salad they make a very satisfying meal.You can use beef,lamb,pork or any combination.Veal makes exceptionally soft meatballs that are delicious but a little hard to work with because they fall apart so easily.The onion does need to be ve ry ,very fine or the meatballs may fall apart as well.
Provided by strangelittlebeast
Yield 1 pound, 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Heat a small skillet over medium-low heat.Add cumin seeds and toast,stirring constantly until they begin to pop and remove immediately from heat.Grind cumin seeds to a fine powder in a spice grinder,set aside.
- Peel all garlic cloves and the onion.Mince 5 of the cloves of garlic and leave 4 whole.Grate the onion very finely or you may mince it,but it must be very very fine or the meatballs will not hold together well.
- Mix together meat,1 teaspoon of the cumin,the minced garlic,the onion and the rice;form into meatballs using about 2 tablespoons for each meatball;set aside.
- Now roast the tomatoes.There are several ways to do this:you may roast them in an iron skillet over medium high heat until charred in places on both sides or you may put then under a hot broiler about 15 minutes,turning halfway through until charred and softened.Tomatoes could also be roasted directly over a flame if you have the means to do this.
- In a blender combine tomatoes,1 teaspoon cumin,1 cup broth, and all remaining ingredients for the sauce.Blend to a smooth sauce.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy skillet or dutch oven over medium heat until a drop of sauce sizzles in the oil.Add all of the sauce at once and stir for about 5 minutes.Sauce should be simmering.
- Carefully drop in about 1/3 of the meatballs and reduce heat to medium.cook for about 6 minutes,stirring the sauce occasionally without disturbing the meatballs.Carefully turn all the meatballs and cook another 4-6 minutes until they are cooked through.Remove to a covered dish.
- Add 1/2 cup broth to the pot,mix well.When sauce returns to a simmer cook a second batch of meatballs in the same manner.
- Repeat for last batch of meatballs.Add all meatballs back to the pot and warm through.Serve over rice,if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 284.7, Fat 21.1, SaturatedFat 5.9, Cholesterol 51.4, Sodium 304.4, Carbohydrate 6.6, Fiber 1.3, Sugar 2.1, Protein 16.9
MEATBALLS WITH CHIPOTLE DIPPING SAUCE
Appetizer meatballs made with minced jalapeño peppers deliver another level of heat when you tuck into the chipotle dipping sauce.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 20 servings, 1 meatball and about 1 Tbsp. sauce each
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Mix meat, cilantro, bread crumbs, jalapeño peppers, egg and 2/3 of the garlic; shape into 20 meatballs, each about 1 inch in diameter.
- Place on rimmed baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake 20 min. or until done (160ºF). Meanwhile, process mayo, chipotle pepper and remaining garlic in blender until smooth.
- Serve meatballs with sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 120, Fat 10 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Sodium 85 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 0 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 5 g
More about "meatballs in chipotle sauce recipes"
MEATBALLS IN CHIPOTLE SAUCE RECIPE | GOOD FOOD
- To make the sauce, place the tomatoes, chillies plus 1 tsp of their sauce, garlic, cumin, oregano and salt in a blender.
- To make the meatballs, place the beef, pork, cumin, garlic, 1 tsp salt and a grind of pepper in a bowl.
MEATBALLS IN CHIPOTLE SAUCE - PATI JINICH
4.7/5 (6)Category Main CourseCuisine MexicanTotal Time 1 hr
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground meat with the eggs, minced garlic, breadcrumbs, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper. Mix thoroughly with your hands or a spatula.
- Place tomatoes in a saucepan and cover with water; simmer over medium-high heat for 8 to 10 minutes, until cooked through and mushy.
- In a blender, add the cooked tomatoes along with 1/4 cup of their cooking liquid, 2 garlic cloves, white onion, the sauce from the chipotle chiles in adobo and, if desired, one whole seeded chipotle chile. Purée until smooth.
- Pour the oil into a large soup pot and place over medium-high heat. Once hot, pour in the puréed tomato mix. It will sizzle and jump, that is ok! Let it simmer, with the lid ajar, anywhere from 6 to 8 minutes, or until it has changed its color to a deeper red, thickened in consistency and lost its raw flavor. Add the chicken broth and salt to taste and reduce heat to medium low.
