MEXICAN CORNBREAD CASSEROLE
I can't remember where I got this recipe but have had it for years. I always make this when I have cooked a big pot of pinto beans and ham. It's a nice change from your standard cornbread. My husband does not like cornbread or anything with cornmeal but always looks forward to me making this when we have beans. I have made it often and always get lots of compliments.
Provided by Anita Harris
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Brown together the ground beef, onion and jalapeno pepper; drain well.
- In a bowl mix together the cornbread ingredients.
- Lightly spray a 13 x9 in baking dish with Pam.
- Pour 1/2 of the cornbread mixture into prepared dish.
- Top with the meat mixture then sprinkle on the cheese to cover.
- Pour the remaining cornbread mixture on top.
- Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 45 mins or until the top is lightly browned.
MEXICAN CASSEROLE WITH CORNBREAD TOPPING
- Preheat oven to 350'. Grease a 13x9 inch glass baking dish.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown beef and sausage; drain.
- Add corn, pepper, onion, garlic, paprika, cayenne, taco seasoning, tomato sauce, tomatoes, and 3/4 cup water. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer, uncovered, until slightly thickened, about 10 to 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Spoon the mixture into the greased pan. Sprinkle evenly with the shredded cheese.
- Combine the cornbread mix, milk and egg in a bowl; mix well. Pour evenly over the beef mixture. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes or until golden.
MEXICAN CORN BREAD CASSEROLE
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and red bell pepper; saute until softened, 5 to 7 minutes. Add ground beef, garlic, chili powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper. Cook and stir until beef is browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Mix corn into the beef mixture and toss to defrost, about 3 minutes. Drain and discard fat. Add about 1/4 of the shredded Mexican cheese blend and mix well. Pour meat sauce into a 9x13-inch casserole dish. Cover meat with a thin layer of salsa.
- Combine cornmeal, salt, and baking soda in a large bowl. Add milk and eggs; stir until well blended. Pour cornmeal mixture on top of salsa layer and top with remaining shredded Mexican cheese blend.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned on top, about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 304.2 calories, Carbohydrate 21.5 g, Cholesterol 100.6 mg, Fat 16.3 g, Fiber 1.9 g, Protein 18.2 g, SaturatedFat 7.5 g, Sodium 707.9 mg, Sugar 3.8 g
TACO CORNBREAD CASSEROLE
A whole can of chiles adds fire to this cornbread casserole. For less heat, you can use just enough of the can for your taste. -Lisa Paul, Terre Haute, Indiana
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles, 8-10 minutes; drain. Stir in taco seasoning. Add tomatoes, water, rice and green chiles; heat through, stirring occasionally., Meanwhile, prepare cornbread mix according to package directions; stir in corn. Pour half of the batter into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with half of the meat mixture, all the sour cream, half of the corn chips and 1 cup cheese. Top with remaining batter, remaining meat mixture, olives and remaining corn chips., Bake, uncovered, until cornbread is cooked through, 55-60 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake until melted, 3-5 minutes longer. If desired, serve with lettuce, tomatoes and red onion.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 817 calories, Fat 40g fat (17g saturated fat), Cholesterol 183mg cholesterol, Sodium 1982mg sodium, Carbohydrate 74g carbohydrate (20g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 36g protein.
MEXICAN TURKEY CORN BREAD CASSEROLE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat; cook and stir ground turkey in hot oil until turkey is browned and crumbly, 5 to 10 minutes. Drain excess fat. Stir chicken broth and taco seasoning mix into turkey; cook and stir until liquid reduces and thickens, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir orzo into turkey mixture, bring to a simmer, and cook until slightly softened, about 2 minutes. Add salsa to turkey-orzo mixture, stir, and transfer mixture to a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Stir muffin mix, creamed corn, and milk together in a bowl. Spread corn mixture over turkey mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of the casserole comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Spread Mexican cheese blend over the top of the casserole and bake until cheese melts, about 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 465.6 calories, Carbohydrate 46.2 g, Cholesterol 78.3 mg, Fat 20.5 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 25.7 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, Sodium 1123.4 mg, Sugar 3.2 g
CORNBREAD TACO BAKE
The cornbread and beef bake together in one casserole dish, making this entree convenient. This Mexican cornbread casserole is packed with tempting seasonings, and the cheese and onions make an attractive topping. -Vicki Good, Oscoda, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the corn, tomato sauce, water, green pepper and taco seasoning. Spoon into a greased 2-qt. baking dish., Prepare cornbread mix according to package directions for cornbread. Stir in half of the onions. Spread over beef mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes. , Sprinkle with cheese and remaining onions. Bake until cheese is melted and a toothpick inserted into cornbread layer comes out clean, 3-5 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 541 calories, Fat 26g fat (9g saturated fat), Cholesterol 95mg cholesterol, Sodium 1491mg sodium, Carbohydrate 48g carbohydrate (14g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 28g protein.
