GARLIC-TOMATO SHRIMP RECIPE WITH ORZO
- Cook the orzo pasta in boiling water according to package instructions; add a dash of salt and olive oil to the cooking water. When the pasta cooks to al dante, remove from the heat then drain and transfer to a serving dish.
- While the pasta cooks, heat the butter with 2 tbsp of olive oil in a large heavy skillet. Saute the shallots on medium-high heat for 3 minutes or so then add the garlic and toss together briefly. Now add the white wine and cook for 1 minute then add the lemon juice, 1/2 cup water, and diced tomatoes. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat to medium. Cook for 15 more minutes on medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in 1 tsp of dried thyme, a pinch of salt and a little cayenne pepper to your taste.
- Add the shrimp and cook for 5 minutes or until the shrimp turns pink. Stir occasionally so that the shrimp is nicely coated in the sauce. Do not over cook the shrimp.
- Finally, stir in the spinach and remove from the heat.
- Top the the cooked orzo pasta with the garlic tomato shrimp. Garnish with your favorite herb (optional) and serve immediately with lemon slices. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 395 calories, Sugar 4.7 g, Sodium 297.4 mg, Fat 11.2 g, SaturatedFat 2.9 g, TransFat 0 g, Carbohydrate 58.2 g, Fiber 2.9 g, Protein 16.9 g, Cholesterol 64.7 mg
MEDITERRANEAN ORZO WITH SHRIMP
If you love orzo recipes, especially orzo pasta salads, then this Mediterranean orzo with shrimp will be great for your next summer lunch recipe, or to go along with your barbecue recipes.
Yield 4-6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil. Add the orzo and cook according to the package directions for al dente. Drain and rinse under cold water until cool. Place in a large bowl; set aside.
- Meanwhile, for the dressing: Whisk the olive oil, vinegar, oregano, garlic, salt and a few grinds of pepper in a medium bowl until combined.
- Add the tomatoes, olives, feta, basil, chickpeas and onion to the orzo. Drizzle in all but 2 tablespoons of the dressing and stir to combine. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Toss the shrimp in a bowl with the reserved 2 tablespoons dressing and set aside to marinate for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, soak 6 wooden skewers in water to prevent them from scorching.
- Preheat the broiler. Thread the shrimp on the skewers, season with salt and place on a baking sheet. Broil for 2 minutes, then flip the skewers and broil until the shrimp is pink and cooked through, about 1 more minute. Top the orzo mixture with the shrimp and more feta and basil.
MEDITERRANEAN SHRIMP ORZO SALAD
This pretty crowd-pleaser always stands out on the buffet table. With plenty of shrimp, artichoke hearts, olives, peppers and a host of herbs, it's a tasty change of pace from pasta salads. I serve it with a from-scratch vinaigrette. -Ginger Johnson, Pottstown, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Cook orzo according to package directions. Drain; rinse with cold water and drain well., In a large bowl, combine orzo, shrimp, vegetables, olives and herbs. Add vinaigrette; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, until serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 397 calories, Fat 12g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 65mg cholesterol, Sodium 574mg sodium, Carbohydrate 52g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 18g protein.
SHRIMP ORZO WITH FETA
Tender, hearty and flavorful, this recipe is one of my favorites! Garlic and a splash of lemon add to the fresh taste and heart-healthy benefits of shrimp. -Sarah Hummel, Moon Township, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Cook orzo according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Add tomatoes and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Stir in shrimp. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until shrimp turn pink, 4-5 minutes., Drain orzo. Add orzo, cilantro and pepper to shrimp mixture; heat through. Sprinkle with feta cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 406 calories, Fat 12g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 180mg cholesterol, Sodium 307mg sodium, Carbohydrate 40g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 9g fiber), Protein 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
MEDITERRANEAN SHRIMP AND ORZO SALAD
Provided by Kelsey Nixon
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the orzo until tender. Drain, rinse under cold water, drain again and transfer to a large bowl. Add the tomatoes, feta, 1/4 cup oil, dill, cucumbers, onions, lemon zest and juice, and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the shrimp with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook, stirring, until the shrimp are no longer pink, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and sprinkle the shrimp with a little lemon juice. Add the shrimp to the orzo and toss. Taste the salad and season with more salt and pepper if desired.
SHAZAM! SHRIMP WITH MEDITERRANEAN ORZO
"SHAZAM! this shrimp is good!" is what one dinner guest said when I served this at a small dinner party to test this recipe. This is created for a romantic dinner for two. Easy prep that can be done ahead of time and the smell of the flash pan-seared shrimp will drive your dinner companion wild. Created for RSC #7. ETA- I designed this dish to be SIMPLE to make for inexperienced cooks. You could certainly make it much more gourmet by roasting the peppers and using fresh tomatoes and herbs. It won't hurt my feelings.
Provided by Pot Scrubber
Yield 2 plates of love, 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Give your date a peck on the cheek. Repeat as often as necessary.
- In a bowl toss shrimp, olive oil, Italian seasoning, and garlic and let marinade for thirty minutes.
