THE BEST HOMEMADE CORNBREAD RECIPE
Fill your kitchen with the aroma of homemade cornbread! My family has been making this easy cornbread recipe for decades. The crisp golden crust and moist, fluffy center really can't be beat.
Provided by Melissa Griffiths - Bless this Mess
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Grease a 9-inch round cake pan or cast iron skillet well and set aside. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt, and baking powder. Whisk to combine well.
- Make a well in the center of your dry ingredients and add your oil or butter, milk, and egg. Stir just until the mixture comes together and there are only a few lumps remaining.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes until the top is a deep golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 Slice, Calories 173 calories, Sugar 15.1 g, Sodium 516.8 mg, Fat 1.1 g, SaturatedFat 0.3 g, TransFat 0 g, Carbohydrate 37 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 4 g, Cholesterol 19.1 mg
This recipe comes from my mother-in-law in Canada. It's the most moist corn bread that I have ever tasted. It's great with chili con carne or as stuffing for your holiday turkey.
Provided by Patricia Terranova Bergstrom
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). In a small bowl, combine cornmeal and milk; let stand for 5 minutes. Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Mix in the cornmeal mixture, eggs and oil until smooth. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center of the cornbread comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 233.7 calories, Carbohydrate 33.1 g, Cholesterol 28.1 mg, Fat 9.3 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 4.9 g, SaturatedFat 1.9 g, Sodium 252.8 mg, Sugar 11 g
Cornbread is a great side dish that your family will love to eat on its own or use to wipe their plate clean of all the deliciousness you serve up. This recipe for cornbread works equally as well with yellow, white or blue cornmeal so you can choose the color of cornbread you want! With Gold Medal™ flour and 10 minutes of prep time, you'll be pulling a golden brown cornbread out of the oven before you know it.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat the oven to 400°F. Spray the bottom and sides of an 8-inch square pan or 9-inch round cake pan with the cooking spray.
- In a 1-quart saucepan, heat the butter over low heat until melted.
- In a large bowl, beat the melted butter, milk and egg with a fork or wire whisk until well mixed. Add the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt all at once; stir just until the flour is moistened (batter will be lumpy). Pour batter into the pan; use a rubber spatula to scrape batter from bowl. Spread batter evenly in pan and smooth top of batter.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 180, Carbohydrate 29 g, Cholesterol 30 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 0 g, Protein 4 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 260 mg, Sugar 10 g, TransFat 0 g
GRANDMOTHER'S BUTTERMILK CORNBREAD
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8 inch square pan.
- Melt butter in large skillet. Remove from heat and stir in sugar. Quickly add eggs and beat until well blended. Combine buttermilk with baking soda and stir into mixture in pan. Stir in cornmeal, flour, and salt until well blended and few lumps remain. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 284.3 calories, Carbohydrate 39.1 g, Cholesterol 59 mg, Fat 12.2 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 4.8 g, SaturatedFat 7.1 g, Sodium 317.8 mg, Sugar 16.6 g
THE BEST MOIST SWEET CORNBREAD
This is more like a cake it's so moist and light, you may want to add in some green chilies or shredded cheddar cheese --- for a less sweeter taste reduce sugar to 1/2 cup --- this is very good!
Provided by Kittencalrecipezazz
Categories Quick Breads
Yield 16 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- Butter an 8 x 8-inch square baking dish.
- In a large bowl mix together flour with sugar, cornmeal, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl whisk together half and half cream or milk, eggs, oil and melted butter; add to the flour mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until just combined.
- Mix in canned corn niblets.
- Transfer to baking dish.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until the the cake tests done.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 207.9, Fat 10.6, SaturatedFat 4, Cholesterol 37.9, Sodium 184.9, Carbohydrate 26, Fiber 1, Sugar 9.5, Protein 3.4
I love tasting different cornbread recipes, and I have to admit, I think this is the best that I've ever tasted. Usually I have to put tons of butter on it, because it's so dry and just doesn't have much taste to it, but this recipe is very moist, and you can eat it alone, it's got a great sweet taste to it. Try it...and let me know what you think. Thanks to Betty Crockers Big Red Cookbook for this great recipe.
Provided by crazycookinmama
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat oven to 400³F.
- Grease bottom and side or round pan, 9x1 1/2 inches, or square pan, 8x8x2 inches, with shortening.
- Beat milk, butter and egg in large bowl with hand beater or wire whisk.
- Stir in remaining ingredients all at once just until flour is moistened (batter will be lumpy).
- Pour into pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve warm if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 169.6, Fat 5.5, SaturatedFat 3.1, Cholesterol 28.5, Sodium 242.1, Carbohydrate 27.3, Fiber 1.2, Sugar 8.4, Protein 3.3
MERT'S CORNBREAD RECIPE - (2.7/5)
Provided by á-33279
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 400. Place 2 (12cup) standard size muffin tins in oven and heat until hot, about 10 minutes. Whisk together butter, sugar, eggs and mayonnaise in a large mixing bowl and set aside. Combine cornmeal and flour and set aside. Gradually stir the flour mixture and the buttermilk into the butter/sugar mixture, alternating between the two. You should begin and end with the buttermilk. Stir in the water. Remove pans from oven and spray with nonstick cooking spray or brush with butter. Divide batter evenly between the tins. Bake for approximately 20 minutes. NOTE: Self-rising flour has baking powder and salt already mixed in. Self-rising cornmeal mix contains flour and baking powder. You can't substitute all-purpose flour and plain cornmeal for either of these. Yield 20-24 muffins.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 400. Place 2 (12-cup) standard-size muffin tins in oven and heat until hot, about 10 minutes. You can also use 3 mini loaf pans. Whisk together butter, sugar, eggs, and mayonaise in a large mixing bowl and set aside. Combine cornmeal and flour and set aside. Gradually stir the flour mixture and the buttermilk into the butter/sugar mixture. alternating between the two. You should begin and end with the buttermilk. Stir in the water. Remove pans from oven and spray with nonstick cooking spray or brush with butter. Divide batter evenly between the tins. Bake for approximately 20 minutes. Note: self-rising flour has baking powder and salt already mixed in. Self-rising cormeal contains flour and baking powder. You can't substitue all purpose flour and plain cornmeal for either of these.
