TRADITIONAL HOLIDAY STUFFING
Sausage and sage add a gourmet taste to this stuffing. It's perfect for large family gatherings, but you can also save some for later. -Lorraine Brauckhoff, Zolfo Springs, Florida
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 24 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large nonstick skillet cook, sausage, celery and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink, breaking up sausage into crumbles; drain. Remove from heat; stir in mayonnaise, mustard, sage and poultry seasoning., Place bread cubes in a large bowl; add sausage mixture and toss. In a small bowl, whisk eggs and broth; pour over bread cubes and stir gently to combine. Transfer to two 3-qt. baking dishes coated with cooking spray., Bake, covered, 30 minutes. Uncover and bake until lightly browned and a thermometer reads 165°, 12-18 minutes longer. If desired, top with chopped parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 202 calories, Fat 6g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 37mg cholesterol, Sodium 572mg sodium, Carbohydrate 28g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
HOLIDAY THANKSGIVING STUFFING
This nicely seasoned stuffing is our favorite for holiday turkeys. The classic recipe tastes good whether stuffed in the bird or baked separately, and it's versatile, too-you can add other ingredients to vary the flavor.
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 9 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large skillet, saute onions and celery in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. , Transfer to a large bowl; add the broth, parsley, sage, salt, poultry seasoning and pepper. Gently stir in bread cubes until mixed., Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish (dish will be full). Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 164 calories, Fat 7g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 15mg cholesterol, Sodium 775mg sodium, Carbohydrate 23g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
HOLIDAY OYSTER STUFFING
This is my grandmother's oyster stuffing recipe that has been handed down. It is a favorite for Thanksgiving and Christmas and very simple to make. If you cook your turkey at 325 degrees F, it will be perfect if the stuffing is cooked alongside it at that temp as well. It can also be baked in a muffin tin for individual servings.
Provided by Nancy
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x9-inch baking dish.
- Bring the turkey broth to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat, and melt the margarine in the broth. Stir in the stuffing mix until thoroughly combined. Transfer the stuffing to a large bowl. Stir in pork sausage, ground beef, onion, and egg until the mixture is well combined, and lightly mix in the oysters, turkey giblets, poultry seasoning, salt, and black pepper. Transfer the oyster stuffing to the prepared baking dish, and cover dish with foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the sausage and ground beef are cooked through and the stuffing is crisp and lightly browned, about 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 390.5 calories, Carbohydrate 17.1 g, Cholesterol 171.4 mg, Fat 23.2 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 26.9 g, SaturatedFat 7.2 g, Sodium 1058.8 mg, Sugar 1.1 g
MY FAMILY'S MEAT STUFFING FOR A TURKEY
This is a meat stuffing my family has used all my life and before. This was given to my mother by her mother, and I imagine, her mother. Our whole family used this recipe. My daughter makes this stuffing as well, and now my granddaughters have the recipe so they will eventually use it. It is a very tasty stuffing so we make "tons" of it to freeze or use over the holidays. It's good on toast with gravy as a hot open sandwich. Or with turkey slices and gravy as a leftovers meal. You can make it a day or so ahead, but you must bring it to room temp if you are going to stuff your bird with it. ETA: I have always made the stuffing and put it into the turkey HOT. That way there is no problems with the turkey being overdone to make sure the stuffing is heated through. IN RESPONSE THE THE REVIEW DATED NOV 20 2007 ---- I appreciate your FYI, however, I have been making my turkey just this way for over 40 years, and have yet to lose a family member or friend. I have eaten it this way from "birth" since this recipe and method has been used by my mother and my grandmother before her.
Provided by Nana Lee
Yield 10-12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- First, have a very large bowl or pot close to stove top so you can put ingredients in as they are cooked.
- Second, you need a good sized fry pan, preferabley with deep, straight sides.
- Third, a good pair of tongs and spoonula.
- Fourth, are the ingredients. These are estimations, I don't really measure.
- Fifth, you might want to do the prep ahead so as to be able to cook and stuff all at once. Or not!
- *you could use just ground pork but the sausage gives a better taste.
- Heat fry pan and oil lightly with a pat of butter.
- Fry 1/2 the beef and 1/2 the sausage together. Make sure to break it all up and mix it well until all is cooked. Dump it all into the pot/bowl you have waiting. Juices and all.
- Do the same to the rest of the beef and sausage. Mix thoroughly.
- Melt 1/4 cup (4 Tbs) butter in fry pan and saute the celery until almost cooked. Dump it all into the pot/bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Melt 1/4 cup (4 Tbs) butter in fry pan and saute the onion until wilted, but not brown. Dump all into the pot/bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Add seasonings at this point. Use the amount that is to your liking. Mix very well.
- If it seems too dry at this point, melt more butter in the fry pan and add to the mix.
- Finally, add the 1 box of croutons and mix several times over the next 15-20 minutes.
- There should be little or no liquid in the bottom of the pot/bowl after this time. The croutons should have absorbed it. If not, add more croutons and repeat.
- Now you can either put the stuffing in a casserole dish, roaster or other baking pan , and cook separately from the turkey.
- I stuff my turkey, both neck and cavity immediately, while the stuffing is hot, and put it into the oven to roast. The extra stuffing goes in a separate pan to cook along side the turkey.