- In a sauce pan- bring six cups of water and chicken bouillon powder to a boil.
- Add chopped yellow bell pepper and one cup of orzo and cook according to package directions until tender then drain.
- Return drained orzo back to sauce pan and fold in capers, olives, and cut tomatoes. Cover with lid to keep warm.
- In a heavy, lightly oiled hot skillet, cook shrimp 2 minutes per side (DO NOT OVER COOK THIS SHRIMP!)and remove shrimp immediately to a plate tented with foil to keep warm.
- Deglaze pan with chicken stock and sherry and boil until alcohol has evaporated (about 90 seconds or until you can no longer smell the alcohol)Pour this into 2 small ramekins to use as a dipping sauce for some hot buttered crusty French Bread.
- Divide orzo between 2 plates and top with each with half of the shrimp. Sprinkle with one lime wedge apiece and place another lime wedge on each plate as garnish.
- Eat until you explode and be prepared for grateful kisses from your date.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 985.6, Fat 29.3, SaturatedFat 4.5, Cholesterol 347.3, Sodium 1924, Carbohydrate 91.8, Fiber 8.1, Sugar 10.8, Protein 62.7
More about "mediterranean orzo with shrimp recipes"
ONE PAN MEDITERRANEAN SHRIMP ORZO - SPICES IN MY DNA
5/5 (2)Servings 4Cuisine Mediterranean
- Heat a large nonstick or cast iron skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Add the butter and olive oil. Once butter has melted and skillet is hot, add the shrimp. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté for 2-3 minutes, or until shrimp is opague and cooked through. Add the lemon zest and stir to combine. Season with additional salt and pepper if needed. Remove shrimp from pan and set aside in a bowl.
- Using the same skillet over medium heat, add the butter and olive oil. Add the onion/shallot, garlic, oregano, and crushed red pepper. Sauté for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently to ensure the garlic doesn't burn. Add the orzo and salt, stir to combine, and let toast, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes. Add the white wine and increase to medium-high heat. Let the wine reduce for 1-2 minutes.
- Once wine has reduced, add the chicken stock and raise heat to high. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium and continue to cook the orzo, stirring frequently, to ensure that the orzo doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan, until all liquid is absorbed, and orzo is al dente, about 12-15 minutes. If it seems like it needs more liquid and pasta isn't quite cooked through, add an extra 1/2 cup of stock or water, until orzo is cooked to your liking.
- Once orzo is cooked, let cool for a few minutes, then stir in lemon juice. Add the grape tomatoes and olives and stir to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in the chopped herbs. Add the shrimp back into the pan, and top with the feta. Finish with zest of 1/2 a lemon. Serve with extra chopped herbs and lemon wedges.
MEDITERRANEAN SHRIMP AND ORZO - LAUGHING SPATULA
5/5 (3)Total Time 30 minsCategory DinnerCalories 395 per serving
MEDITERRANEAN BAKED SHRIMP ORZO - AHEAD OF THYME
5/5 (1)Total Time 30 minsCategory SeafoodCalories 362 per serving
MEDITERRANEAN-STYLE GARLIC SHRIMP RECIPE | THE …
SHRIMP AND ORZO - DAILY DISH RECIPES
ORZO SALAD WITH SHRIMP AND FETA RECIPE FOOD NETWORK RECIPES
MEDITERRANEAN SHRIMP SALAD WITH ORZO AND FETA - ALENA MENKO
HIGH FIBER MEDITERRANEAN ORZO WITH SHRIMP - COOKINGHEARTSMART
MEDITERRANEAN SHRIMP SOUP | THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
15 MEDITERRANEAN SHRIMP SALAD - SELECTED RECIPES
MEDITERRANEAN-STYLE SHRIMP WITH ORZO - THE GILDED FORK™
LEMON GARLIC SHRIMP WITH ORZO • 30 MINUTES! - THE VIEW FROM …
BEST MEDITERRANEAN ORZO WITH SHRIMP RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE …
LEMON ORZO SOUP WITH SHRIMP - FOOD BANJO
ORZO WITH SAUSAGE, SPINACH AND CORN RECIPE - FOOD.COM
MEDITERRANEAN SHRIMP WITH ORZO – RECETTE MAGAZINE
MEDITERRANEAN ORZO SALAD WITH SHRIMP - THE VIEW FROM GREAT ISLAND
WE MADE THE VIRAL ONE-POT FRENCH ONION PASTA RECIPE THAT …
MEDITERRANEAN SHRIMP ORZO SALAD - JOY + OLIVER
MEDITERRANEAN-STYLE SHRIMP AND ORZO CASSEROLE RECIPE
7-DAY MEDITERRANEAN DIET WEIGHT-LOSS MEAL PLAN FOR BEGINNERS
MAPLE GLAZED PORK TENDERLOIN - MIA KOUPPA, GREEK RECIPES ETC...
MEDITERRANEAN SHRIMP ORZO SALAD – COOKIN' WITH MIMA
You'll also love