MARY'S CAST IRON SKILLET CORNBREAD
Have been perfecting this cornbread recipe for years. My Southern family does not like sweet cornbread. It is hard to find a good recipe. Should be moist and buttery. Top with butter to serve.
Provided by Mary Ann
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Pour vegetable oil in a cast iron skillet; place in the oven. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Mix cream-style corn, cornmeal, buttermilk, sour cream, yogurt, eggs, salt, and red chile pepper together in a bowl to form batter. Remove skillet from oven using oven mitts; pour in batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges pull away from skillet, 30 to 40 minutes. Spread butter over top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 210.9 calories, Carbohydrate 27 g, Cholesterol 60.1 mg, Fat 9.8 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 6.1 g, SaturatedFat 4.3 g, Sodium 631.5 mg, Sugar 3 g
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together corn, sour cream, eggs and melted butter. Gradually stir in the cornmeal, sugar and applesauce. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 123.4 calories, Carbohydrate 12.8 g, Cholesterol 39.7 mg, Fat 7.5 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 2.8 g, SaturatedFat 4.2 g, Sodium 224.2 mg, Sugar 2 g
More about "merts cornbread recipe 275"
SUPER MOIST CORNBREAD RECIPE - LIVING SWEET MOMENTS
3.9/5 (79)Total Time 50 minsCategory BreadsCalories 181 per serving
HOMEMADE CORNBREAD RECIPE - EASY & DELICIOUS!
CORNBREAD RECIPE | RECIPETIN EATS
BEST EVER CORNBREAD RECIPES – NORTHERN AND SOUTHERN …
CORNBREAD RECIPE WITH FRESH OR FROZEN SWEET CORN
CLASSIC CORNBREAD RECIPE | CHATELAINE.COM
CORNBREAD | RICARDO
22 SWEET, SAVORY CORNBREAD RECIPES THAT’LL MELT IN …
EASY HOMEMADE CORNBREAD RECIPE FROM SCRATCH - BUDGET BYTES
MAKE A SKILLET CORNBREAD WITH THIS SWEET WHOLE GRAIN RECIPE
BEST SUPER MOIST CORNBREAD RECIPE - CREME DE LA CRUMB
SO YUMMY: MERT'S HEART AND SOUL CORNBREAD RECIPE IN 8 QUICK …
BEST CORNBREAD RECIPE - JOYFOODSUNSHINE
CORNBREAD - MENU - MERT'S HEART & SOUL - CHARLOTTE
CORNBREAD 275 DEGREES - RECIPES - PAGE 9 | COOKS.COM
CORNBREAD 275 DEGREES - RECIPES - PAGE 7 | COOKS.COM
CORNBREAD RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
BUTTERMILK CORNBREAD - DAMN DELICIOUS
CORNBREAD 275 DEGREES - RECIPES - PAGE 11 | COOKS.COM
BEN MIMS' PERFECT CORNBREAD RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
CORNBREAD | RICARDO
SIMPLE RECIPE MERT'S HEART AND SOUL CORNBREAD RECIPE [BRITISH …
PIN ON ANGELA GILBEAU - PINTEREST
THE BEST CORNBREAD RECIPES FROM MOM AND GRANDMA
CORNBREAD RECIPE - CAFE DELITES
THE BEST CORNBREAD ON THE PLANET | MEL'S KITCHEN CAFE
HOMEMADE CORNBREAD RECIPE - SPEND WITH PENNIES
EASY BUTTERMILK CORNBREAD (BEST SWEET CORNBREAD) - CAFE DELITES
EASY HOMEMADE CORNBREAD - ERREN'S KITCHEN
OLD FASHIONED SKILLET CORNBREAD | BUTTERMILK CORNBREAD RECIPE
MERT’S CORNBREAD | CORN BREAD RECIPE, SOUTHERN CUISINE, CAKE MIX
MERT'S FAVORITE CORNBREAD - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
GOLDEN SWEET MOIST & EASY CORNBREAD RECIPE - PAULA DEEN
THE BEST MOIST CORNBREAD RECIPE - HOUSE OF NASH EATS
100 MERTS RECIPE IDEAS IN 2022 | RECIPES, FOOD, COOKING RECIPES
RECIPES – MERT'S HEART & SOUL
THE BEST CORNBREAD - REVIEW OF MERT'S HEART & SOUL, CHARLOTTE, NC ...
CORNBREAD 275 DEGREES - RECIPES - PAGE 12 | COOKS.COM
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to make a cornbread recipe?Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. In a medium mixing bowl, add the flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt, and baking powder. Whisk to combine well. Make a well in the center of your dry ingredients and add your oil or butter, milk, and egg.
Do you need buttermilk to make cornbread?Many cornbread recipes require buttermilk or creamed corn or a very specific kind of pan. By comparison, my recipe is one you can make any day, any time, with what you have on hand.
How to make the best cornbread muffins?Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a medium mixing bowl, add the flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt, and baking powder. Whisk to combine well. Make a well in the center of your dry ingredients and add your oil or butter, milk, and egg. Stir just until the mixture comes together and there are only a few lumps remaining.
What temperature do you cook cornbread in a pan?You can also use a muffin tin and bake for 22 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit Or, grease a cast-iron skillet with vegetable oil and bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Leave the cornbread in the pan for at least 20 minutes to cool.