More about "mexican casserole with cornbread topping recipes"
MEXICAN CORNBREAD CASSEROLE | READY SET EAT
MEXICAN CORNBREAD RECIPE - APEXROOFINGSA.COM
MEXICAN CORNBREAD CASSEROLE - 100K RECIPES
MEXICAN CASSEROLE WITH CORNBREAD TOPPING - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
SKILLET MEXICAN CASSEROLE WITH CORN BREAD TOPPING
MEXICAN CORNBREAD CASSEROLE RECIPES
MEXICAN CORNBREAD CASSEROLE ~ QUICK, EASY, YUMMY ...
MEXICAN CASSEROLE CORNBREAD TOPPING - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
MEXICAN CORNBREAD CASSEROLE — BUNS IN MY OVEN
MEXICAN CASSEROLE WITH CORNBREAD TOPPING - CREATE THE MOST ...
MEXICAN CORNBREAD CASSEROLE - COPYKAT RECIPES
MEXICAN CORNBREAD CASSEROLE - DAD WHATS 4 DINNER
MEXICAN CASSEROLE WITH CORNBREAD TOPPING RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
EASY MEXICAN CORNBREAD CASSEROLE RECIPE - ABOUT A MOM
MEXICAN CHILI CORNBREAD CASSEROLE RECIPE | THE FAMILY FREEZER
MEXICAN CORNBREAD CASSEROLE – JULIA PACHECO
EASY MEXICAN CORNBREAD CASSEROLE | THE FOOD CAFE
MEXICAN CHICKEN CORNBREAD CASSEROLE - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
RECIPE: MEXICAN CASSEROLE WITH CORNBREAD TOPPING
MEXICAN CORNBREAD CASSEROLE WITH GROUND BEEF
MEXICAN CORNBREAD CASSEROLE (HEARTY GROUND BEEF & JIFFY ...
MEXICAN CORNBREAD RECIPE - AURORAFENCEINC.COM
MEXICAN CASSEROLE WITH CORNBREAD TOPPING : OPTIMAL ...
MEXICAN CORNBREAD CASSEROLE RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
10 BEST MEXICAN CORNBREAD CASSEROLE GROUND BEEF RECIPES ...
MEXICAN CORNBREAD CASSEROLE RECIPE - KEYTOMYLIME.COM
27 EASY MEXICAN CASSEROLE RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
MEXICAN CASSEROLE WITH CORNBREAD TOPPING - THERESCIPES.INFO
CROCK POT MEXICAN CORNBREAD CASSEROLE - FLOUR ON MY FACE
PIONEER WOMAN MEXICAN CORNBREAD CASSEROLE - CHEFS & RECIPES
ENCHILADA PIE WITH CORNBREAD : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
MEXICAN CORNBREAD CASSEROLE - THIS IS NOT DIET FOOD
CORNBREAD ENCHILADA CASSEROLE: THIS QUICK DINNER IS A ...
MEXICAN CASSEROLE TACO CASSEROLE TOPPED WITH CORNBREAD
CASSEROLE WITH CORNBREAD TOPPING - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING ...
MEXICAN CORNBREAD CASSEROLE WITH SHREDDED CHICKEN
GROUND BEEF CASSEROLE WITH CORNBREAD CRUST - THE SEASONED MOM
MEXICAN CORNBREAD CASSEROLE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE IT IN 13 ...
TACO CASSEROLE WITH CORNBREAD TOPPING : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION ...
MEXICAN CORNBREAD CASSEROLE ⋆ VINTAGE MOUNTAIN HOMESTEAD
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #north-american #casseroles #main-dish #mexican #oven #kid-friendly #dietary #one-dish-meal #meat #equipment #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love