- If you use a spearate casserole to do cook the stuffing, you may want to use some pan drippings to mix into the casserole and give it more flavor.
- With this we serve mashed potatoes, peas, my special turnip/carrot mash, cranberry sauce, and Polish rye or sisal bread. Of course, the gravy, too!
More about "meaty holiday stuffing recipes"
GET STUFFED! 10 HOLIDAY STUFFING RECIPES TO TRY
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
10 BEST GROUND MEAT STUFFING RECIPES | YUMMLY
SAVORY STUFFING RECIPE FOR THE HOLIDAYS - JETT'S KITCHEN
VENISON STUFFING FOR EVERY HOLIDAY YOU CAN THINK OF
THANKSGIVING STUFFING RECIPE - BAKING A MOMENT
ORIGINAL HOLIDAY STUFFING - JOHNSONVILLE.COM
20 STOVE TOP STUFFING RECIPES WE LOVE - INSANELY GOOD
VEGETARIAN HOLIDAY STUFFING OR DRESSING - LIFE CURRENTS
31 TOP THANKSGIVING STUFFING RECIPES - FOOD.COM
GREEK-STYLE HOLIDAY STUFFING/DRESSING - DIMITRAS DISHES
MUST-HAVE THANKSGIVING STUFFING RECIPES | MYRECIPES
THANKSGIVING STUFFING AND DRESSING RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
84 BEST STUFFING AND DRESSING RECIPES FOR THANKSGIVING …
OUR 7 BEST STUFFING RECIPES FOR THE HOLIDAYS | CHATELAINE
Estimated Reading Time 50 secs
STUFFING RECIPE WITH MEAT : TOP PICKED FROM OUR EXPERTS
25 LEFTOVER STUFFING RECIPES YOU’LL ADORE - INSANELY GOOD
THE BEST TURKEY STUFFING RECIPE - EASY TO MAKE! - FARMHOUSE …
FANCY HOLIDAY STUFFING | MIDWEST LIVING
HOMEMADE STUFFING RECIPE - CLASSIC HOLIDAY DISH! - BUTTER
MEATY HOLIDAY STUFFING YOU HAVE TO TRY
HOLIDAY STUFFING - CUT COOKING
MEATY HOLIDAY STUFFING RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
THANKSGIVING STUFFING RECIPES | MARTHA STEWART
TASTY RECIPES: MEATY HOLIDAY STUFFING
ULTIMATE CHRISTMAS STUFFING RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK CANADA
MEAT STUFFING RECIPES : TOP PICKED FROM OUR EXPERTS - RECIPESCHOICE
16 BEST STUFFING RECIPES - STUFFING RECIPES FOR THANKSGIVING | KITCHN
TRADITIONAL HOLIDAY STUFFING • LOAVES AND DISHES
BELL'S HOLIDAY STUFFING | BELL'S SEASONING & FOODS
PERFECT HOLIDAY STUFFING | KOSHER AND JEWISH RECIPES
BEST COOKING BREADS RECIPES: MEATY HOLIDAY STUFFING
SAUSAGE MEAT STUFFING FOR THE HOLIDAY SEASON - COOK WITH GUSTO
EASY TRADITIONAL STUFFING RECIPE FOR THE HOLIDAYS
17 BEST THANKSGIVING STUFFING AND DRESSING RECIPES - THE SPRUCE …
THANKSGIVING STUFFING: AN ITALIAN-AMERICAN FAMILY’S TRADITIONAL …
10 EASY, SCRUMPTIOUS RECIPES TO MAKE WITH STUFFING MIX - WIDE …
SIMPLE HOLIDAY STUFFING WITH SAUSAGE | AMERICA'S TEST KITCHEN RECIPE
GORDON RAMSAY'S HOLIDAY STUFFING RECIPE - THEFOODXP
GRANDMA'S MEAT STUFFING - THE FOOD IN MY BEARD
12 EASY STUFFING AND DRESSING RECIPES FOR THE HOLIDAYS - TODAY
HAVEN'T DECIDED YET? HERE ARE OUR 10 BEST STUFFING RECIPES FOR …
CHALLAH CHESTNUT STUFFING - KOSHER HOLIDAY RECIPE
ORIGINAL HOLIDAY STUFFING - JOHNSONVILLE.CA
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What's the best stuffing to make at Thanksgiving?To make this a stuffing vegetarian, leave out the turkey, bump up the quantity of mushrooms and use vegetable broth instead of chicken. TODAY's Al Roker uses cornbread, spicy pork sausage, chestnuts and dried cranberries to add some excitement to his Thanksgiving stuffing.
How long do you cook stuffing for Thanksgiving?This basic Thanksgiving stuffing recipe will be your go-to year after year. Perfect with turkey dinner, it's got the traditional flavor your family craves. Arrange the cubed bread in an even layer on baking sheets, and dry in the oven for 30 minutes or until crisp.
Can you cook stuffing inside a Turkey?Everything you read will discourage you from cooking your stuffing inside the turkey, mainly because it will take a lot longer for the heat to get in there and cook everything to a safe temperature. This can really dry out the white meat.
What is the best stuffing to put on Meatballs?Stove Top stuffing is also a great addition to meatballs. Dry mix it with ground beef, eggs, onions, and water, and you’ll have some of the tastiest, most flavorful meatballs you’ve ever tried. 5. Stuffing Meatloaf