EASY CHIPOTLE HONEY MEATBALLS | THE RECIPE CRITIC
VIDEO: MEATBALLS IN CHIPOTLE SAUCE | MARTHA STEWART
MEATBALLS IN TOMATO AND CHIPOTLE SAUCE - SANTA FE FARMERS' …
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
SPICY MEATBALLS IN CHIPOTLE-LIME SAUCE - RECIPE - CHILI …
EASY CHIPOTLE MEATBALLS RECIPE | HOW TO MAKE THE BEST …
MEATBALLS IN CHIPOTLE SAUCE RECIPE | PBS FOOD
MEATBALLS IN CHIPOTLE SAUCE | RESCOOKING.COM
PORCUPINE MEATBALLS IN CHIPOTLE SAUCE • THE WICKED NOODLE
HOMEMADE MEATBALLS WITH CHIPOTLE SAUCE - BOULDER LOCAVORE®
TOFU MEATBALLS IN CHIPOTLE SAUCE « DORA'S TABLE
RECIPE: MEATBALLS IN CHIPOTLE SAUCE (ALBONDIGAS AL CHIPOTLE)
COSTCO MEATBALLS COOKING INSTRUCTIONS (COPYCAT RECIPE)
CHIPOTLE-BARBECUE MEATBALLS RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
BEST MEXICAN BEEF MEATBALLS WITH CHIPOTLE SAUCE RECIPE - HOW TO …
MEATBALLS IN A SPICY CHIPOTLE SAUCE BY WHAT DAD COOKED
NEIL PERRY'S MEATBALLS IN CHIPOTLE SAUCE RECIPE | SHESAID
MEATBALLS IN CHIPOTLE SAUCE RECIPE
MEATBALLS IN CHIPOTLE SAUCE RECIPE - DELISH
MEATBALLS IN TOMATO AND CHIPOTLE SAUCE RECIPE - LOS ANGELES TIMES
SLOW COOKED MEATBALLS IN CHIPOTLE SAUCE | THE FOODIE AFFAIR
RASPBERRY CHIPOTLE MEATBALLS (SLOW COOKER) - GIRL GONE GOURMET
MEATBALLS IN CHIPOTLE SAUCE (ALBONDIGAS ENCHIPOTLADAS)
MEXICAN CHIPOTLE MEATBALLS (ALBONDIGAS AL CHIPOTLE ... - SLENDER …
SPICY MEATBALLS WITH CHIPOTLE SAUCE - GROUND BEEF RECIPES
CHIPOTLE MEXICAN MEATBALLS - TASTES SO FINE
MEATBALLS IN CHIPOTLE SAUCE (ALBóNDIGAS EN SALSA DE CHIPOTLE)
APRICOT MEATBALL SAUCE - THERESCIPES.INFO
CROCKPOT MEXICAN MEATBALLS IN CHIPOTLE SAUCE - HOSTESS AT HEART
RECIPE: MEATBALLS IN CHIPOTLE SAUCE - RECIPELINK.COM
MEXICAN MEATBALLS | RECIPETIN EATS
ISABEL EATS - EASY MEXICAN RECIPES
MEATBALLS IN CHIPOTLE SAUCE - SAVORY TOOTH
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #main-dish #beef #easy #ground-beef #meat #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to cook meatballs in sauce?While the meatballs are baking combine the diced tomatoes, minced garlic, adobo sauce, salt, and coriander in a large skillet. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, for 10 – 15 minutes to combine the flavors and sauce is warm.
How to make Taco meatballs in the oven?Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. In a large bowl combine ground beef, diced chipotle, adobo sauce, taco seasoning, and breadcrumbs. Mix well and form into golf ball sized meatballs.
What goes well with Chipotle meatballs?These Easy Chipotle Meatballs are a little spicy, a little smoky and make dinner way more interesting! Top off your favorite family dinner with these delicious and hearty meatballs or enjoy them on their own! These meatballs go great with my Homemade Egg Noodles recipe! Try them together!
How long to cook meatballs in the oven?Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. In a large bowl combine ground beef, diced chipotle, adobo sauce, taco seasoning, and breadcrumbs. Mix well and form into golf ball sized meatballs. Place meatballs onto the prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes.